Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours (10941 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Things That Religious Or Church People Do To Medical Doctors . / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
TRUTH from who! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is it the TRUTH that's based on whatever you think as well as whatever someone in another place assumed? wink wink wink

Truth is what comports to reality which you just demonstrated. I made a statement, you came to oppose it but instead ended up verifying it. Why would you oppose what you know is true already?
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 12, 2019
Another one according to the deluded JW - ONLY 144,000 faithful Christians go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God at the end times.

Almost ALL mankind will not make heaven according to the JW and that includes TATIME grin.

More ludicrousness from the followers of religion.

5 Likes

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by orisa37: 9:47am On Jan 12, 2019
The sw, se, ss and cs will soon come out of The Fulanis' Egypt and cross Buhari's Red Sea.
Abacha died unsong. Same Fate is threatening Nigeria now. Theists are charitable. They worship, love and hunger always for the Bread of Life(Spirits).
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 12, 2019
LordReed:

Truth is what comports to reality which you just demonstrated. I made a statement, you came to oppose it but instead ended up verifying it. Why would you oppose what you know is true already?
Hmmmmmmmmm i already know where you're driving at,that's why i checkmated you there! wink wink wink
God said kill NOT for the fun of it or to get rid of people but because they're going against their own intellect!
By that time,people fear whoever is having the backing of the deities as in ready to obey whatever such a person or group of persons demands. But most of the inhabitants of Canaan after knowing that all the gods in Egypt (the most feared nation then as in world power) put together can't stand before the God of Israel,they're now forming allies to stand in HIS way!
Of course they're not worth living since they're kicking against what they all knew as normal!
Egyptians feared so much that they gave all their golds to the Israelites at demand!
Rahab surrendered with all her household!
The Gileadites surrendered, begging for just a portion to stay!
So all those who refused to surrender aren't fit to live. They will have deserted the place if it's Egyptians forces that they heard was approaching,but they underestimated the Israelites who are just been released from slavery WITHOUT A FIGHT! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2019
frosbel2:
Another one according to the deluded JW - ONLY 144,000 faithful Christians go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God at the end times.
Almost ALL mankind will not make heaven according to the JW and that includes TATIME grin.
More ludicrousness from the followers of religion.
That's not something strange Sir.
About 40 years ago Lagos was the capital of Nigeria. Today everything has been moved to Abuja. smiley smiley
Jerusalem was the sit of King David and that's where God's kingdom government supposed to be NOT heaven! But Israelites profane Jerusalem and it's Temple by shedding innocent blood of God's holy prophets and finally HIS only begotten son. embarassed embarassed embarassed
So the sit of God's government must be changed, that's why Jesus said those who will be selected to rule with him will be transformed into spirit beings and go to heaven where He is going to PREPARE for them.
Babangida changed Nigeria's government house from Lagos to Abuja and all Senators and Rep's must join him there,even though these are chosen from different states in Nigeria! wink wink wink
But note that other Nigerians are still living in their respective destinations as SUBJECTS of that government (Kingdom as Bible puts it). So while earth's inhabitants remains on earth it's those ruling team that are going to heaven. Any more questions? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
What do you expect? That i should be restricted to a document that you don't regard? Come on! You're a scholar from a faculty that teaches people reliance on intellect!
So let's test how beneficial your accumulated info could be to yourself and others! wink wink wink
I admire your confidence in christianity smiley. Hopefully this means you can help me answer these questions
* Why does geography seem to have far more to do with one's religious choice than actual free will?
* How can you say God loves and cares about everyone if some people suffer while others prosper?
* Even if we assume that one particular religion is true, doesn't the existence of many religions at least prove that mankind likes to make up religious stories, and that people have a tendency to believe them? How do you know yours isn't one of those?
* If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
* If Adam and Eve only knew good and evil after eating the fruit, then why did God assume when he told them not to eat it that they knew it was "wrong"?
* Why do we inherit sin from our ancestors, but salvation has to be an individual choice?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why do you need to pray to him?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why does he need to test us?
* If god is omnibenevolent, (All Loving) why did he create evil? In Isaiah 45:7 the scripture reads as follows: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
* Please explain the difference between a "Claim" and "Evidence" and after doing so, please show me the evidence for your god.
Some of these questions might look easy to answer but they're not as easy as you think. I've seen you, TATIME, running your mouth in this thread for quite some time. I'd appreciate it if you answer the above questions with perfect honesty. Please for both our sakes dont dodge them grin.
PS Oh,... and please don't revert to quoting scriptures for me. You should know by now that atheists, including myself, don't take that waste of ink and paper seriously wink

