Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,514 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism (4311 Views)

After So Many Conversations With Theists, This Is My Conclusion About Them. / My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by budaatum: 3:47am On Nov 27, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Provide this evidence
budaatum:

Hmm. So if I don't go to church on Sunday, I am an atheist, or not a theist? I disagree. Or shall I say, not good enough for me!

I am an atheist. I am an atheist because there are no gods apart from those cooked up in the minds of those who believe in them. Gods only exist as figments of the imaginations in the mind.

Do note that I have since cooked up Gods in my mind where they now exist but since you are not capable of seeing the contents of my mind, I assume, I'm afraid you are not capable of engaging with the evidence.

Do let me know if I'm wrong though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Bacteriologist(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2020
budaatum:

No that does not make any sense at all so why did you say it?

Omg lol did you forget that quickly? lmao you said it here:

budaatum:

The evidence is that it is a belief. If it were provided believers would know.

I asked you to provide the evidence that gods do not exist. Because you said "there is SUFFICIENT evidence to categorically claim that gods do not exist."

And you replied with the quoted message. Jeez discussing with you people sometimes is frustrating.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by budaatum: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Omg lol did you forget that quickly? lmao you said it here:

I asked you to provide the evidence that gods do not exist. Because you said "there is SUFFICIENT evidence to categorically claim that gods do not exist."

And you replied with the quoted message. Jeez discussing with you people sometimes is frustrating.
My dear man, no one owes you evidence and I don't need to provide you any since I'm not here brainwashing you or asking you to believe or not believe. Funny though how you seem to spend so much time opening threads about things you do not believe exist. I'll go check if you have a thread about unicorns in case its a thing you do often.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
budaatum:

My dear man, no one owes you evidence and I don't need to provide you any since I'm not here brainwashing you or asking you to believe or not believe. Funny though how you seem to spend so much time opening threads about things you do not believe exist. I'll go check if you have a thread about unicorns in case its a thing you do often.
Bite of the Buda. LoL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
vaxx:
rejection is not the issue, but rejecting on what ground , perharps lack of evidence which does not take into account the philosophy of every atheist. There are some atheists who would say that they simply do not know if there is a god or not. They would claim that they are atheist not because they assert that there is no god but because they simply don't know, and that they really do have just a lack of belief (sincerely that is the line between agnosticism and atheism). In this case, is it still true that atheism is not a belief?

rejecting on what ground, knowing or what ? may be this question will perhaps enlight you?
I know it's impossible for God (s) to exist!!!!
I also know ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms!!!!!!!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
Bacteriologist:

The evidence of the belief that gods do not exist is that it is a belief.

Does that really make sense to you?
It's impossible for God (s) to exist because the definition of God (s) implies that NOTHING can exist!!!!!!
But how many times do I have to state that it's impossible for NOTHING to exist
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Bacteriologist(m): 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
Oh michigas post got removed grin I think he finally reached the text count limit of nairaland.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
Bacteriologist:
Having observed a lot of ignorant definition of Atheism and Atheists from Theists, I find it will be of great help to aid everyone in understanding what Atheism really means.

Let's start with what Atheism is not:

First, Atheism is NOT a religion. Religion is the belief in or worship of a supernatural/higher power. Which is exactly what atheists NEVER do. So, dear theists, again, Atheism is not a religion.

Atheism is NOT a belief. Atheism is a complete, total and absolute LACK OF BELIEF in all gods, goddesses and deities. Atheism is a rejection of belief and so therefore does not, in itself, require belief or faith as that would be illogical. You do not believe that Unicorns or leprechauns exist, do you? That's exactly how Atheism is, too.

Atheism DOES NOT offer explanation for the origin of the world. Being an atheist DOES NOT mean that one automatically accepts the big bang theory, or big crunch or "something from nothing." Some Atheists believe in the big bang while some others simply state that "We do not know YET how the universe came to be." Which seems to be pretty honest since no one knows for sure how the Universe started. So, beloved theists, Atheism is a total rejection of the belief that any god exists.

Atheism is NOT satanism: Rejection of belief in a supernatural god also includes rejection of belief in a supernatural devil. Get it, theists? God does not exist, same applies to Satan. We're not Satanists, we're atheists.

LASTLY, Satan is NOT an atheist: Satan is a fictitious deity who by definition has been "god's friend" according to most religion. So, literally, Satan is a theist and it makes it really stupid to say Satan does not believe God exists.

