Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account (23995 Views)

How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2019
bigtt76:
I don't need to go there... They're all corrupt and they know themselves it's not hidden.

Then kindly STFU

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:15am On Jan 20, 2019
GetMeRight:

Who is the current chairman of NJC? I bet you didn't know who. Lol.
Justice Walter Nkanu Onnoggen.
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by bigtt76(f): 9:17am On Jan 20, 2019

PaChukwudi44:

Then kindly STFU
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by bigtt76(f): 9:20am On Jan 20, 2019
The fuss here is not his salary account but the domicilliary accounts. The funds in there are more than the CJN could have earned through his salaries and allowances.

donttouchme:
If his salary from 2008 is N750,000. Calculate N750,000 in a year is N9,000,000. in ten(10) years is N90million. If you add allowances it will be more than N150million. What is wrong with AGF. I dont think he will be stupid enough to receive bribe with his salary account. Who does that. Malami should respect himself

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2019
awakeupcall4all:
To blazes with that quotasystem almajiri AGF called Malami....

Where was this idiot when gandollar was pocketing wads of dollars smiling like a roasted goat??....

Who ordered for your own probe when you and mr. lifeless conspired to bring in the pension thief Maina who still remain elusive till today??.....

Who ordered for your own probe when you purportedly paid 17 millions dollars to 2 Nigerian lawyers from Abacha loot for a job already paid for and completed by another lawyer....

How come we are now consuming 55 millions liters of fuel per day up from 30 millions liters of fuel during GEJ despite the crunching poverty brought by that demented sahelian beast masquerading as president even as he boldly claimed subsidy to be a fraud??....Just last year alone over a trillion naira was paid for that same subsidy while PMS is been sold for 145 naira.....That is a mind boggling heist of close to 500 billion naira from NNPC just last year alone!!...

Who is the overnight billion Mr. Ibrahim from Katsina building the refinery in Katsina??....How is Isa Funtua and Mamman Daura now owners of Etisalat and keystone bank??

I can go on and on.....But i can boldly tell you and the lifeless ghost we have as president that the CJN IS GOING NO WHERE!! ...If you like you can probe from here down to Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia..... YOUR END HAS COME AND YOU WILL ALL FOLLOW THE PRINCE OF HELL CALLED BUHARI BACK TO ABYSS WHERE HE WAS COMMISSIONED FROM IN 2015....THUNDER FIRE UNA AND ALL THE ALMAJIRI SUPPORTERS DEM...

Ipobian and of course lover of the corrupt

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by bigtt76(f): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2019
Just leave that guy alone jooor. How can you report corruption to a corrupt person. We are too political in this country undecided

GetMeRight:

Who is the current chairman of NJC? I bet you didn't know who. Lol.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 20, 2019
What Of The Corrupt Officials In This Government, Like Maina, Babachir Lawal, Obono-obla, Ganduje, Osinbajo And Others. When Will They Be Investigated And Tried. Your Grammar Has Not Answered This Question. We Too Went To School.
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:23am On Jan 20, 2019
bigtt76:
The fuss here is not his salary account but the domicilliary accounts. The funds in there are more than the CJN could have earned through his salaries and allowances.

A man is not supposed to depend on salaries alone.He is supposed to also invest his earnings in business.If you have proof he took bribes the NJC is there look at it.If you don't trust the NJC then wait for him to retire.He wont be CJN foerever

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2019
bigtt76:
Just leave that guy alone jooor. How can you report corruption to a corrupt person. We are too political in this country undecided

Buhari is the commander-in-chief of the police,army,EFCC,ICPC,NFIU etc yet you want the police and army to police elections he is contesting? The.EFCC,ICPC and NFIU to probe his political allies?

I hope you get my point.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by jaxxy(m): 9:29am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:
This is very commendable.

Every public servant would soon learn to eschew corruption and bribe collection.

The CJN and his defenders should be ashamed of themselves.

As for the legal cult that consist of the judiciary and the NBA, all Nigerians can now see that those who are of the law, have no single regard for it. Yet they daily make a living by imposing the law on others.

What manner of national legal system will have both the NBA president and the CJN embroiled in allegations of corruption at the same time?

