Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics (56092 Views)

Man Who Fetches Sand For A Living In Enugu (Photos) / Lady That Supplies 500 Buckets Of River Sand Daily By Head In Kogi (Photos) / 1,000 South African Gold Miners Stuck Underground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 19, 2019
abbertee:
Are they body builders also? What will i do if i want to get that type of body?
Eat bugger, bugger and more bugger
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by CoolVoice(m): 8:13am On Jan 19, 2019
This are one of the most amazing images.. Shows courage and men that choose the honest living and persistent with so much love and joy for what they do.

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 19, 2019
Explorers:
'Some divers drown when they misjudge the location of the hull of the boat and get knocked out when they surface and bang their heads.

'At night this is particularly dangerous because no one can see them in the dark and they can get washed away by the tides.

'Other divers suffer from bleeding from the ears and noses and eyes due to the depths they are working at and sand often ingresses through those cavities.'

That’s due to The Bend, Physicist can explain better.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by observanc1: 8:13am On Jan 19, 2019
bedspread:
ThEse Ones de Learn work?

Go to Festaclink bridge Amuwo-odofin..

U will find them there are Quantity!
i know they do it in lagos too
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by AreaFada2: 8:14am On Jan 19, 2019
earthsync:
But why them nakid undecided
To make some ladies wet their pants. No pants stealers in Cameroon though. grin
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by confydoedowaye(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2019
Cameroonians naturally have this kinda physique, look at their footballers...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Badonasty(m): 8:16am On Jan 19, 2019
abbertee:
Are they body builders also? What will i do if i want to get that type of body?

send application letter to them na
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 19, 2019
Goddys:
Why this suffering just to make a living when someone with pen can write off 5 million naira in 5 minutes. Please get education first even though there is no job.

It is possible these guys are making equivalent of 60k per month at Cameroon after all these life threatening gymnastics.

The world is structured in a pyramid-like shape where the 1% philosophers and rich of the earth are at the pinnacle of the pyramid. professionals and entrepreneurs comes next, artisans follow suit and finally labourers.

The top 1% controls the 99% of the world populations. To live is to eat and to eat is to work. All other groups except the top 1% are slaves but they are yet to realize it.

Let me stop here

Education has little value in African societies enslaved to despotic leaders. Paul Biya possesses a chain of palaces and billions of dollars in assets hidden all over the globe, while these his subjects live like cavemen in the 21st century, and this story is the same all over Africa.

Someone tell me what exactly are the qualities that make the black man better than a wild animal?

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by 3kay945(m): 8:18am On Jan 19, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Explorers.

Is sand that scarce in their country?

I am already thinking of starting a sand exportation business to Cameroon.

Men do same here in naija na.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 19, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

Some guys do this in Oworonshoki and somewhere in Ijebu. Why don't you start that business of yours in Nigeria before taking it to the other place?
I thinking this types of businesses doesn't makes many money in Nigeria o.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by OkoroPeugeot(m): 8:20am On Jan 19, 2019
Manual dredging
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by deadkamalu: 8:21am On Jan 19, 2019
reminds me of afikpo geology field work,women are also involve. hardwork it is for real.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 19, 2019
PRESENTATION:

That’s due to The Bend, Physicist can explain better.

decompression sickness
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Godskidk(m): 8:23am On Jan 19, 2019
See abs... No workout needed again
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by wink2015(m): 8:24am On Jan 19, 2019
Explorers:
These incredible photographs show the the sculpted physique of workers who do one of the most dangerous jobs on earth.

The buff divers plunge deep into a fast-flowing river to scoop up sand from the bottom 20 feet below.

The muscular African tribesmen regularly risk their lives diving to the river bed to collect sand for the building industry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602363/Cameroons-muscle-bound-miners-Photos-incredible-sculpted-physique-workers.html

THEY ARE WORKING HARD FOR THEIR MONEY!

But some of them should not have gone really NUDE!

They should have put on at least a pant or a boxer as they swim and mine sand.

Sand mining is also a popular business in some marine community in Nigeria.

There are rich guys that can afford sand dredger while those who can not afford sand dredger go for bucket system to pack sand.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by bigtt76(f): 8:27am On Jan 19, 2019
May be na de work Kupe boys been de do this that year naaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy

Explorers:
These incredible photographs show the the sculpted physique of workers who do one of the most dangerous jobs on earth.

The buff divers plunge deep into a fast-flowing river to scoop up sand from the bottom 20 feet below.

