Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot (23984 Views)

Ladoja Calls For Amnesty For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu As FG Did For Boko Haram / Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China / FG Shielding Akpabio From Prosecution For Corrupt Allegation ― Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by BlackBaron: 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
Buhari lacks many skillsets in ruling Nigeria and then you get Atiku, a most hypocritical aspirant.
I worry for the future of Nigeria seeing this 2 are the strongest candidates.

Would have been the best time for a 'Third force' but instead they're so divided that it makes it an exercise in futility.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by bizzibodi(m): 10:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
How are they gonna persuade corrupt politicians to return their loot just like that, when they never agreed they loot in d 1st place,u 1st hav to use court to prove that they looted b4 u can do please bargain with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by phronesis(m): 10:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
He should consider amnesty for himself and return our loot. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Oponel1962: 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
Will he surrender too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Elliot2(m): 10:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
princemillla:
Mehn Atiku really didn't impress me with this. There is no way Atiku will fight corruption with this amnesty thing.

We want every single person's who have squandered our money prosecuted and sent to prison. Not amnesty.

We need to get tough and not giving them a soft landing to gain popularity and majority
he doesn't need to impress u before he makes sense to high IQ people. u as an ordinary Nigerian make not serve in a country like ours that full blown war is directed at corruption. Every aspect of the nation will stand still! Only through a systematic blockage of corruption through system improvement can achieve it; it is not the macho man style of your idol.
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by charlsecy(m): 10:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
byinks:
Oshiomole says join APC and your sins are forgiven IS THAT NOT THE SAME AS AMNESTY ? ? ?
They are not same if you compare it with Atiku said. Atiku's is far more practical.
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by SternProphet: 10:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
RTSC:
But is that not the current policy of the buhari government?

Release your loot and get amnesty.

Why are these Yoruba apc numb nuts on nairaland making it sound like a new policy?

Buhari is doing this. OBJ did it. In fact it's a routine administrative procedure for the recovery of loot. Atiku/PDP dont have an original program aside looting. I have read their manifesto. They copied APC. The only difference was NNPC privatization. Buhari wants to sell only refineries. Atiku will sell everything including everybody on Nairaland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
kennygee:

So it's better to sweep their sins under the carpet and bring them into APC?
far better than amnesty. It's like encouraging corruption. This man can never change. Smh. If you can't jail them, don't encourage them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 30, 2019
SternProphet:

Buhari is doing this. OBJ did it. In fact it's a routine administrative procedure for the recovery of loot. Atiku/PDP dont have an original program aside looting. I have read their manifesto. They copied APC. The only difference was NNPC privatization. Buhari wants to sell only refineries. Atiku will sell everything including everybody on Nairaland
and use the proceeds to enrich his friends. Saraki and co.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku,if na play,abeg stop am immediately

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Elliot2(m): 10:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
PhukaPhuka:
grin
i once heard from a conspiracy theorist that somebori wanted to set atiku up just like it was done to a past state gov but as a wise guy, he diverted n lodged d money somewhere else. so when he didn't show up at where he was meant to go, where he would have been caught and accused of money laundering. Someone therefore got angry that his plan was thwarted, started singing atiku is corrupt to moan his lose when those money were not returned back to him.
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by aku626(m): 11:11pm On Jan 30, 2019
princemillla:
Mehn Atiku really didn't impress me with this. There is no way Atiku will fight corruption with this amnesty thing.

We want every single person's who have squandered our money prosecuted and sent to prison. Not amnesty.

We need to get tough and not giving them a soft landing to gain popularity and majority

I swear Nigerians don’t like the truth. Bro take a look at this govt of all the billions or trillions stolen by the previous. Administration how many people are behind bars, of Sowore or Moghalu get there they won’t be able to do jack, ask Buhari na is it easy to bite the finger that fed you?
Bros it’s better they return the money first let them use it and work, slowly and gently we’d get there
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by sulaimania2003(m): 11:11pm On Jan 30, 2019
RTSC:

But that is the current policy of your so called anti corruption fighter.
So how is he taking you backward?

