Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) (114512 Views)

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / 2012 Ranking (from Richest To Poorest) For Gross Domestic Product Based On PPP / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by citous(m): 11:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
I dont think Imo state ranks as high as portrayed. This list is a tad bit fishy.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by THEAMAKA(f): 12:56am On Aug 21, 2010
seanet02:

is that hate? its my view because i have visited the two states more than five times, bros its nothing to write home about
just because YOU THINK its nothing to write home about doesn't mean they aren't amongst the top ranking.
just that the money is being used elsewhere or being sent to Swiss banks, idk.
most Nigerian states are nothing to write home about anyway, so. . . ?
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by oloritinu: 1:05am On Aug 21, 2010
please is this ranking published by the federal government

because i have strong believe that OYO STATE can not be 4th on the list , the stupid governed Akala can not pay his workers he is owing them few months salary .
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chuqudy(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2010
Why Lagos? I think Rivers and Delta should be number one. Imo is number 5. Where is the Imo Money going to. Ohakim should be impeached.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by manony: 10:09am On Aug 21, 2010
the comparison should be on GDP per capita. I am sure Bayelsa will go straight to the top.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by JUO(m): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2010
Why Lagos? I think Rivers and Delta should be number one
have u been to Lagos and see what is going on there? , okada riders, bus drivers, hawker, aeroplane in and out, heavy duty vehicle in and out the country and interstate, smugglers, cars, weapon, lasma, wharf, warehouse, e.t.c  Lagos State get money from these things.
are they in your state?
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by kcreal(f): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2010
My state is the 5th. Ndi Imo kwenu.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by MUZBO(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2010
Yeeeeeeee!!! They told us th@ Yobe was the poorest then during NYSC. . .so na true!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by MUZBO(m): 11:37am On Aug 21, 2010
so Lagos has this much yet refuse to pay Drs and wait till they strike before negotiating.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by MUZBO(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2010
kcreal:

My state is the 5th. Ndi Imo kwenu.
Big deal!! Can I post u a medal because unfortunately th@s all u get from this 'democrazy'
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chuqudy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
JUO:

have u been to Lagos and see what is going on there? , okada riders, bus drivers, hawker, aeroplane in and out, heavy duty vehicle in and out the country and interstate, smugglers, cars, weapon, lasma, wharf, warehouse, e.t.c Lagos State get money from these things.
are they in your state?

You have just said the point. Smugglers, weapon,criminals, alaes, 419ners, drug pushers etc. So that is where Lagos get its money? Yoruba Ndo.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2010
mama-gee:

At least it's in Nigeria. . .And it's a wealthy place at that.
Yeah,you are right on track just that Abuja has a different status entirely but it's more or less a state because it has a minister and a minister of state that serve as a governor and deputy and also area councils that stand as local government.the budget appropriation is tendered to the National Assembly for approval.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Theblessed(f): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2010
[size=18pt]Hmmm! So, we have states that are this poor? It's obvious, they are zones of struggles and sufferings, ain't they? Why then, do this government continue to create more states when these, are not doing that great? Goes to show how these politicians can manipulate and mislead us. Why create more states, why?

At least resources can be directed at developing these poor states, creating jobs, improving roads, education and health systems respectively etc instead of stealing our money in disguise via the creation of more silly states.  What an excuse!

For those involved in this act, never mind, your days shall come, when you all will get a measure of your own selfishness and wickedness!
[/size]
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by yme1(f): 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2010
MY State is number 7

thats cool kiss
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by kildran: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2010
chuqudy:

Why Lagos? I think Rivers and Delta should be number one. Imo is number 5. Where is the Imo Money going to. Ohakim should be impeached.

By their comments, u shall know them. Apparently u neva commot 4 yr village. You apparently know nothing abt Lagos.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by daroz(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2010
I am happy that Edo is ranked among the 1st seven. wink Oba gha tor kpere, ISE!!!!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by manny4life(m): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2010
kildran:

By their comments, u shall know them. Apparently u neva commot 4 yr village. You apparently know nothing abt Lagos.

