Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe - Pets (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe (54345 Views)

Rate My Caucasian / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 10:32am On Feb 13, 2021
These are the first pictures of Roscoe I've posted since he turned 2 yrs old shocked
Trust me when I say he's bigger in person
He acts more mature now cheesy , he doesn't play like before anymore, he's more into guarding the compound or mating.
He's constantly marking the compound every single day now too
He's currently 2yrs+
I'm working on getting a female Caucasian soon, he's alone in the compound right now sad

4 Likes

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 8:17am On Feb 14, 2021
Oh my boy Marcus, daddy is missing you already *sobs*. I am so sorry I betrayed you, didn't act in time to save you from death.I lost my boy yesterday and I am still devastated and in shock.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 8:50am On Feb 14, 2021
It all started about 5days back, I discovered my Marcus had diarrhea, the stool was watery and green in colour, he was at the same time vomiting anything he took including water.

I had been battling with tick infection up until the stooling and vomiting started. So I gave him a chemical bath using amitraz, and at the same time had to fumigate the compound using sniper. Marcus was safely kept away from the compound during the fumigation exercise.
NB: The diarrhea and vomiting started before I gave him the chemical bath.

So I called my vet and informed him about the vomiting and diarrhoea, he asked if there were traces of blood in his stool and vomit and I said no, he then asked me to get flagyl, tetracycline, and BCO tablets to give my boy. Glucose was also poured into his water. But then his condition didn't improve, in fact it worsened. My boy didn't want to have anything except water, and the moment he drank the water he vomited every in no time.

I had to rush my boy down to another vet yesterday morning, and the vet immediately diagnosed parvo, I was devastated and kept praying to God to please save my boy. I believe the vet tried everything he could, he started by giving him drip to get him hydrated, but then at a point he just couldn't locate his veins anymore, his veins had totally collapsed, my boy's eye iris had turned green, I could see him fighting hard to survive, and I felt I had betrayed him.

Rest on my boy, I will forever miss you.

3 Likes

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2021
oshdot:
It all started about 5days back, I discovered my Marcus had diarrhea, the stool was watery and green in colour, he was at the same time vomiting anything he took including water.

I had been battling with tick infection up until the stooling and vomiting started. So I gave him a chemical bath using amitraz, and at the same time had to fumigate the compound using sniper. Marcus was safely kept away from the compound during the fumigation exercise.

So I called my vet and informed him about the vomiting and diarrhoea, he asked if there were traces of blood in his stool and vomit and I said no, he then asked me to get flagyl, tetracycline, and BCO tablets to give my boy. Glucose was also poured into his water. But then his condition didn't improve, in fact it worsened. My boy didn't want to have anything except water, and the moment he drank the water he vomited every in no time.

I had to rush my boy down to another vet yesterday morning, and the vet immediately diagnosed parvo, I was devastated and kept praying to God to please save my boy. I believe the vet tried everything he could, he started by giving him drip to get him hydrated, but then at a point he just couldn't locate his veins anymore, his veins had totally collapsed, my boy's eye iris had turned green, I could see him fighting hard to survive, and I felt I had betrayed him.

I'm so sorry
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Countrykvng(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2021
oshdot:

sorry for your loss bro
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Countrykvng(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2021
IamAnderson:
These are the first pictures of Roscoe I've posted since he turned 2 yrs old shocked
He acts more mature now cheesy , he doesn't play like before anymore, he's more into guarding the compound or mating.
He's currently 2yrs+
I'm working on getting a female Caucasian soon, he's alone in the compound right now sad

big boy Roscoe

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by nairamaniac: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
oshdot:

sorry for the loss.
pls how old was he?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
nairamaniac:

sorry for the loss.
pls how old was he?

