Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation (12888 Views)

Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi's Son Confesses About His Salvation / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
Princealex1:

Is the Devil(satan) together with his demons saved??
No, they are not. Because they believe Jesus saves but they reject him. Demons believe Jesus is Lord, but do they accept him as such? The answer is no.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
Guys, please stop wasting your time responding to this post. OP obviously created this post for the purpose of argument as is evident in his responses.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by daveP(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Overcome what?

Christ was talking about the great tribulation which is why the book of revelation was written. If you can overcome it, which you will, he will never blot out your name. Or was the verse talking about overcoming sin? If you can overcome sin, then what's the essence of Jesus dying ?

Smh, you know that if we are in a law court of justice, that youve already lost the case cos you keep shooting yourself in the foot everytime without even seeing the bleedings. haahahha.

Pls Those letters were letters to literal church and alll of the members in that church are in bones beneath the ground currently grin

So what crappy talk of tribulation did you cook up and from where did you get that logic to insert it here? Poor attempt mr, very poor attempt.

Read Exodus 32: 32-33 also grin

Are those ones also in bones stage also gonna pass the tribulation? And sin is the reason for blotting out, and blotting out is automatic denial to enter Heaven. Pls can you try en reason about the words you spew for once. Youve been sinning against the Holy Spirit by twisting the Scriptures for quiye a while.

Ride on, but crash well.

Oh, the book of Revelations is now about the Tribulation again? Oh God!!!!! Sombady helllllp me, i wana fainttttt!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Hardeysolution(m): 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Overcome what?

Christ was talking about the great tribulation which is why the book of revelation was written. If you can overcome it, which you will, he will never blot out your name. Or was the verse talking about overcoming sin? If you can overcome sin, then what's the essence of Jesus dying ?

Mr alBHAGDADI, I didn't get you in the first place because i didn't get your point. This is a forum and don't come here to dispense the heresies you've been made to believe by your so called pastors.

Once saved forever saved or eternal security is a doctrine from hell.

Why would you tell me whatever you do with your flesh doesnt matter? 1The 5:22 go and read it.

I will not be chanced to type long but i will like to have a chat with you on WhatsApp maybe I will be able to enlighten you further. 09094619984 is my WhatsApp number.

But I will categorically tell everyone that once saved forever saved is a doctrine that glorifies sin.

Any one who does any unrighteousness is a sinner!

Please and please, don't rush to believe your pastors.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by daveP(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
He didn't say he will blot out the church, but individuals.

Was church not what you said will be blotted out.?

Haahahahhahahaaahhha

Guy goan get a lawyer to teach you how to piece words together in a debate, a discussion or an argument..... youre an amateur in that aspect. Im laughing cos you are still bent and insistent on what is wrong despite proof to prove you totally wrong.

It pains me that i have to ask the question below, although its highly rhetoric.

What/who is the Church?

Individuals o, Building o, oMG!!!

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2019
daveP:

Smh, you know that if we are in a law court of justice, that youve already lost the case cos you keep shooting yourself in the foot everytime without even seeing the bleedings. haahahha.

Pls Those letters were letters to literal church and alll of the members in that church are in bones beneath the ground currently grin

So what crappy talk of tribulation did you cook up and from where did you get that logic to insert it here? Poor attempt mr, very poor attempt.

Read Exodus 32: 32-33 also grin

Are those ones also in bones stage also gonna pass the tribulation? And sin is the reason for blotting out, and blotting out is automatic denial to enter Heaven. Pls can you try en reason about the words you spew for once. Youve been sinning against the Holy Spirit by twisting the Scriptures for quiye a while.

Ride on, but crash well.

Oh, the book of Revelations is now about the Tribulation again? Oh God!!!!! Sombady helllllp me, i wana fainttttt!!!
Those churches are a typical of today's churches, hence they were written for all churches because today's churches can be seen to have those attributes.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by daveP(m): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2019
jeffo83:
Guys, please stop wasting your time responding to this post. OP obviously created this post for the purpose of argument as is evident in his responses.
You sef don taya. Its hilarious to me.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Princealex1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
No, they are not. Because they believe Jesus saves but they reject him. Demons believe Jesus is Lord, but do they accept him as such? The answer is no.