Corruption! How mighty art thee?

Have u heard of private practice before or u think everyone must depend on their salaries?

Why is the Fg only bent on probing the opposition and at this crucial time. They didn’t probe those who bought houses in Dubai way above their salary accounts. Useless Elements.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 20, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

A man is not supposed to depend on salaries alone.He is supposed to also invest his earnings in business.If you have proof he took bribes the NJC is there look at it.If you don't trust the NJC then wait for him to retire.He wont be CJN foerever

Then let him tender proof of these so called investments and businesses. Stop being his spokesperson in ignorance

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by obstead200(m): 9:32am On Jan 20, 2019
Rem22:
The earlier the CJN resigns,the better.Buhari is not directly involved in this matter and Itse Sagay will not condone nonsense,the reason why they delayed the submission of his name to senate for confirmation after NJC approval Lesson to learn : Be cautious of what you do today because you do not know what tomorrow has in stock for you.
oga, while u are talking about the CJN, let's also talk gandollars, Maina, babachir the grass cutter, malami himself and all othera
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:36am On Jan 20, 2019
jaxxy:

Have u heard of private practice before or u think everyone must depend on their salaries?

Why is the Fg only bent on probing the opposition and at this crucial time. They didn’t probe those who bought houses in Dubai way above their salary accounts. Useless Elements.
Dont mind them.Only a certified fool would earn up to 500k and will not save and invest his money.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:37am On Jan 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Then let him tender proof of these so called investments and businesses. Stop being his spokesperson in ignorance
The burden of proof is on the accuser.That is how the law works.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by drlateef: 9:38am On Jan 20, 2019
awakeupcall4all:
To blazes with that quotasystem almajiri AGF called Malami....

Where was this idiot when gandollar was pocketing wads of dollars smiling like a roasted goat??....

Who ordered for your own probe when you and mr. lifeless conspired to bring in the pension thief Maina who still remain elusive till today??.....

Who ordered for your own probe when you purportedly paid 17 millions dollars to 2 Nigerian lawyers from Abacha loot for a job already paid for and completed by another lawyer....

How come we are now consuming 55 millions liters of fuel per day up from 30 millions liters of fuel during GEJ despite the crunching poverty brought by that demented sahelian beast masquerading as president even as he boldly claimed subsidy to be a fraud??....Just last year alone over a trillion naira was paid for that same subsidy while PMS is been sold for 145 naira.....That is a mind boggling heist of close to 500 billion naira from NNPC just last year alone!!...

Who is the overnight billion Mr. Ibrahim from Katsina building the refinery in Katsina??....How is Isa Funtua and Mamman Daura now owners of Etisalat and keystone bank??

I can go on and on.....But i can boldly tell you and the lifeless ghost we have as president that the CJN IS GOING NO WHERE!! ...If you like you can probe from here down to Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia..... YOUR END HAS COME AND YOU WILL ALL FOLLOW THE PRINCE OF HELL CALLED BUHARI BACK TO ABYSS WHERE HE WAS COMMISSIONED FROM IN 2015....THUNDER FIRE UNA AND ALL THE ALMAJIRI SUPPORTERS DEM...

My friend are you happy with yourself now? I must say you are a shame to moral conscience. What you don't know is that corruption fight must start from somewhere. What goes around turns around. If those people have stolen money, there will be a day of reckoning for all of them. But it is illogical and fallacious to say that a culprit should not be prosecuted because others have not been caught or investigated. Everyone will have his turn including Buhari. If I were you I will support the anti corruption crusade because once the war is started, it will eventually sweep all corrupt people away. It's a matter of time.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 20, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

The burden of proof is on the accuser.That is how the law works.

What is the business of the accuser with his investments and side businesses if they have not even mentioned it.

Their focus is the inconsistency in the monies found in his accounts.

If the CJN has evidence proving the legit source of these funds be it from investment or side businesses then the onus is on him to provide this evidence.

Are you ignorant of how the law works?

