Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" (49786 Views)

Guys My Life Don't Change / "I Am The most Beautiful Girl In The World" - Teni Replies Bodyshamers / Teni Graduates From The University of Georgia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by ReginaeGirault: 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
kolaxed98:

I live in a fuckung magnificent estate, u this fuvking bitch.

yea,your sisters are prostitutes and I provide money for them.

don't quote me again.
dumb bitch.

Enough! Just because you're on a faceless forum isn't a reason to be downright nasty. You first called her a prostitute out of the blues, she gave you a befitting reply. But clearly, you have no respect for your mother, or perhaps she didn't train you properly
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by ReginaeGirault: 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
ReginaeGirault:

Enough! Just because you're on a faceless forum isn't a reason to be downright nasty. You first called her a prostitute out of the blues, she gave you a befitting reply. But clearly, you have no respect for your mother, or perhaps she didn't train you properly. If not, how will you just go on a public forum to call a lady you've never met all sorts of names? What did she say that warranted that?
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Lizzieorex(f): 11:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Teni makanaki too much talent

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by PythonAmaka: 11:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
naptu2:

Nah! I studied music, I play musical instruments and I have a very eclectic taste in music (everything from classical to jungle, from highlife to bhangra and chutney).

But at the end of the day, musical preferences are very subjective. Some people say that hip hop is not music and I disagree, some people say that rock is not music and I disagre, etc.

Fact is, to me, Uyo Meyo is good, but not fantastic. It's soul music that reminds me of Maxwell, D'Angelo and Marvin Gaye.

Ishilove initially said that her music was mediocre and I disagree. Many people also hyped her music and I think that's because it's different from what's out there. It's like a relief, after being served the same thing over and over. I think that Ishilove heard the hype before hearing her songs and then listened to her songs and was disappointed that they didn't live up to the hype.

However, in my opinion, her songs are good but not fantastic. Others may have a different opinion, that doesn't invalidate my opinion, neither does my opinion invalidate theirs.
This comes short of what I was actually expecting in the context of how average her music comes out to you.. Your personal preference for some kind of songs does not have a common place with general standards of a fantastic music, I dare say, with due respect to your musical dexterity.
Ishilove can't come in here to even determine which song is fantastic or not, let her rather stand by the door and watch on.

python amaka

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Uyo meyo
pls which language is this. Uyo meyo
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by lenghtinny(m): 11:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:
She need to change her body by slimming down, I saw her throwback, she was cute when she was slim. Fat make people ugly.

Just like you, I prefer Peruzzi to Teni but when it comes to versatility, Teni is far better....

Peruzzi is like a one way traffic and his music style is so predictable... He's good lyrically but he needs to be sublime with his content.. Dude is still lacking the right nutrients to spice up a hit.... Mayorkun is not as good lyrically but he's like an okocha on a beat.. He knows what to say and when to say it on a beat.... He doesn't jump on a beat vibing and all....

Dude also needs to slow down on the collabos with Davido, mayorkun didn't become the mayor of Lagos by gumming Davido up and down

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2019
Timil:

Give me one verse of Teni's Music that has life, give me one verse of any of the song she has released in her entire career that has a deeper meaning.

You must be naive if "Uyo Meyo" does not have a deeper meaning to you, or her freestyle in the studio with Phyno, songs that makes people cry and sing with passion. You may not like her but this your post is the most senseless i have seen about her.

Even her freestyle alone makes people go emotional. She is very versatile, she sings Pop, Dance, Rnb, she is the best freestylist at this moment, she is best at everything she does, this is not exaggeration. Someone that writes for Davido, someone Wizkid respects alot and posts about?, infact most 9ja artists respects her alot, most Nigeria Celeb are found on her page time to time filled with impression.

You must be mistaken Teni for someone else. Go to his instagram and find out yourself.