So there, Theists, is what you need to stop making up ridiculous conclusions about Atheists and atheism in general every now and then.

Atheists feel free to add other hasty generalisations about Atheism from theists that are often false.

Advertisement not paid for! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ignore yaldaboath worshippers tongue

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
Bacteriologist:
Having observed a lot of ignorant definition of Atheism and Atheists from Theists, I find it will be of great help to aid everyone in understanding what Atheism really means.

Let's start with what Atheism is not:

First, Atheism is NOT a religion. Religion is the belief in or worship of a supernatural/higher power. Which is exactly what atheists NEVER do. So, dear theists, again, Atheism is not a religion.

Atheism is NOT a belief. Atheism is a complete, total and absolute LACK OF BELIEF in all gods, goddesses and deities. Atheism is a rejection of belief and so therefore does not, in itself, require belief or faith as that would be illogical. You do not believe that Unicorns or leprechauns exist, do you? That's exactly how Atheism is, too.

Atheism DOES NOT offer explanation for the origin of the world. Being an atheist DOES NOT mean that one automatically accepts the big bang theory, or big crunch or "something from nothing." Some Atheists believe in the big bang while some others simply state that "We do not know YET how the universe came to be." Which seems to be pretty honest since no one knows for sure how the Universe started. So, beloved theists, Atheism is a total rejection of the belief that any god exists.

Atheism is NOT satanism: Rejection of belief in a supernatural god also includes rejection of belief in a supernatural devil. Get it, theists? God does not exist, same applies to Satan. We're not Satanists, we're atheists.

LASTLY, Satan is NOT an atheist: Satan is a fictitious deity who by definition has been "god's friend" according to most religion. So, literally, Satan is a theist and it makes it really stupid to say Satan does not believe God exists.

So there, Theists, is what you need to stop making up ridiculous conclusions about Atheists and atheism in general every now and then.

Atheists feel free to add other hasty generalisations about Atheism from theists that are often false.
Would you agree with me that a LACK of BELIEF is exactly the same thing as a GNOSTIC knowledge?

Gnostic knowledge is a Complete Knowledge about something!

A person who lacks a belief is either a DUMB/IGNORAMUS or one with a FACTUAL KNOWLEDGE!

Do you know why a Baby cannot be called an Atheist?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 5:24am On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Would you agree with me that a LACK of BELIEF is exactly the same thing as a GNOSTIC knowledge?

Gnostic knowledge is a Complete Knowledge about something!

A person who lacks a belief is either a DUMB/IGNORAMUS or one with a FACTUAL KNOWLEDGE!

Do you know why a Baby cannot be called an Atheist?

Yes an atheist is an ignoramus concerning god(s) since no facts concerning the existence of god(s) can be sufficiently demonstrated.

A baby has no concept of god(s) so cannot actively participate in the debate.

And no, lack of belief is not the same of gnostic knowledge since it carries no claim to knowledge in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 8:40am On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

Yes an atheist is an ignoramus concerning god(s) since no facts concerning the existence of god(s) can be sufficiently demonstrated.
Thanks for going straight to the conclusion. An atheist is an IGNORAMUS simply because he expects a Creator made up of Matter. And since such kind of Creator does NOT exist, he chooses with incomplete knowledge a POSITION of BELIEF!
He now comes around to claim that he lacks a belief

LordReed:

A baby has no concept of god(s) so cannot actively participate in the debate.
In other words, a baby is NOT a dumb IGNORAMUS neither does he have the capacity to KNOW the basic concept of God.

LordReed:

And no, lack of belief is not the same of gnostic knowledge since it carries no claim to knowledge in the first place.
It is my dear. A LACK of BELIEF is exactly the same thing as a GNOSTIC knowledge?

Let me give you some instances
1. I lack a belief in the existence of Superman or Spiderman.
Why!?
I have a complete knowledge about Superman or Spiderman to come to such a conclusion. Therefore, even if I choose to believe in Superman or Spiderman, it would be impossible because I know!
2. I lack a belief that 2+4=24
Why!?
I know for certain that 2+4=6, therefore it is impossible for me to believe that 2+4=24 even of I choose to.

A person can lack a belief ONLY and either he is totally IGNORANT or fully KNOWLEDGEABLE about a subject.

