Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account (24000 Views)

How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2019
The real, honest and true Nigerians have spoken about this issue.
Nothing to be added.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by MahatmaGhandi: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2019
Whether the incumbent likes it or not this man would preside over the post elections tribunal.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by emmykk(m): 8:15am On Jan 20, 2019
Y
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by E2power3: 8:18am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:
This is very commendable.

Every public servant would soon learn to eschew corruption and bribe collection.

The CJN and his defenders should be ashamed of themselves.

As for the legal cult that consist of the judiciary and the NBA, all Nigerians can now see that those who are of the law, have no single regard for it. Yet they daily make a living by imposing the law on others.

What manner of national legal system will have both the NBA president and the CJN embroiled in allegations of corruption at the same time?

Corruption! How mighty art thee?
_----------------------------------------------------------------------

When will Malami and NFIU do same to Ganduje, Tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola, etc

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Coolcash1: 8:18am On Jan 20, 2019
I do not have problem with the CJN being proved but the issue is what about other APC corrupt politicians and appointees in Buhari's cabinet that are walking free on the street.... He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.... If those indicted in Buhari's government are not brought then I see this charge against the CJ has witchhunt.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by new2012: 8:19am On Jan 20, 2019
Gaduje, no investigation. Fayemu had a petition sent on him, no investigation, Amaechi had petition sent, no investigation, Oshiomoles petition was thrashed. the AGF, no investigation even after whistle blown from global bodies.. Why are they after this man?

First attempt at CCB failed,

if you review my salary account, I can't answer half the questions and I never stole nor am I politically exposed. I can't even remember what the credits and debits in my accounts last year were for.

The first investigation should be how his asset declaration was seen by a third party without court injunction.. First fraud. Secondly, why is the government haunting him. Intentions are key ingredients in court cases.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by adagba001: 8:34am On Jan 20, 2019
BelovedofLord:
From one reply eariier on:

To blazes with that quotasystem almajiri AGF called Malami....

Where was this idiot when gandollar was pocketing wads of dollars smiling like a roasted goat??....

Who ordered for your own probe when you and mr. lifeless conspired to bring in the pension thief Maina who still remain elusive till today??.....

Who ordered for your own probe when you purportedly paid 17 millions dollars to 2 Nigerian lawyers from Abacha loot for a job already paid for and completed by another lawyer....

How come we are now consuming 55 millions liters of fuel per day up from 30 millions liters of fuel during GEJ despite the crunching poverty brought by that demented sahelian beast masquerading as president even as he boldly claimed subsidy to be a fraud??....Just last year alone over a trillion naira was paid for that same subsidy while PMS is been sold for 145 naira.....That is a mind boggling heist of close to 500 billion naira from NNPC just last year alone!!...

Who is the overnight billion Mr. Ibrahim from Katsina building the refinery in Katsina??....How is Isa Funtua and Mamman Daura now owners of Etisalat and keystone bank??

I can go on and on.....But i can boldly tell you and the lifeless ghost we have as president that the CJN IS GOING NO WHERE!! ...If you like you can probe from here down to Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia..... YOUR END HAS COME AND YOU WILL ALL FOLLOW THE PRINCE OF HELL CALLED BUHARI BACK TO ABYSS WHERE HE WAS COMMISSIONED FROM IN 2015......

StOla:

Why do you care to tell me about your lie that I put in bold?

Only a childish clown will engage someone in a debate and then gets a rejoinder which she then replies to that she did not read, but still had time to detail her own opinion in that reply.

If you did not read my epistle, then on what basis is your own lengthy reply?

From experience, I have learnt that the sections of the opinion that cannot be refuted is the part claimed not to have been read by the liar.

I insist that we leave politically unaffiliated public officers to face the law, especially when they themselves are people of the law that they impose on others.

The very first corruption arrest made by the Buhari regime was Dasuki who was operating an ATM that did not require a card pin code, and stocked with security funds. He was authorised to disburse security funds by a President who was shamelessly eulogized as a blessed ATM of public funds. Jonathan will collect banks account details from the likes of Olisa Metuh and Tony Anenih, while those ones would suddenly find same bank accounts credited by the ONSA with the quoted sum they gave the corruption imbued ineffectual buffoon.