In fact you inspired me to create a forum 4 this. I'd appreciate you answering the questions here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4955808/ten-questions-christians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 11:16am On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmm i already know where you're driving at,that's why i checkmated you there! wink wink wink
God said kill NOT for the fun of it or to get rid of people but because they're going against their own intellect!
By that time,people fear whoever is having the backing of the deities as in ready to obey whatever such a person or group of persons demands. But most of the inhabitants of Canaan after knowing that all the gods in Egypt (the most feared nation then as in world power) put together can't stand before the God of Israel,they're now forming allies to stand in HIS way!
Of course they're not worth living since they're kicking against what they all knew as normal!
Egyptians feared so much that they gave all their golds to the Israelites at demand!
Rahab surrendered with all her household!
The Gileadites surrendered, begging for just a portion to stay!
So all those who refused to surrender aren't fit to live. They will have deserted the place if it's Egyptians forces that they heard was approaching,but they underestimated the Israelites who are just been released from slavery WITHOUT A FIGHT! wink wink wink

In your mind checkmating is the same as confirming. LMFAO!

So that justifies killing babies and other non combatants? LoL. Y'all be crazy. LMFAO!

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

I admire your confidence in christianity smiley. Hopefully this means you can help me answer these questions
* Why does geography seem to have far more to do with one's religious choice than actual free will?
* How can you say God loves and cares about everyone if some people suffer while others prosper?
* Even if we assume that one particular religion is true, doesn't the existence of many religions at least prove that mankind likes to make up religious stories, and that people have a tendency to believe them? How do you know yours isn't one of those?
* If everyone actually believes in the Christian god, why would highly religious non-Christians purposefully following the wrong religion, especially when that religion is more strict or just as strict as any sect of Christianity?
* If Adam and Eve only knew good and evil after eating the fruit, then why did God assume when he told them not to eat it that they knew it was "wrong"?
* Why do we inherit sin from our ancestors, but salvation has to be an individual choice?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why do you need to pray to him?
* If god is omniscient, (all knowing), why does he need to test us?
* If god is omnibenevolent, (All Loving) why did he create evil? In Isaiah 45:7 the scripture reads as follows: "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
* Please explain the difference between a "Claim" and "Evidence" and after doing so, please show me the evidence for your god.
Some of these questions might look easy to answer but they're not as easy as you think. I've seen you, TATIME, running your mouth in this thread for quite some time. I'd appreciate it if you answer the above questions with perfect honesty. Please for both our sakes dont dodge them grin.
PS Oh,... and please don't revert to quoting scriptures for me. You should know by now that atheists, including myself, don't take that waste of ink and paper seriously wink
Sincerely speaking, your questions are the most simplest of all that TRUE Christians do answer in the field ministry!
But i'll like you to know that our God has commissioned a teaching program going on globally now. So all your questions will be ADEQUATELY answered by any of my Christian brothers and sisters, that is if you permit them to speak with you!
But i'll answer TWO of your questions, not because of you alone but also for the interest of other followers who might be having doubts as to whether TRUE Christians can answer all their questions!
*Geography has little to do regarding ones choice of religion. Today you're typing on a gadget over there in the language of some inhabitants of far away lands called England. If you're speaking, dressing, eating and setting some standards in line with what these foreigners from that far distance does,how come you think worship should differ?
The world is becoming a global village and we're now seeing, hearing one another from one end of the earth to the other end,therefore it's not Geography Sir/Ma but rather it's CHOICE!
*God wanted everyone to enjoy life to the full but mankind's decision to be independent has led to our present state. Most people despises EQUITY,quite few are indifferent towards equal rights while a minute number truly cares for the needs of other as in putting other people's interest ahead of theirs.God won't just kill people for their mindset, there must be warning before any reasonable ruler could justifiably evict rebellious inhabitants no matter what they does. So HE sends representatives to educate people on EQUAL RIGHTS and JUSTICE.
Other questions will be answered if you welcome my brothers and sisters in your home for tactful discussions about "What has this so called God been doing all these while?"
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 12, 2019
I am starting to believe that this debate will never end.
TATIME is really taking our time.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 12, 2019
LordReed:

In your mind checkmating is the same as confirming. LMFAO!

So that justifies killing babies and other non combatants? LoL. Y'all be crazy. LMFAO!
You call them babies, but God calls you,me and any other humans DUST because that's from where HE formed us. And you too confirms that according to what science thought you based on those organic stuff and so on. cheesy cheesy cheesy
So what makes the difference is when these so called "dust" does things that excites HIM, then HE sees them as those who supposed to continue living FOREVER!
You though don't have any problem with that since you feel life should just be a BORN TO DIE thing, so what difference does it now makes to you if people die? After all they're still going to die whether at birth,creche,teenage,youth or oldage. You're fully convinced that people are BORN TO DIE! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 12, 2019
HellVictorinho:
I am starting to believe that this debate will never end.
TATIME is really taking our time.
OUR TIME!
I don't see you as one of those who has the intellect to reason at all,you're just a fool who feels he should be spewing some rubbish in the air while others swallow without a bleep. Abeg pack one side joh!
If you're not unquestionably STUPID, by now you should have known that your comrades are seeing or noticing something totally different from what they use to see in misinformed churchgoers who will just be quoting a document that your folks doesn't revere.
True Christians follows you to any level to prove that our God is the source of unchallenged WISDOM!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 11:39am On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
You call them babies, but God calls you,me and any other humans DUST because that's from where HE formed us. And you too confirms that according to what science thought you based on those organic stuff and so on. cheesy cheesy cheesy
So what makes the difference is when these so called "dust" does things that excites HIM, then HE sees them as those who supposed to continue living FOREVER!
You though don't have any problem with that since you feel life should just be a BORN TO DIE thing, so what difference does it now makes to you if people die? After all they're still going to die whether at birth,creche,teenage,youth or oldage. You're fully convinced that people are BORN TO DIE! wink wink wink

LMFAO! So the justification for killing them is that they are dust? LMFAO!

Gosh I didn't know you are this dense. LMFAO!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
Sincerely speaking, your questions are the most simplest of all that TRUE Christians do answer in the field ministry!
But i'll like you to know that our God has commissioned a teaching program going on globally now. So all your questions will be ADEQUATELY answered by any of my Christian brothers and sisters, that is if you permit them to speak with you!
But i'll answer TWO of your questions, not because of you alone but also for the interest of other followers who might be having doubts as to whether TRUE Christians can answer all their questions!
Are you a joker? grin. TATIME, I want YOU to answer ALL the questions. If truly you have zero doubts about your religion, I want you to answer all of them. Don't chicken out. I know your type lmao grin grin.