However,
3. Can a person lack a belief that the Nigeria would be the greatest nation on the face of the earth 200 years from now?

No!
One can disbelieve such assertion
and
One can believe such assertion

Both positions above has to do with INCOMPLETE knowledge and arguments can be thrown up in either direction!

It takes a certain form of TOTAL/COMPLETE knowledge to claim a DISBELIEF!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Thanks for going straight to the conclusion. An atheist is an IGNORAMUS simply because he expects a Creator made up of Matter. And since such kind of Creator does NOT exist, he chooses with incomplete knowledge a POSITION of BELIEF!
He now comes around to claim that he lacks a belief

Unless words no longer have the meanings we attribute to them then it is impossible for lack of belief to also be "a POSITION of BELIEF". A lack of something cannot by any stretch of the imagination also be the something that is in lack eg lack of food cannot also be food.

In other words, a baby is NOT a dumb IGNORAMUS neither does he have the capacity to KNOW the basic concept of God.

Ok

It is my dear. A LACK of BELIEF is exactly the same thing as a GNOSTIC knowledge?

Let me give you some instances
Why!?
I have a complete knowledge about Superman or Spiderman to come to such a conclusion. Therefore, even if I choose to believe in Superman or Spiderman, it would be impossible because I know!
Why!?
I know for certain that 2+4=6, therefore it is impossible for me to believe that 2+4=24 even of I choose to.

A person can lack a belief ONLY and either he is totally IGNORANT or fully KNOWLEDGEABLE about a subject.

However,
3. Can a person lack a belief that the Nigeria would be the greatest nation on the face of the earth 200 years from now?

No!
One can disbelieve such assertion
and
One can believe such assertion

Both positions above has to do with INCOMPLETE knowledge and arguments can be thrown up in either direction!

It takes a certain form of TOTAL/COMPLETE knowledge to claim a DISBELIEF!

Wrong. You don't need complete knowledge to lack the belief as you have already showed with the baby. In the atheist case it is basically that the proposition "god(s) exist" has not being sufficiently demonstrated to the point where an atheist will gain the knowledge of such of god(s). If the atheist has no knowledge of the god(s), how can he then at the same time have the knowledge of the god(s)? It's impossible.

Also lack of belief is not disbelief. Disbelief is an active rejection of a fact. If you said here look, my dog is sitting over in that room and indeed the dog was there but I still said I don't believe you, that would be disbelief. On the other hand if you said you had a dog but when I ask you where it is you mumbled some incoherent thing and I said well I'll wait to see the dog before I believe you, that is lack of belief. They sound the same but they are not. To be clear some atheists do say they actively disbelieve in all forms of god(s), I am not one of them so I couldn’t tell you how they arrived at their position.

1 Like

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

Unless words no longer have the meanings we attribute to them then it is impossible for lack of belief to also be "a POSITION of BELIEF". A lack of something cannot by any stretch of the imagination also be the something that is in lack eg lack of food cannot also be food.
Check again please.
I said
1. Atheists expect God to be made up of Matter
2. Since God is not made up of Matter they reject everything to the contrary
3. In other words, atheists are Basing their decisions on incomplete information.
3. My opinion: Since the information about God atheists want is incomplete, they have to believe the Creator doesn't exist
4. My conclusion: Atheists say they DO not disbelieve but they LACK a BELIEF! (Contrary to nos 3)

LordReed:

Ok
Of course Babies Cannot be Atheists. Their state of IGNORANCE is based on their intellectual capacity. Therefore, they cannot choose to believe, disbelief or even lack of belief. They just don't know anything.

LordReed:

Wrong. You don't need complete knowledge to lack the belief as you have already showed with the baby. In the atheist case it is basically that the proposition "god(s) exist" has not being sufficiently demonstrated to the point where an atheist will gain the knowledge of such of god(s). If the atheist has no knowledge of the god(s), how can he then at the same time have the knowledge of the god(s)? It's impossible.
I gave you two simple examples to illustrate what can be described as "LACK of BELIEF".

Why!?
I have a complete knowledge about Superman or Spiderman to come to such a conclusion. Therefore, even if I choose to believe in Superman or Spiderman, it would be impossible because I know they don't exist except inside comic books!
Why!?

The question of sufficient evidence has been taken care of earlier: as The Creator CANNOT be physical and thus physical parameters can not be objectively used to know Him.