You have introduce another tenet(believe but not accepting), which is somehow contradicting your initial doctrine: "once saved always saved"

I would still like to ask, do you consider angels to be saved??
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Hardeysolution(m): 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Many people do not know that the concept of losing one's salvation is a modern invention and that before it came to be, no one believed in losing salvation. The sad part is that people now uphold this false doctrine over eternal security because it is propagated by the Pentecostal Churches who are heavily rich with much influence.

The doctrine of losing salvation emerged in the 20th century which was when Pentecostal Church movement started. Before then no one believed they could lose their salvation. The Baptists which existed as far back as 1600s always and still teach Once Saved Always Saved or Eternal Security. Even before Pentecostalism began in the world, Baptists were already in Nigeria in 1850 spreading the true gospel which is good news without any iota of bad news. Now imagine that time compared to 1970 when Pentecostalism began in Nigeria. Yet, people believe this newcomers and their doctrine of losing salvation is the truth while eternal security which has been right from the time of the aoostles is false.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

By their fruit ye shall know them. Why do you think Pentecostal churches are filled with all sort of jokes? People shouting and screaming amen as if God is dead. They speak gibberish while claiming it is speaking in tongues, when we all know that speaking in tongue is simply speaking in another earthly language. Everything that goes on in such churches are just all about the flesh. They love to tickle the flesh while the spirit is ignored because they lack the spirit of God. That explains why they instrumentalist silently plays the keyboard while the pastor is preaching just to stir up emotions. And when the pastor makes a point and the people shout amen, the drummer raises his drum to the loudest. It is all to pander to the flesh and emotions. That's why they have beautifully decorated altars with purple lights like night clubs to make you feel relax. When it comes to the preaching, it is just about how you can make it in life, how to have prosperity, how God is going to bless you with a new job and house etc. They are just all about money and whatever brings in the money. Take a look at all the pastors and churches bringing shame to Christianity in Nigeria alone they are all Pentecostal and Charismatic. The private jet owners who are billionaires when Jesus himself said it will be difficult for a rich man to make heaven. They are the ones with divorced records. It is their members you see rolling in the mud during campaign for their church program. They are the same people who misuse the tithe money and gave made the doctrine seem like a false doctrine. Those are just a bit of their fruits.Yet people believe they will get it right concerning salvation.

When last have you heard noise from the Baptist Churches? When last did you hear something horrible about them?

Now, let's see if Demas and Judas lost their salvation before we examine those verses which people misquote to claim one can lose his salvation. Such lack the spirit of God that's why they misquote those verse because it is the spirit that helps to discern the word of God.

2 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them , because they are spiritually discerned.

Now did Demas lose his salvation? They quickly quote the below verse to prove such.

2 Timothy 4:10
For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

These people are not only spiritually blind but also act like illiterates. Did the verse say Drama departed from the Faith? No, it only says he departed from Paul just as Titus and Crescens. Or is Paul now Jesus Christ or the faith? The verse doesn't say he departed from the faith, it only says he left Paul. And there's a reason why he left Paul. The reason is because he "loved this present world", a phrase these people have also misunderstood. Do you know how risky if is moving about with Paul? Paul was always getting locked, stoned, flogged etc. Even when it was prophesied that he was going to be killed in Jerusalem, he still went there. Demas didn't want to die soon because he still loved this world meaning he still loved his life. He knew moving with Paul would mean an end to his time in this world which he didn't want. If I tell you to go and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ in Mecca Saudi Arabia just as Paul preached in a pagan temple, would you go? No you won't because you know the consequence of doing so is death. You don't want to die which means you still love this world. If Demas lost his salvation, how come he is listed as part of Paul's fellow labourers?

Philemon 1:24
Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellowlabourers.

The proponents of this counterfeit gospel love to use Judas Iscariot as an example that one can lose his salvation. But was Judas Iscariot ever saved? Let the Bible enlighten us on that. First of all, what is the criteria for having everlasting life? It is the believe in Jesus.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Remember what Paul and Silas told that prison keeper when he asked what he could do to be saved.

Acts 16:30-31
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

As seen above, the only way to be saved is by believing in Jesus as the saviour. Now, did Judas Iscariot believe in Jesus? No he didn't and wasn't the only disciple of Jesus who didn't believe in him (hope you know Jesus had other disciples asides the 12). Read the below passage to see how Jesus pointed them out including Judas Iscariot.

John 6:53-71
53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

As seen in verse 64, Jesus knew those disciples of his that believed not in him and the one who will betray him. In verse 65, many of such disciples left him and went their way because they didn't believe in him. This made Jesus to ask his special 12 disciples if they were also going to leave him.

