Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (78801 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (109) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chamotex(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2010
Chelsea got the best draw on paper
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Pharoh: 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
I heard their father also did something similar in the past. sad
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2010
Good draw!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by lalaboi(m): 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2010
chamotex:

lol. Damn right!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dyabman(m): 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2010
chamotex:

Dem like am or not na both games we go beat them. . . CHELSEA IS PARA-ING! angry
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by MeGaStReEt: 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2010
Looks easy, we should win this ease
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chrisical(m): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2010
Nice draw but we shouldn't get complacent
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by tayoast(m): 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2010
[size=30pt]CHELSEA[/size] [size=20pt]VS[/size] [size=30pt]MANCHESTER UNITED[/size] [size=30pt]POSTPONED[/size]
Posted on: Sat 18 Dec 2010

Sunday's game at Stamford Bridge has been postponed following consultation with the Police and the local authority.

There has been heavy snow in London on Saturday.

Should customers require a refund they can send the tickets back to the box office with credit card details and they will be cancelled. Customers are advised to send tickets back by Royal Mail special delivery in order for the tickets to arrive safely. Any tickets that do not arrive cannot be refunded.

All tickets WILL remain valid for the new date once it is confirmed.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2247370,00.html
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dyabman(m): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
bleep!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2010
After our seemingly unending trail of bad luck and darkness, what better way to see the light. I say Chelsea is the luckier of both teams as a draw - the result of the game - would have favoured Utd than Chelsea.

We have a chance to reverse this crap of late with a perennial spanking of our babies next week Monday. Now watch us breeze back to the top of the table.

Nothing do us.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by cougar1: 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2010
the russians bribed the police and the local authority to cancel this match knowing they were out of form. rubbish! they are not even sure the snow will start tonight and they cancelled a game 27 hours to kick-off. what is so difficult in chelsea fans walking to the stadium in this favorable condition?

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Moonstone(f): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2010
I'm sure this is Chelsea's ploy of having cold feet. I was so eager to continue our streak against y'all.
Don't worry though, this is quite flattering to us that Chelsea is so scared, they would fake a serious weather report so many hours before the event cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by AndreUweh(m): 1:58am On Dec 19, 2010
cou-gar:

the russians bribed the police and the local authority to cancel this match knowing they were out of form. rubbish! they are not even sure the snow will start tonight and they cancelled a game 27 hours to kick-off. what is so difficult in chelsea fans walking to the stadium in this favorable condition?

Quit being silly, how about the fans coming to the stadium when the roads leading to the stadium are not passable. The wheather prediction for match day is not good for the game to go ahead.
Moonstone:

I'm sure this is Chelsea's ploy of having cold feet. I was so eager to continue our streak against y'all.
Don't worry though, this is quite flattering to us that Chelsea is so scared, they would fake a serious weather report so many hours before the event cheesy
Another imbecilic thread. Did Chelsea cancel the match or the football league body?.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Moonstone(f): 5:34am On Dec 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Another imbecilic thread. Did Chelsea cancel the match or the football league body?.
Dude, are you calling your own thread imbecilic?

If you can't recognize a sense of humor, discard my posts because that smiley was there for a reason. Sheesh, stop being so uptight.
Bottom line - Whether we play you now or next year, we're still gonna win.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by cougar1: 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Quit being silly, how about the fans coming to the stadium when the roads leading to the stadium are not passable. The wheather prediction for match day is not good for the game to go ahead. Another imbecilic thread.

you're a big fool. yet another way in which the sport is becoming a fuckin joke. you never see a snowy pitch anymore, because if it's snowy enough for snow on the pitch, then it's too "dangerous" for anybody to try and get there. it's pathetic. i don't get how a game can be cancelled  27 hours before kick-off when the pitch has undersoil heating and it's ok. there'll be no fuckin concern about my health and safety when i have to go through treacherous conditions to get to my place of work on monday but football fans have the rights to be pampered.

stamford bridge on saturday afternoon.

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by HNIC(m): 9:38am On Dec 20, 2010
cou-gar:

it's pathetic. i don't get how a game can be cancelled  27 hours before kick-off when the pitch has undersoil heating and it's ok.
Same here.
An aerial view on Sunday at 2.00pm

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by cougar1: 11:17am On Dec 20, 2010
HNIC:

Same here.
An aerial view on Sunday at 2.00pm

it's no secret. chelsea didn't want the match to go on. they complained to the police and the local council and the match was cancelled. chelsea pay their prima donna players six figures and yet they cannot hire extra hands to clear the pavement 27 hrs before kick-off? the pitch was perfect and this wouldn't have happened if the match was at old trafford!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2010
conspiracy theories and all. . .  .Wetin we no go hear??

I wonder what difference it would've made since Arsenal cancelled there's albeit a few hours before kick off. And if im correct, they cited same reason as Chelsea's for the cancellation.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2010
^^

Arsenal's game was a different matter - the snowfall in the hours just before the game was quite heavy, and you'd struggle to clear the pitch in a couple of hours before the game, not to talk of clearing the paths and roads for supporters to get to the stadium.

Chelski on the other hand cancelled their game so early without any solid justification for doing so. Not that I'm buying the conspiracy theories or anything, but it is odd to cancel a game so far ahead.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 11:41am On Dec 20, 2010
If you've ever been to Fulham Broadway, you would know getting there is a Health and Safety hazard on a regular matchday talkless of when it snows like crazy. Fans usually get crushed waiting for the changeover at Earls Court, and you can imagine when it snows how much worse it would be. The reason why Chelsea have not received planning permission to increase SB capacity has nothing to do with the stadium, rather the limited access from the tube which is considered too dangerous for anything upward of our current capacity.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by cougar1: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2010
OMO IBO:

conspiracy theories and all. . .  .Wetin we no go hear??

