Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:56 PM

Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner (13967 Views)

Narrate Your Worst Kissing Experience / 5 Things About Your Past You Should Never Tell Your Boyfriend/girlfriend / "Men Will Embarrass You!" A Nigerian Pastry Chef Took To Twitter To Narrate The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by EmpressT(f): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2019
Wow! People like you still exist. Some can't cope with it.
SmellingAnus:
I prefer we talk about everything including the past so that I will know how best to manage the babe... Infact I can't be with someone that is scared about talking about the past... I have my past mistakes too so there is nothing wrong if we learn from them... Although not all persons can handle information about the past maturely...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2019
EmpressT:
Wow! People like you still exist. Some can't cope with it.
Yes dear... What about it grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by redsocks(f): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2019
I took the time to come here and tell you

No!

Don't talk about any past. He will use it against you. He will male unnecessary reference to it whenever. How will you feel after that? Save yourself the pain and keep your mouth sealed.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by EmpressT(f): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2019
Yes dear. Some people can't cope with partners discussing about their past life. If you are matured enough to handle my past, then we are good to go. We are all bound to make mistakes in life. No one is perfect. All that matters is understanding with patience.
SmellingAnus:
Yes dear... What about it grin
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2019
EmpressT:
Yes dear. Some people can't cope with partners discussing about their past life. If you are matured enough to handle my past, then we are good to go. We are all bound to make mistakes in life. No one is perfect. All that matters is understanding with patience.
I love this... Infact, I will even be the one to start the discussion and tell you about some crazy stuffs I did and some good stuffs I did also... Infact, it's good to discuss... I have not been a saint either so why should I want to kill you with your past since I am also guilty of stuffs... I just love a relationship where everyone is free to say things the way it is even if it's their current mistakes...
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Martin0(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Only tell him the things you're comfortable to discuss with him. The rest is none of his business. It doesn't concern him if it happened before him. Remember that sometimes people will use what you tell them against you in the future, so choose your words wisely or just be prepared to defend yourself.
bravo wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by mechanics(m): 10:48am On Jan 21, 2019
Not bad.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by dollytino4real(f): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2019
SmellingAnus:
I love this... Infact, I will even be the one to start the discussion and tell you about some crazy stuffs I did and some good stuffs I did also... Infact, it's good to discuss... I have not been a saint either so why should I want to kill you with your past since I am also guilty of stuffs... I just love a relationship where everyone is free to say things the way it is even if it's their current mistakes...
Mr lecturer sabinus

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2019
dollytino4real:
Mr lecturer sabinus
my sweet madam...
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by ClassiqKufor(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2019
Taidi:

Nd what if he finds out elsewhere later?..it's better you let him/her know, if he/she really loves you, they'll stay..simple
What if he/she start acting up after hearing your so called past?? Or uses it against you in every mistakes you made. We can only forgive but extremely hard to forget.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by mkpurumma090(f): 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by EmpressT(f): 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
hmmm....lolz! Naso o! I can't come and strangle myself to pretend to be saint/a good girl when I know deep down I have some skeletons in my wardrobe. Who is afraid of who? Make I breath small. I perfectly understand what it means to love but when it comes to having a deep conversations, I can't back out o. Never! I must comfort what I am so scared to reveal. It is now left for him if he would accept me for me or not. I can't be someone who I am not. I love freedom to express myself in anyway. It is better to observe and study the kind of person you call a partner. Some don't have sympathy or conscience to acknowledge that this same issue can happen to anybody.
SmellingAnus:
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Taidi(m): 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
ClassiqKufor:

What if he/she start acting up after hearing your so called past?? Or uses it against you in every mistakes you made. We can only forgive but extremely hard to forget.

