Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (344560 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 10, 2020
Hello my family. You guys help have been working for me and I am grateful but please I have a question? I got the document from registry (standesamt) yesterday which is the documents that shows that your marriage date has been registered. All my documents has been proven 100% Okay . But the little issue now is the embassy? I applied in September 2019 and they said that I will get my accurate date to come to the embassy in September 2020, So I explained to the Die Standesamt Frau and she said that's impossible because I should get married with my wife with the next six months. So she said she wants to write and official letter which will have the stamp of my hometown in Germany and the stamp of Berlin to the embassy to give me appointment in march ! Now my question? Is that possible, will the embassy give me appointment then ?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 10, 2020
Ajereh01:
Hello my family. You guys help have been working for me and I am grateful but please I have a question? I got the document from registry (standesamt) yesterday which is the documents that shows that your marriage date has been registered. All my documents has been proven 100% Okay . But the little issue now is the embassy? I applied in September 2019 and they said that I will get my accurate date to come to the embassy in September 2020, So I explained to the Die Standesamt Frau and she said that's impossible because I should get married with my wife with the next six months. So she said she wants to write and official letter which will have the stamp of my hometown in Germany and the stamp of Benin to the embassy to give me appointment in march ! Now my question? Is that possible, will the embassy give me appointment then ?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Damolaskynov: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2020
It really would have been ideal to get your wife's passport changed to reflect her marital status BEFORE applying for the family reunion appointment but that process alone should take another 2 months or so. Moreover, you would need to cancel the old appointment and reapply using her new passport details when that is ready.

I would suggest you begin the process of getting her the new passport to avoid complications that could arise much later because of this. I learnt the hard way myself when my wife and I were trying to secure visit visas to Germany on her old passport and she got denied after all the money and effort put in.

bamdexfarms:
Hello people, I am a student residing in Bonn, Germany since October 2018. I went back home last year August to tie the knot with my fiancee, now my wife. She has applied for family reunion visa however I read somewhere that my duration of residence in Germany will be considered and that I must have spent 2 years here before she can apply for family reunion. Also, she applied for appointment using a passport carrying her maiden name. Can she change the passport to include my surname? And probably go with both on the date of interview? She applied in September and we are yet to get interview date. Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by RolexJames: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hello. The embassy just asked me to submit a Statement of Comparability for my bachelor's degree. I'm not sure what that is. Can anyone help me know how to get it? Thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by emmanero: 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
Good day. Please which month are they now in work visa? June or July?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zamani234: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
Which school did you attend and what degree did you get? you might want to check the anabin website. https://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html

RolexJames:
Hello. The embassy just asked me to submit a Statement of Comparability for my bachelor's degree. I'm not sure what that is. Can anyone help me know how to get it? Thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zamani234: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
You still haven't gotten a date? Wow this is crazy mehn

emmanero:
Good day. Please which month are they now in work visa? June or July?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by RolexJames: 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
Afe Babalola University. B.Eng. I've already gotten a document from my company which I will send them on Monday
zamani234:
Which school did you attend and what degree did you get? you might want to check the anabin website. https://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by emmanero: 6:49am On Jan 11, 2020
zamani234:
You still haven't gotten a date? Wow this is crazy mehn

Yes. Patience is just the way
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Rachy72: 7:42am On Jan 11, 2020
Adedamola92:
They are yet to start the verification, will be going to the embassy today to pay the 150k for verification. Have they started yours?

Hello Adedamola92, please i thought we are to pay the verification fee the same day of the interview, didn't know they'll call you to pay on a separate day. Please is this the same for everyone?

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by knogbu: 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
[quote author=Rachy72 post=85694284]

Hi @Rachy72, have you received interview date and which month?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by knogbu: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
Do you have now interview data?
Rachy72:

Hi, please what date in March did you get? I also applied in July 29th and i haven't gotten any date yet
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adedamola92: 9:04am On Jan 12, 2020
I think it's peculiar to my case, I should have paid on my appointment day, but I was told I wouldn't need to pay. Only for me to receive an email requesting that I should bring the money (which I was low-key happy about though) to the embassy.

