Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari (3289 Views)

Help!!!i Can't Woo A Woman At 24 / I Have Never Been Rejected By Any Girl Because Of This 150 Naira Charm. (photos) / I Kicked out My Girl Because Of This Reason. Did I Overreact? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2019
Good day nairalanders. First and foremost I'd like to apologize for the circumlocution in writeup below.

I'm a young dude in my early twenties still an undergraduate,my major challenge is not been able to socialize but i flow relatively well with people am used to even if it took me a while to build such amiable relationship with 'em so technically I think am an antisocial extrovert. I have a strong penchant for studying the dictionary for vocabularies and also watching American and British movies just to study their diction and how to use vocabularies. Now it has gotten to an extent where knowing too many vocabularies is turning into a menace to my personality because of this part of the world were we live,although I feel embarrassed most times when i speak to people predominantly the opposite sex because I know I use too many big words inordinately so i try as much as possible to curb it but to no avail instead it becomes even more unabated,i'd be trying to explain the ambiguous words I use for them because I could see the perplex look on their faces due to my verbosity. When I try to speak freely to my friends they feel I have the intent of ridiculing and disparaging their level of intelligence. Right now everyone who knows me treats me with contemptible flippancy because of my gross knowledge of big words. They even call me oversabi. So please how do I learn to speak plainly again?? It sounds funny but its a serious matter i need to look into,I'd appreciate your
Opinions.thanks in advance.

Ladies look at me like this when am throwing my complicated punchlines at them cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by LuciferKristi: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2019

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Abortions: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
Just speak pidgin tothem if u can't go to the nearest tailor to fix ur vocabulari. Simple

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Rextizzle(m): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2019
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Rextizzle(m): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2019
Speak your language if you can't speak English

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2019
Abortions:
Just speak pidgin tothem if u can't go to the nearest tailor to fix ur vocabulari. Simple
I was actually waiting for somebody like you to complete the vocabulari with the 'es' wink
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
Rextizzle:
Speak your language if you can't speak English
unfortunately we live in a diversified country if I resort to speaking my native language cool
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Cholls(m): 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
my brother e worse pass Patrick Obahiagbon own

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Davash222(m): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
You can’t be poor and also a nuisance to the society with your vocabulary. Girls don’t eat vocabulary.

16 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by XhosaNostra(f): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
I don't think they're intimidated by your "expansive vocabulary" per se, you're just coming across as a try-hard imo & that's not attractive at all. If you have such a vast wordpool as you claim, then you should be able to use simpler synonyms. It's not that difficult to do. All this use of unnecessary, bombastic words is obnoxious at best because not everyone "studies" the dictionary for words to use in everyday conversation. That's just ridiculous.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
Davash222:
You can’t be poor and also a nuisance to the society with your vocabulary. Girls don’t eat vocabulary.
I don't use the words deliberately brah
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Abortions: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
sanmtiago:
I was actually waiting for somebody like you to complete the vocabulari with the 'es' wink
Why go meet a tailor and stop waiting for someone like me. U go old
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Liliyann(f): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2019
Broke boy with high low self esteem!! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
Liliyann:
Broke boy with high low self esteem!! undecided
it's the internet,nobody knows anybody..so young lady or old lady which ever category you might fall in don't just call someone broke while you know nothing about them...think before you utter crude words. cool

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2019
Abortions:
Why go meet a tailor and stop waiting for someone like me. U go old
dude I'm not the cause of whatsoever ordeal you're passing through try not to transfer aggression to a pseudonym dumb African boy! cool
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2019
then use money toast them nau
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2019
Davash222:
I've encountered a lot of dumb people today I hope you're not one...dude I'm alive and that's enough reason to say am rich...think about it cool

7 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2019
lefulefu:
then use money toast them nau
I never said I'm looking for a LovePeddler my nigga! cool
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by raphretle: 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
the same way you learnt the vocabularies...

