Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation (12935 Views)

Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi's Son Confesses About His Salvation / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 7:56am On Jan 06, 2019
Many people do not know that the concept of losing one's salvation is a modern invention and that before it came to be, no one believed in losing salvation. The sad part is that people now uphold this false doctrine over eternal security because it is propagated by the Pentecostal Churches who are heavily rich with much influence.

The doctrine of losing salvation emerged in the 20th century which was when Pentecostal Church movement started. Before then no one believed they could lose their salvation. The Baptists which existed as far back as 1600s always and still teach Once Saved Always Saved or Eternal Security. Even before Pentecostalism began in the world, Baptists were already in Nigeria in 1850 spreading the true gospel which is good news without any iota of bad news. Now imagine that time compared to 1970 when Pentecostalism began in Nigeria. Yet, people believe this newcomers and their doctrine of losing salvation is the truth while eternal security which has been right from the time of the aoostles is false.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

By their fruit ye shall know them. Why do you think Pentecostal churches are filled with all sort of jokes? People shouting and screaming amen as if God is dead. They speak gibberish while claiming it is speaking in tongues, when we all know that speaking in tongue is simply speaking in another earthly language. Everything that goes on in such churches are just all about the flesh. They love to tickle the flesh while the spirit is ignored because they lack the spirit of God. That explains why they instrumentalist silently plays the keyboard while the pastor is preaching just to stir up emotions. And when the pastor makes a point and the people shout amen, the drummer raises his drum to the loudest. It is all to pander to the flesh and emotions. That's why they have beautifully decorated altars with purple lights like night clubs to make you feel relax. When it comes to the preaching, it is just about how you can make it in life, how to have prosperity, how God is going to bless you with a new job and house etc. They are just all about money and whatever brings in the money. Take a look at all the pastors and churches bringing shame to Christianity in Nigeria alone they are all Pentecostal and Charismatic. The private jet owners who are billionaires when Jesus himself said it will be difficult for a rich man to make heaven. They are the ones with divorced records. It is their members you see rolling in the mud during campaign for their church program. They are the same people who misuse the tithe money and gave made the doctrine seem like a false doctrine. Those are just a bit of their fruits.Yet people believe they will get it right concerning salvation.

When last have you heard noise from the Baptist Churches? When last did you hear something horrible about them?

Now, let's see if Demas and Judas lost their salvation before we examine those verses which people misquote to claim one can lose his salvation. Such lack the spirit of God that's why they misquote those verse because it is the spirit that helps to discern the word of God.

2 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them , because they are spiritually discerned.

Now did Demas lose his salvation? They quickly quote the below verse to prove such.

2 Timothy 4:10
For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

These people are not only spiritually blind but also act like illiterates. Did the verse say Drama departed from the Faith? No, it only says he departed from Paul just as Titus and Crescens. Or is Paul now Jesus Christ or the faith? The verse doesn't say he departed from the faith, it only says he left Paul. And there's a reason why he left Paul. The reason is because he "loved this present world", a phrase these people have also misunderstood. Do you know how risky if is moving about with Paul? Paul was always getting locked, stoned, flogged etc. Even when it was prophesied that he was going to be killed in Jerusalem, he still went there. Demas didn't want to die soon because he still loved this world meaning he still loved his life. He knew moving with Paul would mean an end to his time in this world which he didn't want. If I tell you to go and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ in Mecca Saudi Arabia just as Paul preached in a pagan temple, would you go? No you won't because you know the consequence of doing so is death. You don't want to die which means you still love this world. If Demas lost his salvation, how come he is listed as part of Paul's fellow labourers?

Philemon 1:24
Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellowlabourers.

The proponents of this counterfeit gospel love to use Judas Iscariot as an example that one can lose his salvation. But was Judas Iscariot ever saved? Let the Bible enlighten us on that. First of all, what is the criteria for having everlasting life? It is the believe in Jesus.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Remember what Paul and Silas told that prison keeper when he asked what he could do to be saved.