It is stupidity to insist on using a Ruler to measure the diameter of an atom. The fact that such is impossible does not invalidate the existence of atoms. Such is the argument of atheists with respect to their claim of lack of "sufficient evidence".

LordReed:

Also lack of belief is not disbelief. Disbelief is an active rejection of a fact. If you said here look, my dog is sitting over in that room and indeed the dog was there but I still said I don't believe you, that would be disbelief. On the other hand if you said you had a dog but when I ask you where it is you mumbled some incoherent thing and I said well I'll wait to see the dog before I believe you, that is lack of belief. They sound the same but they are not. To be clear some atheists do say they actively disbelieve in all forms of god(s), I am not one of them so I couldn’t tell you how they arrived at their position.

Of course, a Disbelief is an active rejection of available facts.
A lack of belief is completely different. As stated above, a lack of belief is born out of Gnostic knowledge.

A Question: Which of these two options is closest to the truth
Do you
A. Lack a Belief that 2+5=25 or
B. Disbelief that 2+5=25
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:08am On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

Ok

If indeed the dog is there means the dog is known to be there or .,.....

If it is known to be there,why would there be rejection?

Does sincere rejection of knowledge not involve not knowing?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Check again please.
I said
3. In other words, atheists are Basing their decisions on incomplete information.
3. My opinion: Since the information about God atheists want is incomplete, they have to believe the Creator doesn't exist
4. My conclusion: Atheists say they DO not disbelieve but they LACK a BELIEF! (Contrary to nos 3)

Of course Babies Cannot be Atheists. Their state of IGNORANCE is based on their intellectual capacity. Therefore, they cannot choose to believe, disbelief or even lack of belief. They just don't know anything.

I gave you two simple examples to illustrate what can be described as "LACK of BELIEF".

Why!?
I have a complete knowledge about Superman or Spiderman to come to such a conclusion. Therefore, even if I choose to believe in Superman or Spiderman, it would be impossible because I know they don't exist except inside comic books!
Why!?

The question of sufficient evidence has been taken care of earlier: as The Creator CANNOT be physical and thus physical parameters can not be objectively used to know Him.

It is stupidity to insist on using a Ruler to measure the diameter of an atom. The fact that such is impossible does not invalidate the existence of atoms. Such is the argument of atheists with respect to their claim of lack of "sufficient evidence".

A lack of belief is completely different. As stated above, a lack of belief is born out of Gnostic knowledge.

Do you
B. Disbelief that 2+5=25

How is ignorance the reason for lack of belief and how is lack of belief a choice?

Babies are atheists....... even if LordReed says otherwise.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 11:13am On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Check again please.
I said

Of course it is based on incomplete information that's why we are ignoramuses on the question of whether god(s) exist and that's is why we lack belief. Why would we form a belief on incomplete information?

Why!?
Why!?

Wrong again. In other to form a belief you need information. If the information is not sufficient then a belief cannot be formed.

Do you
B. Disbelief that 2+5=25

No it is not. One could argue that that maybe DISBELIEF is tantamount to gnostic knowledge since the assumption is you know enough to actively disbelieve what is otherwise fact. Lack of belief does not make a claim to knowledge so cannot be gnotic in any form. Matter of fact many people who would hold this position would consider themselves AGNOSTIC atheists.

Neither since I KNOW that 2+5 = 7 not 25 and 2+5=25 is not a fact.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

If indeed the dog is there means the dog is known to be there or .,.....

If it is known to be there,why would there be rejection?

Does sincere rejection of knowledge not involve not knowing?

I don't know all the reasons why people reject facts but delusion is one reason.

Not always.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

How is ignorance the reason for lack of belief and how is lack of belief a choice?

This is like claiming the baby is Christian or Muslim simply because of the parents beliefs. It is neither nor can it to be said to be of any religious persuasion since it has no knowledge of these things. Or are you telling me you can be a Christian without knowing it?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Dtruthspeaker: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
Bacteriologist:

You conveniently put aside it's wider definition which says "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion."

So, atheism is a religion.

Bacteriologist:

Atheism is a rejection of belief and so therefore does not, in itself, require belief or faith as that would be illogical.

Atheism is a belief that rejects any other belief it chooses to reject.

Bacteriologist:

Atheism is NOT satanism: Rejection of belief in a supernatural god also includes rejection of belief in a supernatural devil. Get it, theists?
God does not exist, same applies to Satan. We're not Satanists, we're atheists.

