Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe - Pets (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe (51626 Views)

Rate My Caucasian / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Sofia01: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2020
Updates sad sad
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
On Wednesday I got home and heard that Roscoe vomitted twice when I wasn't around.
I also noticed he was sluggish and he was laying down too much so I did a quick check-up on him.
All his vitals were looking normal so I felt maybe he just has a stomach irritation or something.
Later that day, he vomited 4 more times and he was also drooling too much, saliva was literally pouring out of his mouth and his eyes were rolling like he was dizzy.
I started panicking and went to check his newest vomit, when I looked at it I noticed it smelled like soap and also I found particles of soap in it.
After some minutes of investigation, I found out he ate a whole bar of soap that someone left outside.
I hurriedly forced palm oil down his throat and also gave him vitamin E tablet to swallow(it's a good antioxidant).
After that I put him on watch till I noticed the drooling and vomiting stopped.
I then gave him a lot of cold water to drink( he drinks cold water more than room temperature water).
I had to make sure he drank a lot to hydrate him after loosing much fluids, I also washed the remaining soap stuck in his teeth out then I fed him that night so he'll regain his strength.

He's fine now, the next day he regained himself and became active again.
I'm just glad it wasn't something more toxic and I was able to give him first aid fast.
In a different situation he could have been killed, I'm so happy nothing happened.

This is the second time he's scaring me with what he consumed, when he was about 6 months old I came back and he ran out to greet me, he was so excited he grabbed my handkerchief and ate it.
We had to wait a few days before he passed it out.
It could have caused an intestinal blockage or choked him but luckily nothing happened.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by vincentjk(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
IamAnderson:
On Wednesday I got home and heard that Roscoe vomitted twice when I wasn't around.
I also noticed he was sluggish and he was laying down too much so I did a quick check-up on him.
All his vitals were looking normal so I felt maybe he just has a stomach irritation or something.
Later that day, he vomited 4 more times and he was also drooling too much, saliva was literally pouring out of his mouth and his eyes were rolling like he was dizzy.
I started panicking and went to check his newest vomit, when I looked at it I noticed it smelled like soap and also I found particles of soap in it.
After some minutes of investigation, I found out he ate a whole bar of soap that someone left outside.
I hurriedly forced palm oil down his throat and also gave him vitamin E tablet to swallow(it's a good antioxidant).
I then gave him a lot of cold water to drink( he drinks cold water more than room temperature water).
I had to make sure he drank a lot to hydrate him after loosing much fluids, I also washed the remaining soap stuck in his teeth out then I fed him that night so he'll regain his strength.

I'm just glad it wasn't something more toxic and I was able to give him first aid fast.
In a different situation he could have been killed, I'm so happy nothing happened.

This is the second time he's scaring me with what he consumed, when he was about 6 months old I came back and he ran out to greet me, he was so excited he grabbed my handkerchief and ate it.
It could have caused an intestinal blockage or choked him but luckily nothing happened.

What a near death escape wow just woww, dogs are used to chewing things around the house and I still don't know the reason behind this. Guastaf and Augusto are fond of eating dried pawpaw stems and leafs then pass it out as stool smh

Imagine if you weren't around what would've happened
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2020
vincentjk:

What a near death escape wow just woww, dogs are used to chewing things around the house and I still don't know the reason behind this. Guastaf and Augusto are fond of eating dried pawpaw stems and leafs then pass it out as stool smh

Imagine if you weren't around what would've happened
yeah they just like picking up things and chewing them and they can't tell if it's dangerous or not.
I'm just glad I was able to administer first aid on time.
it would have been a tragedy
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by foolbuster: 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
IamAnderson:

Mtcheew, All these Agric dogs sef that use to behave like agric fowl. This one no know wetin be food again go chop soap. Like play like play ordinary soap for just kill this one. Soap wey even if na mistake dog take eat am they go just shit the thing out or just vomit am. But this one need palm oil plus vitamin E angry #endrant
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by agboedeh: 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
IamAnderson:

Gud to know he is fine nw
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by agboedeh: 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
foolbuster:

Mtcheew, All these Agric dogs sef that use to behave like agric fowl. This one no know wetin be food again go chop soap. Like play like play ordinary soap for just kill this one. Soap wey even if na mistake dog take eat am they go just shit the thing out or just vomit am. But this one need palm oil plus vitamin E angry #endrant
lol
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2020
agboedeh:
Gud to know he is fine nw
thanks bro
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
vincentjk:

I don't really supporting brushing dogs and all that, does a working dog need all these brushing and all that to survive?
hey I took pics of his teeth today after brushing him grin
see the reason I brush dogs, see how white the teeth are, plus the fresh breath especially if it's a dog that likes licking people.
I don't use human toothpaste tho, I get dog toothpaste from the vet.
it's not really necessary sha, it's just a preference, I hate that bad dog breath wink

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
I got a small ball for him some days ago and so far he likes it.
I went to get the unbreakable type from a vet shop but they said it's 10k for the small size and 15k for the big size shocked
I turned back immediately, I'll rather buy 100 naira ball 150 times than spend 15k on a football cheesy

He keeps taking the ball in his mouth and walking away with it whenever we throw it. and if you try to take it he'll growl at you like you're trying to steal from him.
so now you have to take it out of his mouth whenever he catches it so you can throw it again for him to chase.
i also noticed his mane has grown longer too, it was much shorter few months ago now it looks like a lion mane lol
he just turned 17 months old few days ago too, if you need him for stud services you can reach my line 09032973583
I stay at port Harcourt and if you want I can also board your female throughout the period.
bitches from other States are welcome too if you can handle the transportation smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by vincentjk(m): 8:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
IamAnderson:

hey I took pics of his teeth today after brushing him grin
see the reason I brush dogs, see how white the teeth are, plus the fresh breath especially if it's a dog that likes licking people.
I don't use human toothpaste tho, I get dog toothpaste from the vet.
it's not really necessary sha, it's just a preference, I hate that bad dog breath wink

They're really white, but do you also brush his tongue as well?? Because that's where the real odour oozes out lol... But my dogs mouth don't smell sha
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
vincentjk:

They're really white, but do you also brush his tongue as well?? Because that's where the real odour oozes out lol... But my dogs mouth don't smell sha
yeah I brush the tongue too cheesy
have you seen his recent pics bro?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by vincentjk(m): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
IamAnderson:

yeah I brush the tongue too cheesy
have you seen his recent pics bro?
Just saw them now omg this guy is really a damn giant mehn. How comes he's this fat, as in look at that neck

2 Likes

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2020
vincentjk:

Just saw them now omg this guy is really a damn giant mehn. How comes he's this fat, as in look at that neck
lol thanks man grin
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Dreazy23(m): 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
IamAnderson:
I got a small ball for him some days ago and so far he likes it.
I went to get the unbreakable type from a vet shop but they said it's 10k for the small size and 15k for the big size shocked
I turned back immediately, I'll rather buy 100 naira ball 150 times than spend 15k on a football cheesy

He keeps taking the ball in his mouth and walking away with it whenever we throw it. and if you try to take it he'll growl at you like you're trying to steal from him.
so now you have to take it out of his mouth whenever he catches it so you can throw it again for him to chase.
i also noticed his mane has grown longer too, it was much shorter few months ago now it looks like a lion mane lol
he just turned 17 months old few days ago too, if you need him for stud services you can reach my line 09032973583
I stay at port Harcourt and if you want I can also board your female throughout the period.
bitches from other States are welcome too if you can handle the transportation smiley

Congrats!! You’ve raise a giant(and he’s not done growing o)
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 5:06am On Feb 04, 2020
Dreazy23:

Congrats!! You’ve raise a giant(and he’s not done growing o)
thank you grin
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by okikiosibodu(m): 5:15am On Feb 04, 2020
IamAnderson:

Thank God o
I learnt from somewhere (can't remember where) that too much of pal oil is harmful to dogs. Is it true?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 6:17am On Feb 04, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Thank God o
I learnt from somewhere (can't remember where) that too much of pal oil is harmful to dogs. Is it true?
yes that's true, too much of any fatty thing is bad for dogs.
dogs have lower fat tolerance than humans, too much of it can cause vomiting or pancreatitis

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by okikiosibodu(m): 7:22am On Feb 04, 2020
IamAnderson:

yes that's true, too much of any fatty thing is bad for dogs.
dogs have lower fat tolerance than humans, too much of it can cause vomiting or pancreatitis
Wow. Thank you. It the case of might Roscoe, it was a remedy that was needed to neutral the toxin in his system... Question is.. Can milk be an alternative for a dog (I know for humans, palm oil and milk help to counter the effects of some toxins)
?
Also in the absentia of palm oil, what alternative can be used?
#ADogLoverEagerToLearn
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 10:56am On Feb 04, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Wow. Thank you. It the case of might Roscoe, it was a remedy that was needed to neutral the toxin in his system... Question is.. Can milk be an alternative for a dog (I know for humans, palm oil and milk help to counter the effects of some toxins)
?
Also in the absentia of palm oil, what alternative can be used?
#ADogLoverEagerToLearn
milk and activated charcoal also work, vitamin E too is an antioxidant
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by TCD: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2020
IamAnderson:

Hi nice thread you got.

