Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics (56091 Views)

Man Who Fetches Sand For A Living In Enugu (Photos) / Lady That Supplies 500 Buckets Of River Sand Daily By Head In Kogi (Photos) / 1,000 South African Gold Miners Stuck Underground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by peteruuu(m): 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
My!
Lord, I thank you!.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Foreigners: 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
This thing full naija nah. Villagers wey no get money for dredging machines do this their own way by diving inside with iron bucket and pack White sand.

As a geologist, have witness this in Afikpo, Asaba close river Niger, Benue River et.c.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Chubhie: 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
Legit hustlers. Hushpuppi and Mompha can't say they work any harder than these men.

3 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Treasure17(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
kingkuntaval:
After all these sweat and grind, one useless slay queen will be asking "hello, baby have you sent it?"
Na Ogun go kee u..
Lol.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Goddys(m): 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
Why this suffering just to make a living when someone with pen can write off 5 million naira in 5 minutes. Please get education first even though there is no job.

It is possible these guys are making equivalent of 60k per month at Cameroon after all these life threatening gymnastics.

The world is structured in a pyramid-like shape where the 1% philosophers and rich of the earth are at the pinnacle of the pyramid. professionals and entrepreneurs comes next, artisans follow suit and finally labourers.

The top 1% controls the 99% of the world populations. To live is to eat and to eat is to work. All other groups except the top 1% are slaves but they are yet to realize it.

Let me stop here

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by jeff1607(m): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
ilaje , ebute (bariga) comes to mind

only few would understand how expensive sharp sand is and how much money these guys are making

6 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Sunmolar(m): 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
I've seen this happened in calabar

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Fidelismaria: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
angry sad sad

Work smart not hard
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
This one that you chose to quote and advice.

No errors to correct? undecided

GrammarNazi1:

Some guys do this in Oworonshoki and somewhere in Ijebu. Why don't you start that business of yours in Nigeria before taking it to the other place?

3 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
bedspread:
ThEse Ones de Learn work?

Go to Festaclink bridge Amuwo-odofin..

U will find them there are Quantity!

these one they learn, from festac link bridge to mile 2 canal, those one dey tie up to 17 boats together, sand full all the boat.

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by bedspread: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
omohz:

these one they learn, from festac link bridge to mile 2 canal, those one dey tie up to 17 boats together, sand full all the boat.
i tell u
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by sacajawea: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pearl05:
See able bodied young men doing high risk job and going home with peanuts. But they love what they do.
How do you know they love it?

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by tendareo: 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
There are better ways to do this. That's my job too.

Www.dredgingdigest..com

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
octopusfreaky:
I just admire their doggedness and ruggedness, to make money ain't easy sha. Cute guys though.
HONESTLY
Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by nazablossom(f): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
abbertee:
Are they body builders also? What will i do if i want to get that type of body?
It's their job that made them look that way. No need for gym
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by jaszplus12(m): 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
Boy! You need to visit Uwana in Afikpo Ebonyi state to see this kinda stuff! Though not as intense but equally challenging! Even children are involved! It was mixed emotions for me the first time I saw it...

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Vicyace: 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
Explorers:
These incredible photographs show the the sculpted physique of workers who do one of the most dangerous jobs on earth.

The buff divers plunge deep into a fast-flowing river to scoop up sand from the bottom 20 feet below.

The muscular African tribesmen regularly risk their lives diving to the river bed to collect sand for the building industry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602363/Cameroons-muscle-bound-miners-Photos-incredible-sculpted-physique-workers.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

They look more like models.

3 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by dominique(f): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
Oh my! shocked
Is this a job or a suicide mission? Are there no sands in Cameroon? How many dives do they go with their buckets before they can fill a truck with sand? Stuff like this shouldn't still be going on in 2019, when is Africa ever going to develop? sad

4 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by sod09(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
They are working hard for mon3y unlike some useless fools that steal pants for ritual

5 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by obontami: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
Explorers:
'Some divers drown when they misjudge the location of the hull of the boat and get knocked out when they surface and bang their heads.

'At night this is particularly dangerous because no one can see them in the dark and they can get washed away by the tides.

'Other divers suffer from bleeding from the ears and noses and eyes due to the depths they are working at and sand often ingresses through those cavities.'

Dude, only a guy Ass fagot trip for a man like him.. FOH boy!
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
abbertee:

Join them grin

Free muscular physique...

Well not exactly FREE, you would earn it

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Pearl05(f): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
sacajawea:

How do you know they love it?

It's there on their faces and even diving in their birthday suit.

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by NoToPile: 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2019
They are here in naija too, seen some under Agbara bridge, they load the sand in boats that are bigger than these. Tippers come to pack after they offload from the boats.

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by dmbaiseboy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
abbertee:
If u are in Lagos, there are lagoons all around u, if u are in d east, there is a place known as river Niger.....have fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by dmbaiseboy(m): 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
sod09:
They are working hard foron3y unlike some useless fools that steal pants for ritual
Your problem not theirs( ritualists)...

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by sod09(m): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
dmbaiseboy:

Your problem not theirs( ritualists)...
can you have sense and ignore angry

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by generationz(f): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2019
kingkuntaval:
After all these sweat and grind, one useless slay queen will be asking "hello, baby have you sent it?"
Na Ogun go kee u..

loool
you think men don't like working hard to feed their "slay queens" ?

its part of what makes them feel like men.

Kinda softens the toughness of life when you have a sweet lady by your side

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by pocohantas(f): 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2019
ValCon888:
I know some farm apparatus on this forum are already salivating in their panties.

You don't need to be a hoe to salivate. Later you people will say Naija girls will rather die than express themselves. When they do, you still call them hoes.

Dangerous job, but those abs are fire!

Abeg, this is too hard and risky. Is there no mechanized way to do this?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by menwongo(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pearl05:

That's how that type of sand is gotten .
You are minding him! Even here in Nigeria people are still diving for sand.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Krystalzkris(f): 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
Them nor dey cover their something?
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
see guys dy suffer/hustle here just to stay alive, y dem no steal people's pant...... then one idiot go stay there tell me say yahoo boys smart... God punish yahoo with smartness

4 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Ishilove: 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
The world is divided into the haves and have nots. Life is a mystery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife / Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.