Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate (52929 Views)

EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Debate, Apologizes To Candidates / Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by franchasng: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
.....that Yoruba youths are still supporting this failed, old, wicked, prideful, arrogant old cow rearer is what pains me most.

Why didn't APC present Osinbajo as Presidential candidate, at least I am sure I and many other sensible Nigerians will be confused on who to vote, but its so disheartening that because Yorubas want Osinbajo to become President in 2023, majority of Yoruba youths and elders have decided to sell their future to failure hoping for 2023 that they are not sure of and may not even live to witness due to the impending hardship and incessant killings that will follow after Buhari rigs himself in for reelection next month.

Buhari is this wicked, arrogant, prideful, inconsiderate, unconcerned about Nigeria's security and welfare in his first tenure he ought to be fighting to please Nigerians to vote him again for 2nd tenure, imagine how brutal and wicked Buhari will be if he succeeds in rigging himself in as President for another 4yrs, I pity Nigerians ahead.

If Nigerians truly want a better Nigeria for all, it is high time we stopped reelecting any President or Governor unless that President or Governor performs beyond measures, if not, we ought to stop voting any President or Governor for a 2nd tenure so we won't be strengthening failure and making politicians feel 2nd term is their constitutional right angry

In Nigeria, 2nd tenures of every President or Governor is always disastrous and filled with massive looting, corruption and abuse of power, and that is what Nigerians will witness should they allow Buhari rig himself in again for a second term in office, you can bookmark this page cry

Yoruba youths continue, it will clear from your eyes soon, we de watch, God grant me good health and long life to witness this whole stuff, amen

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:

I didn’t know Atku rode a bicycle from USA . He must be very tired .
But Buhari that was campaigning all day is not tired . Mugun
So, was that why he refused to tell us why he couldn't show up? Lol. It's ok. I won't join issues with you on raining abuses. We'd meet at the polls next month

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
Houstency:

Stop concocting baseless excuses for PMB, there is no reason aside health or national commitment for both candidates to take lightly with the debate. If you knew before hand PMB wouldn't honour the debate, and you still sheepishly support him, then your judgement needs questioning. And for a aide of PMB to resort to insults of other candidates as himself as "Political dwarfs", is a big slap on the faces of the electorates. Both PMB and Atiku goof in all sincerity, albeit one was somewhat matured in his handling and giving adequate respect to other contestants, but both of them are failures and no sensible person should take a dig at one because of partisan politics while leaving the other.

Atiku is a political dwarf next to buhari. Even he just confirmed it by his statement that he needs buhari around before he can shine.

His glory is connected to buhari and baba has sent him back to his dwarf nature politically.

There I said it, bite me

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by sunite1: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
What a stupid press statement. Are you debating because of Buhari or to tell Nigerians you plans if elected president. Bloody old fool.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by lascopes(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
Will you even be allowed to ask other candidates questions during the debate?
What a useless reason .
I trust fl@thead ipobians to start jubilation because of this flimsy excuse .
This bastard is an opposition and he’s displaying so much pride .
The same person said in an interview that if they like let them vote for me . Just imagine the useless man .
It shall not be well with you Atiku and anyone supporting you .
Next level is certain

You there first son of the oloriburiku nation... Ode radarada
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Optimist88(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stupidity is when you leave out your incumbent president in this scenario to attack intending president! How can Buhari's spokesman call all the gentlemen hoping to fix this country a dwarf?

Buhari and Sagay are very stupid to have called men like Fela, Mogalu, sowore etc a dwarf!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Hotzone(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2019
All these gragra will expire and buhari shall become president but I will like to be disappointed

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku is a disappointment you don't treat people that are expected to vote for you with disdain. He should forget that Buhari was absent but go there to tell Nigerians what his plans are. I am very impressed with the Trio presently at the debate I only wish Nigerians could see that Atiku or PMB are arrogant , self entitled old entities that shouldn't have any place in the future Nigeria that we are going. Enough is Enough of old cabals and cronies. Atiku shouldn't be our next choice we might think we're moving forward but we are actually taking a giant step backward. PMB is a collosal failure so we shouldn't even give him a pity vote.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
You are supposed to be there to convince Nigerians why you should be the next president and not to fight buhari.

Very proud giant lizard.