John 6:67-71
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Notice how Peter answered saying that they are staying with Jesus because they believe he has the words of
ETERNAL LIFE and that they BELIEVE he is Christ the Son of God. Remember how John 3:16 said those who believe in Jesus have eternal life.

In Peter's mind all the 12 disciples believed in Jesus, but it wasn't so in the eyes of Jesus who knew one of them didn't believe in him. See what he said below.

Clearly, Judas was never ever saved because he didn't believe in Jesus and he also was a devil as described by Jesus himself. So, for someone to sit somewhere and say Judas lost his salvation is the height of deceit.

Check these verses and be sure that you're walking in lies and falsehood

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the , and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called: Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not . (Jude 1-5)
“But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” 1 Corinthians 9:27
“They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him….. ” Titus 1:16a
“……If we deny him , he also will deny us: ”
2Timothy 2:12b
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; ” Titus 2:11 -12
“Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. ” Revelations 2:4-5
“Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: FOR IF YE DO THESE THINGS, ye shall never fall:” 2Peter 1:10
“He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”
Revelations 3:5
“…..but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.” Matthew 10:22b .

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
Princealex1:

You have introduce another tenet(believe but not accepting), which is somehow contradicting your initial doctrine: "once saved always saved"

Sorry, I meant to say "they know Jesus saves".

Angels? Saved from what?
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by demolinka(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I see. How do you explain this scripture, Matt 7…, na?

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by daveP(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Those churches are a typical of today's churches, hence they were written for all churches because today's churches can be seen to have those attributes.
See You are slowly opening your eyes.. But youre still not in line.

Every word of God is given for inspiration, reprove, direction....

Dyu know that is why we still use the OT to learn morals today? But these stuff happened literally. The Bible is first Historical and then Inspirational(Spiritual) All in the Bible happened live and direct thousands of years ago. Infact Peter used an event of Abraham to try and show the crowd that history happened and he will use it to preach. Respect History in your next topic. Search well before coming to spew heresies. We aren't all dumb on here.

So back to the 7 churches, these are literal and happened live and direct and were recorded as such, but it inspires us today and we now apply it to our daily lives so we can live a holy acceptable life to God.

I will die someday, you would also, and yet this 7 churches would still be used as an example. A standard for church spiritual status. So get it.

Get it deeply now. Get it deeply. First it was real then we apply it. Thats why we say Christian Live is Christ-Like, cos we are living and doing what Christ would do, and what he taught that we do.

Get that today, don't just be a pastor's puppet.

Nawa o.

4 Likes

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
demolinka:

I see. How do you explain this scripture, Matt 7…, na?

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I always get excited when someone bring this up. Now, let's examine the passage.

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

This thread clearly shows that it is believe in Jesus that gets one to heaven, not works. Now, how come after all the wonderful works those men did, Jesus still said he never knew them? Note that he said he NEVER knew them, not that he USE to know them. He never knew them because they failed to do the will of the father. Now, clearly the will of the father is not works otherwise Jesus won't have rejected them after all they did. So, what is the will of the father? Let the Bible be its own dictionary and you will see that the will of the father is for us to BELIEVE in Jesus.

John 6:4
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

As seen above, those people in Mathew 7 didn't do the will of the father which is to believe in Jesus Christ. Rather, they were trusting in their works to save them. They forgot that salvation is not of works but by grace of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

They were trusting in their works to save them. They never believed in the will of the father which is to depend on Jesus.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by sanmitee(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
He didn't say he will blot out the church, but individuals.

Was church not what you said will be blotted out.?

Individuals again?? 2nd verse ; Be watchful, and strengthen the things which
remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found
thy WORKS PERFECT before God.
Remember therefore how thou hast RECEIVED and
heard, and hold fast, and REPENT.

This was the correction I was willing to discuss with you, albeit privately, then that I requested your WhatsApp number by email. Now you fallen for the deceit and dent your earlier good reputation!

I'll recommend you apologize at this
junction and retract this error/goof. Respond to my earlier mail, for the love of Christ and our common friend.

Better still, 07035316foursevenone chat me on WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by hopara1(m): 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2019
Brother you sound like you are having a problem with the Pentecostal Churches, it's like going after the messenger before the message.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by demolinka(m): 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I always get excited when someone bring this up. Now, let's examine the passage.