Not all atheists but many of you have shown support for the doing of evil and even willfully done the evil themselves, even with joy exactly as what satanist do

Bacteriologist:

LASTLY, Satan is NOT an atheist: Satan is a fictitious deity who by definition has been "god's friend" according to most religion.. So, literally, Satan is a theist and it makes it really stupid to say Satan does not believe God exists.

I have never heard a believer in God ever say Satan is an atheist. I would say it is almost impossible for any of them to say so.

So this one is just plain bogus.

Bacteriologist:

Finally, the proof of Satanism. the evil of injustice and bias grin saying Atheists can break laws of Truth and good valid arguments, yet you say you are not satanists!

What a funny! cheesy
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Atheism is an assertion of disbelief in an idea.

A baby cannot have such kinds of assertion because it's mind cannot take the required position!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

It is not. It is, in general, the LACK OF BELIEF in the idea of god(s), specific atheists may express disbelief in the idea of god(s).
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

Of course it is based on incomplete information that's why we are ignoramuses on the question of whether god(s) exist and that's is why we lack belief. Why would we form a belief on incomplete information?
We don't believe what we have complete fact and information about. I can't believe the 2 apples plus 3 apples is five apples: I know that the total number of apples is 5 apples.

Belief and Disbelief are positions taking when we have reasonable and sometimes emotional cause for taking a position (usually because the information is not absolute)

I believe my wife loves me!
I believe Buhari will not be Nigeria's president in 2014!
I believe it is going to rain within the week!

Compare with the reverse:
I don't believe my wife loves me!
I don't believe Buhari will not be Nigeria's president in 2014!
I don't believe it is going to rain within the week!

Putin can claim he believes that he would win this war just as Zelensky can believe he would win the war.

Both leaders do not have complete information about everything that would be with respect to the war.
LordReed:

Wrong again. In other to form a belief you need information. If the information is not sufficient then a belief cannot be formed.
A belief is formed actually when the available information is not complete.

That is why a person can claim that he believes that he would pass a certain exam. But can he guarantee that he would not have brain injury before the exam?

LordReed:

No it is not. One could argue that that maybe DISBELIEF is tantamount to gnostic knowledge since the assumption is you know enough to actively disbelieve what is otherwise fact. Lack of belief does not make a claim to knowledge so cannot be gnotic in any form. Matter of fact many people who would hold this position would consider themselves AGNOSTIC atheists.

Neither since I KNOW that 2+5 = 7 not 25 and 2+5=25 is not a fact.
Do you believe that Peter Obi will win the 2023 presidential election?

Whatever position of Belief or Disbelief is a product of incomplete knowledge.

The only remaining factor is a state of Lack of Belief which is gnostic knowledge!

It is nonsensical to believe that 2+4 is 6.
It is nonsensical to disbelieve that 2+4 is 6.

It is reasonable to lack a belief that snails can be taught to speak English.

A lack of belief is a Gnostic state of knowledge.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

We don't believe what we have complete fact and information about. I can't believe the 2 apples plus 3 apples is five apples: I know that the total number of apples is 5 apples.

Belief and Disbelief are positions taking when we have reasonable and sometimes emotional cause for taking a position (usually because the information is not absolute)

I believe my wife loves me!
I believe Buhari will not be Nigeria's president in 2014!
I believe it is going to rain within the week!

Compare with the reverse:
I don't believe my wife loves me!
I don't believe Buhari will not be Nigeria's president in 2014!
I don't believe it is going to rain within the week!

Putin can claim he believes that he would win this war just as Zelensky can believe he would win the war.

Both leaders do not have complete information about everything that would be with respect to the war.

A belief is formed actually when the available information is not complete.

No, a belief is formed when the information is regarded as sufficient to reach a conclusion. Of course no one has absolute knowledge.

That is why a person can claim that he believes that he would pass a certain exam. But can he guarantee that he would not have brain injury before the exam?

Do you believe that Peter Obi will win the 2023 presidential election?

Whatever position of Belief or Disbelief is a product of incomplete knowledge.

The only remaining factor is a state of Lack of Belief which is gnostic knowledge!

It is nonsensical to believe that 2+4 is 6.
It is nonsensical to disbelieve that 2+4 is 6.