What's the toilet and poop habit of your dog?

How did you train him to poop and pee at a particular spot and not within your house ?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by okikiosibodu(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2020
IamAnderson:

Thank you. It will be carved in my canine knowledge database

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 1:01am On Feb 05, 2020
TCD:

Hi nice thread you got.

What's the toilet and poop habit of your dog?

How did you train him to poop and pee at a particular spot and not within your house ?
he has never pooped or peed in the house before, even in his kennel too.
I was able to do that with routine, right from when he was very young I was always watching him to study his pooping habit, when I noticed he liked pooping after eating and peeing every few hours that was when I started letting him inside the house.
after feeding him, I send him out to poop and let him back inside when he's done.
then every few hours I take him out to pee too, within a couple of weeks, he was doing it by himself.
even if i wasn't paying attention once he wants to pee or poop he'll go and stand at the door and be looking at me to open it.
so we always made sure the door was open when he's inside.
even if he's playing he'll go out to do it and come back when he's done
the same with his kennel too, we never locked him up for too long, after some hours we let him out to pee and poop and he never did it it his kennel.
if he's locked up and he's pressed he'll come to the door of the kennel and be looking around waiting for someone to let him out.

there was one day when he was very young I forgot to let him out to pee and poop at night, at that time,he was sleeping in the visitors toilet.
he stayed there and cried for hours before I woke up and opened the door, he ran out immediately and went out to pee even before coming back to greet me.
it's just a matter of how you can keep up a routine, when you let a dog get comfortable around it's poop it'll feel it can do it anywhere.
if you start from an early age to show the dog where to do all that it'll learn and do it itself.

I've tried this on a puppy that was fond of pooping anywhere in the house and even eating it's own poop, within some time, the puppy started going to the big wastebin in the compound to poop where the poop could be easily scooped up and disposed in the wastebin.

2 Likes

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 1:30am On Feb 05, 2020
Nice potty train
My own dog bark and cry when I'm late to let her out 7dogs lol � I'm thinking of getting Caucasian maybe from roscoe
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 1:36am On Feb 05, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Nice potty train My own dog bark and cry when I'm late to let her out 7dogs lol �
that's good, how many dogs do you have now?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 1:37am On Feb 05, 2020
Spanishmilf:
I'm thinking of getting Caucasian maybe from roscoe
he hasn't been bred yet but maybe when the time comes smiley
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 1:52am On Feb 05, 2020
IamAnderson:

that's good, how many dogs do you have now?
Adult male rott
Adult male boerboel
Adult make gsd
2female boerboel puppies
I female German sherperd
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 2:19am On Feb 05, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Adult male rott Adult male boerboel Adult make gsd 2female boerboel puppies I female German sherperd 6
wow,that's a lot
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 3:08am On Feb 05, 2020
IamAnderson:

wow,that's a lot
I'm an upcoming breeder
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by foolbuster: 4:14am On Feb 05, 2020
Spanishmilf:

Adult male rott
Adult male boerboel
Adult make gsd
2female boerboel puppies
I female German sherperd

So which of them is your favourite and why?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Spanishmilf(m): 4:39am On Feb 05, 2020
foolbuster:

So which of them is your favourite and why?
The rottweiler
Always focus and very protective.
He doesn't bark unnecessarily, he is a silent killer cool
The GsD I will have him put down by God grace just 3k lethal injection, his aggressiveness his out of world � gave him to 3 people they return it back with stories, he is aggressive towards me, me wey use my money buy am.
And I have sister and mom lipsrsealed I no want stories lol
The rest are very playful, too playful and I like it I don't cage my dogs, I don't force aggressiveness in my dogs if you wanna be aggressive your choice, if you are destined to be playful your choice.
They play with strangers too lol they are just puppy tho
3-7month.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 7:52am On Feb 05, 2020
Spanishmilf:
I'm an upcoming breeder
that's nice smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Double Celebrations As My Dog Gives Birth Today! / Python Tried To Eat Family Dog And Mistakenly Swallows It's Blanket Instead / Chimpanzee Pictured Updating His Instagram Status And Watching Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.