That was funny, lol grin grin grin

I'm surprised that Anambra and Enugu is ranked halfway, that ain't right.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by kobikwelu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2010
THIS list is pure bunkum!!!

cos we have no official statistics in this country

how can anambra, enugu be ranked below edo

does it actually make sense,

what criteria did they use

onitsha mainmarket!!! nnewi where all the home made spareparts in the country are made

this list is crap
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chibaby5(f): 7:34pm On Aug 21, 2010
O wow neva knew we were dat rich to be in da top 10! grin grin
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by chuqudy(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2010
kildran:

I know Lagos more than you. I have gone almost over 18 states in the country including FCT. What can Lagos produce that can be compared with oil. The only thing is that Obasanjo your brother handed Bayelsa oil field that produces over 120 thousand barrel of crude oil every day to Lagos State. If not, Lagos and Onitsha are the same. Come to business, Onitsha and Aba has it in quantum. Come to airport, almost every state has airport now. Come to transportation, Hotels, etc, they are in every state. So shut up your mouth.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Beaf: 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2010
chuqudy:

You got that right, dude. When it is done per capita, Delta state comes first and Rivers second.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by steveaj(m): 6:34am On Aug 22, 2010
This data is not reliable. The first 3 should be correct but putting Bayelsa so low is never correct therefore, I would not accept the data and would not use it for anything.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Redman44(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2010
I'm happy that some form of classification about Nigerian States has been made. Though I don't completely agree with the table, I feel it is a huge step forward towards ensuring that data collection becomes a normal thing in Nigeria. Many Nigerian Governors are not performing because they have not been really confronted with facts and figures that will make them bury their heads in shame cry cry cry Another thing I've come to discover is that Nigerian youths have to start worrying greatly about the destiny of the country. When we genuinely start to worry about the state of things in Nigeria, we will be forced to do something about the problems we face on a daily basis. We need to start thinking about how we can get our leaders to develop the country by initiating projects they will be glad to be part of. This requires deep thinking.

@poster, thanks for starting this thread. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by KnowAll(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2010
[b]Ghana is hoping to make $1 billion dollars from oil sale next year, yet different calibre of Nigerians from the high and mighty, to the low and sublime, are all rushing to buy and invest in houses in Ghana. I was suprise when a friend of mine here in London said he has almost finish building his house in Ghana and he is a Nigerian. I said why Ghana and not Nigeria, he said Ghana is just well organise than Nigeria, although he has land in Abuja which he is also developing too, but most likely he told me his house in Ghana would be ready b4 the one in Abuja.

The moral of the story is Rivers State gets $3 billion dollars from the fedeartion account including direvatives, yet her population is under 5 million where-as Ghana a soverreign nation with a popultion of 18 million people would be expecting a 3rd of what River's State currently gets. Why are Nigerians investing in Ghana and not in Rivers, Bayelsa OR Akwa Ibom.

The simple answer to this question is that all 3 Governors are corrupt, they are clueless rogues only ready to line up their own pocktets, the income accrued to Rivers, Bayelsa, and Akwa Ibom is enough to turn those places into an eldorado.
[/b]
River's  planned a ring road got cancelled.

Now River State is planning to build a monorail system I hope this comes to fusion.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Maximip(m): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2010
Nothing will change unless we do something. why don't we just kill all politicians above 40 years old. If people
are willing to contribute money, I can organize it. N60k per politician, bad leader.
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Abagworo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2010
KnowAll:

[b]Ghana is hoping to make $1 billion dollars from oil sale next year, yet different calibre of Nigerians from the high and mighty, to the low and sublime, are all rushing to buy and invest in houses in Ghana. I was suprise when a friend of mine here in London said he has almost finish building his house in Ghana and he is a Nigerian. I said why Ghana and not Nigeria, he said Ghana is just well organise than Nigeria, although he has land in Abuja which he is also developing too, but most likely he told me his house in Ghana would be ready b4 the one in Abuja.

The moral of the story is Rivers State gets $3 billion dollars from the fedeartion account including direvatives, yet her population is under 5 million where-as Ghana a soverreign nation with a popultion of 18 million people would be expecting a 3rd of what River's State currently gets. Why are Nigerians investing in Ghana and not in Rivers, Bayelsa OR Akwa Ibom.

The simple answer to this question is that all 3 Governors are corrupt, they are clueless rogues only ready to line up their own pocktets, the income accrued to Rivers, Bayelsa, and Akwa Ibom is enough to turn those places into an eldorado.
[/b]
River's  planned a ring road got cancelled.

Now River State is planning to build a monorail system I hope this comes to fusion.

Very interesting that little rivers earns thrice from oil in comparison with ghana.naija na wa!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by adigun101: 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2010
Looking at the comments so far and common knowledge.
The ranking of Anambra state has voided the viability of this list.
it is wayyyy of the mark !
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by Enotfare: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2010
Upon all these, we still do not have light in this 20th century!!!!! cry
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2010
Enotfare:

Upon all these, we still do not have light in this 20th century!!!!! cry
lol 21st wink
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by CrudeOil2(m): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2010
A very questionable list!
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by hammer07: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2010
wait o! what's OYO state doing up there? shocked
Re: Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) by mrmayor(m): 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2010
So everyone is unhappy about the ranking of their State, I don't blame you. I want to see the ranking of what each State/ LGA contributes to Federal Account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 28+ Funny Photos Of Jonathan Vs Buhari Presidential Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.