TATIME:
*Geography has little to do regarding ones choice of religion. Today you're typing on a gadget over there in the language of some inhabitants of far away lands called England. If you're speaking, dressing, eating and setting some standards in line with what these foreigners from that far distance does,how come you think worship should differ?
The world is becoming a global village and we're now seeing, hearing one another from one end of the earth to the other end,therefore it's not Geography Sir/Ma but rather it's CHOICE!
LOL!! You missed the question by a country mile. This is not even what I remotely meant by the question.
The influence of religion is clearly geographical (that is, cultural). If you're an American, you are likely to be a Christian. If you were born in Saudi Arabia, you are likely to be a Muslim. If the goal is to believe the truth, then let's hope you were born in the right country. And guess what, you were! And so were they! Lucky you and lucky them.
This is exactly how you would expect religions to evolve if there is no God.
How many Christians or Muslims (to pick 2) have earnestly and in detail investigated the other's religious tenets and concluded with intellectual honesty that their religion is the right one? Very few. In the vase majority of cases, you believe your religion because your parents and friends did. It's comfortable. It's what you know.
Conclusion: The geographical (cultural) influence invalidates an individual's embrace of that religion if they have made no honest attempt at exploring other options. So, I ask again: Why is it this way?

TATIME:
*God wanted everyone to enjoy life to the full but mankind's decision to be independent has led to our present state. Most people despises EQUITY,quite few are indifferent towards equal rights while a minute number truly cares for the needs of other as in putting other people's interest ahead of theirs.God won't just kill people for their mindset, there must be warning before any reasonable ruler could justifiably evict rebellious inhabitants no matter what they does. So HE sends representatives to educate people on EQUAL RIGHTS and JUSTICE.
Other questions will be answered if you welcome my brothers and sisters in your home for tactful discussions about "What has this so called God been doing all these while?"
You didn't clarify which question you were responding to here so I can't give any rebuttal.
TATIME, I want clear and direct answers.
I made a thread for these questions. You can come answer them here. smiley

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! So the justification for killing them is that they are dust? LMFAO!

Gosh I didn't know you are this dense. LMFAO!
Yes much more dense than you can imagine! After all you don't believe in the documents, so why trying to quote it when you're not ready to see reasons with the author?
I'm sorry, if you believe in BORN TO DIE and you know people die through so many means,i wonder why you're so keen on people fighting over land issues when the weak supposed to vacate the premises for the strong! wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by LordReed(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
Yes much more dense than you can imagine! After all you don't believe in the documents, so why trying to quote it when you're not ready to see reasons with the author?
I'm sorry, if you believe in BORN TO DIE and you know people die through so many means,i wonder why you're so keen on people fighting over land issues when the weak supposed to vacate the premises for the strong! wink wink wink

SMH! LMFAO!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Are you a joker? grin. TATIME, I want YOU to answer ALL the questions. If truly you have zero doubts about your religion, I want you to answer all of them. Don't chicken out. I know your type lmao grin grin.

LOL!! You missed the question by a country mile. This is not even what I remotely meant by the question.
The influence of religion is clearly geographical (that is, cultural). If you're an American, you are likely to be a Christian. If you were born in Saudi Arabia, you are likely to be a Muslim. If the goal is to believe the truth, then let's hope you were born in the right country. And guess what, you were! And so were they! Lucky you and lucky them.
This is exactly how you would expect religions to evolve if there is no God.
How many Christians or Muslims (to pick 2) have earnestly and in detail investigated the other's religious tenets and concluded with intellectual honesty that their religion is the right one? Very few. In the vase majority of cases, you believe your religion because your parents and friends did. It's comfortable. It's what you know.
Conclusion: The geographical (cultural) influence invalidates an individual's embrace of that religion if they have made no honest attempt at exploring other options. So, I ask again: Why is it this way?

You didn't clarify which question you were responding to here so I can't give any rebuttal.
I've answered your questions but it's like you didn't understand my half baked grammar, so i'm sorry for that.
So let me say people do choose what they want to believe and keep passing it on to other generations, that's the cause of each continent having a specific religion dominating it. But gradually true worship is penetrating despite the difference in culture and distance today. Jehovah's Witnesses are making honest hearted persons recognise PURE worship and we're now worshiping the same way just as it should be! Below are the pictures of how PURE worship has penetrated different continent, cutting across divers cultures and languages! Just say welcome to REAL Christianity!