I wonder what difference it would've made since Arsenal cancelled there's albeit a few hours before kick off. And if im correct, they cited same reason as Chelsea's for the cancellation.

the russians bottled it. they figured now isn't the time to face a united side in blistering form. 27 hours to kick-off and roman's employees cannot clear the pavements and roads leading to the stadium. chelsea fc is in the centre of london for heavens sake, and probably has the lowest proportion of the crowd driving to the ground of any team in the country. the tube ran efficiently on saturday and sunday so what's the excuse?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2010
the russians bottled it. they figured now isn't the time to face a united side in blistering form. 27 hours to kick-off and roman's employees cannot clear the pavements and roads leading to the stadium
Do you by any chance work for dailymail. I'm sure i read something similar on the sports page.

chelsea fc is in the centre of london for heavens sake, and probably has the lowest proportion of the crowd driving to the ground of any team in the country
See Ibimi's comment above

the tube ran efficiently on saturday and sunday so what's the excuse?
what tube are you referring to sir.
Practically all the tube lines over the weekend were either delayed for long periods or cancelled.
http://www.boriswatch.co.uk/2010/12/18/boriss-lies/

District line
Severe delays are occurring between Earls Court and Wimbledon due to emergency engineering work at Wimbledon

Hammersmith and city:
Severe delays are occurring due to adverse weather conditions.

the above information are for saturday and i'm sure you know know sunday was no better
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by cougar1: 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2010
OMO IBO:

Do you by any chance work for dailymail. I'm sure i read something similar on the sports page.
See Ibimi's comment above
what tube are you referring to sir.
Practically all the tube lines over the weekend were either delayed for long periods or cancelled.
http://www.boriswatch.co.uk/2010/12/18/boriss-lies/

daily mail my toe-nails. ibime is high on cheap crack. what has his comments gotta do with chelsea cancelling a match 27 hrs before kick-off. i can understand all the games that got cancelled on saturday. they had few hours to kick off when the snow started but chelsea had the time to have cleared the pavements and the roads leading to stamford bridge or get replacement buses ready for traveling fans. would chelsea cancel it if it was a european game?

District line
Severe delays are occurring between Earls Court and Wimbledon due to emergency engineering work at Wimbledon

there are replacement buses. you had 27 hours to sort this out. 27 hours!

Hammersmith and city:
Severe delays are occurring due to adverse weather conditions.

the above information are for saturday and i'm sure you know know sunday was no better

sunday was better. there was no flurry of snow anywhere in london on sunday so there was time to do a bit of gritting the roads and clearing the pavement for the traveling fans. there was nothing wrong with the pitch so the only problem was the pavements and there was more than enough time to clear it. if ipswich can bear the odds to play their match then shame on chelsea!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2010
daily mail my toe-nails. ibime is high on cheap crack. what has his comments gotta do with chelsea cancelling a match 27 hrs before kick-off. i can understand all the games that got cancelled on saturday. they had few hours to kick off when the snow started but chelsea had the time to have cleared the pavements and the roads leading to stamford bridge or get replacement buses ready for traveling fans. would chelsea cancel it if it was a european game?
Ibime's comment succinctly explains why and how the Chelsea match could not go on - magnitude of the game regardless. Having said that. We all knew what the weather forcast was going to be. Well, the clubs musta known. if it was that easy, the likes of Arsenal would made contigency plans to checkmate the weather's beef.

there are replacement buses. you had 27 hours to sort this out. 27 hours!
C'mon now. you are just making things up now. . . LOL

sunday was better. there was no flurry of snow anywhere in london on sunday so there was time to do a bit of gritting the roads and clearing the pavement for the traveling fans. there was nothing wrong with the pitch so the only problem was the pavements and there was more than enough time to clear it. if ipswich can bear the odds to play their match then shame on chelsea!
How was sunday better? You do realise that settled ice is way more dangerous than fresh snow itself.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of England are you sef?? Was/is the weather synonymous to that of Nigeria??
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Ibime(m): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2010
Emergency services are usually responsible for these decisions, not the club itself.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by tkb417(m): 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2010
I'm sure the game would be played b4 May. Anytime we play, its gonna be Victory for United!

If u like cancel till next summer, we dey wait for u
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by cougar1: 9:56pm On Dec 20, 2010
Ibime:

Emergency services are usually responsible for these decisions, not the club itself.

emergency services my foot! how come these emergency services didn't cancel ipswich/leicester match? blackburn/west ham nko? it's an embarrassment that some bent emergency services called off a game that was meant to kick off 27 hours later. emergency services did not stop you going to work this morning, why should it stop fans from traveling to the stadium to see a football game?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by khattab008: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2010
@Cou-Garcheesy situation at stanford bridge was completely different abi na 4 back of stanford bridge you dey live jst stop to dey yarn balls joor
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 21, 2010
@ Cougar/sauron

The game has been canceled, deal with it.
When next we meet, we'll whoop ur ass.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2010
BlueDiva:

@ Cougar/sauron

The game has been canceled, deal with it.
When next we meet, we'll whoop your backside.

I would also love to spank that bootay kiss tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by AndreUweh(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6606576,00.html
Hurray as Kakuta signs till 2015.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by codeb(m): 10:01am On Dec 22, 2010
That is sure good news for us. The kid is sure a raw talent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (109)

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.