Rachy72:

Hello Adedamola92, please i thought we are to pay the verification fee the same day of the interview, didn't know they'll call you to pay on a separate day. Please is this the same for everyone?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Rachy72: 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Adedamola92:
I think it's peculiar to my case, I should have paid on my appointment day, but I was told I wouldn't need to pay. Only for me to receive an email requesting that I should bring the money (which I was low-key about though) to the embassy.

Oh okay... Thanks for the response i appreciate
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Rachy72: 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
knogbu:
Do you have now interview data?

I haven't gotten a date for the interview yet
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Firstlady001: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
Good evening, please i would like to ask if affidavit of marital status is the same as affidavit of change of name (for those who have gone for their family reunion interview)
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zamani234: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
Check bro.... you should have gotten a date.

emmanero:

Yes. Patience is just the way
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by emmanero: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
Mine is August. I want to know if June or July have gotten
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zamani234: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2020
Someone i know that applied in November has gotten a date already, Check your spam folder or promotion folder in your mail box

emmanero:
Mine is August. I want to know if June or July have gotten
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by emmanero: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
No emai. I always check these folders. Is it for work visa or family reunion?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zamani234: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
Work visa (Blue card)

emmanero:
No emai. I always check these folders. Is it for work visa or family reunion?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by funnix: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hello there, please is it a must I do a change of name on my international passport to my husband's surname before I apply for family reunion? Thanks in anticipation
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by emmanero: 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
zamani234:
Work visa (Blue card)

Ah! I chose just work visa. I didn't know much about blue card before.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by bamdexfarms(m): 12:53am On Jan 16, 2020
funnix:
Hello there, please is it a must I do a change of name on my international passport to my husband's surname before I apply for family reunion? Thanks in anticipation

I am in the same situation. My wife used her maiden name to apply for appointment. But I guess this shouldn't be a problem provided that all relevant documents and the Lawyer's verification is positive. Also, adopting the hubby's surname is a matter of agreement between couples and not compulsory. But the experts in the house can shed light this issue, my conclusions are based on assumptions.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by sissyborlahdey(f): 7:01am On Jan 16, 2020
Firstlady001:
Good evening, please i would like to ask if affidavit of marital status is the same as affidavit of change of name (for those who have gone for their family reunion interview)
No, they are different. Affidavit of marital status should be done by your father or head of family

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Damolaskynov: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2020
Good morning Good people here,

For anyone here who had to certify documents at Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja, kindly share your experience. Also share any reliable contact there that could be of assistance to reduce having to travel to Abuja from Lagos almost every week .

Thank you and God bless you as you share. If you have any reservation about openly posting the person's details , you can send me a mail instead.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adedamola92: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2020
HI, when was your family reunion appointment date? Has the lawyers contacted you or come for documents verification?

sissyborlahdey:

No, they are different. Affidavit of marital status should be done by your father or head of family
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by sissyborlahdey(f): 10:27am On Jan 17, 2020
Adedamola92:

HI, when was your family reunion appointment date? Has the lawyers contacted you or come for documents verification?

my interview was on 16th of December, still patiently waiting for the lawyer
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adedamola92: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2020
Thanks for the reply, please keep us updated, I will do the same.

sissyborlahdey:
my interview was on 16th of December, still patiently waiting for the lawyer
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Firstlady001: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
sissyborlahdey:

Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Firstlady001: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2020
bamdexfarms:

I am in the same situation. My wife used her maiden name to apply for appointment. But I guess this shouldn't be a problem provided that all relevant documents and the Lawyer's verification is positive. Also, adopting the hubby's surname is a matter of agreement between couples and not compulsory. But the experts in the house can shed light this issue, my conclusions are based on assumptions.

From what i learnt from others, since she has applied with her maiden name she would go to the interview with her passport and all necessary document and if she has done her change of name the consulate would mail her afterwards (mostly its after document verification) to submit a new passport in her new(husband) name
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Parko(m): 6:28am On Jan 18, 2020
ztob:

I made a trip to Ghana and I'm at the verge of processing my Ghana resident permit, but then a friend that works at Ghana's German Embassy told me that they would reject a resident permit that is younger than 6 months old. How did you bypass this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (188) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.