Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Love In A Bar 18+++ - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love In A Bar 18+++ (5571 Views)

Love In The Niger Delta. (A Novel By Blessing Adulphus) / Love In A Circle / "Love In Aso Rock" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love In A Bar 18+++ by Ugobestikyblog(m): 7:36pm On Feb 05, 2019
All through the following week I was at times anxious, nervous or excited. I was scared and anxious that my aunt wouldn’t be successful in convincing my dad that he should allow the relationship go on, and then I was excited she would eventually make him see the light and he would come to his senses and do the right thing.

Friday came and I was so wound up I couldn’t concentrate at work. It was so bad Dapo had to take me out to lunch instead of eating at the cafeteria just to calm me down and take my mind off things for a while. He reassured me over and over that everything would be alright and things would all work out in the end. His pep talk worked for about five minutes until I was back to obsessing over the matter. It stressed me out completely.

Finally, it was time to close for the day and I quickly tidied up my desk and went in search of Dapo. I got to his office just as Barr Chuks was coming out of it. He stopped when he saw me and smiled. I smiled back reluctantly.

“Good afternoon sir.”

“Hello Leona. How are you today?”

“I’m very well sir, thank you.”

“Good, good. See me in my office on Monday, will you? I have something to discuss with you.”

“Okay sir.” I wondered what it was about.

“Alright, have a lovely weekend.”

“Thank you sir. Have a great weekend too, sir.”

He waved and set off. That was weird. I couldn’t imagine what he wanted to speak to me about. I had been in the firm for almost eleven months now and I had never had a private tete-a-tete with him. Could it be he had heard about me and Dapo? I was sure there was nothing in the company policies that stated that co-workers were not allowed to date. Although the office gossip mill had been buzzing about Dapo and me, I was sure there was no harm being done. I couldn’t’t wait to find out what it was all about but in the meantime, I had a more pressing issue.

I entered Dapo’s office and found him tidying up his desk. He came around and gave me a hug and a peck. “How are you holding up, babe? Hope you’ve calmed down a bit?”

“Who me? I’m one very calm babe. Guess what just happened?”

“What’s that?”

“He asked me to see him in his office on Monday. Do you know what about?”

Dapo smiled and his smile made me suspect him. “What’s funny? Is there something I should know?” I asked suspiciously

“I wouldn’t know cos I don’t know anything.” He smiled again

“Hmm. So why are you smiling?”

“Am I?”

“Yes!”

“I guess I’m just happy to see you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, right. Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah.”

I preceded him out of the office and we both set out for the car park.


We got to my house and Dapo dropped me and drove off. Since the day of that debacle, he had not entered our house. All he had done was drop me off by the gate and leave despite all my pleading asking him to come in. He felt he wouldn’t be welcome and he was not ready for a repeat of what had happened. Sometimes, I felt like I was fighting a losing battle, like this was destined to fail.

I got into the house through the back door and went straight up to my room. I wanted to ask Elena what was going on before I .......................

CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/22/love-in-a-bar-13-love-story/
Re: Love In A Bar 18+++ by Ugobestikyblog(m): 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
EPISODE 13

All through the following week I was at times anxious, nervous or excited. I was scared and anxious that my aunt wouldn’t be successful in convincing my dad that he should allow the relationship go on, and then I was excited she would eventually make him see the light and he would come to his senses and do the right thing.

Friday came and I was so wound up I couldn’t concentrate at work. It was so bad Dapo had to take me out to lunch instead of eating at the cafeteria just to calm me down and take my mind off things for a while. He reassured me over and over that everything would be alright and things would all work out in the end. His pep talk worked for about five minutes until I was back to obsessing over the matter. It stressed me out completely.

Finally, it was time to close for the day and I quickly tidied up my desk and went in search of Dapo. I got to his office just as Barr Chuks was coming out of it. He stopped when he saw me and smiled. I smiled back reluctantly.

“Good afternoon sir.”

“Hello Leona. How are you today?”

“I’m very well sir, thank you.”

“Good, good. See me in my office on Monday, will you? I have something to discuss with you.”

“Okay sir.” I wondered what it was about.

“Alright, have a lovely weekend.”

“Thank you sir. Have a great weekend too, sir.”

He waved and set off. That was weird. I couldn’t imagine what he wanted to speak to me about. I had been in the firm for almost eleven months now and I had never had a private tete-a-tete with him. Could it be he had heard about me and Dapo? I was sure there was nothing in the company policies that stated that co-workers were not allowed to date. Although the office gossip mill had been buzzing about Dapo and me, I was sure there was no harm being done. I couldn’t’t wait to find out what it was all about but in the meantime, I had a more pressing issue.

