Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) (114511 Views)

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / 2012 Ranking (from Richest To Poorest) For Gross Domestic Product Based On PPP / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Bialegend(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
Paddy Lo Wrote:

I feel Enugu and Anambra should be higher. . .

In Anambra,a lot of informal business goes on in the markets and manufacturing of car parts. .

And you actually think the ranking was done based on state's economic performance ability? If is was done on such, then Anambra will come second only to Lagos. Fact is that who ever rated this nonsense based the rating on how much money the states are getting from the Niger Delta oil money. Useless and nonsense rating.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by fesse(f): 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2010
shocked :oImo state number 5 shocked shocked shocked

No roads, schools, hospitals, houses, ELECTRICITY, etc
civil servants are not paid for years
lecturers are on their own

God please deliver Imo state from the hands of 419NERS.

Abia state is now a sorry state, God forbid bad thing.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by eddybanty(m): 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
kogi cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Beync(f): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ilekedi, which ekiti do u said should be 5th? dat place that is dry as dry fish, the only job there is civil service, abeg their position make sense, e fit them no be small, nothin dey their atall.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by 1105(f): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
[size=15pt]EDOSTATE Cant BE 7TH, NEVER,
IT SHOULD BE RANKED 38TH OR 39TH SEF,

THAT STATE IS STARK POOR
NO ROADS,NO LITE,NO JOBS, THE ONLY THING THATS GOOD ABOUT THE STATE IS RING ROAD,

RUBBISH
[/size]
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by 1105(f): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
eddybanty:

I weep 4 kogi, i weep 4 naija. With all d natural resources(iron/steel) in AJAOKUTA. Politics,embezzlement and powerplay has made it to be in camotose. Kogi should be in d 1st ten but 4 neglect, Idris u dey hear!

LOL, EVEN AS EDO STATE BAD REACH, WHEN I SEE KOGI STATE I KNOW SAY EDO GET HOPE~
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chino11(m): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2010
Anambra remains an economically & comercially vibrant state in Nigeria after Lagos. So am very sure that dis list has another purpose it intends to achieve not economic indices. One of the major factor 2 determine GDP is thru d banks followership. Economic activities anywhere in d world attracts banking sector, Anambra ranks d 3rd after Lagos & Rivers states in banks atraction in nigeria. Economic activities in Onitsha & Nnewi alone is bigger than all d economic activities in d entire south-east and beyond put togather. With seaport & cargo airport coming up soon in Anambra, am sure Lagos should brace 4 economic war coming,
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by tkb417(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
kemisuga:

Omo Ogun, "Ise Ya" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ise ya 2ce
Omo Ogun ise ya grin grin
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by nehemaih: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2010
My Benue not too bad but, should be better, i mean this is food basket of the Nation.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by SABalogun: 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
How sure is this? Anywhere, lagos rocks.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Ayowumie(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
190.:

[size=15pt]EDOSTATE Cant BE 7TH, NEVER,
IT SHOULD BE RANKED 38TH OR 39TH SEF,

THAT STATE IS STARK POOR
NO ROADS,NO LITE,NO JOBS, THE ONLY THING THATS GOOD ABOUT THE STATE IS RING ROAD,

RUBBISH
[/size]
A higher GDP doesnt necessarily translate into better standard of living. In view of this, a social indicator of development is in place and is the

major basis on which countries are ranked on the Human Development Index. To objectively determine the state(condition) of the state in Nigeria,

we definitely need to go beyond the calculation of the GDP. For instance, Nigerian GDP has increased in the 40 years but the irony of this is that

despite this increase, STANDARD OF LIVING was better in the 70s than now.

If anyone disagrees, FACTS speak for themselves.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Beync(f): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2010
We are not doubting the fact dat anambra hav wealthy people but the fact is that they dont

invest much in their state which shud hav acrue more income to the state.