CC Ishilove, try and listen to her pop like Askamaya, Case, Fake jersey and the one with Dr. Dolor, the girl is the face of Hip-Pop in Nigeria right now.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by lenghtinny(m): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2019
tamethem:

pls which language is this. Uyo meyo

Yoruba.... it's an Ondo dialect
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by HIPROFILE(m): 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
TENI-AMAKA
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by naptu2: 11:33pm On Jan 18, 2019
PythonAmaka:

This comes short of what I was actually expecting in the context of how average her music comes out to you.. Your personal preference for some kind of songs does not have a common place with general standards of a fantastic music, I dare say, with due respect to your musical dexterity.
Ishilove can't come in here to even determine which song is fantastic or not, let her rather stand by the door and watch on.

python amaka

1) I didn't say her music was "average", I said that it's good, but not fantastic.

2) What the hell is "general standards"?? Everybody thinks that their own standard is "general standards".

3) grin It seems like you have some kind of beef with Ishilove.

Like I said, musical tastes are subjective and you can't force your tastes and preferences on anyone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by princemv(m): 11:33pm On Jan 18, 2019
if u Neva join nobody go knw you.. but if you belong u become a star .. Teni has belonged #SheGained
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ishilove:
It seems I'm the only one who thinks she's overrated
yes o,nothing special about the lyrics at all,dats how one guy said d song inspired him,really overrated abeg,small pikin wey dem born today fit sing all those shiii dey call songs in dis naija,very poor n cheap lyrics dat no need to think to create,as for me songs u can find in my fone artists include Kendrick Lamar,Beyonce,Kanye West,Rihana,Nas,Eminem,2pac,BIG,Ja Rule,Ashanti,Nelly,Kelly Rowland,Keri Hilson,Some of Lil Wayne and 50 cents songs dat.makes sense,Ashanti,Diddy,Darmian Marley,some of Jayz songs too etc
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by PythonAmaka: 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
Timil:
[s]Hmmm.. its astonishing how we've made "Wack Music" seem like "Good Music" in this shitthole and in the process we celebrate mediocrity. When we are talking of Good Music in Nigeria only two people (Asa and Brymo) fall in that category.

Give me one verse of Teni's Music that has life, give me one verse of any of the song she has released in her entire career that has a deeper meaning.

Y'all celebrate wack artist when you should be celebrating those with talents, in the last ten years the most talented artist we've produced is Asa and Brymo.

Adekunle Gold has what it takes but he needs to develop his music talent more especially his lyrics.

If we don't start celebrating "Good Music" we will never ever produce a Grammy winner.[/s]

python amaka
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
Femi Kuti is the world Nigerian musician,the rest are all noise makers
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Femi Kuti is the only world class Nigerian musician,the rest are all noise makers
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:
Yen yen yen yen yen, too much noise, anybody can claim to be anything on nairaland. You can even claim to be Buhari.

hahaha,if u look at my topic u will get the idea of kind of work I'm involved in.

u see those oyedepo?

well don't lemme talk much.

if not for Nairaland, how can u even have d chance to talk to me
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
kolaxed98:

hahaha,if u look at my topic u will get the idea of kind of work I'm involved in.

u see those oyedepo?

well don't lemme talk much.

If not for Nairaland, how can u even have d chance to talk to me
And so? who da f.uk are you?
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by PythonAmaka: 11:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
naptu2:

1) I didn't say her music was "average", I said that it's good, but not fantastic.

2) What the hell is "general standards"?? Everybody thinks that their own standard is "general standards".

Like I said, musical tastes are subjective and you can't force your tastes and preferences on anyone.
If we place standards on how everybody "think" , then we would be very unfair to the essence of music. There must be "measures" of determining standards if we must sanitize our music mindsets.

python amaka
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:

someone who is better than all the generation of your flat headed dwarf bastard fathers.

rubbish prostitutes

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by naptu2: 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
PythonAmaka:

If we place standards on how everybody "think" , then we would be very unfair to the essence of music. There must be "measures" of determining standards if we must sanitize our music mindsets.

python amaka

K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Mariangeles(f): 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
Timil:
Hmmm.. its astonishing how we've made "Wack Music" seem like "Good Music" in this shitthole and in the process we celebrate mediocrity. When we are talking of Good Music in Nigeria only two people (Asa and Brymo) fall in that category.