Acts 16:30-31
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

As seen above, the only way to be saved is by believing in Jesus as the saviour. Now, did Judas Iscariot believe in Jesus? No he didn't and wasn't the only disciple of Jesus who didn't believe in him (hope you know Jesus had other disciples asides the 12). Read the below passage to see how Jesus pointed them out including Judas Iscariot.

John 6:53-71
53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

As seen in verse 64, Jesus knew those disciples of his that believed not in him and the one who will betray him. In verse 65, many of such disciples left him and went their way because they didn't believe in him. This made Jesus to ask his special 12 disciples if they were also going to leave him.

John 6:67-71
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Notice how Peter answered saying that they are staying with Jesus because they believe he has the words of
ETERNAL LIFE and that they BELIEVE he is Christ the Son of God. Remember how John 3:16 said those who believe in Jesus have eternal life.

In Peter's mind all the 12 disciples believed in Jesus, but it wasn't so in the eyes of Jesus who knew one of them didn't believe in him. See what he said below.

Clearly, Judas was never ever saved because he didn't believe in Jesus and he also was a devil as described by Jesus himself. So, for someone to sit somewhere and say Judas lost his salvation is the height of deceit.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 8:00am On Jan 06, 2019
2 Peter 2:20-22
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

The above is another darling passage they love to quote. They forget that the passage only spoke of having the knowledge of Jesus Christ, not that they accepted him. This clearly speaks of atheist who know all about Jesus Christ but rejected him and went back to their unbelief like a dog who goes back to his vomit. Verse 22 days they are still dog and sow (female pig). They never changed even after the knowledge of God. They didn't put on the new man.

Hebrews 6:4-8
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

They clearly do not understand the passage above. The passage is not talking about those who have accepted Christ. It is talking about those who have tasted or are in the process of accepting Christ but rejected it.
If it was talking about those who have accepted Christ and went back as you are insinuating, then it even kicks against their belief. Do you believe one can return to God after losing his salvation? I believe you do. So, if you say the passage is about people losing their salvation, then how come it says it is impossible for such people to be renewed into Christ again? According to their usage of the passage, once you return to sin after accepting Jesus, then you can never be saved again.

Do you now see how they got the passage wrong?

Philippians 2:12-13
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

When you go to the gym, what do you say you are doing? You say you are working out your muscles. Working it out means you already have it but you just want it to be more pronounced so you work it out. God put muscles in you when he created you. But because you want to look like a body builder, you decided to work it out by hitting the gym.
Same thing with salvation. God has put salvation in you and wants you to make it pronounced by working it out i.e showing it off to the world. This will make others also get attracted to want to have a change of heart and follow God too, same way your friends will be motivated to hit the gym just to look awesome when they see your good looks.

Now go back and read the passage to see how it clearly fits my explanation.

Ephesians 2:9-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by LordIsaac(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2019
Heresy....!!! Scripture says whosoever puts his hand on the plough and looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 8:14am On Jan 06, 2019
LordIsaac:
Heresy....!!! Scripture says whosoever puts his hand on the plough and looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God.
He looked back because he didn't believe in the kingdom. It is the same thing as hearing the world of God and rejecting it just as atheists do and just as you are doing now. You have heard the Good News that Christ wants to save you once and for all eternity, yet you rejected it and chose to save yourself by trying not to sin. You have rejected Christ's finished work on the cross and have opted to depend on yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:52am On Jan 06, 2019
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by oxladexo(m): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2019
*Examining.
I wonder how posts with grammatical/typographical errors in the topic, let alone the subject will make FP without the mods correcting it.
That's how one yesterday read 'Dalta state'.
Lazy mods. If it is to ban, then they are very smart.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by diadem10: 8:59am On Jan 06, 2019
Be not be deceived, God isn't mocked, whatever a man sow, that shall he also reap- Gal 6:7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Ruddyman(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2019
One can lose his / her salvation that's the simply truth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:14am On Jan 06, 2019
oxladexo:
*Examining.
I wonder how posts with grammatical/typographical errors in the topic, let alone the subject will make FP without the mods correcting it.
That's how one yesterday read 'Dalta state'.
Lazy mods. If it is to ban, then they are very smart.
No one is above mistake bro. Even when I typed it, I thought it was examining I typed.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2019
Ruddyman:
One can lose his / her salvation that's the simply truth

Simple truth with no biblical reference?

