Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? (22737 Views)

What Is The Dumbest Thing You Believed As A Child / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by johnaruson(m): 5:40am On Jan 10, 2019
That when i see a ghost, i have to cross my fingers to pin the ghost.

That a killed snake must be cut into two and the head side be buried separately to avoid it joining again.

When owl whistles in the night, someone will die the next day.

That when you see a moving trailing star in the night, a prominent person will die before morning.

That beautiful prostitutes are mummy water (Mermaids).

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 6:06am On Jan 10, 2019
That if I flew inside the television I would meet myself in America while watching American movie.

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by WayStage(m): 6:09am On Jan 10, 2019
My own assumption better b dat... grin
Nltaliban:

I actually thought babies were vomitted
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by mcyemite(m): 6:13am On Jan 10, 2019
That animal in world could fit into Noah's ark lipsrsealed undecided
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by barthy09(m): 6:14am On Jan 10, 2019
Seeing someone you believed that had dead long time ago, throwing sand at him/her Comfirm if the person is a spirit or not

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Royceey(m): 6:28am On Jan 10, 2019
I was made to believe when I point finger at a casket my mother will die... LOL
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Ferdinandu(m): 6:40am On Jan 10, 2019
I believed adults don't lie or cheat but when I met real Nigerian adults, I regretted every truth I told as a child. If I have started in time, by now APC would have been willing to pay me billions to manufacture lies for them gringringrin

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by bolinjkezzy(m): 6:40am On Jan 10, 2019
That hell exist....
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Thomthom(m): 6:40am On Jan 10, 2019
StFrankeinstein:
Believe that a duck's head when slashed and covered with a basket turns to a snake
Hahahaha my guy I dread this one die... One day our neighbour go buy duck for Xmas na him all of us for the compound go find basket dey cover Duck wey no no anytin head make e change to snake make we run... Nothing happen till the owner catch us

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by sonofthunder: 6:45am On Jan 10, 2019
Davash222:
I once believed that Education is the key!!!

Lol. so what do you believe now?
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Thomthom(m): 6:46am On Jan 10, 2019
You are to add seven stones with ur broken tooth then trow it on the roof, then after 7 days the teeth will grow...

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by verifiablefacts: 6:50am On Jan 10, 2019
SUPERPACK:
if you swallow orange or udara seed it will grow on your head.
Believing that India defeated Nigeria 99-1 and Sam okparaji died after scoring the only goal for nigeria
indomie.
genera-si-on.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by IbrahimDamola: 6:58am On Jan 10, 2019
Davash222:

But is actually the key.

grin
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Offpoint: 7:00am On Jan 10, 2019
SUPERPACK:
if you swallow orange or udara seed it will grow on your head.
Believing that India defeated Nigeria 99-1 and Sam okparaji died after scoring the only goal for nigeria
I can't believe the fed that India bullcrap story to almost every Nigerian kids.

I believe that till I was 18...
how every shot the Indians played, the ball will turn into fireball, sometimes lion, bullet and so on.... after that game Indians were banned from playing football till date.

I believed that shît with the whole of heart.

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Rockyrascal(m): 7:00am On Jan 10, 2019
The Nigeria Vs India game which ended 99-1.

It was believed the India players used Voodoo which made them turn the ball to different creatures to scare the Nigerian players but the Nigerian players kept their faith and played on, the condition of the game which could make Nigeria come out victorious if they can score a goal in that match was one of the fables I was made to believe.

I was also made to believe this huge lie which I believe alot of kids like me fell for then was that Samuel okparaji's death came in that same match (but now I know what Caused sam okparaji's death) cheesy
They said he scored the goal that eventually made us winners but he layed down his life by taking a bold step to play the penalty kick which turned to a big rock. He managed to kick it into the back of the net but he died eventually (bleep this big lie...he slumped and died in an afcon match) angry

I will name forget this story till I kpeme because it got me and many other kids....they even lied to us that this very match was the reason India was banned from every football activity.

Bleep that!

3 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by IbrahimDamola: 7:02am On Jan 10, 2019
That if a fly perched on your eye, you'd go blind. grin

Modified:

I just a got a great business idea on all that's been said on this thread. I'll be richer. grin

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by introvertme: 7:05am On Jan 10, 2019
deepwater:
Why? There are no rules to this, don't add yours.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Kingzra1(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
cant wait for the perks to being an adult. now i want to go back to being a child
u r still a child
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Buffalowings3(m): 7:06am On Jan 10, 2019
unity004:
grin i remember back then our uncle make us believe that fish fall down from the sky with rain water. when is raining, we will jump out into the rain searching for fish. lol
Fish do actually fall from the sky sometimes grin
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/its-raining-fish-1.4310791

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Buffalowings3(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2019
manikspears:

Then one Nigerian player sacrificed himself by scoring a goal and died. because of that one goal, Nigeria won the match and India was banned from international games.whoever coined that lie can never make heaven.
Every Nigerian has heard that story a's a child.. grin
The lie is something else..

