Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? (3596 Views)

Pictures From The Wedding Event Of Nigeria Man That Married 3 Wives (see Photo) / Can You Cancel Your Wedding Because Of Menstrual Cramps? / Is It Too Late To Call Off The Wedding? (Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Genesiszero: 9:30am On Jan 04, 2019
Hello nairalanders, please help advice my cousin brother. I've been in this forum for quite a number
of times and i've seen people post their problems here and has gotten numerous solution from experienced people, so i thought i could share this here!

WARNING: might be a lengthy post!

My cousin has been in love with his girlfriend
for about 3years now, she was loving, caring, remorseful, respectful, intelligent, exposed and understandable girl. she's the dream girl that any guy could imagine and ever wanted! though she's from a rich background but has never used her superiority, class or exposure to downcast or contradict my cousin in any form.
My cousin in the other end is a working class guy with some enterpreneural investment as well, he's finacially stable and can carter for any finacial uprising. he's decent, tall, handsome, educated, learned and connected too!
Fast forward to 2months ago, he decided to take it to the next level(walking down the aisle with her),
few weeks down the line, our people went to her's and the introduction was made and the bride prise has been paid as well, he has performed all marital rites that is expected of him as it's recommended by the culture and traditon of where we come from. The white wedding is coming up in few weeks but a very big and gigantic problem eventually emerged recently, my cousin called me 2days ago and was telling me to advice him on what to do, my cousin has been living a low key life even right from our childhood days,
the latest trends doesn't freeks him, he's isolated(Not primitive), he's a gentle man always never wants unecessary attention for whatsoever
reason just like me too, but his fiancee was this classical hell of a girl who wants an elaborate wedding, a wedding that is so expensive and luxurious
to be the talk of the town, may be it's due to her background i guess but my cousing in the other end does not fansy such things, a wedding causing road blocks or unecessary commotion all in the name of getting married. Not that he could not afford the money or afford the expences, he earns from 190,000 - 230,000 monthly, i think finance is not the problem but a choice of prefernece and life style. i can remember some years back during our teenage years, he once told me that he wouldn't want more than 30 people in attendance for his wedding,
just his family, the girl's family and close friends and collegues. this might sound a bit funny huh? lol. The whole thing is now getting so serious as the girl insist
on her point of view of the wedding(classic and luxurous). he called me somtimes yesterday and was a kind of threatening to call off the wedding if the girl could not adhere to his perspectives and choice but she insist, i'm afraid guys, he's family knows about this, his parents know him even from childhood, this is his life!

As funny as this would sounds, its becoming very serious as the girl is not ready either. I tried explaining to him that
as a girl, she would like to impress her friends and collegues too, she'll want to have dignitries and other repuatble people in attendance, she even told him that she would foot the bills and cover the finances herself since he has done his responsibilties as a man, i think this is mormal for girls. i tried letting him know that its a thing that invloves two people, you and your fiancee and her voice and perspective must be considered too......

i've spoken enough, so please say your opinion on this and advise us on what to do on this, thanks!
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by LordIsaac(m): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2019
Marriage: the coming together of two compatible people. See how they cannot come to a compromise before they begin, how on earth do they ever think they will agree on anything later? Africans like stepping into problems that common sense and logic would have prevented and when the problems arise, they will start disturbing God and blaming "PDP".

7 Likes

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Genesiszero: 9:40am On Jan 04, 2019
LordIsaac:
Marriage: the coming together of two compatible people. See how they cannot come to a compromise before they begin, how on earth do they ever think they will agree on anything later? Africans like stepping into problems that common sense and logic would have prevented and when the problems arise, they will start disturbing God and blaming "PDP".

You're right my brother, its so hurtful that either of them could not back down for the other....its very unfortunate!
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 04, 2019
sad
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:48am On Jan 04, 2019
Tell your cousin to give his girl the wedding of her dreams since finance is not an issue. He should stop being insensitive to her. Wealthy people keep their connections by showing off, the wedding is another opportunity. If he truly loves his girl, he'll oblige her this one time, for heaven's sake, it's the biggest time of her life. Let him drop his principles for her just this time if not he'll regret it because 5 years down the line, this wouldn't have mattered at all.

12 Likes

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Darkseid(m): 9:52am On Jan 04, 2019
Same thing I've been telling my family and I hope my future wife can read it from here; there won't be more than 20 guests at my wedding and any two people wearing the same material in the name of asoebi would be bounced at the gate.

But on a serious note, I think your bro should give the lady what she wants, one day wedding won't kill him. He is probably introverted like me and having too many guests would make him uncomfortable but he should just try and manage. The lady might have been dreaming about that day all her life.