3 Likes

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:16am On Jan 06, 2019
diadem10:
Be not be deceived, God isn't mocked, whatever a man sow, that shall he also reap- Gal 6:7
Verse doesn't speak of salvation. If it were speaking of salvation, then it means it is saying we are to save ourselves. Then why did Jesus die for us?
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by fasho01(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2019
So op, you're saying in essence that once saved always saved?

That just as John 3:16b says 'that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have life everlasting' and that's it, period!
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by izzou(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2019
angry

Examining

EXAMINING

E X A M I N I N G

Dominique, please can you help correct this? Abeg angry
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Simple truth with no biblical reference?

Biblical references you asked for:

"Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven" (Luke 10:20).

"He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before His angels" (Revelation 3:5).

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live" (Romans 8:13).

Here are other conditions and warnings to believers:

"But Christ as a son over His own house, whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end" (Hebrews 3:6).

This verse seems to be saying that the believer that doesn't hold fast to the end will lose his/her salvation.

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ,
if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end
"
(Hebrews 3:12-14).

Is it not clear from these verses that a Christian can lose his faith through unbelief and the deceitfulness of sin and that we see the need to consciously be stedfast till the end for us to receive the final salvation?

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, If ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain" (1 Corinthians 15:1-2).

"For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning" (2 Peter 2:20)

You can get more verses from this thread --> https://www.nairaland.com/3872423/christian-lose-salvation

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:20am On Jan 06, 2019
fasho01:
So op, you're saying in essence that once saved always saved?

That just as John 3:16b says 'that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have life everlasting' and that's it, period!

Exactly.

You have everlasting life the moment you believe in Jesus. If you can lose that everlasting life, then it means it was never everlasting. That means you have called God a liar because you do not believe that the gift he gave is everlasting.

1 John 5:10-11
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

3 Likes

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You can get verses from this thread --> https://www.nairaland.com/3872423/christian-lose-salvation
Bring your verses here.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by youngelder(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2019
Oga... So, if I got born again last week, are you saying I can never go back to sin??
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Vickmanny22: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2019
pls. guy if I'm a child of God ..i have given my life to Christ and I'm saved...then at a time i stopped going to church..started Fornicating...stealing, probably yahoo yehoo ... I'm I still saved?

5 Likes

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by diadem10: 9:30am On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
2 Peter 2:20-22
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

The above is another darling passage they love to quote. They forget that the passage only spoke of having the knowledge of Jesus Christ, not that they accepted him. This clearly speaks of atheist who know all about Jesus Christ but rejected him and went back to their unbelief like a dog who goes back to his vomit. Verse 22 days they are still dog and sow (female pig). They never changed even after the knowledge of God. They didn't put on the new man.

Hebrews 6:4-8
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

They clearly do not understand the passage above. The passage is not talking about those who have accepted Christ. It is talking about those who have tasted or are in the process of accepting Christ but rejected it.
If it was talking about those who have accepted Christ and went back as you are insinuating, then it even kicks against their belief. Do you believe one can return to God after losing his salvation? I believe you do. So, if you say the passage is about people losing their salvation, then how come it says it is impossible for such people to be renewed into Christ again? According to their usage of the passage, once you return to sin after accepting Jesus, then you can never be saved again.

Do you now see how they got the passage wrong?

Philippians 2:12-13
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

When you go to the gym, what do you say you are doing? You say you are working out your muscles. Working it out means you already have it but you just want it to be more pronounced so you work it out. God put muscles in you when he created you. But because you want to look like a body builder, you decided to work it out by hitting the gym.
Same thing with salvation. God has put salvation in you and wants you to make it pronounced by working it out i.e showing it off to the world. This will make others also get attract

Ephesians 2:9-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Check the embolden. It talks of the rightenous of God, the holy commandment and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
What are the holy commandment? To love God and to love your neighbour as yourself which encompases the 10 commandments of God. Failure to do it means you're turning away from the commandment and you lack total repentance. Christ said except you repent, you shall perish.

