Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

What Is a "scam" in auto repair? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is a "scam" in auto repair? (7798 Views)

Best Lexus Auto Repair In Lagos Recommendations / Fixing The Madness In Nigeria's Auto Repair Industry / These Are 9 Of The Worst Scandals In Auto Industry History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is a "scam" in auto repair? by Sualcatnas(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Yes, most are scam. Unnecessary replacement of compressors and evaporators. Most AC tech have massive disdain for automatic compressors. Few AC technicians have diagnostic tools for testing solenoid valves in variable displacement compressors, needless to say using vaccum pumps to check for system leaks.

radautoworks:
Some might not but we consider most ac repair here a scam.

People have been conditioned to replace AC compressor and condenser. Most of the time that's not the issue! The truth is that the AC system is a vacuum and a lot of cooling issues are a result of LEAKS. Since most techs either cannot or will not locate the leak, they simply recommend replacing the whole system because that will eliminate the leak right?

Stop using lazy ac repair shops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNOl2qkQ7gg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ionDor_iEM8

And how much was it to find the problem? N17k for the freon with UV dye and labor. The evaporator core labor is only two hours (N10k) once he can get the part. Prado isn't made in US so we don't carry the parts unless they match another model.

1 Like

Re: What Is a "scam" in auto repair? by radautoworks: 11:23am On Oct 12, 2020
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. WE WILL BE AVAILABLE BY EMAIL @ SUPPORT@RADAUTOWORKS.COM FOR QUESTIONS AND UPDATES IF WE HAVE YOUR VEHICLE.

1 Share

Re: What Is a "scam" in auto repair? by Elsueno: 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2020
That's why I can do most of the repairs on my car, if you see me for mechanic, omoh water don pass garri and We are doing the repairs together!
Re: What Is a "scam" in auto repair? by radautoworks: 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2020
Elsueno:
That's why I can do most of the repairs on my car, if you see me for mechanic, omoh water don pass garri and We are doing the repairs together!
noice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is "Car Running Rich" And "Car Running Lean"? / HELP!!! Golf 4 Engine Needed. / Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.