Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? (10837 Views)

What Pen1s Size Do Naija/Nairaland Ladies, You Prefer / Why Do Naija Babes Get Angry When Their Boyfriends Touch Their Hair? / What Do naija Girls Offer In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:12am On Apr 20, 2007
anyway some naija guys still go home and marry so there's hope yet.  grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by cuteass1(f): 5:14am On Apr 20, 2007
davidylan:

Truthfully many black guys i know would pick a white girl in a heartbeat before they consider a black girl.

spoilt:

they just want to be seen in public with these girls. its like an endorsement or validation of their arrival. its like "see me . im with a white girl" or "i can be with a white girl".

exactly what i had in mind, since i started following the discussion.

in one word: INTIMIDATION

Infact, its all a triangle, or should i say rectangle undecided

some black girls, want "their" strong black bothers, somewhite girls too want the black one because they know their own guys are nothing compared to our "black brothers"

but some of our "so called black brothers" want and need the white girls to "belong", to feel among, when they're walking on the street with a white girl, its as if they should be given a microphone so that no soul will fail to notice his "promotion"
sorry to say this ooh, but atimes when you look at the white girl that your black brother chose over the ro-die-for black sister, you can't help but cry at what "being black" has done to your brother.

and the some of the white guys, don't want the black girls, why? afterall their fellow blacks do not want them, why should the? and you come to see that when a white guy eventually dates a black girl, he takes the prttiest amongst all unlike our brothers cry

as far as the black brother is not dating a white girl just to be "one of them", then its ok,but if its the other way round then its a critical situation ooh!!!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by GNature(m): 5:14am On Apr 20, 2007
spoilt:

i have so many friends here. well read, good jobs, well mannered no men. i mean they cud be invisible to black guys. white guys just think you are a booty call nothing more. they are so sad. cry

@spoilt

Are you referring to Nigerian ladies, African-American ladies or both ?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:15am On Apr 20, 2007
i guess these naija guys are so used to getting everything easily from white women who truly are less inhibited as per their culture (no pun intended) that they no longer know the meaning of playing hard to get. if you dont 'drop" on the first date they accuse you of playing hard to get.its silly.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:15am On Apr 20, 2007
@Gnature
nigerians. are you interested?
im kidding! cool
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:17am On Apr 20, 2007
cute-ass:

some black girls, want "their" strong black bothers, somewhite girls too want the black one because they know their own guys are nothing compared to our "black brothers"

but some of our "so called black brothers" want and need the white girls to "belong", to feel among, when they're walking on the street with a white girl, its as if they should be given a microphone so that no soul will fail to notice his "promotion"
sorry to say this ooh, but atimes when you look at the white girl that your black brother chose over the ro-die-for black sister, you can't help but cry at what "being black" has done to your brother.

and the some of the white guys, don't want the black girls, why? afterall their fellow blacks do not want them, why should the? and you come to see that when a white guy eventually dates a black girl, he takes the prttiest amongst all unlike our brothers cry

as far as the black brother is not dating a white girl just to be "one of them", then its ok,but if its the other way round then its a critical situation ooh!!!

my sister. you nailed it. na real microphone. THANKS
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 5:19am On Apr 20, 2007
spoilt:

i guess these naija guys are so used to getting everything easily from white women who truly are less inhibited as per their culture (no pun intended) that they no longer know the meaning of playing hard to get. if you don't 'drop" on the first date they accuse you of playing hard to get.its silly.

My dear its not easy. When you're used to having a kiss on a first date it becomes uncomfortable when the naija girl keeps hedging for weeks and you dont even know where you stand.
Dont confuse it with sex though, not every guy is looking for a girl as a bed mate but you get to a stage where you assume that you're now adults and the era of trying to string the poor fellow along until he reaches breaking point should best have been left in the teenage yrs.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 5:20am On Apr 20, 2007
cute-ass:

here comes mummy with another sermon on the mount. tongue

I dont necessarily agree with most of it though. Not everyone who dates a white chic is merely trying to make a statement.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:25am On Apr 20, 2007
its not stringing along anything. dont we deserve the right to get to know a guy anymore before we fall into his bed flat on our backs with legs wide open? i think we do. let him vex if he wants. its our body. not just any random soul should come and slobber all over us.
my mom once told me that a guy will always leave you when you hold off on sex and go where he'll get it easily.it has proven true.
they see it as playing hard to get. they really do expect sex at the first hello.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by jgirl3: 5:25am On Apr 20, 2007
davidylan:

My dear its not easy. When you're used to having a kiss on a first date it becomes uncomfortable when the naija girl keeps hedging for weeks and you don't even know where you stand.
Dont confuse it with sex though, not every guy is looking for a girl as a bed mate but you get to a stage where you assume that you're now adults and the era of trying to string the poor fellow along until he reaches breaking point should best have been left in the teenage years.
Our culture does that to us. Normally, in naija - you can't tell your parents that you're dating @ the age of 14. Until you are in your 20's before dem born you well to introduce him/her as bf or gf. Besides, some naija women are more conservative and so are some whites.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by GNature(m): 5:26am On Apr 20, 2007
@spoilt

lol.

Yes, there are lots of naija single ladies, just as you described around here. My friend's wife said when she was at howard university, they went without boyfriends (she & her friends) for so long because there weren't any naija guys available.

I really feel for you naija sisters here in the states. I heared the story is the same in the UK.

greetings to david and everyone  wink
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:27am On Apr 20, 2007
not all alliances with white women is for sex. but right from when i was young growing up in naija, young boys as young as ten would say "when i grow up and go abroad im going to marry a white woman" as if she's a prize, trophy or aspiration. its sad. its sadder cos they actually grow up and do it!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:29am On Apr 20, 2007
GNature:

@spoilt

lol.

Yes, there are lots of naija single ladies, just as you described around here. My friend's wife said when she was at howard university, they went without boyfriends (she & her friends) for so long because there weren't any naija guys available.

I really feel for you naija sisters here in the states. I heared the story is the same in the UK.

greetings to david and everyone wink

dont feel sorry for me oh! im not looking!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by cuteass1(f): 5:31am On Apr 20, 2007
spoilt:

my sister. you nailed it. na real microphone. THANKS

i just finished what you started wink because you were reading my mind cheesy

davidylan:

here comes mummy with another sermon on the mount. tongue

I don't necessarily agree with most of it though. Not everyone who dates a white chic is merely trying to make a statement.

well, son lmao , thats why i said "some", generalization is not allowed in my dictionary lol wink grin grin

but honestly here in Norway ooh, you'll be forced to say all. You'll br frienndly with the so-called  guy ooh, but when he's moving with his lower-your-shoe white girl angry (didnt mean to be harsh sad ) he'll pretend not to see you sef, as if you've suddenly turned to a grass-hopper. he'll be doing the "big boy shakara", as if he was walking side by side with God *sighs*

well my tactics is this ooh, when i see you, i'll be the first to throw way face. Infact then you'll be forced to call my attention and say hi. Come see the face of the white girl, if looks could kill well i would have been sent to my untimely grave by now ooh.lol grin

@ topic
the same goes for "girls in naija" wanting abroad boyfriends, for some its love, for some its the money and for some, its just the ability of saying "my boyfriend is in spain, infact he called last night, we talked and talked, he's even sending a new hand-set to me from over-seas" lol grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 20, 2007
oga goodnature, how una dey?

spoilt:

its not stringing along anything. don't we deserve the right to get to know a guy anymore before we fall into his bed flat on our backs with legs wide open? i think we do. let him vex if he wants. its our body. not just any random soul should come and slobber all over us.
my mom once told me that a guy will always leave you when you hold off on sex and go where he'll get it easily.it has proven true.
they see it as playing hard to get. they really do expect sex at the first hello.

frankly not true. At least it does not apply to all guys. We all grew up in the naija culture too so we know what to expect. There is a huge difference between a girl holding out on sex or getting intimate too soon and a chic who just doesnt know what she wants. I've seen a lot of it in my cousins friends. Most of them go on and on behaving like the world revolves around them, when it gets to time to settle down everyone starts complaining that there are no good naija men.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by GNature(m): 5:32am On Apr 20, 2007
spoilt:

don't feel sorry for me oh! im not looking!