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

This thread clearly shows that it is believe in Jesus that gets one to heaven, not works. Now, how come after all the wonderful works those men did, Jesus still said he never knew them? Note that he said he NEVER knew them, not that he USE to know them. He never knew them because they failed to do the will of the father. Now, clearly the will of the father is not works otherwise Jesus won't have rejected them after all they did. So, what is the will of the father? Let the Bible be its own dictionary and you will see that the will of the father is for us to BELIEVE in Jesus.

John 6:4
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

As seen above, those people in Mathew 7 didn't do the will of the father which is to believe in Jesus Christ. Rather, they were trusting in their works to save them. They forgot that salvation is not of works but by grace of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

They were trusting in their works to save them. They never believed in the will of the father which is to depend on Jesus.

Wonderful! I like it when some brings this up too. So the will of the father is not works, ba? Okay help me look at Matt 25…: How u reason am?

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

2 Likes

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Ubenedictus(m): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Roman Catholicism is a false religion. It is the LovePeddler of Babylon and the Pope is the biggest false prophet alive.

Roman Catholic LovePeddler of Babylon gave birth to the Pentecostals through the Reformation. They carried most of her falsehood along with them.
you can do all the name calling you like but it would not change the following facts.
1. catholics were the ONLY christians in the first 1000 years of christianity and they did not teach once saved always saved.
2. It was not accepted in any christian church for the first 1500 years of christianity which means it is a recent invention.
3. It was created by a man called John Calvin and it was immediately condemn as heresy.
4. Even your baptist church broke out of the catholic church, the catholic churbh is the original christian church and all other churches came from her because of disobedience and heresy.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by augustine: 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
Truly salvation is not worked for but is given by Grace of God. however, one has to work to keep the salvation as faith without work is dead. The bible talked about the way that leads to eternal life being narrow. Now if someone saved starts walking on this narrow road but after some distance, turns left or right; if such person continues walking off-course for the rest of their life, will such end up in paradise eventually, because they received salvation initially? Now, lets not be deceived, if a saved person backslides, does not repent, and dies in the unrepentant, that person is likely to lose the salvation they had earlier. King David was very aware of this, when he he pleaded in Psalm 51; ''Take not away The Holy Spirit from me and restore unto me, the joy of Your salvation''. Our Lord Jesus Christ emphasized it clearly in John's gospel that ''If you continue in my way, then are you truly my disciple'' Emphasis on continuity. In Acts 5. Annanias and Sappira were saved Christians who lied against the Holy Spirit, without the opportunity to repent, they fell dead and hence lost their salvation. Remember Christ warned that all sins, including the sins against the son of man will be forgiven men. but the sin against The Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come. Therefore let he who thinks he stands beware, lest he falls. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ubenedictus:
you can do all the name calling you like but it would not change the following facts.
1. catholics were the ONLY christians in the first 1000 years of christianity and they did not teach once saved always saved.
2. It was not accepted in any christian church for the first 1500 years of christianity which means it is a recent invention.
3. It was created by a man called John Calvin and it was immediately condemn as heresy.
4. Even your baptist church broke out of the catholic church, the catholic churbh is the original christian church and all other churches came from her because of disobedience and heresy.

1. You mean Paul, Peter, James and John were all Catholicism? Trash and lies.

2. Where is your prove?

3. That's a lie. It has nothing to do with Calvinism.

4. Another lie. Baptist didn't break out of Catholic Church.

You mean the original Christian Church bowed down to images of mary?
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by UncletC: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
You are a false teacher, You are busy quoting Scriptures you had no understanding about. Refrain from this your heresy before judgement will come on you You don't even know what salvation is, in the first place
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Princealex1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Sorry, I meant to say "they know Jesus saves".

Angels? Saved from what?

"saved" according to the context of this thread.

Anyway not to prolong this further, i do believe from my understanding of the scripture, not denominational doctrine or theology, that: A person can believe, be saved yet loose his salvation.

I wanted us to go through a series of questions and answers to establish the tenets guiding your view of gospel, before presenting mine so as to avoid unnecessary argument. But due to low battery i couldnt go on with it as my phone went off.

