Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (346361 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Chessbaby(f): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2022
Nobody asked how long it takes family reunion with blue card holders. Mine took a little less than 3 months. The person I went with, hers was 1 month on the dot. Hang in there

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wengusta: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2022
Hello All, I'm new here. I just heard about the German visa work applications. Please can anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction.
I'm a lawyer but have an MBA and years of experience in marketing and business development.
Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pseudonomer: 10:38am On Jul 29, 2022
Just wanted to ask, for some that the spouse has a Blue Card, is the process faster or easier?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by IAD2020: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
According to what I have read on this thread, the process is easier as you won't be needing the language certificate and verification might not be done too
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by IAD2020: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
pseudonomer:
Just wanted to ask, for some that the spouse has a Blue Card, is the process faster or easier?

According to what I have read on this thread, the process is easier as you won't be needing the language certificate and verification might not be done too
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pseudonomer: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
IAD2020:

Thank you.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pseudonomer: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2022
Chessbaby:
Nobody asked how long it takes family reunion with blue card holders. Mine took a little less than 3 months. The person I went with, hers was 1 month on the dot. Hang in there

Wow!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Anthonyedr: 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hi Omabisco, i am in the same position. I was told it will take up to 15 weeks to get the pre approval.

Can u enlighten me on how you managed to do this if you have.

Hello everyone,

My employer is asking for German translation of my degree and Apostille of my Degree for the pre-approval. Has anyone recently done any of this that can guide where to do this?

Thank you [/quote]
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Anthonyedr: 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
Hi Bro, can i message you provately?

I would love information on this. This is where i am with my application.

JahBwoy:

My employer did this on my behalf. All I did was send them certified copies of my transcript and certificate. and a regular copy of my waec
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2022
Anthonyedr:
Hi Bro, can i message you provately?

I would love information on this. This is where i am with my application.

Drop your email
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by omabisco: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
I guess because my degree and university is already in the anabin database so all I am doing is just the LMA. If i needed to do ZAB approval it would have taken longer. German translation and apostille was not needed for the approval either. The translation was just need for a later stage.

Anthonyedr:
Hi Omabisco, i am in the same position. I was told it will take up to 15 weeks to get the pre approval.

Hello everyone,

My employer is asking for German translation of my degree and Apostille of my Degree for the pre-approval. Has anyone recently done any of this that can guide where to do this?

Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zilonnn: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2022
Akhinoz:
Anyone here who recently got the blue card visa? Just wanted to confirm how long it takes. Currently in the 6th week

If you have the pre-approval, it shouldn’t take more than 6 week max. For me, after receiving feedback from Employment Agency (guess what, I applied for pre-approval myself), I booked appointment on the 5th of May, got an email with a date the next day for 12th May, and got the visa on the 18th of June.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zilonnn: 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2022
jideaffo:
@JahBwoy, if you dont mind, I would like to connect with you. The DM here doesnt seem to work. You can shoot me an email at jideaffo @ yahoo.com.

For those who travelled to Germany recently, what is experience like in terms of Covid test and Vaccination at the Airport and Point of Entry in Germany?

No need for COVID test or vaccination. But as a precaution, ensure you are fully vaccinated and have your vaccination card with you. But there was no check for the card or test result. Not at all.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zilonnn: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
timbs001:

You can try https://www.thehomelike.com/ . I was able to get something reasonable when I used their service way back and you won't need to pay a deposit.

Try Habyt.com They are my current landlord, and they seem affordable and non-discriminatory.

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zilonnn: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
EngrOsax:
The silence is really deafening, Nothing from them yet.

I think most of the Consulate staff are on vacation, so it’s expected to delay in responding or allocating interview dates. July/August is the peak on Summer holidays.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
zilonnn:

Try Habyt.com They are my current landlord, and they seem affordable and non-discriminatory.

Can be used for long term accomodation too yeah?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2022
zilonnn:

If you have the pre-approval, it shouldn’t take more than 6 week max. For me, after receiving feedback from Employment Agency (guess what, I applied for pre-approval myself), I booked appointment on the 5th of May, got an email with a date the next day for 12th May, and got the visa on the 18th of June.
Can you shed light on how you applied for pre-approval by yourself ?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
Chessbaby:

Good pm ma, I'm making enquiry on traveling to Germany or Spain for greener pastures.
Please, can you help me with the necessary guidelines?

Don't mind my moniker please...
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
zilonnn:

From your responses it seems you took the process yourself, so I think you will be in a very good position to help me out.

Can I mail/message you sir, please?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2022
I have a couple of questions, I will really appreciate if it is answered.

My company applied for pre-approval some weeks back but we got a letter from Federal Employment Agency that I don't need pre-approval because I qualify for Blue card. I went on to apply for blue card appointment and I did my interview two weeks ago. Now the problem is I can't get an appointment date for my wife because I applied to blue card and not via the skilled immigration act category. I urged my Employer to try to apply for pre-approval for me once again on the basis that my wife needs it to get a faster appointment date but they are a bit reluctant to do that, They advised I get to Germany first and try to reapply for pre-approval. Now my questions:-

1) is it possible to apply again for pre-approval when I get to Germany ?
2) Is there anyone who has experienced this problem ( Pre-approval denied because of blue card qualification ) and was still able to get a faster appointment date for their spouse?
3) Is it possible to apply again for pre-approval by myself ?
4) I have booked a family reunion appointment for my wife, it takes a year as we know. Is it possible to get her a visit visa while awaiting an appointment date for family reunion ? If yes how long does it take to get an appointment for visit visa ?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Chinny22: 12:28am On Aug 01, 2022
Good morning house ..I was ask to get an insurance.. should I buy here in Nigeria or get from my husband in Germany??
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeinfinit(m): 6:41am On Aug 01, 2022
Anthonyedr:

Hello everyone,

Thank you

Hello. Please did you submit any documents and fill any forms for the pre approval? My wife’s employer says they are still expecting documentations from the Berlin office and its been more than a month now.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by timbs001(m): 8:39am On Aug 01, 2022
Codedboy95:

My company applied for pre-approval some weeks back but we got a letter from Federal Employment Agency that I don't need pre-approval because I qualify for Blue card. I went on to apply for blue card appointment and I did my interview two weeks ago. Now the problem is I can't get an appointment date for my wife because I applied to blue card and not via the skilled immigration act category. I urged my Employer to try to apply for pre-approval for me once again on the basis that my wife needs it to get a faster appointment date but they are a bit reluctant to do that, They advised I get to Germany first and try to reapply for pre-approval. Now my questions:-

2) Is there anyone who has experienced this problem ( Pre-approval denied because of blue card qualification ) and was still able to get a faster appointment date for their spouse?
4) I have booked a family reunion appointment for my wife, it takes a year as we know. Is it possible to get her a visit visa while awaiting an appointment date for family reunion ? If yes how long does it take to get an appointment for visit visa ?

1. No you can't apply for pre-approval when you get to Germany. The pre-approval is meant to facilitate your easy access into Germany and if you are there already, then you don't need the pre-approval again technically.
2. I've not experienced that before, that's really strange. I went through the same process and got a pre-approval in addition to qualifying for a blue card.
3. I think the law states that the company has to apply on your behalf but I've read here that some people applied by themselves, maybe something changed and they can point you in the right direction with regards to this.
4. I don't think that would be easy or possible, they would have your wife's record on file and might not grant her the visit visa, someone also mentioned this on this thread sometimes back, can't find the particular page.

Other contributions from other people who did the pre-approval process recently will be nice.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 9:38am On Aug 01, 2022
Chinny22:
Good morning house ..I was ask to get an insurance.. should I buy here in Nigeria or get from my husband in Germany??

Just buy from AXA Mansard, 90 days is around 17k
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2022
Codedboy95:

A bit strange not to get pre-approval for blue card,

But i Think an option to make family relocation faster when you get Germany is to let your HR write a letter of invitation for your wife on your behalf. I am not so sure were to send, I think directly to the embassy or employers office, I have read it on the thread that it significantly reduced the time of processing
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Anthonyedr: 9:48am On Aug 01, 2022
Hi, I was sent a list of items to submit and they all seem impossible given the timeline. I am eligible for a blue card, so I think it will be faster. The timeline i was given for the LMA is 15 Weeks after sending in all these documents. They also require an apostille, translation of all documents as well as a German A1 certificate for my spouse. These are difficult given the timeline.

adeinfinit:

Hello. Please did you submit any documents and fill any forms for the pre approval? My wife’s employer says they are still expecting documentations from the Berlin office and its been more than a month now.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Anthonyedr: 10:11am On Aug 01, 2022
Hi Everyone i just received interview date for visa appointment. It is for Blue card.

I applied on Thursday and got a date yesterday. Interview is in 3 weeks.

I would love if i can receive a concise checklist of all the documents to be provided on the day of interview. I am currently using the list provided by the embassy but i want to be sure i am not omiting anything.

House i would appreciate the help.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 10:12am On Aug 01, 2022
JahBwoy:

But i Think an option to make family relocation faster when you get Germany is to let your HR write a letter of invitation for your wife on your behalf. I am not so sure were to send, I think directly to the embassy or employers office, I have read it on the thread that it significantly reduced the time of processing

Thank you, I will try this. On my appointment day, I met two people who didn't get pre-approval for same reason

timbs001:

1. No you can't apply for pre-approval when you get to Germany. The pre-approval is meant to facilitate your easy access into Germany and if you are there already, then you don't need the pre-approval again technically.
2. I've not experienced that before, that's really strange. I went through the same process and got a pre-approval in addition to qualifying for a blue card.
3. I think the law states that the company has to apply on your behalf but I've read here that some people applied by themselves, maybe something changed and they can point you in the right direction with regards to this.
4. I don't think that would be easy or possible, they would have your wife's record on file and might not grant her the visit visa, someone also mentioned this on this thread sometimes back, can't find the particular page.

Other contributions from other people who did the pre-approval process recently will be nice.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Anthonyedr: 10:12am On Aug 01, 2022
I think i will be doing this,

Because the LMA approval is looking like a longer process to me.

JahBwoy:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by BigBoy123: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2022
Once you have your blue card, then your wife should apply for family reunion, she will get it within 2 months. Get to Germany first and get your Blue Card ASAP. Then when you have it, then she should apply for family reunion, a week after the application follow up with emails, they would hurry it up.
Codedboy95:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Anthonyedr: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2022
Sent you a mail bro

Thanks alot

JahBwoy:

Drop your email
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2022
Anthonyedr:
Hi Everyone i just received interview date for visa appointment. It is for Blue card.

I applied on Thursday and got a date yesterday. Interview is in 3 weeks.

I would love if i can receive a concise checklist of all the documents to be provided on the day of interview. I am currently using the list provided by the embassy but i want to be sure i am not omiting anything.

House i would appreciate the help.

Hi, I got an email from you, I guess you what to ask about the checklist. The checklist you have is all you need. Make sure you make two photocopies of each document ( Including your employment contract letter and resume ). If there are additional letters sent by your company, include them and also make two copies, also if your degree isn't tech related, you can add any certification you have that is related to tech, This is not compulsory but my interviewer asked me what my university degree ( Agric ) as to do with blue card and I had to show a tech related certification I got some months back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.