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
I've answered your questions but it's like you didn't understand my half baked grammar, so i'm sorry for that.
So let me say people do choose what they want to believe and keep passing it on to other generations, that's the cause of each continent having a specific religion dominating it. But gradually true worship is penetrating despite the difference in culture and distance today. Jehovah's Witnesses are making honest hearted persons recognise PURE worship and we're now worshiping the same way just as it should be! Below are the pictures of how PURE worship has penetrated different continent, cutting across divers cultures and languages! Just say welcome to REAL Christianity!
So how do you conclude that Christianity is the true religion? Religions like Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Judaism to name just a few are older than Christianity as a religion. So by your logic, does this mean than Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism and the likes, are more likely to be true than Christianity? What makes you believe in Christianity but not Judaism?

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Are you a joker? You didn't clarify which question you were responding to here so I can't give any rebuttal.
The second question was "Why so much suffering while some are having the best in life?
So i've also addressed that, it's mankind's selfishness that's causing that!
God wants everyone to be equal as in material things but GREED is killing majority of humans, as they're trying to accumulate even things that they don't need! But God won't kill them without a warning, that's why we're going about telling them that EQUITY is coming so everyone should be prepared because objectors will be EXTERMINATED!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
The second question was "Why so much suffering while some are having the best in life?
So i've also addressed that, it's mankind's selfishness that's causing that!
God wants everyone to be equal as in material things but GREED is killing majority of humans, as they're trying to accumulate even things that they don't need! But God won't kill them without a warning, that's why we're going about telling them that EQUITY is coming so everyone should be prepared because objectors will be EXTERMINATED!
Makes no sense.
God is supposedly omnibenevolent and omnipotent. A lot of this suffering human beings are actually devoted christians who live their lives according to their means. It has nothing to do with greed and selfishness. That is a logical fallacy.
You've still not answered this question.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

So how do you conclude that Christianity is the true religion? Religions like Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Judaism to name just a few are older than Christianity as a religion. So by your logic, does this mean than Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism and the likes, are more likely to be true than Christianity? What makes you believe in Christianity but not Judaism?
They may claim to be OLDER,it's just a pity that the ONLY logic to settle that is what your folks are questioning now!
If there is a dispute over the ownership of a land,the judges will demand for the HISTORY of that particular land and whoever knows the origin of the first settlers is the rightful owner!
Let them claim to be OLDER than Christianity, but let them answer how man got here? If they're truthfully older than Christianity. Note that Christianity is just a CONTINUATION of an ancient form of worship!
So don't think it just began when Jesus was born, for He said "i've not come to abolish what has been established but to fulfill it", therefore let them present better explanations on all the topics that the Bible has mentioned!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
They may claim to be OLDER,it's just a pity that the ONLY logic to settle that is what your folks are questioning now!
If there is a dispute over the ownership of a land,the judges will demand for the HISTORY of that particular land and whoever knows the origin of the first settlers is the rightful owner!
Let them claim to be OLDER than Christianity, but let them answer how man got here? If they're truthfully older than Christianity. Note that Christianity is just a CONTINUATION of an ancient form of worship!
So don't think it just began when Jesus was born, for He said "i've not come to abolish what has been established but to fulfill it", therefore let them present better explanations on all the topics that the Bible has mentioned!
Its not a claim. These are FACTS
https://theculturetrip.com/asia/articles/the-8-oldest-religions-in-the-world/
There are 8 religions in total confirmed to be older than Christianity. There are possibly more but they weren't specified in that link. Besides, do you have any proof that these religions are NOT older than Christianity?
Not to mention Christianity is actually an off shoot of Judaism:

"The foundation for all other Abrahamic religions, and the oldest monotheism still around (though by no means the first – that is alleged to be a variation on ancient Egyptian faith called Atenism, which disappeared in the 14th century BCE), Judaism originated in the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, which first appeared in the Levant around the 9th century BCE. The religion morphed into its current form in the 6th century BCE, evolving from the worship of a state god based in a polytheistic worldview into that of a one ‘true’ God, codified in the Bible. If it is today followed by an estimated 11–14 million people, its two successor faiths – Christianity (1st century CE) and Islam (7th century CE) – are the world’s most popular, with a combined 3.8 billion adherents."

