Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts (3363 Views)

The Hookup Culture In Nigeria Is So Bad That Even Working 9-5 Babes Engage In It / Ever Bleep A Pussy And It Stinks So Bad That You Want To Puke / "I Feel Bad For Men Who Have Never Date Non-Nigerian Ladies" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by News101: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2019
And so what?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by sukerefakere(m): 7:07am On Jan 05, 2019
CodeBlooded:

Pls who are the 3% that finished with first class among them. I want to check something
okay 99.89%
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by queenfav(f): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2019
vingeophysicist:
After service I don't think your grade will bother you again.i really love this country , they make you think certificate is ultimate but after service you will realise you missed precious time you could have used to acquire a skill.
lol.. Very correct!
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 05, 2019
queenfav:
lol.. Very correct!
yeah I am speaking from experience. He thought he is the only person that graduated well in his school. I am a typical example, sometimes I regret why I channel so much energy in school then. If I had started this programming long time ago I would have started my own tech company.
Nigeria don't value education !!

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by GiantParrot(m): 8:25am On Jan 05, 2019
You'll be alright. The bad feeling will pass.

I graduated with first class honours in 2010. 9 years on, I can tell you that my graduation grade does not come up in any important discussion. Your graduation grade neither validates or invalidates your qualities as a person. It is only an imperfect measure of your academic performance for 4 or 5 years. The important question going forward is: what can you bring to the table? If you believe you have what it takes to do well in life, then go out there and kick ass. Do not dwell too much on this temporary setback.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Beila: 8:41am On Jan 05, 2019
Hello brother, your happiness should not be based satisfying what people think/expect from you. If you have done your best and also recognized your mistakes, you shouldn't be sad or ashamed of it. Your grade is based on your best effort (and mistakes), be proud of yourself. Don't live in the prison of what people think about you. You will be alright!
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by marvin906(m): 8:48am On Jan 05, 2019
Funny post..
Your killing yourself over this..
If you know my result when I graduated you Will be shocked your result pass first class for where my own dey.. buh my happiness and Destiny is not and can never be tied down to a piece of paper.. have discovered that they are a million ways to become successful in life and that piece of paper is just one way out of so many buh is still nice to have a good grade

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by FuckAuntySpam(f): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2019
There was a day I stumbled upon a thread here, association of unemployed first class graduates, I was beyond shocked. I even saw Nigerians that graduated with first class from foreign Universities on the thread but are unemployed. Pray for grace man.

I'm not sure of this but I don't think the richest men in the world graduated with first class. Some even dropped out of school and eventually made it. Pray for grace, that's if you're a believer, if you're not, good luck to you in your future endeavors. The future is bright.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2019
FuckAuntySpam:
There was a day I stumbled upon a thread here, association of unemployed first class graduates, I was beyond shocked. I even saw Nigerians that graduated with first class from foreign Universities on the thread but are unemployed. Pray for grace man.

I'm not sure of this but I don't think the richest men in the world graduated with first class. Some even dropped out of school and eventually made it. Pray for grace, that's if you're a believer, if you're not, good luck to you in your future endeavors. The future is bright.
Those who school abroad, should Work abroad. it's simple Logic undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by FuckAuntySpam(f): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2019
LordSaints:
Those who school abroad, should Work abroad. it's simple Logic undecided
it's simple logic to also know that once you're through with your study and your D/S expires, you become an illegal immigrant in a foreign land if they do not extend your stay angry
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 05, 2019
FuckAuntySpam:
it's simple logic to also know that once you're through with your study and your D/S expires, you become an illegal immigrant in a foreign land if they do not extend your stay angry
well that is not my concerns

1 Like

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Beneh(m): 10:43am On Jan 05, 2019
Always read instructions,before answering questions,no let overconfidence enter
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by shege45: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2019
kazyhm:
Lol dude you're very very funny walahi

The two errors you pointed our are so lame and pointless

Which lecturer have the time to be deducting marks for not writing answered questions' number on the cover page ?

You probably answers questions off point if you first errors is true but then I doubt you closeness to first class if you're having Es, Ds and Cs grades
i swear
C na failure for 1st class students
Dem no dey go pass dat one
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 07, 2019
There was no first class in my department too, though I'm not the best graduating student there but I'm among the top 10. So my dear, try as much as possible to write professional exams to boost your certificate, so far you are not in second class lower, you are good to go. This naija is all about connection, third class will even get a job in CBN before first class.
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Paxie55: 8:04am On Jan 07, 2019
Valerie47:
There was no first class in my department too, though I'm not the best graduating student there but I'm among the top 10. So my dear, try as much as possible to write professional exams to boost your certificate, so far you are not in second class lower, you are good to go. This naija is all about connection, third class will even get a job in CBN before first class.
Thank you.
Let him know. grin
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2019
Paxie55:
Thank you. Let him know. grin
The guy no know whatsup.
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Paxie55: 8:08am On Jan 07, 2019
Valerie47:
The guy no know whatsup.
grin
Na naija we deh.
He should be thankful, his 2:1 grade is cool, he must notmake 4.99 before becoming a millionaire or before he can make his mum proud.
The first class guy in my dept is still serving lectures that came out with 2:2 while his mates are buying cars and building houses.
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 07, 2019
Paxie55:

grin
Na naija we deh.
He should be thankful, his 2:1 grade is cool, he must notmake 4.99 before becoming a millionaire or before he can make his mum proud.
The first class guy in my dept is still serving lectures that came out with 2:2 while his mates are buying cars and building houses.
Its good to have good grades o but then good grades don't equate to success in life. I'm more bothered about having connections than all these ones he is saying.
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Paxie55: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2019
Valerie47:
Its good to have good grades o but then good grades don't equate to success in life. I'm more bothered about having connections than all these ones he is saying.
Lolz. Na that connection I want sef.
Not all these ones. grin grin
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by oliverano: 2:30pm On Jan 11, 2019
TheGenius001:
Sorry about posting this in the weong section.

Hi nairalanders...I'm a 500 level student of a very prestigious federal University in the eastern part of the country..

Currently I possess a strong 2.1 which is actually the highest in my department. This grade makes me their best student as it stands,and by God's grace I will likely emerge as the best graduating student of the department.

But the problem here is that I am not in any way happy with myself considering the fact that I won't make a first class.It really hurts badly whenever I think about it.

Come to think of it,I was the top student in my secondary school(a government school).I attended almost all the competitions (cowbell, Maths Olympiad,Stan exam,Man exam,NNPC and other local competitions).I was awarded a merit award at a point in time by the state government.I came out top on merit list with the highest cutoff mark in my department.Graduating with a first class could have been the best way to crown all of this achievements.

And the simplest reason why I failed on that quest of making a first-class started right from my first year in school down to my fourth year(first semester)..I realised in my fourth year( second semester )that I have been making errors in my answer sheets when it comes to school courses.
For instance,I could give answers to about two or three questions on a section that should only have one answer(specifically for one lecturer to mark and record the score).In essence,I will end up answering all questions in just two or three pages(and this is very wrong). The consequence is that the different lecturers that are to mark my script will surely find it difficult and frustrating to mark and record my answer script fairly.

Secondly,I don't specify the Question numbers I answered. For instance,there's usually a column(in the front page of the answer booklet) where the student writes out the question numbers he gave answers to.So you're expected to write out the question numbers you gave answers to before submitting your answer booklet.You will make it easy for the lecturers to mark your script.

Those are just the two costly mistakes I made as student asides the fact that I started out poorly tho in my first year (2.1 CGPA in my first year).It was during my 400 level second semester I thought about my predicament. I found out that I usually have all A's in my departmentals(few answer booklets to mark by the lecturers involved in those courses offered in my department).But the school courses/faculty courses usually comes with B OR C and sometimes D(This is because there are about thousands of script to be marked by a lecturer, So that particular lecturer will surely find my script so annoying and frustrating).
Alas,this realisation came in a sad note.

Mind you I got the conviction about the errors I made after speaking with my class adviser.He told me I had all A's I.e 5.0 in my last semester's result.(This sentences added here are modified)

I feel so bad about the fact that I will tell someone that I am the best graduating student but not with a first class grade.It really hurt me deeply.

You may want to know my CGPA but believe me there's no gain saying it cos there is no miracle that can take it to first-class.
To the freshmen out there,make sure to learn from my mistake.

I feel like pouring out my heart cos I feel frustrated each time I think of it.
To any graduate out there who is in this shoe am about to be in,should please tell me how it feels to be the best graduating student but not with a first-class??
This is just too lame for me. Excuses sound best to the person who's making them up. Stop Bullsh**ting man, you are far better!!!
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by DONADAMS(m): 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2019
first class in promiscuity or what? what is romantic here? why is it here? Wells that's by the way..there are lots of first class roaming the street looking for job...you should be sad about not having connection/long legs..adios!
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by irumole1975: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2019
Cownu:
If you’re so hungry for a first class.
Then finish your first degree and then start another degree and get first class

Yea

You are damn right.

Actually,I feel his pain
Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Hahjascho(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
I also feel for you @ OP.....take a deep thinking over 5 ways to be grateful for what you've achieved....it's already a past.....the most priceless thing to bring out of it is what LESSON has that taught you? .......did it pass any beneficial to you as you embark on the course of your journey?...... don't frustrate yourself on what you can't control but rather keep your focus and show tangible appreciation to gain inner peace of mind.....
So, set more even higher goals as you apply the LESSON gained.....

But why using wrong section?

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Bad That I Can't Make A First Class..it Really Hurts by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 20, 2019
Whoa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Was Seduced By A Sugar Momma / I Don't Know How To Move On From Her. / Making Her Pay For Her Own Meals And Transport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.