He was 9months and 20days old
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by nairamaniac: 7:24am On Feb 23, 2021
oshdot:

He was 9months and 20days old
Left too early. I remember clearly when u got him from iamanderson.
But wait o, I thot there is a certain age that a Dog wouldn't contact parvo.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 10:58am On Feb 23, 2021
nairamaniac:

Didn't get him from iamanderson, plus I am still in doubt he died of parvo virus, yes he had diarrhea and was vomiting profusely, but there was no single trace of blood in his stool. Something tells me he died from tick fever.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2021
nairamaniac:

Oh no that's not vigil, vigil is own by rastalivity and he's doing fine, he's 5 months now

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by ghettochild4u(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2021
IamAnderson:

hey I took pics of his teeth today after brushing him grin
see the reason I brush dogs, see how white the teeth are, plus the fresh breath especially if it's a dog that likes licking people.
I don't use human toothpaste tho, I get dog toothpaste from the vet.
it's not really necessary sha, it's just a preference, I hate that bad dog breath wink
U come dey make to buy dog hungry me oooo...
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 7:38am On Feb 27, 2021
ghettochild4u:

U come dey make to buy dog hungry me oooo...
you're welcome grin
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by ghettochild4u(m): 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
IamAnderson:
Kendra littered 9 pups a few days ago but 3 came out stillborn sad
6 pups are still alive right now
3males and 3 females

The whelping wasn't easy, she littered from about 7pm till like 3am.
And there was a complication during the whelping, 2 puppies got tangled inside with their umbilical cord.
She was trying to pull them out herself but to no avail so I had to act fast.
I rushed and grabbed a pair of scissors and used a gas stove to disinfect it and cooled it under a tap.
I then put my hand and the scissors inside her vulva and dug around hoping I wouldn't cut her in the process, when I felt the cord I cut blindy and the pup fell out and fortunately they were both safe. This Thing happened 2x that night and there wasn't any injury or casualty to both pup or mum.
You Don turn vet already... Bravo

3 Likes

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by ghettochild4u(m): 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2021
IamAnderson:
He's currently 2yrs+
What do u expect.. He's not mating.. So the energy level no go dey to dey jump jump around..
Well, I read this thread from start to this very comment...
Kudos bro
If anyone needs any species or pedigree of dogs from South Africa.. Holla me
+27737839889

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 1:06am On Feb 28, 2021
ghettochild4u:

What do u expect.. He's not mating.. So the energy level no go dey to dey jump jump around..
Well, I read this thread from start to this very comment...
Kudos bro
If anyone needs any species or pedigree of dogs from South Africa.. Holla me
+27737839889
Lol he actually mates

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by ghettochild4u(m): 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
IamAnderson:

Lol he actually mates
Meant to type is he not actually mating..
No mind me.. Na so we go dey rush type n not proofread
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by rastaLivity: 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
IamAnderson:

Don't worry, god's time is the best cheesy
nairaland
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Prince3(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
IamAnderson:

Lol he actually mates
I had like a pup from your cau whenever available... Please hit me up
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by samuelthaking(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2021
What breed is this pup
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by samuelthaking(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
samuelthaking:
What breed is this pup

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 12:22am On Apr 25, 2021
Prince3:
I had like a pup from your cau whenever available... Please hit me up
sure

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Prince3(m): 1:12am On Apr 26, 2021
IamAnderson:

sure
Can I have your number Sir or please chat me on 0 9 1 3 8 6 7 0 4 4 8. I really needs some tips from you...
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2021
Prince3:

Can I have your number Sir or please chat me on 0 9 1 3 8 6 7 0 4 4 8. I really needs some tips from you...
sure 09032973583 text me on Whatsapp
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by BlissGod: 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2021
You're raising a caucasian with a mild hand. I hope t doesn't back fire. Caucasians are wonderful but stubbornness level is over a million. Better stay now to train him there is a thin difference between confidence and protection. He should be trained to never attack people when he's outside. Socialize him now maka tomorrow.

Call me for your Agro supply. I support rice, yam, palmoil, ginger, beans, elubo in bulk order. Call my signature
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2021
BlissGod:
You're raising a caucasian with a mild hand. I hope t doesn't back fire. Caucasians are wonderful but stubbornness level is over a million. Better stay now to train him there is a thin difference between confidence and protection. He should be trained to never attack people when he's outside. Socialize him now maka tomorrow.