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by impactx(m): 7:11am On Jan 10, 2019
If I kill wall gecko I will pee on the bed
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by IbrahimDamola: 7:15am On Jan 10, 2019
Davash222:

But is actually the key.

grin
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Onnasucs1(m): 7:19am On Jan 10, 2019
lilian789:
jezz, you must be really notty when u were small!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy very very. But now, I'm very gentle o
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Satan66(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2019
uuzba:

Are you just looking for attention? So what is your hope in life? Who made you? How did this whole universe appear? Have you gone through all the records of the world written and unwritten? Do you think things just appear like that? Who made oxigen? What is atom? Who made it?

Find answers to these questions before you ever die. Because you must surely die one day just as everybody dies and you will remain alive and face whatever part of eternity you gained for yourself.

Jesus is the person who created human beings and gave you your free will to think and behave as you like.
He came from heaven to earth to tell you that actions have consequences. To love each other and love God. He worked miracles to show that he is not any ordinary human being and he rose from the dead because he is the master of life and existence. Death has no power over him. All that he did was written down and recorded. The records were read to you and taught to you. The person who taught you is not the original writer. The original writers of the records, saw Jesus face to face and gave the records to the church to keep.

If you want to disprove him, that is your own cup of tea. He is not quarelling with you. I don't know what happend to you that you are quarelling with him.
SHUT UP
have you ever asked yourself who created GOD?
Why does the Bible not have any information about the universe, Atoms,Matter or anything that relates to it.
Why does the Bible not talk about dinosaurs or other planets?
I remember one idiotic tale in it where God stopped some men from building a tower to heaven, NOW we can fly far far higher than that tower, So where is the heaven??
Have you asked yourself that if Jesus died for our sins why are there still sins?
If we all came from eve and Adam who are WHITE where did asians,Blacks,Latinos and fliplinos (Can't spell this race) come FROM?
why do did Adam and eve have belly buttons
Why did the bible fail to explain anything concerning the universe?
WHO CREATED GOD?
If you want to believe nothing can from nothing THEN WHAT MADE GOD?

4 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by ChiefAzubuike(f): 7:22am On Jan 10, 2019
Calypsol:

It is the key, education is important because it helps us develop a unique perspective of looking at life. Education has played a major role for all individuals in the society. It has allowed the community to succeed both socially and economically by enabling it to develop common culture and values.
Obviously you're still a kid and a dependent one at that. When you grow up, you'd realise there is more to life and better things it has to offer you.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2019
WayStage:
That babies come out from the anus cry
lol.. You typed my thoughts
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Satan66(m): 7:31am On Jan 10, 2019
Believing that India used black magic to play football.
That god/jesus exist.
Believing that my father would change and become a real man angry
Believing that black magic is real.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 10, 2019
Kenzico:
lipsrsealed cry
If I ever Spit out a Holy communion, it will turn into Blood
honestly.. I believed that too then oo..
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by mkpurumma090(f): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2019
If I pick money from ground I will turn to stone

2 Likes

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Adebowale89(m): 7:37am On Jan 10, 2019
believing that those putting on glasses are highly intelligent student

believing ijaw are Igbo. in fact those urhobo, isoko that will grew up together, I'd called them omo Igbo

1 Like

Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by Rextizzle(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2019
obembet:
Guys, I remember those days when my brother told me that if I drink coconut water, I.will be dull in school. I will not know anything in school..

Share yours. let hear those wonderful memories..

You saw this shît on WAP tv right? and you decided to create a thread here.
Re: What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? by tellwisdom: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2019
Dboy55:
I did believe if one kill those redheaded lizard aka A gama,one will die .so there was a day I killed an agama lizard,I swear bros I couldn't sleep dat night.my friends made everything worse .dae were just wishing me RIP in advance den.it wasent dre fault thou. It was d orientation we kids have then. Dae were surprise to see me d next morning hale and heathly.
I swear dat day it wasent funny.
PS:I was like around 8-9 then .

Still a kid. WTF is Dae?? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Moment A Nigerian Mother Reunited With Her Children After 5 Years Apart / Why The Government Should Review Traditional Marriage Lists / After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.