lol. I meant empathy, not sympathy wink
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by cuteass1(f): 5:43am On Apr 20, 2007
yes ooh. . i forgot one more thing about some of our abled black brothers lol

when a black girl now decides to settle for the white ones, come and see jealousy climbing each other

when you walk past a midst of the black brothers, just the way they'll throw annoying glances at you and respond reluctantly to your heart-sent greeting and whisper behind you will tell you how much they dissapprove

and then a black girl would ask" what the hell do they want us to do?? hang in the air?" angry grin

but seriously, they should know that what is good for the gooze, is good for the gizzard wink grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:48am On Apr 20, 2007
i once went out with a white guy. see daggers thrown my way all the time. black guys would actually yell out at us in anger. asking me if i was too good for them now. it was crazy. hypocrites.  grin
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 20, 2007
spoilt:

i once went out with a white guy. see daggers thrown my way all the time. black guys would actually yell out at us in anger. asking me if i was too good for them now. it was crazy. hypocrites. grin

those black guys should have found something more constructive to do.
gnite m'ladies. white, black, green, blue. . .God is in control. wink kiss
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spoilt(f): 5:56am On Apr 20, 2007
goodnite jare. im turning in now too. see y'all tomorrow? bye.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by cuteass1(f): 6:08am On Apr 20, 2007
davidylan:

gnite m'ladies. white, black, green, blue. . .God is in control. wink kiss

spoilt:

goodnite jare. im turning in now too. see y'all tomorrow? bye.

well nature is to blame

its 8.00am here and you guys are turining in angry lol grin grin

sleep tight sha, and sweet dreams cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Rlst84sale(m): 12:26am On Apr 21, 2007
I don't know how guys can do that and be able to sleep. One woman, wether naija or darky or oyinbo for this oyinbo land na enough wahala, then u go carry naija own join am?. Na only one woman from either naija or Jewish I fit marry, and na only one woman at a time. One woman one problem, two women ten problems, why would one want to die young any way?. I guess people like to learn the hard way.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by hotchic1(f): 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2007
Some do it for the sake of money,some fall into it by circumstance (chance) but they are not aware of the problems involved.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by olutomiwa(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2007
who no like better thing?
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Rlst84sale(m): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2007
There is so much to learn from our people and Nairaland dey offer am pass naija college. Or sometimes u go think say na Jerry Springer show script u dey read. Make God please help us o.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by romeo(m): 2:35pm On May 01, 2007
infact i no know say dem easy for away guys for naija, who talk say naija women dey single for west? abi na for us and uk? becos dem ashawo for here get am too much (men)
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by spade: 12:43pm On May 02, 2007
Question: Why do Naija girls like to date Guys that are abroad?
Answer : Because they(Naija Girls) are gold diggers
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 02, 2007
spade:

Question: Why do Naija girls like to date Guys that are abroad?
Answer : Because they(Naija Girls) are gold diggers

If you can find gold in yellow cabs!!
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by samsilo(m): 11:44pm On May 02, 2007
@Babyo. They usually don't know about the yellow cabsoo!
I think this matter mainly refers to Babes back in Naija, a few (tens of ) dollars goes a long way to impress them.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 02, 2007
you're right samsilo,they think the money will keep flowing until they land at JFK international and understand that Okoro was nothing but a dishwasher in a downtown eatery.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by samsilo(m): 11:56pm On May 02, 2007
Thats usually the problem with people living abroad, too much effizy. I find that telling it as it is earns recpect and reduces unreasonable expectations.
Those who get a babe by false pretence usually end up with very similar stories,i.e." she came here and her eye come tear"
Long time sis, I've been absent for a while.
Re: Why Do Naija Girls Like To Date Guys That Are Abroad? by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 02, 2007
me too,I've been on "exile" for disobeying the law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is What Happens To The Females Who Play Hard To Get Too Much / These Goddamn Bitches. Boys Get In Here. / Tall But Ugly Face Or Short But Pretty Face???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.