Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,526 members, 7,865,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? (10838 Views)

What Pen1s Size Do Naija/Nairaland Ladies, You Prefer / Why Do Naija Babes Get Angry When Their Boyfriends Touch Their Hair? / What Do naija Girls Offer In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 02, 2007
But truly our men are being very deceptive and it's just not right.
They don't have to hype and flaunt all these non existent money just to nab a pretty girl.
It's not worth it because sooner or later she'll find out.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by samsilo(m): 12:07am On May 03, 2007
shocked shocked who want try you so. grin.
I just came on briefly , had a long day. I can't help noticing there's a lot of aggression in a lot of posts.Its almost becoming normal.
Have good evening and make person no try youoo!!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 12:07am On May 03, 2007
bless you samsilo.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by samsilo(m): 12:09am On May 03, 2007
Bless you too sis,I am out
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by anusule(m): 12:20am On May 03, 2007
why wont they?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by festacson(m): 12:36am On May 03, 2007
naija girls date people abroad so dat they can pose 4 their friends and finally try 2 make it abroad
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 6:03am On May 03, 2007
davidlan:

At least it does not apply to all guys. We all grew up in the naija culture too so we know what to expect. There is a huge difference between a girl holding out on sex or getting intimate too soon and a chic who just doesnt know what she wants. I've seen a lot of it in my cousins friends. Most of them go on and on behaving like the world revolves around them, when it gets to time to settle down everyone starts complaining that there are no good naija men.

true talk i have seen a lot of naija ladies behave this way , after some years it sure becomes a prayer topic and they hell blame every one for their misfortune , at times like tat they even start assuming they had a generational jinx in their family line, oh women
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 6:11am On May 03, 2007
festacson:

naija girls date people abroad so that they can pose 4 their friends and finally try 2 make it abroad

finally try and make it abroad ke? when they reach there their eyes will clear! [s]when they see the crayfish lives people are living here. [/s]
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by omoge(f): 12:12pm On May 03, 2007
lol @ spoilt,

Crayfish lives? you cracked me o grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by moondust(m): 1:16pm On May 03, 2007
there's only one scientifically proven reason why Nigerian women prefer to date men abroad and :HUNGER
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by tasiana(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2007
thats sooo not true bro! shocked
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by tushgurl(f): 1:36pm On May 03, 2007
dats not true
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by CrazyMan(m): 9:08pm On May 03, 2007
Most of them come form poor homes so they need dollars and pounds sterling form those abroad to survive.

The most annoying thing is that mose Naijas girls can't behave properly in the presence of people living abroad. When they see a white man, they act as if the have seen God himself if you don't hold them properly, they won't mind jumping into him and forcing him to take them out.  angry
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 03, 2007
crazykid:

Most of them come form poor homes so they need dollars and pounds sterling form those abroad to survive.

The most annoying thing is that mose Naijas girls can't behave properly in the presence of people living abroad. When they see a white man, they act as if the have seen God himself if you don't hold them properly, they won't mind jumping into him and forcing him to take them out. angry

Speaking on that topic,I was in naija recently and while at the baggage claims there was this white man with a naija bushmeat that looked like she crawled out of the swamps of Degema all over him.
This girl looked like those women seen on "cops" when they are doing the prostitutes edition.
She wore this obscene sleeveless out fit that he may have picked out from a flea market in South Carolina and she kept clinging on this man like he was about to run away.

I was so embarrased for my fellow woman but my sister felt she had a prized posession in her arms.
This man was no decent looking white man.
He looked like a truck driver that had done hard time in a maximum security prison.

After that sight,I knew our women could do anything for a white man or an Americana.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 4:18am On May 04, 2007
hehehe. it seems both male and female nigerians develop sudden tremors when in white company.they want the whole world to know they are with white people. i dont get it.they need to work on the bad self esteem slavery caused. angry
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 4:56am On May 04, 2007
Not all of us though. Yes it is still a huge issue and its not only limited to Nigerians, Asians are terribly guilty of this too. You need to see the way the girls behave when they manage to snag a date with a white guy. You'd think they'd just gone to heaven and back.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by gbeborun(m): 8:34am On May 04, 2007
been following this thread religiously and i'm really havin a blast.
i just told a friend in naija that i'll be coming home this xmas and guess wot? i don receive over 15 phone numbers and various messages after my guy successfully announced that i'll be coming home. Even old flames have being keeping in touch. I just playfully asked one of them "U knw it's been a while, r u still that hot charming lady?" Guess wot? she just bombarded me with pictures, make i judge for meself. Anyways looking forward to the visit, meanwhile i've decided to share some of the phone numbers with my friends.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by gbeborun(m): 8:43am On May 04, 2007
also me think dating someone outside the shores of naija is a class thingy for some ladies.
Dont blame them either, am already tired of the materialistic and vain girls here in england, naija women na the same thing everywhere. just flash some free cash and those yoruba girls no go leave you. although they do it with some finese i must confess
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by omoge(f): 11:57am On May 04, 2007
You all are right there,

below is a link, read the artcle and the response, quite interesting

http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/717/1/Why-Do-African-Men-Go-Home-to-Marry/Page1.html

gbeborun, haha
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 04, 2007
nice article omoge,let me quote my best part.