It is reasonable to lack a belief that snails can be taught to speak English.

A lack of belief is a Gnostic state of knowledge.

LoLz. You are like a kid trying to push a square block into a round hole. How can an AGNOSTIC atheist be in a GNOSTIC state of knowledge of god(s)? It seems for you words only have the meaning you give them.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

No, a belief is formed when the information is regarded as sufficient to reach a conclusion. Of course no one has absolute knowledge.
How is it different from
Belief and Disbelief are positions taking when we have reasonable and sometimes emotional cause for taking a position (usually because the information is not absolute). Here the available information is assumed to be sufficient to reach a conclusion.

LordReed:

LoLz. You are like a kid trying to push a square block into a round hole. How can an AGNOSTIC atheist be in a GNOSTIC state of knowledge of god(s)? It seems for you words only have the meaning you give them.
The Opposite of Belief is Disbelief.

If a DISBELIEF is borne out of incomplete information regarded as sufficient to reach such conclusions.

How then is a LACK of BELIEF different from a DISBELIEF?

You are the one defining a State of Lack of Belief as if you are defining a Disbelief!

A lack of Belief is a Gnostic state: hence one can lack a belief that 2+4= 35 there is no other sufficient information that can change you from this state.

You think the contemporary lords of atheism have done a good job defining atheism as a Lack of Belief?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

A baby cannot have such kinds of assertion because it's mind cannot take the required position!

Atheist from atheos.
The term theism derives from the Greek theos or theoi meaning "god" or "gods".

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

It is not. It is, in general, the LACK OF BELIEF in the idea of god(s), specific atheists may express disbelief in the idea of god(s).
Disbelief in the idea of god's existence (due to insufficient EVIDENCE)!

LordReed:

A Disbelief is formed when the information is regarded as sufficient to reach a conclusion.

Thus even though atheists define atheism as a LACK of BELIEF, it is a stupid definition because it assumes a Gnostic knowing of the fact of God's inexistence!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Disbelief in the idea of god's existence (due to insufficient EVIDENCE)!

A Disbelief is formed when the information is regarded as sufficient to reach a conclusion.

Thus even though atheists define atheism as a LACK of BELIEF, it is a stupid definition because it assumes a Gnostic knowing of the fact of God's inexistence!

God/Gods comes from Theos.

You can see from aTHIEST.
And it’s a title not a person.

So which particular god?
And hope you know you are a monolatrist?

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Atheist from atheos.
The term theism derives from the Greek theos or theoi meaning "god" or "gods".
Atheism is an assertion of disbelief in an idea of DEITES existing!

I am aware that atheists prefer to use the stupid idea of LACK of BELIEF rather than a DISBELIEF: as a lack of belief connotes a Gnostic state.

I completely lack a belief that 1+2=34!

A Belief requires an incomplete information or emotional attachment that is sufficient to arrive at a reasonable conclusion of believing.

A Disbelief requires an incomplete information or emotional attachment that is sufficient to arrive at a reasonable conclusion of disbelieving.

A Lack of Belief requires a complete information that rules out the possibility of believing but knowing!

You lack a belief that you are the President of the United States of America! Why?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Atheism is an assertion of disbelief in an idea of DEITES existing!

I am aware that atheists prefer to use the stupid idea of LACK of BELIEF rather than a DISBELIEF: as a lack of belief connotes a Gnostic state.

I completely lack a belief that 1+2=34!

A Belief requires an incomplete information or emotional attachment that is sufficient to arrive at a reasonable conclusion of believing.

A Disbelief requires an incomplete information or emotional attachment that is sufficient to arrive at a reasonable conclusion of disbelieving.

A Lack of Belief requires a complete information that rules out the possibility of believing but knowing!

You lack a belief that you are the President of the United States of America! Why?

And what’s a theist?

Heard of theology?

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

I don't know all the reasons why people reject facts but delusion is one reason.

Not always.

If they reject sincerely, it means they don't know it's a fact.

So ,they don't reject what they know to be correct,they sincerely and unwillingly reject even if they might say they do it by choice.

It actually happens by chance in their brains such that they know not that it is the truth they are rejecting.

In other words,their brains accidentally find the truth to be false.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo, Pst Adeboye Etc Are Not God Sent Becos They Are Wealthy. / Understanding Christianity And The Real Teachings Of Jesus Christ / Why Jon Snow Is Better Than Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.