How many corrupt persons have jailed under the buhari administration?
When buhari was promising this same policy, why didn't you tell him he is taking you backward?

Atiku wants to implement the same policy of the buhari administration, at the same time ensure the economy does not suffer.
In the first place, I don't know the so call corruption Fighter you are taking about.
Secondly,I can see you are for Atiku, And will support any thing from his side. But I am talking for Nigeria.
See when people realize that the worst punishment for stealing is just taking back what they stole,That is if at all they were caught. Then people will see stealing as just a normal thing and before you know it"The Shop is empty " ☺
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by kolaaderin: 11:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
hush15:

Stop sensationalizing what he said. ni gerians can twist facts and gullible ones will start saying trash
At least you can see the link. And the fact is that he actually said it as it is
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by KuwaiitiDinar: 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
And this one still has supporters
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by kolaaderin: 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
sulaimania2003:

In the first place, I don't know the so call corruption Fighter you are taking about.
Secondly,I can see you are for Atiku, And will support any thing from his side. But I am talking for Nigeria.
See when people realize that the worst punishment for stealing is just taking back what they stole,That is if at all they were caught. Then people will see stealing as just a normal thing and before you know it"The Shop is empty " ☺

This is why we need to stop Atiku and PDP, else our next generation would see looting as a career where you loot and perfect not to get caught or even when caught just to return a fraction and walk free.
I will advice Nigerian to be patient with Bubu, slow and steady we are getting there.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Monotheist(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
Amnesty Well, Putin used it in Russia and it worked but believe Atiku at your peril.
#NoToAPC
#NoToPDP
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by rusher14: 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
aku626:

I swear Nigerians don’t like the truth. Bro take a look at this govt of all the billions or trillions stolen by the previous. Administration how many people are behind bars, of Sowore or Moghalu get there they won’t be able to do jack, ask Buhari na is it easy to bite the finger that fed you?
Bros it’s better they return the money first let them use it and work, slowly and gently we’d get there

And they would return it because of amnesty abi?

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Damco007(m): 11:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
What I don't understand with the APC supporters is why they fail to mention the gains achieved by the APC in their false claim of fighting corruption. Whether they like it or not. The PDP government of Obasanjo made strong effort in fighting corruption. An instance is the establishment of the EFCC and other related agencies.

The Goodluck administration came with the BVN. But most remarkable was the manner in which the past PDP administrations tried their own party members more than the opposition. Cases like Ibori, Gov. Alams of blessed memory, Bode George, The police IG that wasalso removed. Even Atiku was highly investigated both in Government and out of Government without any indictment.
But look at the present APC Government that claims to be fighting corruption. Virtually all those politicians accused of corruption are now living saints (in the words of uncle Oshimole) in their midst and someone will come and tell me they are fighting my corruption.

The PDP may not be perfect and may have their faults but when compared with the Government in power which we have seen in the last 3 and half years, they are far more better in terms of managing Security, Economy and corruption.

kennygee:

So it's better to sweep their sins under the carpet and bring them into APC?
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Skeduw20(m): 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wat are dis pple calling! The most corrupted person in d history of Nigeria promising amnesty for corrupt ppl....

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by hush15: 12:24am On Jan 31, 2019
kolaaderin:

At least you can see the link. And the fact is that he actually said it as it is

Thats a lie. Stop spreading hatred and falsehhood. what would you gain...

I watched it from start to finish and if anyone who has conscience listen to that man, that person would realize alot of misconception about him.

As regards corrupt, he and a fair mind minded person can verify that one of the considerations he has to combating corruption is to give time frame to investigations and judicial procedures. Ofcourse there are some old cases that has lingers for long which by their nature is inevitable but would ensure thru legislative acts ensures that reasonable time frames are specified especially those technology can be put to use.

