Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot (23983 Views)

Ladoja Calls For Amnesty For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu As FG Did For Boko Haram / Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China / FG Shielding Akpabio From Prosecution For Corrupt Allegation ― Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by RTSC: 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
sulaimania2003:
Then corruption continue since no penalties for it.
That means you want to take Nigeria backward, where everybody can steal with the aim to return it if caught.
Then with you corruption never end.
But that is the current policy of your so called anti corruption fighter.
So how is he taking you backward?

How many corrupt persons have jailed under the buhari administration?
When buhari was promising this same policy, why didn't you tell him he is taking you backward?

Atiku wants to implement the same policy of the buhari administration, at the same time ensure the economy does not suffer.
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Cyoung4real(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Bar1941(m): 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Better than joining APC and keeping the loot

See reasoning!.....I salute your level of mumuness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Rotimi47: 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
Freedom to loot as you will and later surrender part of your loot; that is if you Wish! shocked

Politicians go like this Man die! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by hush15: 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
yns4real:
An opposition presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday said he would consider granting amnesty to corrupt persons willing to surrender their loot.

Mr Abubakar said this while appearing with his running mate, Peter Obi, at a live town hall programme hosted by ace journalist, Kadaria Ahmed.

Mr Abubakar said he would consider drawing a line during which corrupt former public officials would be allowed to return their loot without prosecution. After then, strong policies would be put in place to prevent and fight corruption.

Mr Abubakar said it would be more prudent to allow looters return their assets to Nigeria tax free and invest them in order to boost the country’s economy.

Host Kadaria Ahmed suggested that Mr Abubakar’s proposal could be morally problematic, especially since he has faced corruption allegations since leaving office as Nigeria’s vice president in 2007.

“If you are to go and be prosecuting these people, you will still be prosecuting them and would not get the money,” Mr Abubakar said. He suggested that a similar scheme under past administration yielded over $4 billion.

“Whether it is moral rectitude that you want to achieve or you want to see a fast development of your country,” Mr Abubakar asked rhetorically.

The position was backed by Mr Abubakar’s running mate, Mr Obi, who said it is better than to allow looters keep their plunder just by joining another political party.

Mr Obi’s statement appears a jibe at President Muhammadu Buhari, who has been repeatedly accused of tolerating corruption amongst his political associates while going after opposition members.

Mr Obi said the Buhari administration has fought elusive corrupt people at the detriment of the Nigerian economy, which he said has been haemorrhaging jobs since the government was inaugurated in 2015.

Mr Buhari has denied going after opposition members.

On Wednesday evening, reports emerged that Babachir Lawal. a long time associate of Mr Buhari’s who was fired in 2017 for alleged stealing of funds meant for the internally displaced victims of Boko Haram, had been arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Mr Lawal’s delayed prosecution despite overwhelming evidence had been a spectre on Mr Buhari’s anti-corruption drive for several months.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/308947-breaking-i-will-consider-amnesty-for-corrupt-persons-willing-to-surrender-loot-atiku.html

Stop sensationalizing what he said. ni gerians can twist facts and gullible ones will start saying trash
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by martineverest(m): 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Better than joining APC and keeping the loot
dokpesi, obanikoro,Olu falae, anenih plea bargained and were freed.....same with what Atiku is suggesting but uses the wrong words
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by RTSC: 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
martineverest:
dokpesi, obanikoro,Olu falae, anenih plea bargained and were freed.....same with what Atiku is suggesting but uses the wrong words
Don't mind them.

Infact, the very corrupt elites have benefited from this policy under the buhari administration.

None of them is in jail.
The obanikoro case is a clear example.

At least with atiku we know that the economy will not suffer, while looters reinvest their loot into a free flowing economy devoid of senseless strangulation.
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by UncletC: 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
the interview was great, atiku is the next president.... they made solid response to every questions and if you match the response with APC govt, APC has no intelligence really

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by drskyfly007(m): 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
APC media workers have overtaken this thread! Lolz
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by blowjob: 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
ATIKU JUST MADE A RAM OF HIMSELF, MR CHINA TRYING TO REPAIR DIA CORRUPT RAM ASS.. grin grin grin

SAI BUHARI.

LESSONS FOR EVERY DIRTY NIGERIA, UR SINS WOULD ALWAYS FIND UR ASS OUT.

SAI BABA BUHARI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by muffyt05: 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
Coming from the same Atiku...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by supereagle(m): 10:01pm On Jan 30, 2019
He should begin first, He stole Nigeria assets.

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by somehow: 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Chai, these people are just disgracing us in the front of the world.

If people like these become your leaders, don't be angry if any other county call you a citizen of corruption since your leaders about to make it your national heritage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by mymadam(m): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
decatalyst:
I just feel like laughing...and i don't know why

grin grin

Abeg laugh jare grin

Make me sef join u jare grin grin grin
tongue

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Abdelux223: 10:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku and looting are 5&6
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
abc115:
Amnesty for himself. ..
Atiku is a joke..The man greed no be here...4th wife! lipsrsealed leemme no say anything...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Ndubuisipaul1: 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku you are just saying too much these days

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by eyinjuege: 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2019
Why not jail?
Let's not make stealing attractive please

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by JohnsonG(f): 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2019
Formal vice president looted $40million?
in his tenure and up till now baba didn't do anything about it...
i sense foul play there.

abc115:
Amnesty for himself. ..
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Smartphelz: 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
Sensationalise what he said anyway you like. Honest Nigerians got the message

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Awoleesu(m): 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
One easy carrot to dangle before the average Nigerian electorate is the "corruption fight" jingle.