7 Likes

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by stone350(m): 9:53am On Jan 04, 2019
that man no go enjoy that marriage at all.. in a few years time the woman will be the one controlling and giving him orders.. if she can't respect this little wish of his then I don't think she will when they eventually marry undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Dshocker(m): 9:55am On Jan 04, 2019
Genesiszero:
Hello nairalanders, please help advice my cousin brother. I've been in this forum for quite a number
of times and i've seen people post their problems here and has gotten numerous solution from experienced people, so i thought i could share this here!

WARNING: might be a lengthy post!

My cousin has been in love with his girlfriend
for about 3years now, she was loving, caring, remorseful, respectful, intelligent, exposed and understandable girl. she's the dream girl that any guy could imagine and ever wanted! though she's from a rich background but has never used her superiority, class or exposure to downcast or contradict my cousin in any form.
My cousin in the other end is a working class guy with some enterpreneural investment as well, he's finacially stable and can carter for any finacial uprising. he's decent, tall, handsome, educated, learned and connected too!
Fast forward to 2months ago, he decided to take it to the next level(walking down the aisle with her),
few weeks down the line, our people went to her's and the introduction was made and the bride prise has been paid as well, he has performed all marital rites that is expected of him as it's recommended by the culture and traditon of where we come from. The white wedding is coming up in few weeks but a very big and gigantic problem eventually emerged recently, my cousin called me 2days ago and was telling me to advice him on what to do, my cousin has been living a low key life even right from our childhood days,
the latest trends doesn't freeks him, he's isolated(Not primitive), he's a gentle man always never wants unecessary attention for whatsoever
reason just like me too, but his fiancee was this classical hell of a girl who wants an elaborate wedding, a wedding that is so expensive and luxurious
to be the talk of the town, may be it's due to her background i guess but my cousing in the other end does not fansy such things, a wedding causing road blocks or unecessary commotion all in the name of getting married. Not that he could not afford the money or afford the expences, he earns from 190,000 - 230,000 monthly, i think finance is not the problem but a choice of prefernece and life style. i can remember some years back during our teenage years, he once told me that he wouldn't want more than 30 people in attendance for his wedding,
just his family, the girl's family and close friends and collegues. this might sound a bit funny huh? lol. The whole thing is now getting so serious as the girl insist
on her point of view of the wedding(classic and luxurous). he called me somtimes yesterday and was a kind of threatening to call off the wedding if the girl could not adhere to his perspectives and choice but she insist, i'm afraid guys, he's family knows about this, his parents know him even from childhood, this is his life!

As funny as this would sounds, its becoming very serious as the girl is not ready either. I tried explaining to him that
as a girl, she would like to impress her friends and collegues too, she'll want to have dignitries and other repuatble people in attendance, she even told him that she would foot the bills and cover the finances herself since he has done his responsibilties as a man, i think this is mormal for girls. i tried letting him know that its a thing that invloves two people, you and your fiancee and her voice and perspective must be considered too......

i've spoken enough, so please say your opinion on this and advise us on what to do on this, thanks!

This is not a problem in any way.
If your cousin wants to have a peaceful marriage,let him just do an elaborate wedding....After all,the wedding is just once in a life time.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Genesiszero: 10:03am On Jan 04, 2019
F22RAPTOR:
Tell your cousin to give his girl the wedding of her dreams since finance is not an issue. He should stop being insensitive to her. Wealthy people keep their connections by showing off, the wedding is another opportunity. If he truly loves his girl, he'll oblige her this one time, for heaven's sake, it's the biggest time of her life. Let him drop his principles for her just this time if not he'll regret it because 5 years down the line, this wouldn't have mattered at all.

Thanks a lot man, you're almost saying exactly what I said to him, since the expenses is not from you, why deny her her dream wedding.... Its common among the rich to show off.....this is another door for connection if I may say just as you've stated......I'll give him this points of yours too! Appreciate your advise..... Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Genesiszero: 10:08am On Jan 04, 2019
Darkseid:
Same thing I've been telling my family and I hope my future wife can read it from here; there won't be more than 20 guests at my wedding and any two people wearing the same material in the name of asoebi would be bounced at the gate.

But on a serious note, I think your bro should give the lady what she wants, one day wedding won't kill him. He is probably introverted like me and having too many guests would make him uncomfortable but he should just try and manage. The lady might have been dreaming about that day all her life.