Call me for your Agro supply. I support rice, yam, palmoil, ginger, beans, elubo in bulk order. Call my signature
lol he's one of the best socialized dogs I've ever met, I can confidently walk him through a full party with loud music and people dancing and he won't even flinch, I can also introduce him to people and even little children on the road and order him to sit and give them handshakes, even with all this, he can recognize threats and human agression, he can also recognize weapons, if you show any sign of agression around me or flaunt a weapon he'll switch immediately to protective mode and the same friendly dog is ready to bring whoever it is down.
not a lot of dogs can do that, training is not "hard hand, it's teaching a dog how to read and understand situations and know how to react properly.
and there is nothing strange with a dog meant for security or protection attacking people on the road, what matters is when and why it attacked, I walk my dog around 4am in the morning or 12-1am late at night, considering the security state of the country, wouldn't it be ridiculous if after carrying a dog like him I get robbed or attacked and he just panics?
as he is now, nobody can raise their voice at me or walk threatenly towards me when I'm out with him or even raise a weapon.
even if we're in a car, he can let people join us for rides but he also knows when to bark at or attempt to attack some other strangers that even attempt to touch the car.
he understands when to be aggressive and when to relax even without commands, just by reading the situation.
if he gets it wrong and tries to attack a person that is being mistakenly threatening, I use the "relax" command and he gets himself together.
if that's not balanced then I don't know what is

4 Likes

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
There's a female puppy from Roscoe available, in case anyone wants.
I rarely get the chance to upload his puppies here because they get taken immediately they're ready to move.
If you're interested in this girl send me a Whatsapp text on 09032973583
She's 5 weeks old and will be ready for a new home soon.
She'll be gone very fast so fastest person gets her wink

Asking price is 100k
Location is port Harcourt

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by 128aydin: 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
okay
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by nolywe(m): 9:30am On Feb 02, 2022
[quote author=IamAnderson post=109792127]There's a female puppy from Roscoe available, in case anyone wants.
I rarely get the chance to upload his puppies here because they get taken immediately they're ready to move.
If you're interested in this girl send me a Whatsapp text on 09032973583
She's 5 weeks old and will be ready for a new home soon.
She'll be gone very fast so fastest person gets her wink

Asking price is 100k
Location is port Harcourt
I have 50k
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Bbbwings: 11:52am On Feb 15, 2022
samguru:
I have been shouting Fidson since it was selling at #4 here, some people DM me and asked me to shut up that,the company's debt is too much.

Those that bought at a price below #4 oya come and drop your tithe oooo. grin grin grin grin grin

Watchout for Guinness Nigeria PLC , the share price may ballon to #70 this year mark my word and for my friends, you can enter my DM and abuse me grin grin grin grin

Hello sir. What's your view on intbrew.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by samguru(m): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bbbwings:

Hello sir. What's your view on intbrew.

I am neutral on International brewery.

Guinness has practically exited beer market for NB PLC , International Brewery and other small players in the market.

From reliable sources beer brewing is not that profitable again, because of the high production cost and this is both NB Plc and Int Brewery are not making much profits.

The spirit segment of brewing is the most profitable now, and that is the reason when you check products line of Guinness, spirit dominate.

Aboro lan so fun omo oluwabi, ti o ba de inu re a di o didi

Igi Ewedu koni wo pa wa oooooo

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by nairamaniac: 12:58pm On Mar 27, 2022
Iamanderson, I always wanted to ask.

Perhaps the answer to this question may even be inside this thread. But man cants read every post here.

The question is: did you train Roscoe to obey/understand certain commands?
Commands like: sit, stand, fetch, bark, don't bark, to your cage, etc
If yes, how did you go about it?

Also do you keep roscoe as an adult Indoors? Like inside your own apartment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) / Dog Protects Its Owner Who Slept At The Middle Of The Road After Being Drunk / Chimpanzee Helps A Man Climb Tree (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.