And we all remember how your type who can never be objective or patriotic, rose to the defence of such a criminal because of his affiliation to PDP and the sacked President Jonathan.

Or who was in federal power before APC came on board, so which party did you expect such presidency and federal government officials to belong to? So is there any surprise that a new federal government planning to tackle corruption will arrest criminals from the outgoing regime that stole without any regard to the paper trail they were leaving behind?

You all simply refused to have the man face the law because he was a PDP member, despite the concrete evidences. And now you dare to talk about taking sides? Despite his theatrics and support by a shameless PDP who provided him the support and authority to commit the crimes that he did, he has found his match in Buhari who will never let him escape justice.

I know that Dasuki is hoping his employers, the PDP, will return to power to free him, hence the deliberate stalling of his trial. Unfortunately for him, it will be a futile hope, and he will get the justice that he deserves.

it beats my thinking the way we reason, some of us sha. you really dignified them with this response. i wouldnt dare. someone submits a report it is investigated and found to be true with the accused even owning up yet, they drag it into politics... ganduje the efcc said they are investigating plus,who has submitted a petition to the efcc in that regard? oh, should they now go after people by watching videos and reading loads of fake and unproved allegations now? if you have facts go and tender and see if it will be swept under the carpet... we should try to reason for once abeg
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Olawalesmarter(m): 8:36am On Jan 20, 2019
One thing is very clear that Buhari Have an Hidden Agenda to rig the election, APC members are busy stealing but no need to look into the corruption but suddenly where closer to the Election then you pick up your fight against corruption again but this time it is against the Chief Judge. It is very Obvious that there is an agenda and a motive here, but then if they want to probe the CJN they should do so according to the Law...... Buhari have an agenda to Rig the Election but you are cool with it, it just show you are all part of Nigeria problem

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 20, 2019
Yet Babachir Lawal,Ganduje, Kemi Adeosun, Et Al Are Not Under Investigation.This Why Your War On Corruption Is Nothing But A Witch Hunt.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by adagba001: 8:39am On Jan 20, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Bros STFU!!!! We must follow the rule of law in the fight against corruption.The law says no judicial officer can be prosecuted without recourse to the NJC.If you think you have a smoking gun against the CJN then take it to the NJC or STFU.

lol.. the law? which section of the law please?
lol... this is only applicable because the same corrupt judiciary made a ruling in this regard concerning one of theirs, a ruling which is currently been appealed... if you dont have fact... just stfu and dont make a mess of yourself

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Shawnnn01: 8:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Those two foolish Igbos that will not receive up to 10K votes mumu de worry you. They should go n rule Biafra.
GentleMoney:
Nairaland Presidential Poll: Count Down To February 16, 2019 Election..
Nigerians Deserve The Best Brains - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

LIKE for Kingsley Moghalu (YPP)
SHARE for Oby Ezekwesili (ACPN)
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by NwaliE01: 8:41am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

I never knew that CJN and NBA president were political positions held by the opposition, such that any valid prosecution of these characters must be related to politics and political parties? When did the CJN and NBA president become one side of your divide?

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

What is it with PDP sycophants and the penchant to defend anyone who is corrupt and outside of the APC, even if such accused has no business with politics or political opposition?

What manner of idiocy is this on display?

Is the CJN a member of PDP? Is the NBA president a member of PDP?

So why the fuss by only PDP among the litany of opposition parties who are not apprehensive that public servants are being duly punished and that professionals are operating by the ethics of their profession?

Did opposition parties throw a fuss or tantrum when President Obasanjo sacked a public officer Police IG Tafa Balogun and prosecuted him? Did any opposition party scream that Tafa must be left alone? Did Police officers threaten the government to leave their corrupt boss alone?

So why is PDP extending its umbrella cover and protection of corruption to public officers, association presidents, and technocratic professionals who are not politically affiliated and are subject to the laws of Nigeria like every other average Joe?

PDP! When would you let Nigeria be and have peace and a corruption free society? Have you not wrecked enough damage in you 16 damnable years of failure? Did anyone stop PDP from prosecuting the jet flying governors of the opposition when PDP was in power for 16yrs?

Why is it that everyone accused of corruption and poised to suffer the lawful consequences, is suddenly offered PDP membership and support?

