Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism (4309 Views)

After So Many Conversations With Theists, This Is My Conclusion About Them. / My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

God/Gods comes from Theos.

You can see from aTHIEST.
And it’s a title not a person.

So which particular god?
And hope you know you are a monolatrist?
I wouldn't say I understand your point!

Every Christian is aware that apart from the Creator , other Deites exist and are worshipped.

It is not even required by definition that a Theist worship any deity: it is sufficient for them to acknowledge their existence.

If you turn the above around

It is not required by definition that an Atheist NOT worship any deity: it is sufficient for them to refuse to acknowledge their existence.

Therefore, in the proper sense of definition; An Atheist is one who reject the existence of any deity!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

I wouldn't say I understand your point!

Every Christian is aware that apart from the Creator , other Deites exist and are worshipped.

It is not even required by definition that a Theist worship any deity: it is sufficient for them to acknowledge their existence.

It is not required by definition that an Atheist worship any deity: it is sufficient for them to refuse to acknowledge their existence.

Therefore, in the proper sense of definition; An Atheist is one who reject the existence of any deity!

So when they call someone atheist, it means they don’t Believe in the Christian god?
Or they don’t believe in any god?

I already told you, you are a theist and a monolatrist.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

So when they call someone atheist, it means they don’t Believe in the Christian god?
Or they don’t believe in any god?
Atheist: DON'T believe in the existence of ANY God/Deity!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Atheist: DON'T believe in the existence of ANY God/Deity!

What about Theist?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

And what’s a theist?

Heard of theology?
Deity is synonym for god!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Deity is synonym for god!

And God/god/GOD means same.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

What about Theist?

TenQ:

It is not required by definition that an Atheist NOT worship any deity: it is sufficient for them to refuse to acknowledge their existence.

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Theist means you BELIEVE in god/gods, as atheist means disbelief
So If you are particular about that god and you now WORSHIP that god out of other gods you are either a monolatrist or practicing hedonism.

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

And God/god/GOD means same.
God/god a title:
God for the Creator Deity
god for any other deity

Every Deity has his own name and identity.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

God/god a title:
God for the Creator Deity
God for any other deity

Every Deity has his own name and identity.

Yes god is a title.
So tell me your deity?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Theist means you BELIEVE in god/gods, as atheist means disbelief
So If you are particular about that god and you now WORSHIP that god out of other gods you are either a monolatrist or practicing hedonism.
The discuss is purely about Atheism and Theism without distinguishing different forms of both terms.

It seems you are just knowing of a term "monolatrist"!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

This is like claiming the baby is Christian or Muslim simply because of the parents beliefs. It is neither nor can it to be said to be of any religious persuasion since it has no knowledge of these things. Or are you telling me you can be a Christian without knowing it?

The baby doesn't possess knowledge of certain things just like the adult.

But the adult has passed through more though the adult might have a deformity that doesn't allow him or her to express his or her experience correctly.

Anyways, the baby also lacks belief in what he or she has not accepted to be specifically true without proof such as the existence of God which nobody can prove to have heard or seen anything about as an infant till he or she accepted the existence of such without the 'heard or seen something' being a proof.

Summary is there is no proof of any infant possessing any belief

Religious persuasion is different from lack of belief.

You don't need religious persuasion to lack belief.

The baby is an atheist whether or not the parents are atheists.

If I'm wrong ,why can't anyone including the Dtruthspeaker and TenQ prove their babies have the belief?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Yes god is a title.
So tell me your deity?
Who is your own Deity?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

The discuss is purely about Atheism and Theism without distinguishing different forms of both terms.

It seems you are just knowing of a term "monolatrist"!

Bwahahaha, it seems you don’t what “theism” is .
Theism means BELIEVE, when you go further to WORSHIP you fall in this categories.

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Who is your own Deity?

I own no God.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

But the adult has passed through more though the adult might have a deformity that doesn't allow him or her to express his or her experience correctly.