The righteousness of Christ signifies sanctification. This is where the miracle of accepting Christ as your Lord and saviour takes place. You get to have the righteousness and the nature of Christ, hence your body becomes numb (dead) to your previous sin.

Lastly, the fellowship of the Holy Spirit signifies the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Have you noticed one thing? Once the holy Spirit leaves a body, it creates a vacuum. And due to the fact that this vacuum needs to be refilled, Satan gets to enter into same body. It happened with Saul, Judas etc.

A friend of mine always pray 1 prayer which is God please, don't call me. I don't even blame her for this because once you dine with the Holy Spirit, you need to be careful 'cos the presence of the Holy Spirit would create a vacuum to be filled up by Him and when He leaves, this vacuum would be empty. As such, Satan would fill it up.

That's why the scripture says the end would be worse.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 06, 2019
while I may agree with your point about most of these Pentecostal church, I think you should not be misquoting the Bible to argue against known truth.
the Bible is filled with example of faithful worshipers who lost their footing and become unfaithful.
the Bible made It clear that the one standing should be careful that he do not fall. why is he being careful if he cannot fall? I am very busy today if not I would have discuss this topic with you.
my advice to you is stop searching the scripture looking for verse to twist to suit your ideology because the scripture itself is not what give life but obedience to the creator.
most of your post on nairaland are just unnecessary topic that does not contribute anything to salvation.
just argument.
try making post that are good for building-up a modern day christain

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2019
youngelder:
Oga... So, if I got born again last week, are you saying I can never go back to sin??
We are all sinners as long as we are in the flesh. But once you are born again, you get a new spirit. This means your soul is saved but your flesh remains the same. That flesh will keep making you fall to sin, but as long as your spirit is saved, nothing can ever make you miss heaven. Nothing can pluck you out of God's hand, not even you because God is stronger than you and all. That's why Jesus proudly said he cannot lose all that God has given him.

John 19:27-30
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know
them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:34am On Jan 06, 2019
Mk17:
while I may agree with your point about most of these Pentecostal church, I think you should not be misquoting the Bible to argue against known truth.
the Bible is filled with example of faithful worshipers who lost their footing and become unfaithful.
the Bible made It clear that the one standing should be careful that he do not fall. why is he being careful if he cannot fall? I am very busy today if not I would have discuss this topic with you.
my advice to you is stop searching the scripture looking for verse to twist to suit your ideology because the scripture itself is not what give life but obedience to the creator.
most of your post on nairaland are just unnecessary topic that does not contribute anything to salvation.
just argument.
try making post that are good for building-up a modern day christain
Fall doesn't mean fall out of salvation. Don't inject salvation into every passage you see the word fall. A Christian who thinks he's perfect can fall into temptation. So the passage is simply saying we shouldn't think we stand lest we fall into such. It in no way says we can fall out of salvation.

Kindly give names of those you say fell out of salvation. You will see that they simply fell out of something else other than salvation.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by diadem10: 9:34am On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Verse doesn't speak of salvation. If it were speaking of salvation, then it means it is saying we are to save ourselves. Then why did Jesus die for us?

You need to repent first. The works of salvation are grace and sanctification, not repentance. Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish- Luke 13:3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by fasho01(m): 9:34am On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Exactly.

You have everlasting life the moment you believe in Jesus. If you can lose that everlasting life, then it means it was never everlasting. That means you have called God a liar because you do not believe that the gift he gave is everlasting.

1 John 5:10-11
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

You make a compelling argument as this is exactly how the scriptures say about this plainly though I know several people will have a dissenting view about this.

