Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,066 members, 7,825,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari (3288 Views)

Help!!!i Can't Woo A Woman At 24 / I Have Never Been Rejected By Any Girl Because Of This 150 Naira Charm. (photos) / I Kicked out My Girl Because Of This Reason. Did I Overreact? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Offpoint: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
What manner of buratashi is this?
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by earthsync(f): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2019
I don't have anything reasonable to say
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Wuraola01(f): 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
mrblessed:
Nope. The Op will never speak in "lame" man's language. I prefer a "blind" man's language.

grin grin Alright.
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Burgerlomo: 1:29am On Jan 06, 2019
Nah who U be if Prof. Wole Soyinka and Patrick Obahiagbon can get a wifey grin

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Mursz: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2019
XhosaNostra:
I don't think they're intimidated by your "expansive vocabulary" per se, you're just coming across as a try-hard imo & that's not attractive at all. If you have such a vast wordpool as you claim, then you should be able to use simpler synonyms. It's not that difficult to do. All this use of unnecessary, bombastic words is obnoxious at best because not everyone "studies" the dictionary for words to use in everyday conversation. That's just ridiculous.

Harley quinn! Someone after my heart. grin

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by akinwale701(m): 9:41am On Jan 06, 2019
sanmtiago:
Good day nairalanders. First and foremost I'd like to apologize for the circumlocution in writeup below.

I'm a young dude in my early twenties still an undergraduate,my major challenge is not been able to socialize but i flow relatively well with people am used to even if it took me a while to build such amiable relationship with 'em so technically I think am an antisocial extrovert. I have a strong penchant for studying the dictionary for vocabularies and also watching American and British movies just to study their diction and how to use vocabularies. Now it has gotten to an extent where knowing too many vocabularies is turning into a menace to my personality because of this part of the world were we live,although I feel embarrassed most times when i speak to people predominantly the opposite sex because I know I use too many big words inordinately so i try as much as possible to curb it but to no avail instead it becomes even more unabated,i'd be trying to explain the ambiguous words I use for them because I could see the perplex look on their faces due to my verbosity. When I try to speak freely to my friends they feel I have the intent of ridiculing and disparaging their level of intelligence. Right now everyone who knows me treats me with contemptible flippancy because of my gross knowledge of big words. They even call me oversabi. So please how do I learn to speak plainly again?? It sounds funny but its a serious matter i need to look into,I'd appreciate your
Opinions.thanks in advance.

Ladies look at me like this when am throwing my complicated punchlines at them cry

I was waiting for something supercalifragilisticexpialidocious before but having gone through this write up, I can categorically tell you that this is nothing but floccinaucinihilipilificating shit which needs to be outrightly pooh-poohed immediately by every compos mentis homo sapiens! Good morning to you everyone.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by sanmtiago(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2019
akinwale701:

I was waiting for something supercalifragilisticexpialidocious before but having gone through this write up, I can categorically tell you that this is nothing but floccinaucinihilipilificating shit which needs to be outrightly pooh-poohed immediately by every compos mentis homo sapiens! Good morning to you everyone.
abeg I tire well well forgive me na me find trouble

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by ROYALGERM: 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
I was once like you in my communication style, @sanmtiago, but changed when I realised the power in brevity, and that the essence of communication is understanding.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by KingzleyTLB(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2019
yawns..... too much " vocabulari" indeed from the king of vocabulary.....go talk to them with those small words you used in writing your post.

#no hard feelings bro...
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Timagex(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
Liliyann:
Broke boy with high low self esteem!! undecided
which one is high low self esteem again? shocked grin cheesy wink
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by castro316: 2:46am On Mar 16, 2019
OP. Simple words that send abig msg will save you a lot of stress. However try being a listener than a talker cos ladies really don't get serious with guys who talk too much
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by stuffs4me(m): 5:19am On Mar 16, 2019
XhosaNostra:
I don't think they're intimidated by your "expansive vocabulary" per se, you're just coming across as a try-hard imo & that's not attractive at all. If you have such a vast wordpool as you claim, then you should be able to use simpler synonyms. It's not that difficult to do. All this use of unnecessary, bombastic words is obnoxious at best because not everyone "studies" the dictionary for words to use in everyday conversation. That's just ridiculous.

If the mumu OP had any sense he would read this post and follow Tue advice.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:59am On Mar 16, 2019
So use a an ambiguous vocabulary thats actually a complement, and ask her are you a ...... (input the vocabulary ) and she asks you whats that tell her it means this ( obviously something nice about her).
Even with your vocabularies have fun with it, infact you could tell the girl from the beginning ive been known to use big grammar infact girls run away from me, are you strong enough.
Just play around it and be charming not serious.
Re: I Can't Woo A Girl Because Of My Uncontrollable Way Of Using Too Much Vocabulari by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 16, 2019
castro316:
OP. Simple words that send abig msg will save you a lot of stress. However try being a listener than a talker cos ladies really don't get serious with guys who talk too much
that is it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Using A Condom Is A Sign Of Lack Of Trust / Pls Guys What's The Meaning Of This / See the kind of guns found at Cubana's party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.