I can read sooo many comments invective against Atiku, and claiming he's corrupt so he is not fit to fight corruption...

Hmmm, too many kids!

Well, even if you weren't born then, at least you can check history... Nigeria and corruption is like a snail and its shell. Our economic system does not thrive on idealism and the laws of economic indices. It thrives on welfarism and opportunism This has always been the case from the beginning till tomorrow!

Many a voters just want to cast their votes and expect the president to be some magician, or rainmaker! We believe government has the money, so let them make every citizen comfortable! This is the height of economic Utopia!

Let's ask ourselves, how many of us voluntarily pay our taxes?

How many employed Nigerians are enrolled in the N-Power program to the detriment of the truly unemployed?

The political class aren't helping matters either. They promise heaven on earth to the willing lazy manna expectors!

Every system that works requires the input of every organ and units within itself. And I think this "Anti-corruption' jingle has long lost its sonance... What we need is to get the system overhauled and stop wasting precious, competitive time on the so-called fight against corruption, which in any case, has a way of describing whom we are!
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Femijohn198: 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
atiku Na scam
Sharpmouth19:
Atiku and corruption just like bread and butter,stic together forever
atiku Na scam

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by martowskin1(m): 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
princemillla:
Mehn Atiku really didn't impress me with this. There is no way Atiku will fight corruption with this amnesty thing.

We want every single person's who have squandered our money prosecuted and sent to prison. Not amnesty.

We need to get tough and not giving them a soft landing to gain popularity and majority

And how has the giving them tough be yielding so far?

Do u know how much can be recovered if we give them soft landing?

The thing is this, the system was porous which lead to all the immense looting, so u lick it, with strict protection.

Then those who have looted, give them soft landing to recover the fund and boost the economy with it

We have millions of dollars stucked in offshore accounts and we are here borrowing money upanda ,

See in the next 30yrs, if we continue like this we won't see all the loot, tech is improving and ability to hide money is getting more easy

All we need is moving this nation forward not holding to the past, because we can't change it....
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by fortune1968: 10:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku ! what will.then be the position of The Rule of Law ?
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Sharpmouth19(m): 10:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku and corruption just like bread and butter,stic together forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by princemillla(m): 10:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
martowskin1:

And how has the giving them tough be yielding so far?

Do u know how much can be recovered if we give them soft landing?

The thing is this, the system was porous which lead to all the immense looting, so u lick it, with strict protection.

Then those who have looted, give them soft landing to recover the fund and boost the economy with it

We have millions of dollars stucked in offshore accounts and we are here borrowing money upanda ,

See in the next 30yrs, if we continue like this we won't see all the loot, tech is improving and ability to hide money is getting more easy

All we need is moving this nation forward not holding to the past, because we can't change it....

Don't get me wrong,
Buhari system of fighting corruption is totally different from what I advised.
Once u join the party ur sins are forgiven. Giving amnesty won't help us in a long term. If you are found corrupt, you should be throughly investigate and probe. Irrespective of where you belong
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by baysol: 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
yns4real:
An opposition presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday said he would consider granting amnesty to corrupt persons willing to surrender their loot.

Mr Abubakar said this while appearing with his running mate, Peter Obi, at a live town hall programme hosted by ace journalist, Kadaria Ahmed.

Mr Abubakar said he would consider drawing a line during which corrupt former public officials would be allowed to return their loot without prosecution. After then, strong policies would be put in place to prevent and fight corruption.

Mr Abubakar said it would be more prudent to allow looters return their assets to Nigeria tax free and invest them in order to boost the country’s economy.

Host Kadaria Ahmed suggested that Mr Abubakar’s proposal could be morally problematic, especially since he has faced corruption allegations since leaving office as Nigeria’s vice president in 2007.

“If you are to go and be prosecuting these people, you will still be prosecuting them and would not get the money,” Mr Abubakar said. He suggested that a similar scheme under past administration yielded over $4 billion.

“Whether it is moral rectitude that you want to achieve or you want to see a fast development of your country,” Mr Abubakar asked rhetorically.

The position was backed by Mr Abubakar’s running mate, Mr Obi, who said it is better than to allow looters keep their plunder just by joining another political party.

Mr Obi’s statement appears a jibe at President Muhammadu Buhari, who has been repeatedly accused of tolerating corruption amongst his political associates while going after opposition members.

Mr Obi said the Buhari administration has fought elusive corrupt people at the detriment of the Nigerian economy, which he said has been haemorrhaging jobs since the government was inaugurated in 2015.

Mr Buhari has denied going after opposition members.

On Wednesday evening, reports emerged that Babachir Lawal. a long time associate of Mr Buhari’s who was fired in 2017 for alleged stealing of funds meant for the internally displaced victims of Boko Haram, had been arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Mr Lawal’s delayed prosecution despite overwhelming evidence had been a spectre on Mr Buhari’s anti-corruption drive for several months.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/308947-breaking-i-will-consider-amnesty-for-corrupt-persons-willing-to-surrender-loot-atiku.html
Let's start with him first.
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Felixv: 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
atiku spent 8yrs as VP and all he can say is --I have the experience --where are the projects or accomplishments.

I guess he forgot about the privatization program or the money he laundered to his forth wife in the states.

buhari will talk about the railways,roads,empowerment programs etc.

come Febuary the slaughter would be complete..

sai buhari 2019 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anselm Ojezua: Oshiomhole Lied, We Notified Him That We Wanted Indirect Primary / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Newly Upgraded Glover Memoriall Hall / Soludo Pays Condolence Visit To Ex-Governor, Ezeife Over Death Of His Wife (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.