Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,476 members, 7,812,470 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism (4310 Views)

After So Many Conversations With Theists, This Is My Conclusion About Them. / My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2022
LordReed:

Lack of belief is a state of mind.

I lack the belief that you have a dog but my opinion is there is a 50% chance that you do have a dog. My lack of belief informs my opinion on your chances of actually having a dog. If in my mind I insltead believed you don't have a dog then my opinion could be I am 100% certain you don't have a dog. In either case I could not say anything about whether you have a dog or not and thus express no opinion on the matter. You cannot know my state of mind until I express it.

More like lack of belief doesn't mean no state of mind at all

Silence can also be used to express your state of mind.

If you don't respond,it means something is restraining you from responding.......so your state of mind is "SOMETHING IS REsTRAINING ME FROM RESPONDING
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Is it a must to think belief in God is not justified to be an atheist?

So, it's no longer about lacking belief ..... it's about having something to say about it or what?

I think it's unnecessary to think it's not justified to have belief to be an atheist.

You're making theists seem invited to an argument.

Haven't you seen that the debate about God is meaningless?

We're talking about an accidental development in the human brain.

What you call reasons to believe or not believe doesn't help to make the debate meaningful.

At birth , there's no belief whether or not anyone is arguing about his belief being justified.

The belief happens by chance upon exposure to a certain environment

It can only leave as it came or by chance.

This talk of choosing to believe or not believe is just a manifestation of the experience of what leads to or prevents the belief.

TenQ
This simply means that the definition of Atheism as LACK of BELIEF in the existence of Deities is meaningless especially if their was no justifiable reason to take such a position
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2022
LordReed:

I lack the belief that you have a dog but my opinion is there is a 50% chance that you do have a dog. My lack of belief informs my opinion on your chances of actually having a dog. If in my mind I instead believed you don't have a dog then my opinion could be I am 100% certain you don't have a dog. In either case I could not say anything about whether you have a dog or not and thus express no opinion on the matter. You cannot know my state of mind until I express it.
What you have simply described is a state of THOUGHTLESS conclusion!
If Atheism is that, I am sorry for you.

In your example:
Without thinking, you arrived at a conclusion that you lack a belief that I have a dog. That is , your lack of belief was a thoughtless event even though you can rationalize that it is a 50:50 chance that I could have a dog.

Is Atheism therefore a choice to block out the mind so as to claim a lack of belief?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2022
TenQ:

What you have simply described is a state of THOUGHTLESS conclusion!
If Atheism is that, I am sorry for you.

In your example:
Without thinking, you arrived at a conclusion that you lack a belief that I have a dog. That is , your lack of belief was a thoughtless event even though you can rationalize that it is a 50:50 chance that I could have a dog.

Is Atheism therefore a choice to block out the mind so as to claim a lack of belief?

Did you just leap to "without thinking"? Where in what I wrote did I say thinking is not involved?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
LordReed:

Did you just leap to "without thinking"? Where in what I wrote did I say thinking is not involved?
How did you arrive at the fact that you lack belief that I have a dog?

LordReed:

I lack the belief that you have a dog but my opinion is there is a 50% chance that you do have a dog. My lack of belief informs my opinion on your chances of actually having a dog. If in my mind I instead believed you don't have a dog then my opinion could be I am 100% certain you don't have a dog. In either case I could not say anything about whether you have a dog or not and thus express no opinion on the matter. You cannot know my state of mind until I express it.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2022
TenQ:

How did you arrive at the fact that you lack belief that I have a dog?

By reasoning based on the information I have.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2022
TenQ:

This simply means that the definition of Atheism as LACK of BELIEF in the existence of Deities is meaningless especially if their was no justifiable reason to take such a position

LordReed can't prove atheism is a position.

Before you even say there's no reason to believe in God, the atheism is already true.

Whatever you say or think against theism is a manifestation of an exposure not position that prevents belief.