However, why don't you have a compelling argument based on the same scriptures about first fruits as plainly as this?
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Fall doesn't mean fall out of salvation. Don't inject salvation into every passage you see the word fall. A Christian who thinks he's perfect can fall into temptation. So the passage is simply saying we shouldn't think we stand lest we fall into such. It in no way says we can fall out of salvation.

Kindly give names of those you say fell out of salvation. You will see that they simply fell out of something else other than salvation.
I don't have time now. maybe another day
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Mitchewww(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2019
OP.. What does it mean to love the present world?

Did others leave Paul because of loving the present world?

All these people that do not read the Bible are the reason more than 95% of pastors are scam artists.

"Demas loved the present world" period.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 06, 2019
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:38am On Jan 06, 2019
diadem10:

Check the embolden. It talks of the rightenous of God, the holy commandment and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
What are the holy commandment? To love God and to love your neighbour as yourself which encompases the 10 commandments of God. Failure to do it means you're turning away from the commandment and you lack total repentance. Christ said except you repent, you shall perish.

The righteousness of Christ signifies sanctification. This is where the miracle of accepting Christ as your Lord and saviour takes place. You get to have the righteousness and the nature of Christ, hence your body becomes numb (dead) to your previous sin.

Lastly, the fellowship of the Holy Spirit signifies the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Have you noticed one thing? Once the holy Spirit leaves a body, it creates a vacuum. And due to the fact that this vacuum needs to be refilled, Satan gets to enter into same body. It happened with Saul, Judas etc.

A friend of mine always pray 1 prayer which is God please, don't call me. I don't even blame her for this because once you dine with the Holy Spirit, you need to be careful 'cos the presence of the Holy Spirit would create a vacuum to be filled up by Him and when He leaves, this vacuum would be empty. As such, Satan would fill it up.

That's why the scripture says the end would be worse.

The bold you are replying to said they tasted, this is different from eating. Tasting is the same as having a knowledge of something but not believing in it.

That Hebrew verse simply says those who have the knowledge, once they reject it, they can never be saved again. If you are applying it to believers, then it means once you lose your salvation, you can never be saved again. I do believe you believe that one can gain his salvation again after losing it. Can you now see how that usage of the passage contradicts your stance?
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:41am On Jan 06, 2019
diadem10:

You need to repent first. The works of salvation are grace and sanctification, not repentance. Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish- Luke 13:3
Does the verse say one can lose his salvation?

All through the Bible, salvation has been all about believe in Jesus. The Pharisees didn't believe in Jesus, so he told them to repent, which is a word that means turn from something to another, in this case turn from Judaism to believe in jesus or else they will perish. But once you believe in Jesus, there is no verse that says you can lose that salvation that gave you eternal life.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 9:43am On Jan 06, 2019
Mitchewww:
OP.. What does it mean to love the present world?

Did others leave Paul because of loving the present world?

All these people that do not read the Bible are the reason more than 95% of pastors are scam artists.

"Demas loved the present world" period.

Love THE world is different from live THIS present world. Go and study the Greek of how John wrote his own and how Paul wrote the verse about Demas. They used different Greek words.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by MylezKayn(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2019
LordIsaac:
You are right. A man can lose his salvation by renouncing the gift of salvation through the work of Christ on the cross.
Hebrews 6:4
New International Version
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
New Living Translation
For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened--those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit,
At this point it's impossible for repentance/you have lost your salvation

2 Likes

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Bring your verses here.

Oga pastor how many times do u wanna bring this topic...oya interpreted 1corinthiana 15:2...

If that one no do you, who are the people Jesus was referring to that will say"we cast out demons in ur name....but he will say to them..I knew you not..depart from me.....unbelievers can't cast out demons oooo..
Oga alBHAGDADI.....
You seem like a good guy..but your teaching is based on a scenario of all things being equal, christians of nowadays don't even have the solid foundation...the first 3examples of the parable of the sower has manifested in their lives....people are loosing salvation daily..that was almost the lenght and breath of teaching of Paul....he that stand should take heed lest he fall...

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? / Earring-wear Bishop - Td Jakes / God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.