Go to lagos and port harcuort  u l see dat the highest supermarkets and orther ivestment are

own by anambra men, then how do you espect the Gdp of anambra to take the lead wen the

indigenous people of anambra are busy investing in others states thereby increacing other states Gdp.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by segzicres(m): 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
where is abuja na!!! i was thinking abuja would be like the second? are u sure this thing i correct?
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by tkb417(m): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ayowumie:

A higher GDP doesnt necessarily translate into better standard of living. In view of this, a social indicator of development is in place and is the

major basis on which countries are ranked on the Human Development Index. To objectively determine the state(condition) of the state in Nigeria,

we definitely need to go beyond the calculation of the GDP. For instance, Nigerian GDP has increased in the 40 years but the irony of this is that

despite this increase, STANDARD OF LIVING was better in the 70s than now.

If anyone disagrees, FACTS speak for themselves.
we had fewer mouth to feed in the 70s

and the facilities were just adequate for the population
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Obiagu1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
Source, WIKIPEDIA  embarassed
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by fyncorp: 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ohakim keep complaining ''no money'.He should visit Lagos and Rivers and see what it means to be man of the people.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by alexleo(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
my state is 5th. Thats encouraging but the Governor is not a fantastic performer though. He needs to try more. I pray these Governors will sit up and do the right thing for their states. Enough of this 'do-nothing' posture they are taking. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by HamidO1(m): 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
[size=8pt]See wat dat good for nothin old man called saraki did 2 my state,  only God can save us from dat father n son cabal, angry sad
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Afam4eva(m): 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
Beync:

We are not doubting the fact dat anambra hav wealthy people but the fact is that they dont

invest much in their state which shud hav acrue more income to the state.

Go to lagos and port harcuort  u l see dat the highest supermarkets and orther ivestment are

own by anambra men, then how do you espect the Gdp of anambra to take the lead wen the

indigenous people of anambra are busy investing in others states thereby increacing other states Gdp.

It's not about the wealthy Anambra indigenes but about the business activities going on there.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Harzan(m): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
AO I WISH DAT BUKOLA SARAKI READ DIS!!!
STUPID GOVNOR DOIN TRASH AND HUMBLY ANALIZIN HIMSEF IN GOODIES TO D PUBLIC.
NAIJA, GOD IS THERE 4 US!!!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Harzan(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
Hamid O:

[size=8pt]See wat dat good for nothin old man called saraki did 2 my state,  only God can save us from dat father n son cabal, angry sad

Abioooo, good 4 nothing family!

Our dear state!!!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
Abia 12 surprise after what the Orji's state fund scam wow.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2010
See Oyo State for Number 4.

Aji sebi Oyo laari, Oyo ki se bi Baba enikan kan

In my assesment I think Oyo should be number 1.

Reason: We have the worst Governor in Nigeria hands down by a country mile which contributes negatively.

Assuming we remove Akala and remain Governorless that negative would be out and we would move to Number 2 or 3.

If we now happen to have a good governor for even 1 month e.g fashola No State can catch us.

No worry when I become Governor of Oyo, I would return us to our position as Pacesetters!!!!!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by smasher1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2010
If I dey tell people say Delta state get too much money for few population, dem no dey believe. Now You can see it. Statistics dont lie, it is people that lie.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by tpiah: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
na everything just dey trip dayokanu.

he trips about his state, he trips about his alma mater, he trips about being a man, he trips about being a nigerian man (everyone wants them, according to him).

na wa.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Obiagu1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
[size=24pt]SOURCE![/size]
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by buzugee(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
my state is number 1 yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin we run tings bruv
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Beaf: 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2010
For the benefit of Tpia and her babapupa. grin grin grin

When population is taken into account, Delta state is number 1 (the richest), followed by Rivers.
[size=14pt]Up Delta![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/308603_Chart_of_Nigeria_Density_Per_Capita_Income_jpgb53d7f63531eaa9211b9b106b840f608
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2010
tpiah:

na everything just dey trip dayokanu.
he trips about his state, he trips about his alma mater, he trips about being a man, he trips about being a nigerian man (everyone wants them, according to him).
na wa.

Dont you think thats Sexy hun? I trip about even quoting Tpiahs posts
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by JUO(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2010
where is the delta state money?
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Obiagu1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2010
[size=32pt]SOURCE[/size]
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by enomakos(m): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 28+ Funny Photos Of Jonathan Vs Buhari Presidential Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.