He also talks about put institutional measures to check corrupt systems. Kadaria then talk about some special cases of corruption, and he said and i quote siting turkey as example where monies looted outside the countries can be repatriated back into the country for investment into the various sectors through amnesty for ofcourse, its case dependent and by that for already existing cases but new cases will be dealt appropiately and he even compared it to the case of APC is just cross carpet and you can keep the monies. no charges of case and looters still get to keep their funds.

So far, Atiku has been beyond average and for me has proved beyond reasonable doubt that he is the man for the job. If you hate him, just say it but when it comes to governance, he will be way better than Buhari or any other candidate. its a fact
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Tajmahal1000: 12:29am On Jan 31, 2019
Atiku, the Grand Patron of looters talking!

Nothing has changed about Atiku. A few weeks ago, he told us, live on Channels TV: “Are my friends not entitled to be enriched?”

God forbid that this unrepentant looter become Nigeria’s President; we would just have woken up one day to learn that Nigeria had been sold to Cote d’Ivoire the previous day!

The deflation of the super, over bloated egos of Atiku, Obasanjo and other looters, conspirators, rent seekers, outright thieves, etc, etc, is only 16 days away!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by October1960: 1:02am On Jan 31, 2019
Hope Atiku surrender all his own stolen money and profits made from the stolen money.

Include:
Present and past governors
Most perm secs
Etc.
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by fabre4: 3:04am On Jan 31, 2019
princemillla:

It's the legislative that can enact laws to tighten stance against corruption. He's giving a practical solution that happens anywhere even Buhari does it except for the fact that he allows you to keep your loot once you've joined his party
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by cmikel: 4:35am On Jan 31, 2019
princemillla:

How many looters,have the Buhari 's government prosecuted? Oshomole was accused, amechi was accused, babachair was accused, orji was accused the list is endless yet were the procecution?

Nigeria need things done differently even with the corruption fighting Bohaha we are still ranked 144 th most uncorrupt.

So wat result has the corruption fighting brought in the past 4 years?

Anti corruption is just used politically to drive the APC campaign but there is no keyman result

It is just politicized and used as to tool to frustrated oppositions that is why we r not getting any headway on it.
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by ezegold4we: 5:08am On Jan 31, 2019
Only fools and zombies will attack Atiku and Pdp, this is the best policy, even in the Bible, there is a time for restitution,
I will prefer a criminal in aso rock to An Islamic terrorists as my president,
Buhari that is harassing pdp members what has he achieved?? Once any criminal joins apc, his sins are given forever, I pity any idiot that will say nonsense against Atiku, Buhari and apc are all hypocrites and chameleons, only fools will them again
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by olusegzy01(m): 6:04am On Jan 31, 2019
kolaaderin:

This is why we need to stop Atiku and PDP, else our next generation would see looting as a career where you loot and perfect not to get caught or even when caught just to return a fraction and walk free.
I will advice Nigerian to be patient with Bubu, slow and steady we are getting there.
OBASANJO granted ATIKU AMNESTY that was why OBJ told him his SINS are forgiven
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by kolaaderin: 6:10am On Jan 31, 2019
olusegzy01:
OBASANJO granted ATIKU AMNESTY that was why OBJ told him his SINS are forgiven
OBJ is not the Federal republic of Nigeria, he has the right to forgive for himself, but not for Nigerians. Atiku sin has no effect on him but on Nigerians
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 31, 2019
Have you submitted the ones you and your boss Obj looted?Download this lovely song "Searching for love" by Xpol( a nairalander) http://www.naijapals.com/music/Searching_for_love_Xpol-89179
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by papiwyte(m): 6:49am On Jan 31, 2019
See corruption see Atiku grin grin grin

NEXT LEVEL.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How EFCC Arrested T.A Orji’s Sons / Soldiers Gun Down 7 Shiites In Kaduna & Injure 40 / Anthony Adeyinka: Police Fired Tear Gas At Hoodlums Not June 12 Activists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.