Does opposition mean to become an enemy of the state and hinder the lawful prosecution of non political public officers and private citizens?

It shall never be well with PDP, their sycophants, and their uncompleted secretariat that this same corruption and embezzlement demonic possession of theirs, did not allow them finish.

How i wish you know that majority of the APC big wimps are the PDP Chieftans of yesterday.
I don't even know how you arrive at your distinctiveness of the political parties.
What we know is that if any PDP member cross carpet to APC, his/her sins are immediately forgiven and everyone would immediately switch their perspective about the subject and that goes on and on.
The only time you see most politicians attack is only when they have personal gain to achieve and not sincerely for the masses and that's why the ajitation about the CJN probe and all that.

I am personally not happy at all the way we run the affairs of our nation.

Nigeria can never be great if we continue with witch hunt instead of wholistic fight against corruption and injustice.

We should be more concern about the people of Nigeria rather than just our political affiliations.

We should learn to respect one another even if we can't love each other.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by proflomo(m): 8:48am On Jan 20, 2019
List of wonderful, thrilling and even shocking events for you to read is here: https://www.nairaland.com/4971263/wonders-shall-never-end
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Dalby(m): 8:52am On Jan 20, 2019
One less thief is a victory for all regardless of whose side of the divide the person falls. undecided undecided undecided

When PDP get back into power let them do the same...in no distant time we would have gotten rid of all of then and changed the psyche of the growing youth...

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by rusher14: 8:53am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

I never knew that CJN and NBA president were political positions held by the opposition, such that any valid prosecution of these characters must be related to politics and political parties? When did the CJN and NBA president become one side of your divide?

What is it with PDP sycophants and the penchant to defend anyone who is corrupt and outside of the APC, even if such accused has no business with politics or political opposition?

So why the fuss by only PDP among the litany of opposition parties who are not apprehensive that public servants are being duly punished and that professionals are operating by the ethics of their profession?

Did opposition parties throw a fuss or tantrum when President Obasanjo sacked a public officer Police IG Tafa Balogun and prosecuted him? Did any opposition party scream that Tafa must be left alone? Did Police officers threaten the government to leave their corrupt boss alone?

So why is PDP extending its umbrella cover and protection of corruption to public officers, association presidents, and technocratic professionals who are not politically affiliated and are subject to the laws of Nigeria like every other average Joe?

PDP! When would you let Nigeria be and have peace and a corruption free society? Have you not wrecked enough damage in you 16 damnable years of failure? Did anyone stop PDP from prosecuting the jet flying governors of the opposition when PDP was in power for 16yrs?

Why is it that everyone accused of corruption and poised to suffer the lawful consequences, is suddenly offered PDP membership and support?

Does opposition mean to become an enemy of the state and hinder the lawful prosecution of non political public officers and private citizens?

It shall never be well with PDP, their sycophants, and their uncompleted secretariat that this same corruption and embezzlement demonic possession of theirs, did not allow them finish.

I'll be copying this.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by donttouchme: 8:56am On Jan 20, 2019
If his salary from 2008 is N750,000. Calculate N750,000 in a year is N9,000,000. in ten(10) years is N90million. If you add allowances it will be more than N150million. What is wrong with AGF. I dont think he will be stupid enough to receive bribe with his salary account. Who does that. Malami should respect himself

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Enuose242(m): 8:57am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

Of course they are not political positions but this positions where lobbied... do you think governors and politicians don’t lobby to put their own there... besides this man as been honest all through he was there from when buhari came in... but why can’t you talk about the bbachir lawal case, Ganduje and other people instead of just ‘tis CJN
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Lush100(m): 8:58am On Jan 20, 2019
Yyeske:
Ganduje cannot be investigated by the federal government for now, he has immunity from investigation. Tell the court that gave a ruling that the Kano state house of assembly not to investigate the bribery case against him to do the needful so that the house can investigate and finally impeach him so that he can be tried.

sir, in the same vein, there is a process to follow in prosecuting the CJN.

just saying.

the laws of this country is truly messed up

u can imagine we have corrupt people with cases to answer and they are using the law to protect themselves.

this is my main problem
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by hardeytarhyour(m): 9:01am On Jan 20, 2019
this is very commendable from Federal Government,, We know some will still criticize Buhari for againsting Corruption but We must not care about Wailer weak mentality

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by bkool7(m): 9:02am On Jan 20, 2019
You'll see how some qualified but corrupt judges will start declining to be CJN

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by bigtt76(f): 9:02am On Jan 20, 2019
Exactly. I suspect that the set of SANs and other lawyers clamoring for the discontinuation of trial might actually be the ones bribing the CJN and are scared of being exposed.... Nigeria Judiciary are wacked undecided

StOla:
This is very commendable.