I pity anyone who votes for you or buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Daverytimes(m): 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
Instead of the idiot to show up and score major points by pointing out Buhari's absence, he chose not to show therefore shooting himself in the foot. Who the heck advice's these morons? Idiots, both of them. Shameful to see people in here cheering for one side or the other.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
Optimist88:
Stupidity is when you leave out your incumbent dullard in this scenario to attack intending president! How can Buhari's spokesman call all the gentlemen hoping to fix this country a dwarf?

Buhari and Sagay are very stupid to called men like Fela, Mogalu, sowore etc a dwarf!

Atiku is a political dwarf where buhari is concerned. He cannot reach high enough

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Num07033711115(m): 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
What a useless reason .
The same person said in an interview that if they like let them vote for me . Just imagine the useless man .
Next level is certain

it will not be better you and your buhari
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Ebowo(f): 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
crownwealth:

Bi Buhari!
I have changed my mind....at least Atiku has impressed me
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Dee60: 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
Somebody is there thinking for Atiku.....
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Abeyjide: 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
instead of other parties to come together and beat apc/pdp out of government, they are there doing mumu things.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Houstency(m): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by farem: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
Did you noticed that GEJ has been silent recently.. But he is speaking now... He has leaned wisdom in defeat

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Daverytimes(m): 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
Abeyjide:
instead of other parties to come together and beat apc/pdp out of government, they are there doing mumu things.

Would you vote for them at the same time?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Bidi123: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
Na oga b that na, you spoke well.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
I believe their absence takes the seriousness of the debate away but as for the others using him for eba, I very much doubt that , nothing wow has been said by any of them like was the case in the vice presidential candidate s debate or the Lagos State debate. Atiku will debate these guys but like his statement, it is not a candidacy debate but presidential debate

Me think the NASs should make it a law

cnnamoko:
Lol.

Smart man. First showed up to show his seriousness. Could not find the hit man to bring down.

Leaves. Because other candidates ll use him for eba since he is the next hit man

Check my siggy for business templates and software
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
Houstency:

Stale and flawed reasoning. Not an excuse for both candidates to miss the debates.

He is a political dwarf. Deal with it
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by kalmebad(f): 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
What a useless reason .
Next level is certain

Neither will it be better for u for supporting whomever u are supporting. Do u need to curse people to make ur voice heard?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by bizzibodi(m): 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
OEPHIUS:
We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar can not challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself. As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the the APC Presidential Candidates absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.

Secondly, with all due respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and to the moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to all Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar
Oloriburuku!A,pot calling d kettle black,speak for yourself,u shot yursef in d foot by going to America under d cover of Saraki's diplomatic delegations instead of attending d most important self selling debate,so also if Pmb throw d towel u will also throw in d towel?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by duwdu: 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hear Mr. Abubakar: "I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence."

In other words, the other debaters already on ground are not worth your salt? That, combined, they're not up to the President in effect?

Is that not what Prof Sagay was saying exactly, and for which some people called for his head?

In any case, who told Mr. Atiku Abubakar that he is worth more than the combination of the other debaters already on the podium for the debate?

Arrogance will always show, no matter the pretense of the arrogant person.

But hey, what do I know?

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Optimist88(m): 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Atiku is a political dwarf where buhari is concerned. He cannot reach high enough
I think you're one the idiots! Did I mention Atiku here? Is he the only candidate?
And a 'Governortorial' man is political genius? Your senses needs Mobil 1 oil.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by bluecircle470: 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
id911:
I told you guys Atiku was at the debate venue and was about entering when we heard that Buhari has refused to come. Buhari is who we want to be in the podium with because he's our main opponent.

Buhari can't behave as if his Father is the owner of Nigeria and we continue to look the other way because we ain't all stupid

Buhari should choose time and venue that he is comfortable with to debate with Atiku and we will be there live. Any day or time he chooses, we are ready

Debate is actually an opportunity for a candidate to prove his or her worth and not a place to fight fisticuffs. If he actually has respect for others then he should debate with them and sell himself to Nigerians. Atiku and Buhari has nothing to offer us

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Festus Keyamo Was Fighting For Peter Obi (Throwback) / Aye Dee: Nigerians Being Lied To, Buhari & Governors Didn't Meet At Abuja House / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.