The justification of this or that is the exposure that justifies it.....if you can prove it justifies it..... that's for both theists and atheists.

The exposure is not your assessment of the exposure ... the position is not the exposure.

The assessment is your position.

Your position is your assessment of the exposure that either allows or prevents the development of belief in God

You might think it's wonderful.

You might think it's a blessing.

You might think it's by chance.

You might think it's a choice.

But can you prove the exposure is by choice?

Did you choose to come across HellVictorinho4 when you guys never planned to meet such that it coincides with your belief disappearing...?.... imagine it has disappeared.

You might say you choose to believe but only a meaningless comparison of belief to other things supports that.

How do you know the baby is thinking?

It depends on what you mean by thinking.

If it's to have your mind accidentally focused on a particular case till you visualize, I won't ascribe it to babies.

But if it's to have an assessment or a consideration ,then I will.

An assessment is an activity that helps to assess something or the result of how you assess something.

It's demonstrated by moving or not moving literally certain parts of the body.

It starts from the brain but does not always end in the brain.

Visualization is an assessment that starts and ends in the brain.

An assessment determines the effect or outcome of an exposure on the exposed.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

And where did I state that that was my goal?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
LordReed:

And where did I state that that was my goal?

Exactly... never worth attempting.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Before you even say there's no reason to believe in God, the atheism is already true.

Whatever you say or think against theism is a manifestation of an exposure not position that prevents belief.

The justification of this or that is the exposure that justifies it.....if you can prove it justifies it..... that's for both theists and atheists.

The exposure is not your assessment of the exposure ... the position is not the exposure.

The assessment is your position.

Your position is your assessment of the exposure that either allows or prevents the development of belief in God

You might think it's wonderful.

You might think it's a blessing.

You might think it's by chance.

You might think it's a choice.

But can you prove the exposure is by choice?

Did you choose to come across HellVictorinho4 when you guys never planned to meet such that it coincides with your belief disappearing...?.... imagine it has disappeared.

You might say you choose to believe but only a meaningless comparison of belief to other things supports that.

How do you know the baby is thinking?

It depends on what you mean by thinking.

If it's to have your mind accidentally focused on a particular case till you visualize, I won't ascribe it to babies.

But if it's to have an assessment or a consideration ,then I will.

An assessment is an activity that helps to assess something or the result of how you assess something.

It's demonstrated by moving or not moving literally certain parts of the body.

It starts from the brain but does not always end in the brain.

Visualization is an assessment that starts and ends in the brain.

An assessment determines the effect or outcome of an exposure on the exposed.

Whenever System or a collection of Systems exist, their must be a builder of the system!

A system can never arise by accident as it is always a product of design.

Every system have a purpose!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
TenQ:

Whenever System or a collection of Systems exist, their must be a builder of the system!

A system can never arise by accident as it is always a product of design.

Every system have a purpose!

Well,there are ageless possessors of surfaces necessary for the limitlessness of existence which is not something that started 14 billion years ago but something that has no beginning and no end.

Such possessors have no creator but their combination with one another in different ways coincide with different ways to exist or the creation or disintegration of certain ways to exist as a combination.

The purpose of a specific combination of ageless possessors is to show a specific way to exist as a combination for no reason.

The purpose of an ageless possessor of surface is to remain as a non-combination or combine with other ageless possessors of surface to form a combination.

You are a combination.

Whatever you create by yourself such as your speech or writing or something material also involves a combination of ageless possessors of surface.

But you can't create what you never started.

The development of belief is accidental since the exposure that precedes it had no intention or plan to start it.

The belief gets started by the chance of an exposure you can't avoid as a belief-starter.

It can only end by the chance of an exposure you can't avoid as a belief-stopper.

The ability to state how the exposure happens also depends on chance in the sense that you might not have the mental capacity to state how and at the same time you might have such capacity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo, Pst Adeboye Etc Are Not God Sent Becos They Are Wealthy. / Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Understanding Christianity And The Real Teachings Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.