Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44430 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2019
As easy as that... No more secrets between Shade and Daniel, hopefully they'll work things out

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by izaray(f): 9:48am On Jan 25, 2019
Finally they won't be secrets anymore

Thanks for the update sis
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 10:34am On Jan 25, 2019
Daniel in a serious dilemma right now for his inability to fertile a child. Hope he finds succour cause I don't think shade has the patience to endure unproductive marriage. Nice update Kim.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by perfect25(m): 10:40am On Jan 25, 2019
Ann2012:
As easy as that... No more secrets between Shade and Daniel, hopefully they'll work things out

Thanks for the update ma'am

thats for mature minds.... remaining Alex and Naomi

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Kaycee9242(m): 11:08am On Jan 25, 2019
Kimberly thanks so much for the update, keep it up dear
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Please come. grin Just come to UNN and look for okpara hostel, you will see me there.

I support that motion too cuz even jealous friends especially girls use that same technique when they like their friend's boyfriend.

Amen dear. Bless you too.
how I wish, my place is far from there, I base in Ibadan, but I will still catch u with your cake soon.
Thanks I just love the way things turn out between Daniel and shade, and that is the beauty of love, realize your fault and don't play blaming game, I think I wish shade and Daniel comes again

Thanks for the good work. U are really driving me
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
Queenitee come and do some analysis o, do u want shade and Daniel back? Or Daniel to be Josh dad?
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2019
Nice update Kim
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Thobiy(m): 2:18pm On Jan 25, 2019
KimberlyWest:

grin Don't play with me o. ASUU should call off that strike.
Op Well Done

Just Kidding About The Strike Just Hope ASUU Call Off The Strike, I Am Also Affected
Re: Ghost Of The Past by BlessedNiel: 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
I hope this hailstorm is over between Dan&Shade.
See how evil plan brought reconciliation between Dan&Shade. Shame on them Alex&Naomi. They should be put where they belong. They are foes not friends.

As for the story, I'm enjoying every bit of it.
Keep it up Miss/Mrs West.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
zyzxx:
Queenitee come and do some analysis o, do u want shade and Daniel back? Or Daniel to be Josh dad?
Josh's dad over anything
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 4:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
queenitee:

Josh's dad over anything
lol, have forgiving spirit now, shade is fighting back for her home to work now, Josh is just his past, I think present is much more important, I feel for shade, she doesn't want to be ungrateful, although u can't love to compensate someone, but Daniel earn the love
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 4:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
zyzxx:
lol, have forgiving spirit now, shade is fighting back for her home to work now, Josh is just his past, I think present is much more important, I feel for shade, she doesn't want to be ungrateful, although u can't love to compensate someone, but Daniel earn the love
His being Josh Dad doesn't mean he has to get back with Amanda now and it won't be Daniel's fault at least they all thought he couldn't give birth so he had no idea he has a child.
But Shade loves Ayomide and Daniel loves Amanda, Naomi and Alex would get to love themselves, problem solved.
Life is Eazi edakun
Re: Ghost Of The Past by BlessedNiel: 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
queenitee:

His being Josh Dad doesn't mean he has to get back with Amanda now and it won't be Daniel's fault at least they all thought he couldn't give birth so he had no idea he has a child.
But Shade loves Ayomide and Daniel loves Amanda, Naomi and Alex would get to love themselves, problem solved.
Life is Eazi ed :oakun
Point of correction: They all know and not 'thought' that he cannot father a child. And so, Josh is not Daniel's son.
I wish to see things go back to normal between Dan&Shade
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 7:04am On Jan 26, 2019
BlessedNiel:

Point of correction: They all know and not 'thought' that he cannot father a child. And so, Josh is not Daniel's son.
I wish to see things go back to normal between Dan&Shade
You are wicked, my Daniel can father a child and he's Josh's father
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 9:43am On Jan 26, 2019
queenitee:

eeeeh 'my Daniel ' lol grin

Truly Josh will prove that Daniel has a chance of giving birth, but I won't want another person to father Josh jare

Kimberlywest come and give me my own baby also o
queenitee don have her Daniel

Happy Weekend ma'am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 26, 2019
queenitee:

My Daniel, not your Daniel grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by BlessedNiel: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2019
queenitee:

grin grin grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by PrudySara(f): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2019
You're welcome dear.. More ink to.your pen
KimberlyWest:
Skubido you're welcome.

