Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React (76334 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: NLC Confirms Shelving Strike, Accuse Industrial Court Of Bias / Obidients Accuse Mark Essien Of Bias As Polled Results Hint That Obi Lost / Oyegun: Only One Aspirant Rejected Consensus Except He Is The Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by akpumpy: 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
Buhari had little or close to nothing to say because there was nothing serious to defend. He did not buy any of the government properties not borrow EFCC money. What do you have to say when all that you have is a few cattle on your farm compared to Atiku who is a bundle of allegations( logistics,oil and gas, tax evasion etc).The lady could have gone on and on if not for the time. Let the truth be told, Atiku has skeletons and skeletons in his cupboards!
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Nifemi2512(m): 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
Oh, he should have been running his university for free as charity abi?
If u don't have anything to tackle @atiku, why don't u just read the comments and then slip ova. Its high time ypu joined the atikulated train
Kelvin30286063:
Watching Atiku talk about his passion for free education is disgusting.
Dude your university has a tuition fee of 1.5M per semester!

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 11:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
Omolomo4eva:
It is so obvious that Atiku has nothing to offer Nigeria.Most of his answers tonight are not convincing and o.p..There was a time d moderator threw it to him that he's saying his manifestos based on wat he's thinking as he's seated.D corruption questions and assertions threw him off balance . even obi was just rigmaroling.nothing convincing to say.those clapping were just doing it irrelevantly.Naija let's wise up 4 once.After washing all the candidates,only OMOYELE SOWORE has d best of programmes 4 Nigeria.lets give him a try.u never can tell.
Me and you know sowore will not win cos of teh behavioural paterns of Nigerians,we are not matured for that kind of politics but its a good start, I jelous his courage!
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Babacele: 11:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
WNKQI:
Nigeria will not get better until we stop taking action on speculation. No wonder Buhari said Nigeria youths are lazy. yes, they are actually lazy up to verifying facts, instead they rather result to ship speculation. they say! very sad
which yeye facts ? because I no dey the country when they were in power abi? Is Obi that twist documented records to sell his lies abi an Atiku that loves a cjn that forgets to declare a billion naira? Abi which facts?
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 11:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
akpumpy:
Buhari had little or close to nothing to say because there was nothing serious to defend. He did not buy any of the government properties not borrow EFCC money. What do you have say when you have few cattle on your farm compared to Atiku who is a bundle of allegations. The lady could have gone on and on if not for the time. Let the truth be told, Atiku has skeletons and skeletons in his cupboards!
very wrong, he had nothing to even say about the future?
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by kabillionaire(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
Of a truth, the lady was biased.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Evercurious(f): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
Friend01:

Buhari is not an orator that can mesmerize you with words; that is clearly Osinbajo's forte.
So stop making a mountain out of this mole hill when there is no point.

Who needs an orator?

Prophet Moses(peace be upon him) was not an orator, but his brother Aaron was .And we know prophet Moses(peace be upon him) was known for his sincerity and heart that brought the Israelites to the promise land.

Listen to yourself.. What has been an oratory got to do with comprehending a statement'. Buhari:s issue was hearing and comprehending what was said

4 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Shame on anyone that accuses the interviewer of been biased.

The level of allegations against Atiku were just too much to ignore and the interviewer did her research in digging them out.

Also, Atiku and Obi were on the defensive and they were counterattacking her at every question.

Even the PDP audience comprising of Atiku aids, allies and co were so rowdy. They all lack comportment.