Anyways, the baby also lacks belief in what he or she has not accepted to be specifically true without proof such as the existence of God which nobody can prove to have heard or seen anything about as an infant till he or she accepted the existence of such without the 'heard or seen something' being a proof.

If I'm wrong ,why can't anyone including the Dtruthspeaker and TenQ prove their babies have the belief?

So according to you,
All ANIMALS are atheists!?

So according to you,
All PLANTS are atheists!?

So according to you,
All BUILDINGS are atheists!?

Yes or No!?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

I own no God.
Then it is not important a question for you!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Then it is not important a question for you!

Okay theist.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

Bwahahaha, it seems you don’t what “theism” is .
Theism means BELIEVE, when you go further to WORSHIP you fall in this categories.
Theism mean believe!?
SMH!!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Theism mean believe!?
SMH!!
What does aTHEISM mean?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

What does aTHEISM mean?
It mean
Maynmann:

Theism means BELIEVE,.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

It mean

What does aTHIESM mean?

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

So according to you,
All ANIMALS are atheists!?

So according to you,
All PLANTS are atheists!?

So according to you,
All BUILDINGS are atheists!?

Yes or No!?

An atheist is a person that doesn't believe in God.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by HellVictorinho4(m): 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

It mean

Worship is the expression of the belief in God by doing something noteworthy to show you believe or intending to show you believe.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Worship is the expression of the belief in God by doing something noteworthy to show you believe or intending to show you believe.

Is a person who acknowledges the existence of Deities but doesn't worship ANY an atheist or a theist?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

How is it different from
Belief and Disbelief are positions taking when we have reasonable and sometimes emotional cause for taking a position (usually because the information is not absolute). Here the available information is assumed to be sufficient to reach a conclusion.

The Opposite of Belief is Disbelief.

If a DISBELIEF is borne out of incomplete information regarded as sufficient to reach such conclusions.

How then is a LACK of BELIEF different from a DISBELIEF?

You are the one defining a State of Lack of Belief as if you are defining a Disbelief!

A lack of Belief is a Gnostic state: hence one can lack a belief that 2+4= 35 there is no other sufficient information that can change you from this state.

You think the contemporary lords of atheism have done a good job defining atheism as a Lack of Belief?
TenQ:

Disbelief in the idea of god's existence (due to insufficient EVIDENCE)!

A Disbelief is formed when the information is regarded as sufficient to reach a conclusion.

Thus even though atheists define atheism as a LACK of BELIEF, it is a stupid definition because it assumes a Gnostic knowing of the fact of God's inexistence!

Just tell me how an AGNOSTIC atheist is expressing GNOSTIC knowledge.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

An atheist is a person that doesn't believe in God.

I am using your definition of LACK of a BELIEF sir

All ANIMALS lack a belief therefore, are atheists!?

All PLANTS lack a belief therefore, are atheists!?

All BUILDINGS lack a belief therefore, are atheists!?

Please answer the questions above: can you see the stupidity of the term LACK of BELIEF!?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

What does aTHIESM mean?
Except you don't know what it means, just check my previous posts on this thread!
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by LordReed(m): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

The baby is NOT an atheist same way the baby is NOT a Christian, it cannot express any ideas regarding the subject. A person cannot be an adherent of something they have no knowledge of.
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by Maynmann: 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
TenQ:

Except you don't know what it means, just check my previous posts on this thread!

The different between atheism and theism is the “dis”

Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
LordReed:

Just tell me how an AGNOSTIC atheist is expressing GNOSTIC knowledge.
That's my point!
It is a very STUPID definition to claim that Atheism is a LACK of BELIEF!

All ANIMALS lack a belief therefore, are atheists!?
Re: Dear Theists, This Is The Real Definition Of Atheism by TenQ: 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
Maynmann:

The different between atheism and theism is the “dis”

So according to you, Atheism is a DISBELIEF and not a LACK of BELIEF!?

Many of your kind disagree with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Idahosa Said If T.B. Joshua Is Not Of God, He Won't Survive 7 Years / Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.