That was why i said..if the love is there they'll stay
Same thing happened btw I nd my Ex...i walked away bcox she wasn't remorseful..she was a flirt...some guys i know had a taste of her..i just couldnt stand that. Was hard for me to just forget man...was serious with her bt she wasnt taking me serious..we lasted just 6months
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
EmpressT:
hmmm....lolz! Naso o! I can't come and strangle myself to pretend to be saint/a good girl when I know deep down I have some skeletons in my wardrobe. Who is afraid of who? Make I breath small. I perfectly understand what it means to love but when it comes to having a deep conversations, I can't back out o. Never! I must comfort what I am so scared to reveal. It is now left for him if he would accept me for me or not. I can't be someone who I am not. I love freedom to express myself in anyway. It is better to observe and study the kind of person you call a partner. Some don't have sympathy or conscience to acknowledge that this same issue can happen to anybody.
honestly... If I were to make a choice on which nairalander to get married to, I will just pick you for having similar view with me about life... I don't expect perfection from people , it doesn't mean one shouldn't try to behave well but sometimes shit happens ... One of the sexiest things to me is Truth no matter how ugly... Even if I get mad, I will still console myself with the fact that you told me the truth which is a rare commodity in this world of pretence...
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by EmpressT(f): 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2019
Lolz! You're funny. Yeah. It is good to be comforted with the truth than being a wolf under the sheep. You can never tell who is right for you to bear all your crazy flaws. Pretense is a like a shit to me. hmmm...Life has given us so experiences and more are still coming.
SmellingAnus:
honestly... If I were to make a choice on which nairalander to get married to, I will just pick you for having similar view with me about life... I don't expect perfection from people , it doesn't mean one shouldn't try to behave well but sometimes shit happens ... One of the sexiest things to me is Truth no matter how ugly... Even if I get mad, I will still console myself with the fact that you told me the truth which is a rare commodity in this world of pretence...
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
EmpressT:
Lolz! You're funny. Yeah. It is good to be comforted with the truth than being a wolf under the sheep. You can never tell who is right for you to bear all your crazy flaws. Pretense is a like a shit to me. hmmm...Life has given us so experiences and more are still coming.
Sweet Chick ... You are very right dear... Hopefully our paths will continue to cross for good on nairaland...
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
obembet:
Good evening guys, please I have a question that has been bordering my mind for some months now since I met my spouse. All though I don't really have a bad past but I don't want my guy to see me as bad girl even through he has his own. So I want your advice if Is it right to narrate my past to my partner?

Please don't narrate ur past to him o.. U can just give him an idea of what u used to be but going into details is very bad and would do u both no good.. Besides ur in the present now.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by EmpressT(f): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
hmm... I hope so sweet guy. smiley
SmellingAnus:
Sweet Chick ... You are very right dear... Hopefully our paths will continue to cross for good on nairaland...
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by dollytino4real(f): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2019
SmellingAnus:
my sweet madam...
know let dem die o! my kpekus is carried which u know
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by lilmax(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2019
obembet:
Good evening guys, please I have a question that has been bordering my mind for some months now since I met my spouse. All though I don't really have a bad past but I don't want my guy to see me as bad girl even through he has his own. So I want your advice if Is it right to narrate my past to my partner?

And this is why it's important for every guy to know their girlfriends past

no wonder guys marry leftovers these days

no offense babe
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by lilmax(m): 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
duality:
People should learn to live a life that they will not be ashamed of in the future.

This stereotype of ' everyone has a bad past' is an unfortunate assumption that is aimed at justifying some of our weaknesses and make most people go deep into avoidable errors.

Determine you will live a pure life and you will not have dirty heavy baggage in life.
wonderful comment
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
dollytino4real:
know let dem die o! my kpekus is carried which u know
yes o ... True talk...
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by obembet(f): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
SmellingAnus:
my sweet madam...

You don taste her?
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by obembet(f): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
lilmax:
And this is why it's important for every guy to know their girlfriends past

no wonder guys marry leftovers these days

no offense babe

Your opinion. Thank u
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
obembet:

You don taste her?
Lol... Instead of you to focus on the advice you go receive, you wan know wether I don taste dollytino4real... smd. grin
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by holycrest(f): 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
she will use it against u
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by agboghai: 7:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
As regards the question the OP asked, if you know that your secrets can lead to the crash of your marriage with your spouse if he finds out, then you need to open up to him. It's better you tell him now than for him to find out later, then, it will be a case of betrayal of trust and you can never win it back.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by dollytino4real(f): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
SmellingAnus:
Lol... Instead of you to focus on the advice you go receive, you wan know wether I don taste dollytino4real... smd. grin
i knew dis will come up
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by dollytino4real(f): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2019
SmellingAnus:
yes o ... True talk...
ok thanks 4 bin my guy
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Daviduch19: 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
Yes please do
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
dollytino4real:
ok thanks 4 bin my guy
the pleasure is mine Sweet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

a / Can U Date Or Marry An Albino? / Fear Women!! I've Been Crying Uncontrollably After Reading This.. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.