The muscular African tribesmen regularly risk their lives diving to the river bed to collect sand for the building industry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602363/Cameroons-muscle-bound-miners-Photos-incredible-sculpted-physique-workers.html

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by SmallSimba: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Africans and backwardness ,why couldn't they develop a pipe suction like a sand dreger to scoop sand and fill boat ....where is the university of daula mechanical engineering dept...no need for all muscle show but muscle of the brain (brain power)

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with the book: The Miseducation of the Negro. The professors are busy writing PHD dissertations on the value of zero. While you're at it, you should ask yourself why universities in Nigeria are offering courses in management when the universities themselves are poorly managed
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by desire222(f): 8:30am On Jan 19, 2019
generationz:

loool you think men don't like working hard to feed their "slay queens" ?
its part of what makes them feel like men.
Kinda softens the toughness of life when you have a sweet lady by your side
Exactly !
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by LordAdam16: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Abeg, this is too hard and risky. Is there no mechanized way to do this?

Yes there is. Same way there is a mechanized way to sweep public roads, vacuum in your home and even wash clothes, but a lot of these activities are done manually in much of the world, including in Nigeria. It's all about economics, actually capitalism.

Where'd they get the funds to buy a dredging machine. And who in their immediate vicinity would be able to pay the higher prices of dredged sand, when there'd be a teeming mass of equally buff guys ready to replace them on the ready at current or lower prices.

It is the nihilism of life. The longer we let our economies stagnate by acting like it's not our business because we're individually doing good, the longer people do and die from thankless tasks for peanuts when there currently exists far more satisfying alternatives.

I mean in parts of Norway, they had to install self-cleaning public toilets because it wasn't financially prudent to pay folks high wages to wash toilets. Over here, we have people pushing barrows under scorching tropical heat for hours on end every day for dimes and nickels.

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by 3kay945(m): 8:33am On Jan 19, 2019
Seriously, I don't see anything dangerous about it the way guys are painting it.

There are divers and experienced so no problem expect when they are sick.

It is actually fun to them. I can do same for leisure if I know how to swim every well.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Goddys(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Education has little value in African societies enslaved to despotic leaders. Paul Biya possesses a chain of palaces and billions of dollars in assets hidden all over the globe, while these his subjects live like cavemen in the 21st century, and this story is the same all over Africa.

Someone tell me what exactly are the qualities that make the black man better than a wild animal?
You are absolutely right. Black men are barbaric and insensitive. What reasonable man would keep more than his third generations could not be able to finish and leave the rest of the society to abject penury. Africa glorifies ill-gotten wealth.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by saintneo(m): 8:37am On Jan 19, 2019
Explorers:

So they should be cast as Aquamen or Sub-Atlantis people.
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by EmekaBlue(m): 8:39am On Jan 19, 2019
In Africa i think Cameroon has d most Alpha/Macho male...Look at their footballers,soldiers now this.

Godbless your hustles guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by talk2emma: 8:44am On Jan 19, 2019
czarina:
Can't they use a dredger? This one na "sufferness" unless they just enjoy doing it.

On the bright side; they get to grow those abs for "free"!

They will if you give them one

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by pacespot(m): 8:44am On Jan 19, 2019
Thank God for civilization in other countries, Africans will still be trekking to Mecca and Jerusalem

1 Like

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Fhowe: 8:45am On Jan 19, 2019
jeff1607:
ilaje , ebute (bariga) comes to mind

only few would understand how expensive sharp sand is and how much money these guys are making
i was trained with that money

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 19, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
All these risks for SAND? I dont get it.

Or is that sand part of the ingredients for curing Ebola ?

Na wa o...anyways, its still better dan PANT HUNTING VENTURE (PHV) wey full Nija now

Sand is actually very expensive, lol

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by 3kay945(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2019
SmallSimba:

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with the book: The Miseducation of the Negro. The professors are busy writing PHD dissertations on the value of zero. While you're at it, you should ask yourself why universities in Nigeria are offering courses in management when the universities themselves are poorly managed

Thank you Sir for introducing that book. Can you imagine I haven't come across it before lipsrsealed
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Fuckdamod: 8:48am On Jan 19, 2019
bedspread:
ThEse Ones de Learn work?

Go to Festaclink bridge Amuwo-odofin..

U will find them there are Quantity!
The water in amuwo odofin is not a flowing river.. i see them. The are mostly close to the banks. This Cameroon river is riskier
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Mrlouis: 8:56am On Jan 19, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
another backward idea ,u didn't read that people die yearly another idiot suffer head commenting ...getting a dreger to ease up the work na crime ...
Hey son, that and much more they are fully aware so stop stating the obvious.. look closely, they are very much Happy doing it despite the drudgery of the job.. so piss off
Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Madeu(m): 8:57am On Jan 19, 2019
Africans are very strong. But what we have physically we're also lacking in good mental grit that can make tedious task easy. Other race would have developed machine to get sand deep into the Ocean. Not this awkward way!

2 Likes

Re: Physique Of Cameroon Miners Who Dive Under River To Collect Sand For Living(Pics by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 19, 2019
oh my AFRICA
MAY ALL DOSE BAD LEADERS DIE UNTIMELY DEATH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife / Chicken Republic Reacts To Sack Of Security Guards / N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.