He has been accused. Its now imperative that he defends himself which is why the burden of proof now rests with him.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:48am On Jan 20, 2019
Rem22:
The earlier the CJN resigns,the better.Buhari is not directly involved in this matter and Itse Sagay will not condone nonsense,the reason why they delayed the submission of his name to senate for confirmation after NJC approval Lesson to learn : Be cautious of what you do today because you do not know what tomorrow has in stock for you.
Who gives a Bleep what Itself Sagay thinks? The CJN will only resign in your dreams

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by obstead200(m): 9:49am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

Why do you care to tell me about your lie that I put in bold?

Only a childish clown will engage someone in a debate and then gets a rejoinder which she then replies to that she did not read, but still had time to detail her own opinion in that reply.

If you did not read my epistle, then on what basis is your own lengthy reply?

From experience, I have learnt that the sections of the opinion that cannot be refuted is the part claimed not to have been read by the liar.

I insist that we leave politically unaffiliated public officers to face the law, especially when they themselves are people of the law that they impose on others.

The very first corruption arrest made by the Buhari regime was Dasuki who was operating an ATM that did not require a card pin code, and stocked with security funds. He was authorised to disburse security funds by a President who was shamelessly eulogized as a blessed ATM of public funds. Jonathan will collect banks account details from the likes of Olisa Metuh and Tony Anenih, while those ones would suddenly find same bank accounts credited by the ONSA with the quoted sum they gave the corruption imbued ineffectual buffoon.

And we all remember how your type who can never be objective or patriotic, rose to the defence of such a criminal because of his affiliation to PDP and the sacked President Jonathan.

Or who was in federal power before APC came on board, so which party did you expect such presidency and federal government officials to belong to? So is there any surprise that a new federal government planning to tackle corruption will arrest criminals from the outgoing regime that stole without any regard to the paper trail they were leaving behind?

You all simply refused to have the man face the law because he was a PDP member, despite the concrete evidences. And now you dare to talk about taking sides? Despite his theatrics and support by a shameless PDP who provided him the support and authority to commit the crimes that he did, he has found his match in Buhari who will never let him escape justice.

I know that Dasuki is hoping his employers, the PDP, will return to power to free him, hence the deliberate stalling of his trial. Unfortunately for him, it will be a futile hope, and he will get the justice that he deserves.
listen up, u imbe.cile!
No one is saying that the CJN shud not be tried in accordance with all extant laws. All we are saying is that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
As we are talking about the CJN, let's talk about Maina, gandollars, babachir, malami himself, mamman Daura and so on. Let's investigate and prosecute all public officers, past and present, whether APC or PDP, with the smallest whiff of corruption found on them. The investigation shud not be limited to a strategic selected few.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

What is the business of the accuser with his investments and side businesses if they have not even mentioned it.

Their focus is the inconsistency in the monies found in his accounts.

If the CJN has evidence proving the legit source of these funds be it from investment or side businesses then the onus is on him to provide this evidence.

Are you ignorant of how the law works?

He has been accused. Its now imperative that he defends himself which is why the burden of proof now rests with him.
Go back and get proof before accusing.You dont accuse anyone let alone a whole CJN without a smoking gun.
You are the one ignorant of the position of the law.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Joyrise: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2019
gare:

You should be ashamed of yourself too, how many times have campaigned for other corrupted government officials with jets to be investigated, former governors with their salaries can not afford to own a jet but we see most of them with jets.

If they're serious about this fight against corruption everyone should be investigated not selective, the reasons why people like the CJN still have a lot of support is why now, before his appointment they normally carry out checks on them how come all this was not discovered then.

They can't take Nigerians for fools, I if they want this country to move then the right thing should be done. Don't come here and praise one side and curse the other side

No govt not even US or the best economy in the world will fight his own people even if they are corrupt. If the PDP is pained with selective investigation, then when they were in power they shd have done same so corruption can reduce. How do we tell the south that after several years of not having the CJN position, a corrupt individual pocketed by Wike and the south south govs is the chosen one. Let him be prepared to leave because PDP is wiling to use him and Odili's wife to scuttle justice after elections just as the succeeded in Rivers canceling all APC candidates all because of wike.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2019
How did they come about the claim that the transactions are proceeds of crime?? So it's a crime to do business with my salary account?? I use my salary account for all sorts of transactions na.... Is it a crime to use your salary account for other transactions??