Why are you not a Judaist?

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Makes no sense.
God is supposedly omnibenevolent and omnipotent. A lot of this suffering human beings are actually devoted christians who live their lives according to their means. It has nothing to do with greed and selfishness. That is a logical fallacy.
You've still not answered this question.
There you go again! OMNI this OMNI that,was taught by MISINFORMED churchgoers, NOT true Christians! For your information, God never arranged for anyone to be RICH so that this one will take care of the POOR. It's man's decision that led to our present state. When Jesus was with His disciples, they were still following that man-made tradition of saying the RICH should take care of the POOR, but Jesus told them "it's OK, you'll always have the POOR with you so treat them as you can", after His departure His disciples tried to help the POOR amongst them by selling things so that both the RICH and the POOR could share things EQUALLY but the whole thing CRASHED as a couple tried to hide part of the money and that was the end of that arrangement! The early Christians immediately realized that EQUITY is not possible now,but when God's kingdom comes.
Our first parents Adam and Eve wanted to be like God as in deciding what others will eat,where,live and how long they'll work before getting some rest, that's what is happening right now. But God is set to restructure everything!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Its not a claim. These are FACTS
https://theculturetrip.com/asia/articles/the-8-oldest-religions-in-the-world/
There are 8 religions in total confirmed to be older than Christianity. There are possibly more but they weren't specified in that link. Besides, do you have any proof that these religions are NOT older than Christianity?
Not to mention Christianity is actually an off shoot of Judaism:

"The foundation for all other Abrahamic religions, and the oldest monotheism still around (though by no means the first – that is alleged to be a variation on ancient Egyptian faith called Atenism, which disappeared in the 14th century BCE), Judaism originated in the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, which first appeared in the Levant around the 9th century BCE. The religion morphed into its current form in the 6th century BCE, evolving from the worship of a state god based in a polytheistic worldview into that of a one ‘true’ God, codified in the Bible. If it is today followed by an estimated 11–14 million people, its two successor faiths – Christianity (1st century CE) and Islam (7th century CE) – are the world’s most popular, with a combined 3.8 billion adherents."

Why are you not a Judaist?
Judaism is not what God gave Moses Sir! Judaism began after the Jews returned from Babylonian exile.
I so much appreciate the fact that you're quoting books and books but i wonder how you come to BELIEVE what those books says about their HISTORY! undecided undecided undecided
But i thought you don't believe in documents written by humans claiming what you can't SEE,so do you now believe these documents because you're an EYEWITNESS of what they penned down or you just want to place them beside the Bible in other to push everything into the waste basket? wink wink wink
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
There you go again! OMNI this OMNI that,was taught by MISINFORMED churchgoers, NOT true Christians! For your information, God never arranged for anyone to be RICH so that this one will take care of the POOR. It's man's decision that led to our present state. When Jesus was with His disciples, they were still following that man-made tradition of saying the RICH should take care of the POOR, but Jesus told them "it's OK, you'll always have the POOR with you so treat them as you can", after His departure His disciples tried to help the POOR amongst them by selling things so that both the RICH and the POOR could share things EQUALLY but the whole thing CRASHED as a couple tried to hide part of the money and that was the end of that arrangement! The early Christians immediately realized that EQUITY is not possible now,but when God's kingdom comes.
Our first parents Adam and Eve wanted to be like God as in deciding what others will eat,where,live and how long they'll work before getting some rest, that's what is happening right now. But God is set to restructure everything!
LMAO!! First of all, calm down grin grin. Its not a fight lol. Second of all, how do you define God's characteristics then, because I'm very sure, according to your bible, God is a tri-omni being.

He IS omniscient
Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.