Y'all celebrate wack artist when you should be celebrating those with talents, in the last ten years the most talented artist we've produced is Asa and Brymo.

Adekunle Gold has what it takes but he needs to develop his music talent more especially his lyrics.

If we don't start celebrating "Good Music" we will never ever produce a Grammy winner.
Have you listened to uyo meyo ??
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by PythonAmaka: 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:
you are vulgar.. You're worse than a hypocrite.

Python amaka
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by PythonAmaka: 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by rapboss(m): 12:01am On Jan 19, 2019
anochuko01:
na so phyno go spoil her song untop say e wan rap nonsense.

that song woulda been lit with a slower tempo
See idiot, Phyno wey make am blow sef!!!
Go an check that music is a hit!!!
Olodo!!!
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by rapboss(m): 12:03am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:
I swear
I don't see anything extraordinary there!!!
Yeah, come to think of it, they are now even comparing her to Simi!!!
Just imagine!!!
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by NiggasInParis: 12:05am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:

She is 'just there' She isn't bad, neither is she good. I would pick Asa, Nneka and Beautiful Nubia any day.

You have gone too far. You shouldn't be putting Teni in the Class of the aforementioned! Haba....Those guys run a whole different cult of revered music unique to themselves and loved by a huge unique fan base.

However, as for Teni, considering the present mainstream culture in the industry which revolves around doing "pangbolo music", shouting and singing about absolute non-sense, She; Teni standouts and could be easily rated amongst the few doing something appreciable ,meaningful and at the same time sellable.

Like myself, I don't listen to Nigerian Music, but with the constant airplay of her songs and exposure on radio and Tv i will later be forced to take time, listen to her content and give her the credit.
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 19, 2019
Ishilove:

That's your opinion angry
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by PythonAmaka: 12:10am On Jan 19, 2019
rapboss:

I swear
I don't see anything extraordinary there!!!
Yeah, come to think of it, they are now even comparing her to Simi!!!
Just imagine!!!
Another argument... Una no dey tire?

Simi is predictable, Teni isn't..

python amaka

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by PythonAmaka: 12:12am On Jan 19, 2019
NiggasInParis:

[s]You have gone too far. You shouldn't be putting Teni in the Class of the aforementioned! Haba....Those guys run a whole different cult of revered music unique to themselves and loved by a huge unique fan base.

However, as for Teni, considering the present mainstream culture in the industry which revolves around doing "pangbolo music", shouting and singing about absolute non-sense, She; Teni standouts and could be easily rated amongst the few doing something appreciable ,meaningful and at the same time sellable.

Like myself, I don't listen to Nigerian Music, but with the constant airplay of her songs and exposure on radio and TV I will give her the credit[/s].
Pangolo opinion

python amaka

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Mariangeles(f): 12:22am On Jan 19, 2019
safarigirl:
there is no one definition of good music. Good music is relative to the listener.

Some people think people who don't listen to classical don't know good music and some people would turn their noses up at Teni's style. Just because she is doing a style that is different from the usual brainfart that most people listen to in Nigeria, doesn't mean she is doing good music to some.

Y'all need to stop that mob mentality, "everybody must agree" mindset. Teni is good, but I personally prefer her sister to her.
Of course good music has definition .
Good music is defined by sensible lyrics backed up with sweet melody and you will know it when you hear it even if you don't like it !
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 19, 2019
naptu2:

K

NL Resident Professor, I like this your reply grin grin grin
Re: Burna Boy: "Teni Don't Change Your Sound For Anybody" by Ishilove: 12:56am On Jan 19, 2019
naptu2:

Preach

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jnr Pope Meets Secondary School Mates After 24 Years (Photos) / Hot Bikini Photos Of Sira Kante, Davido's Ex / Prince Williams Darlington: Afia Schwarzenegger Was A Sex Worker In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.