As for the men who go in search of these women, well, their mindset has been discussed. What needs to be added is the fact that most are never happy because they got what they never bargained for: stunned, disappointed and underachieving wives who never knew about 40-60-hour work week; women who never knew there are no dollar minting factories down the street, that America is not what they saw in the movies and magazines, that America is not a world of instant riches and glamour. You toil and toil and toil!

The unfamiliar can be mind-sapping, you know. These women see ghosts and dream of “bad-bad-bad-things.” Depression and identity crisis then sets in. Those who can’t cope then leave their husbands and marriage and try to go it alone believing their lots would be better without the “extra baggage.” Big mistake, for most!

As for the men, well, some will plead with, cajole or trick their wives into going into the nursing or CNA profession assuming the women were not already one back home. The nursing profession, they believe, is a sure avenue for making money and living the good life. Be it in Houston, Seattle, Dallas, Miami, New York and every where in between, African nurses abound. They are everywhere working mostly the night and graveyard shifts, toiling day and night and away from their husbands and children just to make ends meet. With no time to smell the roses or to wonder at the beauties that surround them, they become strangers in the world they live in.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Rlst84sale(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2007
@Babyosis

You don study Naijarioloy for America. They should call u Dr Babyosis (P.H.D)
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Rlst84sale(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2007
@Babyosis

You don study Naijarioloy for America. They should call u Dr Babyosis (P.H.D). Wise woman
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 04, 2007
but Rslt,no be true I talk?

By the way that article was by a man,so no be only me see am
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by gbeborun(m): 11:20am On May 05, 2007
@Omoge,
se i'm very correct?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by busygirl(f): 10:58pm On May 05, 2007
@gbeborun, wat is wrong with yoruba girls? una don start again. Anyways, i don't think all the blacks girls here are materialistic. Few ones are very nice and decent. . .Good for all the men that go back home to pick their wives. No matter the location, nigerians are the same everywhere, with individual differences.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by gbeborun(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2007
@busygirl,
yoruba girls are too materialistic, especially in England. dunno why, but it's true,
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by jgirl3: 5:41pm On May 06, 2007
gbeborun, it's not only yoruba girls - it's most girls in general. Don't turn this to some tribalistic kinda s**t. angry
Find other girls (White, Igbo, Jamaican, Hausa, Asian, Ijaw e.t.c) - it doesn't have to be yoruba, so love them or hate them but don't accuse all of them wrongly.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by ifyalways(f): 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2007
Interesting . . .
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by romeo(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2007
ifyalways:

if a realtionship has ben going on before the guy travells out,then there is nothing one can do than to hope and pray for the best out of it.as for the gals loving or claiming to love the "guys from away"aka"ndi away"alais"away boys" better i look at it as something that has to do with ones personality and upbringing.infact its inferiority complex worrying such gals.any girl tha knows her self should know that its not too rosy outside.i mean some of those guys do menial jobs,some live with women old enough to be their mum,some even go as far as living with prostitutes and then come home to be feeling and claiming away for us, away boy my foot !its a pity that we gals sometimes don't think about the end.the guys are all explioters.they promise marriage,visa and just chop awof for the one month or so that they would spend and fiam, they pick race.leaving sorrows,pains and sometimes pregnancy in their trails.the babe is then left to lick her wounds alone.PITY cry

Haba no be so now!!! grin grin

@topic
who no like better thing? some girls are doing what these girls are doing with away boys for free, no money no prospect no love
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by victorian(f): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2007
you are right @Gheorghe, all the females saying otherwise r bluffing; if a dashing guy comes from abroad and woo them , all, i mean allllllllll of them will say YES. And who will reject pounds or dollars thru western union every 2weeks, Absolutely none of them! So girls be realistic! D guy is cute, clean, even the ugly ones. But long distance relationship is not cool at all, she must have a back up, just incase, And the lady shouldnt wedd the guy yet until they are both living abroad. I have a close friend, a 23yrs old babe who has been dating a 26yr old guy on the next street close to hers; as soon the guy finished his youthcorp, he processed his visa and his girlfriend 's own together without marrying her first and travelled with her to london. In a year time she sent pictures of their court wedding and their new born baby; they are living ok, So, those babes who wants to marry yankee guy should wisen up!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by ifyalways(f): 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2007
Funny thread
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Busta(f): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2007
1) money, money, money
2) They can always front for their friends
3) I guess it also boost their self esteem--one way or the other.

finally, naija girls are like zombies. The minute the know u're in yankee or jand, they will stick to u and suck u dry!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tall But Ugly Face Or Short But Pretty Face??? / Vacancy closed / Anal Sex Is Rubbish And Disgusting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.