Ann2012 thanks a lot.

LightQueen

Izaray grin

Aprilwise

Prudysara

Thank you so much to you all. I really appreciate the support.

Queenitee... embarassed don't worry I won't interfere anymore.

Chigozie1010 grin sorry sir

Kaycee9242

Treasure17 thanks a lot.

Thank you all embarassed I sincerely appreciate the support.

08120912480...my WhatsApp number in case of necessity.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by PrudySara(f): 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
Wow... Glad to be back.

I just hope things get back to normal for Daniel and Shade.
Nice one Kimberly...
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
LightQueen:
My Daniel, not your Daniel grin
Please I don't have the time to argue, Daniel is mine alone.
PS: I'm more dangerous than Naomi
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
zyzxx:
eeeeh 'my Daniel ' lol grin

Truly Josh will prove that Daniel has a chance of giving birth, but I won't want another person to father Josh jare

Kimberlywest come and give me my own baby also o
queenitee don have her Daniel

Happy Weekend ma'am
grin grin grin I wish you the same. Your own baby is coming soon

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
queenitee:
Please I don't have the time to argue, Daniel is mine alone. PS: I'm more dangerous than Naomi
Hahaha.. Dangerous mama wink
Re: Ghost Of The Past by chigozie1010: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
Feed me more...I am still trying to comprehend how this story will end. Keep the good work. Nice story milady.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by chigozie1010: 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
queenitee:

Please I don't have the time to argue, Daniel is mine alone.
PS: I'm more dangerous than Naomi

Which Daniel? See as una dey fit for man wey no fit do something...
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 7:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
queenitee:

grin grin grin I wish you the same. Your own baby is coming soon
i can't wait. What should her name be self ... cool
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 7:42pm On Jan 26, 2019
LightQueen:
Hahaha.. Dangerous mama wink
Very grin grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2019
zyzxx:
i can't wait. What should her name be self ... cool
Veronica Or Gwen
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
queenitee:

Veronica Or Gwen
lol, how did u come about those names?
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
zyzxx:
lol, how did u come about those names?
I dunno myself.
Veronica is from one ticket and Gwen......Maybe Merlin

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2019
The story is almost coming to an end. Thanks for the support.

Chapter 13

With the issue with her mum settled, Shade was at peace with her self. Her mum had forgiven her and even suggested that the kid come live with her. Shade happily agreed to that and the evening of the next day, she brought Olu to his grandma, she was delighted to see him, Ayomide also came with them and apologized for all his wrongdoings and everything...almost everything went back to normal.

All that was left, was the answer to the ultimate question, the way forward.

She had been battling with the thought for the past one week.

Ayomide was all nice, like he used to before he left her. She had been keenly observing him to see if she would notice any abnormal or strange behavior but none of that had happened. No doubt that she still loved him earnestly and he the same.

The previous night, after thorough thinking, she had decided on doing something that she thought would give her an idea of what to do.

As she waitedly silently for Daniel to return from a meeting with his business partners. She wondered if she was doing the right thing.

She nervously packed her bags and just when she was putting in the last clothe in the box, she heard Daniel drive in.

She quickly closed the box and put it away.

"Welcome sweetheart, how did it go?"

"Very fine. Much more than expected." he explained.

Later on, she served him his food and after they had watched one or two TV programmes, she decided it was time to let him know of her decision, after all, he's been the one asking to know what she had decided.

"Baby," she started once they had laid down to rest for the day. "I finally decided on what to do." she muttered, praying inwardly for him to accept it.