Every public servant would soon learn to eschew corruption and bribe collection.

The CJN and his defenders should be ashamed of themselves.

As for the legal cult that consist of the judiciary and the NBA, all Nigerians can now see that those who are of the law, have no single regard for it. Yet they daily make a living by imposing the law on others.

What manner of national legal system will have both the NBA president and the CJN embroiled in allegations of corruption at the same time?

Corruption! How mighty art thee?

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by bigtt76(f): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2019
Do you know how many of such petitions are in the courts but because of the corrupt judiciary, they're being stalled? Until the judicial system is cleansed, no politician would be convicted.

Was it not before our very eyes I ori was given a clean slate only to be jailed in the UK for same crime?

We need to stop politicizing everything in this country joooooor. Happy Sunday.

new2012:
Gaduje, no investigation. Fayemu had a petition sent on him, no investigation, Amaechi had petition sent, no investigation, Oshiomoles petition was thrashed. the AGF, no investigation even after whistle blown from global bodies.. Why are they after this man?

First attempt at CCB failed,

if you review my salary account, I can't answer half the questions and I never stole nor am I politically exposed. I can't even remember what the credits and debits in my accounts last year were for.

The first investigation should be how his asset declaration was seen by a third party without court injunction.. First fraud. Secondly, why is the government haunting him. Intentions are key ingredients in court cases.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by bkool7(m): 9:09am On Jan 20, 2019
Dalby:
One less thief is a victory for all regardless of whose side of the divide the person falls. undecided undecided undecided

When PDP get back into power let them do the same...in no distant time we would have gotten rid of all of then and changed the psyche of the growing youth...

That's also my philosophy since no political party have the will to prosecute its corrupt members
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:10am On Jan 20, 2019
adagba001:

lol.. the law? which section of the law please?
lol... this is only applicable because the same corrupt judiciary made a ruling in this regard concerning one of theirs, a ruling which is currently been appealed... if you dont have fact... just stfu and dont make a mess of yourself
Until the appeal court judgment is set aside.It remains the law.If you want to know the section of the law kindly refer to the full judgment.

No lower court can disregard this judgment unless it is set aside by the supreme court.That is the position of the law.
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:11am On Jan 20, 2019
bigtt76:
Exactly. I suspect that the set of SANs and other lawyers clamoring for the discontinuation of trial might actually be the ones bribing the CJN and are scared of being exposed.... Nigeria Judiciary are wacked undecided

If you have your facts kindly go to the NJC.
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by GetMeRight: 9:12am On Jan 20, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

You should be ashamed of yourself for believing this rubbish.If the FG has any evidence he took bribes they should take it to the NJC. All I see on this tale is mere speculations.There are just chasing shadows.The can as well go back to when he was still in secondary school for all I care.

BTW Justice Onnogen will remain the CJN shaa.

Who is the current chairman of NJC? I bet you didn't know who. Lol.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by bigtt76(f): 9:13am On Jan 20, 2019
I don't need to go there... They're all corrupt and they know themselves it's not hidden.

PaChukwudi44:

If you have your facts kindly go to the NJC.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2019
Yyeske:
Ganduje cannot be investigated by the federal government for now, he has immunity from investigation. Tell the court that gave a ruling that the Kano state house of assembly not to investigate the bribery case against him to do the needful so that the house can investigate and finally impeach him so that he can be tried.
Likewise the CJN cannot be tried.without recourse to the NJC.
There is also a court ruling suspending his trial.

Herdsmen May Form Own Security Outfit Soon – Bodejo, Miyetti Allah Boss / APC Suspends NEC Meeting Indefinitely / El-Rufai Creates A Territory In Kaduna, Appoints Son’s Friend, Muhammad Hafiz

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87