use the same process for simpler and easy to understand words...
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
sanmtiago:
I never said I'm looking for a LovePeddler my nigga! cool
use wat u have to get wat u want grin
no be so dem dey talk am cheesy
dem oshio baba and tinubu na money dem take get their wives cheesy
but then if u no wan use money then package urself cheesy
dress well and look nice.babes like guys who look nice.forget about grammer cheesy.
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
lefulefu:

use wat u have to get wat u want grin
no be so dem dey talk am cheesy
dem oshio baba and tinubu na money dem take get their wives cheesy
but then if u no wan use money then package urself cheesy
dress well and look nice.babes like guys who look nice.forget about grammer cheesy.
I dig your point brah.. cool

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Uniquetani1(f): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2019
always give them dictionary when speaking with them

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2019
sanmtiago:

We have the solution you're looking for. I have been in your shoes as well. I'll get back to you when I have some free time to spare. Happy new year.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Wuraola01(f): 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
sanmtiago:
I dig your point brah.. cool

@Op, you quite funny cheesy

Well, you alone can change things. Try to speak in lame man's language. From ur post, I kind of have the feeling you do it intentionally. smiley

My observation tho smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Davash222(m): 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2019
sanmtiago:
I've encountered a lot of dumb people today I hope you're not one...dude I'm alive and that's enough reason to say am rich...think about it cool
We have over a hundred and fifty million Nigerians alive today. You are not the only person alive, shut up and go and hustle. Don’t let your nonsense vocabulary deceive you .

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2019
Wuraola01:

Well, you alone can change things. Try to speak in lame man's language. From ur post, I kind of have the feeling you do it intentionally. smiley

lol I bet you read psyches wink understanding is the major key! Great observation cool
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
Davash222:

We have over a hundred and fifty million Nigerians alive today. You are not the only person alive, shut up and go and hustle. Don’t let your nonsense vocabulary deceive you .
why you still crying over a pseudonym's post?? Die na make you know say your hustle without God and common sense na nothing..African riffraff With limited thinking cool

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Wuraola01(f): 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2019
sanmtiago:
lol I bet you read psyches wink understanding is the major key! Great observation cool

smiley smiley
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Diamond23(f): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
sanmtiago:
Good day nairalanders. First and foremost I'd like to apologize for the circumlocution in writeup below.

I'm a young dude in my early twenties still an undergraduate,my major challenge is not been able to socialize but i flow relatively well with people am used to even if it took me a while to build such amiable relationship with 'em so technically I think am an antisocial extrovert. I have a strong penchant for studying the dictionary for vocabularies and also watching American and British movies just to study their diction and how to use vocabularies. Now it has gotten to an extent where knowing too many vocabularies is turning into a menace to my personality because of this part of the world were we live,although I feel embarrassed most times when i speak to people predominantly the opposite sex because I know I use too many big words inordinately so i try as much as possible to curb it but to no avail instead it becomes even more unabated,i'd be trying to explain the ambiguous words I use for them because I could see the perplex look on their faces due to my verbosity. When I try to speak freely to my friends they feel I have the intent of ridiculing and disparaging their level of intelligence. Right now everyone who knows me treats me with contemptible flippancy because of my gross knowledge of big words. They even call me oversabi. So please how do I learn to speak plainly again?? It sounds funny but its a serious matter i need to look into,I'd appreciate your
Opinions.thanks in advance.

Ladies look at me like this when am throwing my complicated punchlines at them cry

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by mrblessed(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
I surmise it is your "comprehensive" knowledge of the English language that is responsible for the refusal to obey punctuation rules. It is one thing to memorise high-sounding words to be used for show-off, while it is entirely another thing to understand the rules and conventions of the language. The latter, and not the former, depicts true and grounded learning. So much for possessing "excessive" vocabularies.
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Ranchhoddas: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2019
Jester!
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by mrblessed(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
Wuraola01:

Nope. The Op will never speak in "lame" man's language. I prefer a "blind" man's language.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Will You Feel If You're This Ugly Hater [Picture] / Why Do Women Love Being Treated Like Trash? / Is My Girlfriend Trying To Set Me Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.