Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts (3352 Views)

The Hookup Culture In Nigeria Is So Bad That Even Working 9-5 Babes Engage In It / Ever Bleep A Pussy And It Stinks So Bad That You Want To Puke / "I Feel Bad For Men Who Have Never Date Non-Nigerian Ladies" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
Sorry about posting this in the weong section.

Hi nairalanders...I'm a 500 level student of a very prestigious federal University in the eastern part of the country..

Currently I possess a strong 2.1 which is actually the highest in my department. This grade makes me their best student as it stands,and by God's grace I will likely emerge as the best graduating student of the department.

But the problem here is that I am not in any way happy with myself considering the fact that I won't make a first class.It really hurts badly whenever I think about it.

Come to think of it,I was the top student in my secondary school(a government school).I attended almost all the competitions (cowbell, Maths Olympiad,Stan exam,Man exam,NNPC and other local competitions).I was awarded a merit award at a point in time by the state government.I came out top on merit list with the highest cutoff mark in my department.Graduating with a first class could have been the best way to crown all of this achievements.

And the simplest reason why I failed on that quest of making a first-class started right from my first year in school down to my fourth year(first semester)..I realised in my fourth year( second semester )that I have been making errors in my answer sheets when it comes to school courses.
For instance,I could give answers to about two or three questions on a section that should only have one answer(specifically for one lecturer to mark and record the score).In essence,I will end up answering all questions in just two or three pages(and this is very wrong). The consequence is that the different lecturers that are to mark my script will surely find it difficult and frustrating to mark and record my answer script fairly.

Secondly,I don't specify the Question numbers I answered. For instance,there's usually a column(in the front page of the answer booklet) where the student writes out the question numbers he gave answers to.So you're expected to write out the question numbers you gave answers to before submitting your answer booklet.You will make it easy for the lecturers to mark your script.

Those are just the two costly mistakes I made as student asides the fact that I started out poorly tho in my first year (2.1 CGPA in my first year).It was during my 400 level second semester I thought about my predicament. I found out that I usually have all A's in my departmentals(few answer booklets to mark by the lecturers involved in those courses offered in my department).But the school courses/faculty courses usually comes with B OR C and sometimes D(This is because there are about thousands of script to be marked by a lecturer, So that particular lecturer will surely find my script so annoying and frustrating).
Alas,this realisation came in a sad note.

Mind you I got the conviction about the errors I made after speaking with my class adviser.He told me I had all A's I.e 5.0 in my last semester's result.(This sentences added here are modified)

I feel so bad about the fact that I will tell someone that I am the best graduating student but not with a first class grade.It really hurt me deeply.

You may want to know my CGPA but believe me there's no gain saying it cos there is no miracle that can take it to first-class.
To the freshmen out there,make sure to learn from my mistake.

I feel like pouring out my heart cos I feel frustrated each time I think of it.
To any graduate out there who is in this shoe am about to be in,should please tell me how it feels to be the best graduating student but not with a first-class??

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Cownu: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
If you’re so hungry for a first class.
Then finish your first degree and then start another degree and get first class

25 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
pqr
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by pythonkid(m): 10:03pm On Jan 04, 2019
You just came here to brag, we should fry hot water for you now abi. Rubbish !

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by raphretle: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
Which do you Prefer " :Death certificate or First Class Written on ur certificate
First Class Now Na on top paper them write am ooo...
First Class Na just name now ooo

First Class no dey give job again now oo

Just Chill ko and thank God for what you have...

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2019
After service I don't think your grade will bother you again.i really love this country , they make you think certificate is ultimate but after service you will realise you missed precious time you could have used to acquire a skill.

9 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Newboss(m): 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2019
Dude, go and make money grin That's the only first class on earth grin

See his mouth like when I tell someone, who cares? grin All those competition you list for there some of us pack medals for there grin They dey wall dey gather rust grin Even the first class dey there grin

Show us your Benz or just delete this post grin

6 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by tobechi74: 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2019
seeking advice from people without first class

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2019
pythonkid:
The way I see it, you're spot on!
Really needless post!
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by babyfaceafrica: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2019
so what?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by kazyhm(m): 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
Lol dude you're very very funny walahi

The two errors you pointed our are so lame and pointless

Which lecturer have the time to be deducting marks for not writing answered questions' number on the cover page ?

You probably answers questions off point if you first errors is true but then I doubt you closeness to first class if you're having Es, Ds and Cs grades

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by sukerefakere(m): 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2019
Work harder bro....
Buhari
Dino melaye
Adeleke
And 97% of your leaders never graduated with first class

Use your head

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
pythonkid:

No Bragging Bro
Can you suggest to me a better way to free my anxiety??
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2019
vingeophysicist:
After service I don't think your grade will bother you again.i really love this country , they make you think certificate is ultimate but after service you will realise you missed precious time you could have used to acquire a skill.