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by jamace(m): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

Every public servant would soon learn to eschew corruption and bribe collection.

As for the legal cult that consist of the judiciary and the NBA, all Nigerians can now see that those who are of the law, have no single regard for it. Yet they daily make a living by imposing the law on others.

What manner of national legal system will have both the NBA president and the CJN embroiled in allegations of corruption at the same time?

Except those loyal to Buhari, ba? It is sad that you failed to distinguish between witch-hunting and honest job.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Go back and get proof before accusing.You dont accuse anyone let alone a whole CJN without a smoking gun.

They already provided proof directly touching on his account and the inconsistency found with financial lodgements.

Even the CJN has admitted by himself that he did not declare some of his assets so stop being a móron for a man who can speak for himself and who despite knowing the implications by law already admitted to his error.

If the assets he "forgot" to declare can prove as source for the inconsistent funds then let him provide them as well as evidence on how he was able to acquire those assets.

Is that hard?

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2019
Joyrise:

No govt not even US or the best economy in the world will fight his own people even if they are corrupt. If the PDP is pained with selective investigation, then when they were in power they shd have done same so corruption can reduce. How do we tell the south that after several years of not having the CJN position, a corrupt individual pocketed by Wike and the south south govs is the chosen one. Let him be prepared to leave because PDP is wiling to use him and Odili's wife to scuttle justice after elections just as the succeeded in Rivers canceling all APC candidates all because of wike.
Corrupt individual pocketed by Wike? What are you smoking? He wasnt even CJN when the supreme court ruled on the Rivers election.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by oyichi: 9:59am On Jan 20, 2019
effort in futility, it is the NJC that must invite him to explain the transactions and if they are satisfied,-----dead case
Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Lifestone(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

I do not deny that corruption is universal and not respective of parties. In fact, the mere leadership of the country by the APC, presupposes that most of the corruption that would have existed from 2015 to now, will be attributed to APC members.

I have continually given knocks to the president over the corruption within his own presidency, especially the SGF David Babachir issue. If he merited a lazily and reluctantly made sack, he certainly has a case to answer.

As for the partisan hack who engaged me in this debate, I have brought a reminder of the very 1st corruption arrest made by this regime on Dasuki, and how the PDP which he belonged to and committed financial crimes for, resisted his lawful arrest and continue to criticized such a patriotic action by the then newly inaugurated APC government.

Or were the PDP expecting the new federal government to arrest its own party members who were not seated at the table of corruption that lasted 16yrs. If the Buhari federal government wanted to recoup stolen federal funds, were such funds expected to be found outside if PDP that had been the only party in federal power?

Now to the matter of non political public servants and professional technocrats, if what business of PDP is it that they are being lawfully investigated and prosecuted for crimes, especially when such characters are even members of the law system of the country?

Why is the PDP so antagonistic to every corruption case, be it of a political person or a non political person? It is almost as if PDP needs corruption to remain in Nigeria, else the party will be an endangered specie as it cannot survive without its oxygenated corruption.

Is that the same shameless party that wasted our development for 16yrs, that now want to return to power to enrich their jolly friends?
People are concerned including me that not only has elements of uninvestigated cases of corruption prevalent in this Administration, rouges from PDP have found sanctuary in APC, take the case of Obanikoro and Omisore as an example. You can then understand the concerns when FG was prompt in dealing with the CJN (which should have been how all the cases should have been handled). It seems the FG wants us to believe that only the Executives are saints while NASS and Judiciary are corrupt, if we allow them to succeed in doing that, who will then democracy will be in jeopardy as the basis of check and balance would have been destroyed.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Mitchewww(m): 10:07am On Jan 20, 2019
So every one should be as unproductive as Buhari.

APC is setting some dangerous examples.

History won't be kind to them.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by softwerk(f): 10:10am On Jan 20, 2019
I'm sure they will now see that our CJN plays Bet9ja from his account statement grin

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by mycar: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2019
To them, nothing like investment and returns from investments.

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by agabaI23(m): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

I never knew that CJN and NBA president were political positions held by the opposition, such that any valid prosecution of these characters must be related to politics and political parties? When did the CJN and NBA president become one side of your divide?