He's also an intovert, It's just that his own is too much.... Staying in the company of this people makes him uncomfortable...... I'll try pleading with him to give her what she wants.....I think she need it so badly....... He loves her too! Thanks
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Genesiszero: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2019
stone350:
that man no go enjoy that marriage at all.. in a few years time the woman will be the one controlling and giving him orders.. if she can't respect this little wish of his then I don't think she will when they eventually marry undecided

The worst is that non if them is ready to back down for the other..... This the beginning if their problem if I may say..... Thanks for your comment
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by AryEmber(f): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2019
They should try and reach a common ground now, something like a not too big nor small wedding.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Tamarapetty(f): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2019
So at this point, none of them understands each other?? Little thing like this can even make them breakup?

Since she has all the quality he wants in a lady, he should go ahead with the type of wedding her parents want, afterall, didn't he know she was from such a family before dating her? Las las all the party go end one day. . This shouldn't be an issue sef, it might even turn out he'd be the one to enjoy it most.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:32am On Jan 04, 2019
Tamarapetty:
So at this point, none of them understands each other?? Little thing like this can even make them breakup?

Since she has all the quality he wants in a lady, he should go ahead with the type of wedding her parents want, afterall, didn't he know she was from such a family before dating her? Las las all the party go end one day. . This shouldn't be an issue sef, it might even turn out he'd be the one to enjoy it most.
gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2019
Buhari is a big fool!
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Genesiszero: 11:04am On Jan 04, 2019
Tamarapetty:

You may be right man....I thought of this too, the funny thing is that she was even ready to foot the bills herself...... I wonder why no one wants to concede defeat! Ego is guess

1 Like

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by anochuko01(m): 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2019
these are the type of things they both should have discussed and agreed upon b4 now

1 Like

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by jeff1607(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2019
LordIsaac:

not really

our parents were never compatible or should I say they didn't know what compatibility mean but their marriage lasted.

one has to play the fool or be humble for peace and tranquility.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by raphretle: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Guy I feel that has been brainwashed by her mother and guess what if you do this for her that's how she will continue to expect more...
Let the wedding go on as you have planned but not to impress somebody for an 8hour program...
Her family will continue to dictate for you if u give her this chance...
If she is not willing to cooperate...
I SUGGEST YOU FLEE..
PERIOD...

1 Like

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
Your friend does not understand the word COMPROMISE

Let him end things with her, another guy will come give her her dream wedding while he will regret for the rest of his life.

Good ladies are scarce BRO.

1 Like

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by ecstasy357(m): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2019
LordIsaac:

This is what my people would call, " hitting d nail on d head."

Bro, you r wise. Op listen adhere to wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by ecstasy357(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2019
Dshocker:

If your cousin wants to have a peaceful marriage,let him just do an elaborate wedding....After all,the wedding is just once in a life time.

This is how d man will start to loose his voice.

@op, Love is all bout sacrifice, understanding and some other things too... Let dem find a common ground.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Rextizzle(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Fyi0:
Buhari is a big fool!
Take your stupidity out of this thread
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
Shebi she wants to pay let her pay. Reminds me of my elder bro. He was looking for 3m for a business . My mum said he should save she had no free money. Bt when he gave his gf belle and wanted a small rushed wedding. My mum said never well she spent over 2.5m on the wedding.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by oneolajire(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2019
It is not even the wedding-a one day event, it is about marriage- a life time thing.
It depends on how the girl make her demand for "celebrity" wedding and what she want to achieve. By the way, the marriage can only be successful if the girl is not lousy. She will need to keep a low lifestyle
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Headlesschicken(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
undecided If she's ready to foot d remaining bills,then i don't see d problem,buh i do wonder if dix two people v been dating at all....
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by patinokeen: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by baralatie(m): 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
Dshocker:

and what happens if she wants the spirit of big flashing wedding translated into flashy marriage
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by baralatie(m): 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
Headlesschicken:
undecided If she's ready to foot d remaining bills,then i don't see d problem,buh i do wonder if dix two people v been dating at all....
I don't think there was a dating at all
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by baralatie(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2019
my question is how did a guy who likes a low key life get to the point of saying to an owanbe woman "I wanna marry you"

2 Likes

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Kingbones(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2019
Fyi0:
Buhari is a big fool!
Try get sense na...how buhari take relate to this matter
Meanwhile you care for some cheesy grin

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding Because Of This??? by Endowed595(m): 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2019
First of all.
1. In a marriage if only one were to compromise, who should it be? The man or the woman
2. Does she need to use a marriage between she and the guy to show off to her people?

I totally get the guy cause am an introvert, who also doesn't want a wedding with more than 50 people. But at the same time marriage and weddings is a big thing for women.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Cries Bitterly After Her Boyfriend Of 2yrs Notify Her Of Getting Married / Don Jazzy Is Truly Impotent. Here Is Why! / Share Your "Its A Small World" Unforgettable Moments And Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.