"What did you decide and just so you know," he held her hand. "whatever decision you make, I promise to support you."

She heaved a sigh of relief. That promise from the two men involved was a welcomed development.

"Well...well..."

"Just say it," Daniel prompted. "I already made a promise."

Reassured, Shade finally said what has been on her mind. "I've decided that we go our separate ways" she paused as his body went stiff. "just for now. I really need to clear my head a bit and make a tangible decision. "

"Are you sure of this?"

"I've thought of it for long now and I decided it's the only thing I need to do for now."

"Where are you going and what about your work?"

"Just somewhere that nobody would interfere at least to clear my head and as for work, I think I will quit. I have actually been applying for other ones that will give me some 'me' time."

Daniel was pleased to hear that. He really didn't like that job for her and she refused to stop working and stay at home. That decision he respected.

"Alright. I support you and if you need money or anything. Just know I'm here."

Not like he had any option. Not many women would be willing to live with man who can't give them a child. He would strike some people as foolish but he knew it would only take a miracle to find a genuine woman to live with him.

Shade was so glad within her. She had expected a positive response and attitude but not to this extent. Daniel was heaven sent, just like she always believed.
What did she do to deserve this man?

Daniel was ready for any decision she made, frankly her going away for 'now' would also help him think things through and make a decision.

Shade was excited. Before she met Daniel, she could swear that men like him didn't exist at least not on planet earth. How could a man be so close to perfect. Money, he had it in large quantities, he was handsome beyond measure, his kindness was out of this world and he had a large and understanding heart. He never questioned your decision. All he would ask was 'are you sure you're making the right decision?" once you say yes, you have his support. The only taint to his perfect self was that no child would inherit such perfect traits. She's never heard him yell at anybody nor pick a fight nor engaged in meaningless argument. She wondered why someone would abandon such perfect creature?

Their loss any way.

Naomi and her accomplice couldn't stop jubilating over their latest achievement. Just like the others, it had gone so well like the universe was working in their favour.

The unsuspecting victim had agreed to all they said, thinking It's in his favour.

Naomi grinned when she remembered the killer statement.

"...she always talks about how you've been so nice to her and how much she would love to be with someone like you. I just thought I should share cuz I see nothing wrong with it since you're so single and I guess, searching also.

That did it, he thanked her for being a wonderful friend and for her support without knowing she had an ulterior motive.

"Very soon. I will have Daniel on his knees begging." Alex shouted in a dark theatrical voice.

"Hahahahahaha," Naomi added.

Alex laughed, walked to her and held her by the waist.

"fifty percent of that man's wealth would go a long way and that's exactly what I would do. By the time I'm done with him. He will know that there's more than meets the eye. And," he paused and looked dreamily into her eyes. "I'm only settling for fifty percent because of you."
She smiled and winked at him. "Go for any percentage you want. I just want Daniel and maybe some of his money."

"Good girl." he muttered and their lips met and the rest of the day was spent in bed, celebrating.

Tears almost fell from Daniel's eyes the next day when Shade took her bag and left the house. He knew he was bound to feel bad having spent the past one and a half year of his life with her as his wife but he had no idea that he would feel bad to the point of crying. He had never cried, not even when his parents died in that car crash.

Sympathy was his thing not crying but seeing her pack her bag into the car and drive away brought tears to his eyes.
The rest of that day, he spent it in his room, on the bed, being emotional and thinking about his life.

Shade couldn't stop crying as she drove away from the only home she had known for the past one year.

Suddenly, she wasn't so sure of what she was doing anymore.

She had thought she was doing the right thing until that point. Daniel had stood at a spot watching her pack until she entered her car and drove away. She could tell he was pained. His expression showed it.
As she parked her car outside Olive hotel, she prayed to heaven to help her make the right decision.

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by damselposh(f): 10:15am On Jan 28, 2019
And I have missed a lot

Well done Kim

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Weakness Or Strength? A Must Read Motivational Story!!!!! / Diary Of A Psycho Girlfriend ...a Romance Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.