1 John 3:20
in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

Psalm 139:1-4
Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

Matthew 10:30
"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

Psalm 147:4
He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to all of them.

Hebrews 4:13
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Psalm 139:1-3
O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

Psalm 44:21
Would not God find this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart.

He IS omnipotent
Jeremiah 32:17
‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

Job 42:2
“I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

John 1:3
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Luke 18:27
But he said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

Isaiah 45:7
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Genesis 1:1-31
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ...

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Numbers 23:19
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

Luke 1:37
For nothing will be impossible with God.”

He IS omnibenevolent
Psalm 145:17
The Lord is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Romans 10:1-21
Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. ...

Genesis 1:31
And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

TATIME:
There you go again! OMNI this OMNI that,was taught by MISINFORMED churchgoers, NOT true Christians!
Clearly, you're the one who's wrong.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 12, 2019
TATIME:
Judaism is not what God gave Moses Sir! Judaism began after the Jews returned from Babylonian exile.
I so much appreciate the fact that you're quoting books and books but i wonder how you come to BELIEVE what those books says about their HISTORY! undecided undecided undecided
But i thought you don't believe in documents written by humans claiming what you can't SEE,so do you now believe these documents because you're an EYEWITNESS of what they penned down or you just want to place them beside the Bible in other to push everything into the waste basket? wink wink wink
Well, unlike the bible which constantly fails to provide verifiable evidence, there is verifiable evidence of Judaism being older than Christianity. Note how I use "verifiable" in the previous sentences.
Mind you I lack belief in ANY religion. But, It is a FACT. Judaism is the father of Islam and Christianity.
1208 BCE - date when the Merneptah Stele was created, which contains the earliest extra-biblical, archeological reference to “Israel”, the Jewish patriarch and the namesake of the Jewish nation. Judaism is believed to have started even earlier than this time.
1st century CE - Christianity begins as a break-away sect of Judaism, with Jesus being a Jewish person living in the Second Temple period. Christianity incorporates the canonical texts of Judaism in the “Old Testament” as well as adds its own “New Testament”.
7th century CE - Muhammad founds Islam, influenced by Jewish and Christian sources. Islam incorporates both Jesus as well as Jewish prophets in the Quran, the canonical text of Islam, though the texts of Judaism and Christianity are not incorporated directly.
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2019
@TATIME, can I add how amusing it is that you are struggling to answer just two questions, and you've not even commenced the other eight? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
@TATIME, can I add how amusing it is that you are struggling to answer just two questions, and you've not even commenced the other eight? grin grin grin
Your questions are too much for his head despite the fact that they are C.R.S questions.
And for a supposed knowledgeable Bible scholar, what a goddamn irony!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LMAO!! First of all, calm down grin grin. Its not a fight lol. Second of all, how do you define God's characteristics then, because I'm very sure, according to your bible, God is a tri-omni being.

He IS omniscient
Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.

1 John 3:20
in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

Psalm 139:1-4
Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

Matthew 10:30
"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

Psalm 147:4
He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to all of them.

Hebrews 4:13
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Psalm 139:1-3
O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

Psalm 44:21
Would not God find this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart.

He IS omnipotent
Jeremiah 32:17
‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

Job 42:2
“I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.

John 1:3
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Luke 18:27
But he said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

Genesis 1:1-31
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. ...

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Numbers 23:19
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

Luke 1:37
For nothing will be impossible with God.”

He IS omnibenevolent
Psalm 145:17
The Lord is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Romans 10:1-21
Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. ...