Now, the reason for my understanding is that:

The devil(satan) himself was once a glorious angel that was holy, pious and basked in the glory of God(isa. 14). With eternal life, breathing and walking in the presence of God, sure sounds like he was "saved", didnt even need salvation, right??
But you know what happen later on when he became an Apostate(2pet. 2:4)

In summary, am not one who's fond of typing for long even though theres a lot i would have love to put down here, but whether you are right or wrong, i think its best for one(a christian) to live circumspectly until he/she dies in christ not to ever think or assume he/she have arrived thereby making himself open to vices such as complacency, pride and overconfidence (let him that think he stands take heed...)

Also, i notice your rebuttal against the pentecostal mission, i believe theres no division in the body of christ
and he that gathers in the name of the Lord is of the Lord. Rebuke the charlatans, correct fellow brethren in love but be careful not to overturn a mission or denomination just because of some charlatans or because they do not follow after your denominational doctrine(luke 9:49).

May the grace of God be with "us" all, Amen.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
Princealex1:

"saved" according to the context of this thread

Anyway not to prolong this further, i do believe from my understanding of the scripture not denominational doctrine or theology, that a person can believe, be saved yet loose his salvation.

I wanted us to go through a series of questions and answers to establish the tenets guiding your view of gospel before presenting mine so as to avoid
If you believe you can lose your salvation, so be it.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
UncletC:
You are a false teacher, You are busy quoting Scriptures you had no understanding about. Refrain from this your heresy before judgement will come on you You don't even know what salvation is, in the first place
What is salvation?
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by zoedew: 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
Truth is, darkness is the absence of light and vice-versa!
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Walelavender(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
Demas love for the world can't be twisted.
1John 2:15 " Love not the world neither the things that are in the world, if any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him"

Oh! How can salvation be absolute when the scripture says " And because iniquity shall abound,the love of many shall wax cold, but he that ENDURE TO THE END,the same shall be SAVED- Mathew 24:12-13

We keep working out your salvation till we see him in glory. Phil 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved,as ye have always obeyed,not as in my presence only,but now much more in my absence,WORK OUT your own SALVATION,with fear and trembling , If we don't, we get to frustrate the grace of God upon our lives. Gal 2:21. You don't want to continue in sin(because you are 'saved' forever') and expect the grace of God to abound Romans 6:1-2

Living a sanctified life will help a believer to keep his salvation
"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly,and I pray God, your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ-1 Thessalonians 5:22-23
You don't want to say because you saved forever and get to lead your life carelessly.

May God help us
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Lorazepam(f): 12:08am On Jan 07, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Satan's desire is in no way a certainty that it must happen. Jesus only spoke of it but it doesn't mean it was going to happen. Just as you desiring to have 50 private jet, which is impossible.

Jesus didn't say he will blot any church out in the book of revelations
Chei!!!!!
May you be forgiven for this slander of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Ubenedictus(m): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

1. You mean Paul, Peter, James and John were all Catholicism? Trash and lies.

2. Where is your prove?

3. That's a lie. It has nothing to do with Calvinism.

4. Another lie. Baptist didn't break out of Catholic Church.

You mean the original Christian Church bowed down to images of mary?

Historians trace the earliest "Baptist" church to 1609 in Amsterdam, Dutch Republic with English Separatist John Smyth as its pastor.[2]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptists&hl=en-NG&grqid=VXiLVWoZ&grqid=VXiLVWoZ

John Smyth was an Anglican who broke from that church and went to convince a few people about his beliefs. Anglicanism came from Catholicism, Baptist therefore are indirect breakaways from the Catholic church.
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by Makschinchin: 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2019
I'll like you to read up an article by Evangelist Zac Poonen. This is the link to it:
https://www.cfcindia.com/article/eternal-security

God bless you sir.

cc: albhagdadi
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
Makschinchin:
I'll like you to read up an article by Evangelist Zac Poonen. This is the link to it:
https://www.cfcindia.com/article/eternal-security

God bless you sir.

cc: albhagsdadi

Junk
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by ArchAngelos999: 8:55am On Mar 13, 2019
dane15:

Sorry Albaghdadi, how did the first man Adam lose his immortality biko?

Adam was not immortal at creation. Immortality was to come from eating the Tree of Life in the garden which is Christ which he rejected. Adam rejected Christ
Re: Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation by ArchAngelos999: 9:00am On Mar 13, 2019
Princealex1:

Angels are not saved because salvation plan is for man. That's why Christ came as a man. For angels to be saved Christ would probably have to come as an angel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Is My God-given Husband? / Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) / 8 Reasons Why Obedience To God Is Very Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.