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

What is it with PDP sycophants and the penchant to defend anyone who is corrupt and outside of the APC, even if such accused has no business with politics or political opposition?

What manner of idiocy is this on display?

Is the CJN a member of PDP? Is the NBA president a member of PDP?

So why the fuss by only PDP among the litany of opposition parties who are not apprehensive that public servants are being duly punished and that professionals are operating by the ethics of their profession?

Did opposition parties throw a fuss or tantrum when President Obasanjo sacked a public officer Police IG Tafa Balogun and prosecuted him? Did any opposition party scream that Tafa must be left alone? Did Police officers threaten the government to leave their corrupt boss alone?

So why is PDP extending its umbrella cover and protection of corruption to public officers, association presidents, and technocratic professionals who are not politically affiliated and are subject to the laws of Nigeria like every other average Joe?

PDP! When would you let Nigeria be and have peace and a corruption free society? Have you not wrecked enough damage in you 16 damnable years of failure? Did anyone stop PDP from prosecuting the jet flying governors of the opposition when PDP was in power for 16yrs?

Why is it that everyone accused of corruption and poised to suffer the lawful consequences, is suddenly offered PDP membership and support?

Does opposition mean to become an enemy of the state and hinder the lawful prosecution of non political public officers and private citizens?

It shall never be well with PDP, their sycophants, and their uncompleted secretariat that this same corruption and embezzlement demonic possession of theirs, did not allow them finish.
The government suddenly found out Atiku had a question to answer about the fall of Bank PHB
They just realised that the CJN has slush funds in his account. They didn't do any security checks on him before confirming him abi?
Jokers

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by ajimo54(m): 10:21am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

It is a shameful thing for NFIU to investigate the CJN! Even upon that the CJN does not have up to 200 million. Are you people mad or what? What exactly is wrong with APC? Pls why are some people still supporting satanism? Go and investigate the accounts of Buhari's ministers! Come and feed me back b4 I flog you! Nigeria has lost it!

Re: FG Launches Probe Into Onnoghen’s 13-year Salary Account by Elliot2(m): 10:26am On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

Why do you care to tell me about your lie that I put in bold?

Only a childish clown will engage someone in a debate and then gets a rejoinder which she then replies to that she did not read, but still had time to detail her own opinion in that reply.

If you did not read my epistle, then on what basis is your own lengthy reply?

From experience, I have learnt that the sections of the opinion that cannot be refuted is the part claimed not to have been read by the liar.

I insist that we leave politically unaffiliated public officers to face the law, especially when they themselves are people of the law that they impose on others.

The very first corruption arrest made by the Buhari regime was Dasuki who was operating an ATM that did not require a card pin code, and stocked with security funds. He was authorised to disburse security funds by a President who was shamelessly eulogized as a blessed ATM of public funds. Jonathan will collect banks account details from the likes of Olisa Metuh and Tony Anenih, while those ones would suddenly find same bank accounts credited by the ONSA with the quoted sum they gave the corruption imbued ineffectual buffoon.

And we all remember how your type who can never be objective or patriotic, rose to the defence of such a criminal because of his affiliation to PDP and the sacked President Jonathan.

Or who was in federal power before APC came on board, so which party did you expect such presidency and federal government officials to belong to? So is there any surprise that a new federal government planning to tackle corruption will arrest criminals from the outgoing regime that stole without any regard to the paper trail they were leaving behind?

You all simply refused to have the man face the law because he was a PDP member, despite the concrete evidences. And now you dare to talk about taking sides? Despite his theatrics and support by a shameless PDP who provided him the support and authority to commit the crimes that he did, he has found his match in Buhari who will never let him escape justice.

I know that Dasuki is hoping his employers, the PDP, will return to power to free him, hence the deliberate stalling of his trial. Unfortunately for him, it will be a futile hope, and he will get the justice that he deserves.
your first paragraph was enough for her to grab ur gibberish.she was just lucky she discontinued and kept her sanity. you are a very foolish sombori.

Army Commander, 5 Soldiers Killed As Troops Clash With ISWAP Fighters In Rann / APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike / Osinbajo Inspects Areas Affected By Flood In Makurdi, Visits IDP's Camp (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88