Genesis 1:31
And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Clearly, you're the one who's wrong.
Wow! You're interpreting the Bible! That's awesome!
Pease you can read very well but try to have the interest of the author at heart first so that you'll not be saying what HE didn't have in mind!
For instance, God wants everyone to enjoy life to the full. But not when many are making things difficult for the meek ones. That's the main reason for the extermination that we've been reading about in the past! OMNI this OMNI that will confuse the reader,misdirecting their minds towards the wrong conclusion! The way you're interpreting it now is like HE should be able to solve the problem even with the evildoers still in the system, whereas the stories reveals that HE destroys those who wouldn't want HIS will be done! So how come you're now expecting otherwise? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
You talk like a child, no offense.
TATIME:
Wow! You're interpreting the Bible! That's awesome!
Yes. Apparently it seems I'm more well versed in it than you seeing as you don't believe God is a tri-omni being. cheesy grin

TATIME:
Pease you can read very well but try to have the interest of the author at heart first so that you'll not be saying what HE didn't have in mind!
LMAO. I'm glad you said this. I hope that as we continue discussing, you take your own advice. smiley

TATIME:
For instance, God wants everyone to enjoy life to the full. But not when many are making things difficult for the meek ones. That's the main reason for the extermination that we've been reading about in the past!
If I may ask, these people you describe as "making things difficult for the meek ones", was it God that created them? Answer objectively.

TATIME:
OMNI this OMNI that will confuse the reader,misdirecting their minds towards the wrong conclusion! The way you're interpreting it now is like HE should be able to solve the problem even with the evildoers still in the system, whereas the stories reveals that HE destroys those who wouldn't want HIS will be done! So how come you're now expecting otherwise? embarassed embarassed embarassed
[img]https://media./images/7a059e812ebbac916587a247f96bda1a/tenor.gif[/img]
LMAO!! With all the mouth you've been making in this thread, I thought you'd be a very knowledgeable bible scholar.
In as much as I don't believe the bible, YOU believe it. And as I've already shown in the above passages, the bible that YOU believe, states that God is a tri omni being. The conclusion is clear indeed. I'm not misinterpreting anything. He SHOULD know the problem before hand AND be able to solve all the problems. You say he destroys those who disobey his will, but who is the author of their destiny if not God. God has already predetermined their destinies to be evil doers. Your response here makes no sense.
Shey u said the questions are very easy? Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LMAO!! With all the mouth you've been making in this thread, I thought you'd be a very knowledgeable bible scholar.
In as much as I don't believe the bible, YOU believe it. And as I've already shown in the above passages, the bible that YOU believe, states that God is a tri omni being. The conclusion is clear indeed. I'm not misinterpreting anything. He SHOULD know the problem before hand AND be able to solve all the problems. You say he destroys those who disobey his will, but who is the author of their destiny if not God. God has already predetermined their destinies to be evil doers. Your response here makes no sense.
Shey u said the questions are very easy? Lol grin

The OMNIs are misinterpretation of what the book says. You're accusing and simultaneously judging HIM without a fair hearing! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Of course if HE had ALREADY predestined them to do good or bad,would they have a choice? Deuteronomy 30:19 undecided undecided undecided
That's why i said misinformed churchgoers have filled your minds with so much junks that you no more care to listen to the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of the documents! smiley smiley smiley
I'm sorry, you've been discussing with the arrogant churchgoers who thought they understood the inspired writings but in the actual fact,they're enemies of the author! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
You talk like a child, no offense.
If I may ask, these people you describe as "making things difficult for the meek ones", was it God that created them? Answer objectives
There's NO offense in expression of thoughts, it's when you purposely intends hurting others verbally that's offensive!
Yes God Created Adam and Eve,HE gave them the freewill to decide what they'll like to do e.g food,drinks,games,hobbies even any sex styles of their choice but when it comes to dealing with the feelings of other intelligent beings they must take in certain instructions so has not to hurt themselves and others!
That's the meaning of FREEWILL, so it's not ABSOLUTE freedom since they still need to learn a lot about their own bodies,environment and the feelings of their yet unborn progenies! If you care to know, that's the significance of the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL!
Re: Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours by MJBOLT: 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2019
Jesus was born poor so that Christians can be rich

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Download Mfm Power Must Change Hands Messages (2009) By Dr. D. K. Olukoya / Father Mbaka Denies Accusing Church & Politicians Of Trying To Kill Him (Video) / Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.