Hmm.Certificate isn't ultimate I understand.
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by pythonkid(m): 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2019
TheGenius001:

No Bragging Bro

Dude even ur Monika says so, you're just a troll and I don't like talking to 1

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2019
kazyhm:
Lol dude you're very very funny walahi

The two errors you pointed our are so lame and pointless

Which lecturer have the time to be deducting marks for not writing answered questions' number on the cover page ?

You probably answers questions off point if you first errors is true but then I doubt you closeness to first class if you're having Es, Ds and Cs grades

Thanks for your observation. I never mentioned that a lecturer deducts mark for not writing the answered questions' number on the cover page.Not indicating such makes it more chaotic for a lecturer who is handling so many scripts (like a thousand or more).The lecturer briefly goes through the column to find out if the student actually attempted his own question.If so,he quickly opens to the page in which the student gave answer to his question easily and give his mark and record.

If reverse is the case,the lecturer may not have all the time in the world to start looking for the particular page in which you answered his question.. By so doing,he may likely skip your script and pass the script to another lecturer. He may find it difficult to also mark your answer when you answered his own question and another lecturer's question on just one page.

Mind you on few occasions have I had the D's.(like one or two in the school courses and it really pulled my GP)
I also have never had an E or an F.
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by kazyhm(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2019
TheGenius001:

Thanks for your observation. I never mentioned that a lecturer deducts mark for not writing the answered questions' number on the cover page.Not indicating such makes it more chaotic for a lecturer who is handling so many scripts (like a thousand or more).The lecturer briefly goes through the column to find out if the student actually attempted his own question.If so,he quickly opens to the page in which the student gave answer to his question easily and give his mark and record.

If reverse is the case,the lecturer may not have all the time in the world to start looking for the particular page in which you answered his question.. By so doing,he may likely skip your script and pass the script to another lecturer. He may find it difficult to also mark your answer when you answered his own question and another lecturer's question on just one page.

Mind you on few occasions have I had the D's.(like one or two in the school courses and it really pulled my GP)
I also have never had an E or an F.

OK. And no provision for calling for remark in your school if you think you're underscored in a case a lecturer skip your answers ?

Your GP not CGPA
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 12:43am On Jan 05, 2019
kazyhm:

OK. And no provision for calling for remark in your school if you think you're underscored in a case a lecturer skip your answers ?

Your GP not CGPA

Lols,Applying for a remark(especially for a school/faculty course) is just like chasing the wind.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 12:51am On Jan 05, 2019
pythonkid:

Dude even ur Monika says so, you're just a troll and I don't like talking to 1

Its OK..Thanks anyways
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 05, 2019
TheGenius001:

Hi nairalanders...I'm a 500 level student of a very prestigious federal University in the eastern part of the country..

Currently I possess a strong 2.1 which is actually the highest in my department. This grade makes me their best student as it stands,and by God's grace I will likely emerge as the best graduating student of the department.

But the problem here is that I am not in any way happy with myself considering the fact that I won't make a first class.It really hurts badly whenever I think about it.

Come to think of it,I was the top student in my secondary school(a government school).I attended almost all the competitions (cowbell, Maths Olympiad,Stan exam,Man exam,NNPC and other local competitions).I was awarded a merit award at a point in time by the state government.I came out top on merit list with the highest cutoff mark in my department.Graduating with a first class could have been the best way to crown all of this achievements.

And the simplest reason why I failed on that quest of making a first-class started right from my first year in school down to my fourth year(first semester)..I realised in my fourth year( second semester )that I have been making errors in my answer sheets when it comes to school courses.
For instance,I could give answers to about two or three questions on a section that should only have one answer(specifically for one lecturer to mark and record the score).In essence,I will end up answering all questions in just two or three pages(and this is very wrong). The consequence is that the different lecturers that are to mark my script will surely find it difficult and frustrating to mark and record my answer script fairly.

Secondly,I don't specify the Question numbers I answered. For instance,there's usually a column(in the front page of the answer booklet) where the student writes out the question numbers he gave answers to.So you're expected to write out the question numbers you gave answers to before submitting your answer booklet.You will make it easy for the lecturers to mark your script.

Those are just the two costly mistakes I made as student asides the fact that I started out poorly tho in my first year (2.1 CGPA in my first year).It was during my 400 level second semester I thought about my predicament. I found out that I usually have all A's in my departmentals(few answer booklets to mark by the lecturers involved in those courses offered in my department).But the school courses/faculty courses usually comes with B OR C and sometimes D(This is because there are about thousands of script to be marked by a lecturer, So that particular lecturer will surely find my script so annoying and frustrating).

