Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism (4313 Views)

After So Many Conversations With Theists, This Is My Conclusion About Them. / My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

They are called agnostics, example are babies, you can see babies in bracket.

Still under types of atheists

Underline the heading
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
Bacteriologist:
Having observed a lot of ignorant definition of Atheism and Atheists from Theists, I find it will be of great help to aid everyone in understanding what Atheism really means.

Let's start with what Atheism is not:

First, Atheism is NOT a religion. Religion is the belief in or worship of a supernatural/higher power. Which is exactly what atheists NEVER do. So, dear theists, again, Atheism is not a religion.

Atheism is NOT a belief. Atheism is a complete, total and absolute LACK OF BELIEF in all gods, goddesses and deities. Atheism is a rejection of belief and so therefore does not, in itself, require belief or faith as that would be illogical. You do not believe that Unicorns or leprechauns exist, do you? That's exactly how Atheism is, too.

Atheism DOES NOT offer explanation for the origin of the world. Being an atheist DOES NOT mean that one automatically accepts the big bang theory, or big crunch or "something from nothing." Some Atheists believe in the big bang while some others simply state that "We do not know YET how the universe came to be." Which seems to be pretty honest since no one knows for sure how the Universe started. So, beloved theists, Atheism is a total rejection of the belief that any god exists.

Atheism is NOT satanism: Rejection of belief in a supernatural god also includes rejection of belief in a supernatural devil. Get it, theists? God does not exist, same applies to Satan. We're not Satanists, we're atheists.

LASTLY, Satan is NOT an atheist: Satan is a fictitious deity who by definition has been "god's friend" according to most religion. So, literally, Satan is a theist and it makes it really stupid to say Satan does not believe God exists.

So there, Theists, is what you need to stop making up ridiculous conclusions about Atheists and atheism in general every now and then.

Atheists feel free to add other hasty generalisations about Atheism from theists that are often false.
I wish I can hug u from the internet. Theists are a different brand of stupid and ignorant. And when you correct them, they still insist on calling you Satanist
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Still under types of atheists

Underline the heading

Under types of ATHIESM.

This is getting dumb.

Athiest means godless.

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

They are called agnostics, example are babies, you can see babies in bracket.

Under some varieties of atheism

Underline
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Under some varieties of atheism

Underline

Yes, and that is called agnostic

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Under types of ATHIESM.

This is getting dumb.

Athiest means godless.

Rubbish

Who is arguing godless with you?

Who said it's Godly?

You have started insulting later you will deny.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Yes, and that is called agnostic

Rubbish

I have stated the same thing before

But you kept repeating the line... what is your problem?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Rubbish

I have stated the same thing before

But you kept repeating the line... what is your problem?

Atheist are not agnostic

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Where did you see me write that?
Condition for atheism
1. Must be a human
2. Musl lack a belief in the existence of a deity

Therefore
An insane person on the street may lack a belief in any Deity BUT is he an Atheist?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Condition for atheism
1. Must be a human
2. Musl lack a belief in the existence of a deity

Therefore
An insane person on the street may lack a belief in any Deity BUT is he an Atheist?

You are describing agnostic.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Atheist are not agnostic

Nonsense

Who told you atheists are always agnostics,?

Those writers are not the ones to teach me certain things.

If you just want to insult ,.....Bleep off!!!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Nonsense

Who told you atheists are always agnostics,?

Those writers are not the ones to teach me certain things.

If you just want to insult ,.....Bleep off!!!

Ignorant !

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Ignorant !

To hell with your knowledge!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

You are describing agnostic.
I am describing an Atheist as per the definitions of LordReed , HellVictorinho4 and the OP- Bacteriologist

An agnostics is by default first an Atheist!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

I am describing an Atheist as per the definitions of LordReed , HellVictorinho4 and the OP- Bacteriologist

Then ask them?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

A person that has heard or read about God but doesn't believe is an atheist.

A person that has neither heard or read about and doesn't believe is also an atheist.

It's impossible to believe what you have not really recognized as a statement that is either true or false.

You also can't reject what you never recognized to be available for acceptance.

Literally,a baby or an infant is a person at the stage where there's no recognition of something to be accepted or rejected mentally as true or false.

So, you know the baby is an atheist because the baby can't recognize what means God exists or not.

The baby doesn't have to think about being an atheist.....it was never a theist.

Being an atheist doesn't mean thinking of being an atheist.

Adult atheists can think of other things.

Baby atheists don't think of things they can't process with their brains.

Atheists are people that don't think God exists.

They are not people that must be thinking of why God does not exist.

They don't have to state how God does not exist!

Their brains are to suggest that there's no thought worth God.

They are not meant to think when God is being discussed .

Not because their brains are useless but because they are yet to see or hear anything worth their brains about God

A baby expresses this by not pretending to have nothing to say or sincerely saying nothing while a non-baby always has something to say to express that God's existence is not worth thinking about.

How do you know he won't believe if he actually hears? So a person can believe in Jesus before they have heard of Jesus?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Then ask them?

BUT,
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

How do you know he won't believe if he actually hears? So a person can believe in Jesus before they have heard of Jesus?

I didn't say he won't believe.

I said he has no belief before hearing.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Belief come from doxa which means opinions.
Knowledge from episteme which means knowledge.
You know knowledge, you believe or don’t believe opinions.

“Without god” means you have heard opinions of gods but you don’t believe ANY of them.
When you lack a belief(opinions) that means you have never heard people talk about it, you are oblivious to it.
God is a title not a person.

The question was how is it disbelief, you didn't answer the question.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

I didn't say he won't believe.

I said he has no belief before hearing.

So how can you know he won't believe?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

The origin of the word says so.

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

BUT,

No.

Hope you know the definitions

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

So how can you know he won't believe?

You can't know if he will believe or not.

You can say you think he will believe but you can't determine how it will happen.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

The etymology as reported isn't enough to give a specific response to the questions here.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

The etymology as reported isn't enough to give a specific response to the questions here.

Hope you know what etymology means.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Hope you know what etymology means.

As reported
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Well I'll like to know how he is making the jump.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

As reported

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

You can't know if he will believe or not.

You can say you think he will believe but you can't determine how it will happen.

He can't be anything until he has had the time to decide, it's not automatic.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Then ask them?

To me Atheism has to do with a conscious/delibrate conclusion of rejection of the existence of a deity!

Therefore, Babies and Insane people cannot be Atheists. A person who cannot reason and make choices based such reasonings cannot be an atheist!

Therefore, Atheism cannot be a LACK of BELIEF but a DISBELIEF or REJECTION of BELIEF in any DEITY!

Your people refuse to learn because they read it from some Oyinbo website that Atheism is a lack of belief . SMH!!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

Well I'll like to know how he is making the jump.

Maybe he's forgotten those things have human writers... that may not be sure.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

The definition of Atheism as a Lack of Belief is nonsensical at best.

1. He is a person
2. He lacks a belief in any deity
All conditions for Atheism fulfilled according the LordReed , HellVictorinho4 and the OP- Bacteriologist

A human being in coma is also an Atheist!
1. He is a person
2. He lacks a belief in any deity
All conditions for Atheism fulfilled according the LordReed , HellVictorinho4 and the OP- Bacteriologist

LoLz. Wonderful, now we have switched to strawman. Bwahahahahaha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If God Refuses To Answer Your Prayers And You Consult Herbalist, Is It A Sin? / About The Mentor Of Pastor Kumuyi, And Pa Akindayomi Of RCCG / 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.