I entered Dapo’s office and found him tidying up his desk. He came around and gave me a hug and a peck. “How are you holding up, babe? Hope you’ve calmed down a bit?”

“Who me? I’m one very calm babe. Guess what just happened?”

“What’s that?”

“He asked me to see him in his office on Monday. Do you know what about?”

Dapo smiled and his smile made me suspect him. “What’s funny? Is there something I should know?” I asked suspiciously

“I wouldn’t know cos I don’t know anything.” He smiled again

“Hmm. So why are you smiling?”

“Am I?”

“Yes!”

“I guess I’m just happy to see you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, right. Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah.”

I preceded him out of the office and we both set out for the car park.


We got to my house and Dapo dropped me and drove off. Since the day of that debacle, he had not entered our house. All he had done was drop me off by the gate and leave despite all my pleading asking him to come in. He felt he wouldn’t be welcome and he was not ready for a repeat of what had happened. Sometimes, I felt like I was fighting a losing battle, like this was destined to fail.

I got into the house through the back door and went straight up to my room. I wanted to ask Elena what was going on before I saw either of my parents. I had no clue if my aunt had come in or not but I’d rather find out from my ‘sentry’, Elena.

On getting to my room, I found her reposed on my bed watching a movie on her laptop with ear plugs in her ears. She didn’t even look up when I entered, she was so engrossed in her movie, I had to kick her leg on the bed to get her attention.

“Oh hi Leona.” She smiled. “How was work today?”................

CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/22/love-in-a-bar-13-love-story/

1 Like

Re: Love In A Bar 18+++ by Ugobestikyblog(m): 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
EPISODE 14 LAST EPISODE

I found my mum in her room reading a paperback novel on her bed. After I knocked and entered, I went straight to where she was reclined and lay beside her. She looked at me in surprise but only smiled and drew me closer to her side as she gave me a hug. I felt safe and loved as I lay there in her arms. With all my bravado, I didn’t want to do anything that would hurt my parents especially my mum. I just prayed we would be able to come to a solution that will favor all.

“I’ve missed you mum.” I snuggled closer to her.

“I missed you too, baby.”

Despite the fact that I am an ‘old woman’ my mum had never stopped calling me ‘baby’, especially during the times she felt emotional, like now.

“I’m sorry I was acting like a spoilt brat.”

She sighed. “It’s okay dear. Believe me, I know what it is to be in love and I saw clearly that day how much you and Dapo love each other.”

I sat up straight, surprised she admitted that. “So, why are you guys insisting I marry an Igbo man?” I asked incredulously.

She sighed again. “You have to know that this has been in our constitution as Igbos for generations now. We’d rather our daughters do not go outside the tribe to choose husbands. I don’t know why but I think it has to do with our pride and independence. We always want to take care of our own. It’s as bad as not even wanting to marry another Igbo that is not from our immediate locality or even our village.

“And no matter how many stories you hear about things like these happening especially in Lagos where our daughters mix with all tribes, you never want to believe it could happen to your own child. You always want to believe that a rich, young, Igbo guy will ride in one day and sweep your daughter off her feet. Some parents even go as far as arranging a marriage for their children with sons or daughters of family friends. That is the norm in the Igbo tribe.

“So, it came as a great shock when you brought your young man and we found out he was Yoruba. Imagine our surprise and indignation. How dare this ‘small boy’ come into our house and have the audacity to ask for our daughter’s hand in marriage. How dare he presume he was good enough for our angel, being a Yoruba guy and all? What audacity!”

She looked at me and smiled as I watched her intently. “We forgot that all men were created by God and we should never presume to choose who we associate with by reason of tribe, nationality, color or propensity. We forgot that we are all human in the same world destined to work and live together.

“And believe me, our eyes didn’t open until we saw how much you suffered. We were still in our cocoon of self-righteousness until we saw our daughter heartbroken. Nothing we said or did had any effect. We made you suffer and we suffered along with you. It was then and only then we realized our foolishness.”................................

CONTINUE READING: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/22/love-in-a-bar-14-last-episode/
Re: Love In A Bar 18+++ by Ugobestikyblog(m): 10:38am On Feb 07, 2019
Thats the last episode give us a feed back how the story was

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Obsolete World / Funny Street Life Quotes! (pictures) / What Shakespeare Book Thrills You Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.