Mind you I got the conviction about the errors I made after speaking with my class adviser.He told me I had all A's I.e 5.0 in my last semester's result.(This sentences added here are modified)

I feel so bad about the fact that I will tell someone that I am the best graduating student but not with a first class grade.It really hurt me deeply.

You may want to know my CGPA but believe me there's no gain saying it cos there is no miracle that can take it to first-class.

To any graduate out there who is in this shoe am about to be in,should please tell me how it feels to be the best graduating student but not with a first-class??
BRACE UP, Don’t KILL yourself after all PMB does not have WAEC, rather he was honored with it, yet he is your president.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 1:48am On Jan 05, 2019
EVILFOREST:

BRACE UP, Don’t KILL yourself after all PMB does not have WAEC, rather he was honored with it, yet he is your president.

Thanks a lot
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by peteruuu(m): 1:53am On Jan 05, 2019
TheGenius001:

In everything, give thanks bro. God will make a way for you. Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by tzoracle: 2:23am On Jan 05, 2019
First class my brother IMO is really overrated, I myself would probably be one (was to do defence before strike started). Everyone expects a lot from you unlike a 2.1 graduate. Now couple that with the fact that you're the best graduating student of your department in a fed university, a document you can proudly attach to your CV is also a game changer. As a first-class graduate someone's best would be considered as your starting point but you with that 2.1 would not be stereotyped and would have an opportunity to actually wow them, besides here in Nigeria first class is only a test of our memory and not what we can actually offer on ground.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Paxie55: 2:38am On Jan 05, 2019
TheGenius001:

No Bragging Bro
Sorry dear, I understand how you feel.
It's lack of information, you never had team work.

Team work oriented directs alot, it helps.
But you didn't care to know from even the least person in your class and you were full of yourself.
In my 400level, the totality of my gp was 4.45, I needed the first class badly too, I sort for informations and it helped me coupled with prayers in 500level.
God answered.
So, lemme ask You, are you guys done with your exams?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Ishilove: 3:10am On Jan 05, 2019
I hope you learned your lesson. Nigerians don't know how to read simple instructions. What stopped you from reading the instructions on your exam sheet before proceeding?

ITK is your problem. Puma on wheels. 'Overfombul'.

Anyway sha, finish and get a job. That's the koko

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 3:23am On Jan 05, 2019
you are just bragging.

pythonkid:
You just came here to brag,! we should fry hot water for you now abi. Rubbish !
that's all he does in the post. he tries to make it seem like he's not bragging, but it's very obvious.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 3:32am On Jan 05, 2019
Paxie55:

Sorry dear, I understand how you feel.
It's lack of information, you never had team work.

Team work oriented directs alot, it helps.
But you didn't care to know from even the least person in your class and you were full of yourself.
In my 400level, the totality of my gp was 4.45, I needed the first class badly too, I sort for informations and it helped me couples with prayers in 500level.
God answered.
So, lemme ask You, are you guys done with your exams?

I have always been humble when it comes to studies.I learn even from the least person in class.And they are so amazing. I always have one or two things to learn from them..I'm not full of myself like you said.

They make me conduct TUTORIALS for them,and I selflessly do it; not because I'm full of myself but because I want to be of help the best way I can and I stand to gain a lot too.

We're done with our exams.Thanks
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by TheGenius001: 3:38am On Jan 05, 2019
SixDividedByTwo:
that's all he does in the post. he tries to make it seem like he's not bragging, but it's very obvious.

Only if you know how it feels,you will stop this bragging of a thing..

I feel bad and I find it a better option to pour out my heart here.Hopefully I might get something soothing and cajoling.
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by CodeBlooded: 3:55am On Jan 05, 2019
sukerefakere:
Work harder bro....
Buhari
Dino melaye
Adeleke
And 97% of your leaders never graduated with first class

Use your head
Pls who are the 3% that finished with first class among them. I want to check something

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by CodeBlooded: 4:01am On Jan 05, 2019
Well, bro think about those that made it but are not more on earth. Makes me remember a scenario of the best graduating student of electrical engineering that pass a way few days to graduation. The school didn’t even give a one minute silence for her on the convation day. We just bother ourselves with things that don’t matter.

I hope life is fair to you in days to come bro.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Paxie55: 5:11am On Jan 05, 2019
TheGenius001:

I have always been humble when it comes to studies.I learn even from the least person in class.And they are so amazing. I always have one or two things to learn from them..I'm not full of myself like you said.

They make me conduct TUTORIALS for them,and I selflessly do it; not because I'm full of myself but because I want to be of help the best way I can and I stand to gain a lot too.

We're done with our exams.Thanks
You just have to work hard, not all first class graduates are rich or more educated.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by anochuko01(m): 6:40am On Jan 05, 2019
thunder fire school

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Any One Know The Best Cure For Premature Ejaculation / My Borfriend Dulceives Me / Making Her Pay For Her Own Meals And Transport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.