Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,811 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? (6771 Views)

What Would Make You Quit A Relationship?.... / What Would Make You Quit A Relationship? / How To Quit A Relationship With Ease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Chrisdonca(m): 2:56am On Aug 11, 2010
My fellow NL, i really need your help. Pls can some one tell me the best to quit a relationship? Cos i'm a confuse of what to do now.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by misanho: 9:59am On Aug 11, 2010
Just tell her nd give her reasons y u guyz can't b, provided dey r genuine

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by akin101: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2010
dats a very difficult thing to do o,
breakups are always messy
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by xynerise: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2010
Stop calling her/him on phone and she calls ignore it. But why do u want to quit? undecided
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Kennyblues(m): 11:47am On Aug 11, 2010
F uck her friend, she is going to quit the relationship.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Onchedu(m): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2010
In the most disagreeable way. All that peaceful end to relationships is hardly ever effective long term especially when there was sexual contact. Best for Ur future partner that U were at logger heads with Ur ex when u quit or were quit on. At best it's good that u are no more than just acquaintances when the emotions have been processed.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by akin101: 11:53am On Aug 11, 2010
better u have closure
you cant just stop like that unless its a one night lay
cool cool cool
love isnt by force sha,
if you dont feel the same way you used to about her, she should know
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by mrrock: 11:55am On Aug 11, 2010
The company 080 advertising is already offering a service that would help you easily quit an unwanted relationship. They will give you a code to put in your partner's phone so you can listen to the phone conversations of your boy friend, girl friend, wife, husband; anybody. When you listen to their phone conversations sooner or latter you would find out that your partner is having an affair behind your back and that is always a good excuse to end the relationship easily. For more information go to their website http://www.080advertising.com
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by NaijaSisi(f): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2010
misanho:

Just tell her nd give her reasons y u guyz can't b, provided dey r genuine

That's the main thing, communication, it is better for you to tell her, and let her know, rather than just dissappear or ignore her calls etc because for 1) that is just cowards way out, and I personally would find it very annoying and  2) it would at least put her mind to rest to some degree knowin that u were no longer interested in the r/ship rather than allowin her mind to run crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with u.

Just do the right thing and positive consequences would follow.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by hakunajay(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2010
The best way to quit is simple, Just quit!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Ranoscky(m): 11:59am On Aug 11, 2010
Dependin on d state of d relationship now!
If d relationship is not suitable to u den, sit her a$$ down, n explain it to her!  (with reasonable reasons pls!)
But if d relationship is goin on fine buh, u just decided to break up with her maybe b'cos u'v gottin another gurl dat is more attractive n temptin, den i'll advice u to sit ur a$$ down, n rethink b'cos, maybe dat new gurl myt not be a good wyfy material in d future! y am i even xplainin all dis to u wen u didn't even give reason(s) y u want to break up with her. undecided
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by baslone: 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2010
Naija_Sisi:

That's the main thing, communication, it is better for you to tell her, and let her know, rather than just dissappear or ignore her calls etc because for 1) that is just cowards way out, [b]and I personally would find it very annoying [/b]and  2) it would at least put her mind to rest to some degree knowin that u were no longer interested in the r/ship rather than allowin her mind to run crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with u.

Just do the right thing and positive consequences would follow.

Quitting a relationship is always a bitter pill. When it gets
to this part, the way you'll feel doesn't really matter.

Why let emotions creep into it. Head or Tail- Someone has to lose.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by axeman85(m): 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
Agree with her to have an open relationship. but continuing being faithful to each other but at the same time consider other women, and if you find a better option before doing anything with the girl. call her and let her know you have found someone at least she might understand BUT that if she also agree to have an open relationship oooo.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by touchmeder: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2010
whatever you do, dont send an sms, dont call,write a letter or ask a friend to do it for you
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Thespecialone(m): 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
Say you are HIV positive,
the rest will fall into place
you can even produce a fake result for special effects.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Gift4all(m): 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2010
You need to tell us why you want to quit to get the right/best advice that suits your situation.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by kokoye(m): 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2010
If na boy, tell him you missed your period.

If na girl, ask her for money ALL the time. When she don give you di money, then ask for a quickie.

Do this diligently and without repentance.

Your desire will be granted.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by r231(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2010
kokoye:

If na boy, tell him you missed your period.

If na girl, ask her for money ALL the time. When she don give you di money, then ask for a quickie.

Do this diligently and without repentance.

Your desire will be granted.

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by greatc: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2010
just tell her ur mind
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by natasha: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2010
use the famous - its not U its me line. grin grin grin (it works oh).

For real, just communicate preferably in person. Initiate the conversation, and try not to be nasty cos you never know what tomorrow holds.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Omolola1(f): 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2010
communication~
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by kokoye(m): 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2010
Guys, be smart about this . .make the lady break up with you . . . except there is no other way around it.,

Remember a woman scorned can go ahead and date ur boss or benefactor just to show you pepper.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2010
kokoye:

Guys, be smart about this . .make the lady break up with you . . . except there is no other way around it.,

Remember a woman scorned can go ahead and date your boss or benefactor just to show you pepper.

What if the lady in question is the clingy type? I've been there, trust me. even after straffing her friend, she still dey cling.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by Chrisdonca(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
Thank you all for all your contributions. At last i now knw what to do.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by NaijaSisi(f): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
Your most welcome  grin
Hope it goes well  smiley well as well as it can
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by InkedNerd(f): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2010
Just be honest and straightforward, don't beat around the bush.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by baslone: 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2010
I was once "Just being honest and straightforward" and all I got was a sound slap!

Bad part, it was in public- In fact front of a female hostel!!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by InkedNerd(f): 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2010
Awww, so sorry to hear that cry. Sometimes people just can't handle the truth, not to say that her actions were correct. Hitting is never good in that kind of situation.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by kenniology(m): 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2010
Thespecialone:

Say you are HIV positive,
the rest will fall into place
you can even produce a fake result for special effects.
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by InkedNerd(f): 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2010
^^^ As funny as that seems it can produce deadly results.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by kokoye(m): 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2010
mekula:

What if the lady in question is the clingy type? I've been there, trust me. even after straffing her friend, she still dey cling.

Then you move on to her family member.  grin

win win situation for you
Re: What Is The Best Way To Quit A Relationship? by femmy2010(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2010
Simply sit her down and tell how great she has been but that she deserve a much better guy than you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny/awkward Moments During Romance! / Why Christian Women Cheat On Their Man / CHOOSE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.