Kadaria held her turf, she's a professional and she refused to be intimidated.
what was your take with the responce, lies or not factual enough angry angry
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 11:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
kabillionaire:
Of a truth, the lady was biased.
She is,
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by BuhariDcow: 11:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
Watching Atiku talk about his passion for free education is disgusting.
Dude your university has a tuition fee of 1.5M per semester!
That's simply because it's a private university. I hear he also runs a charity organization just in case you need help.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
erico2k2:

Me and you know sowore will not win cos of teh behavioural paterns of Nigerians,we are not matured for that kind of politics but its a good start, I jelous his courage!
Then the rat race continues if APC or PDP wins.This is truly shithole
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by micky22: 11:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
I challenge all well meaning Nigerian to give Omoyele Sowore a chance. He is the best candidate.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by WNKQI: 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
Babacele:
why did PDP refuse to implement the BVN, TSA and other related policy when it was in power? Because its love for corruption was too blinding; can we trust such a party ? No . Let us go to the NEXT LEVEL by FeBuhari 16 please.
Who implement it is not the subject matter here, Best way to fight corruption without creating tension every where in the nation. The tension created by so call fight against corruption has done more harm than good. It affected the external investors from coming. Atiku is saying with technology, you can actually tame corruption without making noise. Think Mr. Man

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by BluntBoy(m): 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
badcompany:

Your reason is very dumb and stupid. The school is his business, not government owned. So you want his university to be a free education, na father Christmas abi. Men of God never do there own free, na him. infinity sense is what you need.

Obasanjo and Atiku destroyed our public universities.

Read this:

Talking about education, the universities are dead now. And there are close to 50 private universities in Nigeria now. Two of them owned by General Obasanjo and one by his Vice President, ABTI University in Yola. So that, in education, what the government has done is to kill public interest, so as to make it lucrative for private institutions which are milking individuals.

https://saharareporters.com/2007/05/31/obasanjo-most-corrupt-nigerian-gani-fawehinmi

You call his university his business? The same university which alongside Obasanjo farm and university were run with state revenues while the two thieves were in power?

Anyway, Atiku is your choice but many well meaning Nigerians and myself will resist every attempt to bring back this looter called Atiku.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
BuhariDcow:

That's simply because it's a private university. I hear he also runs a charity organization just in case you need help.
How many people have benefited from it since it has started?am sure in the whole of d country,they r not up to 10 persons:all northerners,no southerner.so wetin we gain bros?
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by 99miles(m): 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
Friend01:

Buhari is not an orator that can mesmerize you with words; that is clearly Osinbajo's forte.

Who needs an orator?

Prophet Moses(peace be upon him) was not an orator, but his brother Aaron was .And we know prophet Moses(peace be upon him) was known for his sincerity and heart that brought the Israelites to the promise land.
, What did u know abt Moses and the children of Israel, u would hv used Musa instead.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by adudu208(m): 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
martineverest:
how can someone be biased when mormal questions are been asked as presidential candidates ?....aren't they presidential candidates?or where they expected to have the full questions or expo before the debate?.

a presidential candidates should be able to answer any questions.....so sad that the intelligent woman was more prepared than those presidential candidates..the anchor came with well researched statistics and facts and was waiting for those candidates to err or give false statistics and she used it against them

just look at how she got Peter obi on how he used Anambra money to invest in his family's business,which he initially denied and then the woman brought out her research and obi admitted it..... this made obi stammer for about 3 minutes and he was confused

psychologically,those people shouting 'bias'noticed that their candidates were below expectations and their response weren't intellectually driven as they expected...thus the fowl cry
The above is a misrepresentation of what happened.

Peter Obi didn't admit anything. He said he doesn't own a single share in the company.
The company in question belongs to his parents. He stopped having anything to do with the company when he became a governor.

The deal in question was government-private sector driven. The state is close to $70m richer and those other private firms involved also benefited.
The question is should he had allowed moral concerns stop him from a deal that will enrich the state and create employment.
The answer in my opinion is NO, because he didn't do anything illegal. If the current government feels otherwise they should prosecute him.

The moderator was ill prepared because she was asking questions based on false and poorly researched facts.

She based her questions on hearsay and was enlightened a couple of times by the candidates when she made wrong assertions i.e when she claimed Peter Obi deported handicaps in Anambra and also her claims that Intel had monopoly providing logistics in the ports.

In my opinion they did well considering the obviously hostile questions asked by an overly excited and bias moderator.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
WNKQI:
Who implement it is not the subject matter here, Best way to fight corruption without creating tension every where in the nation. The tension created by so call fight against corruption has done more harm than good. It affected the external investors from coming. Atiku is saying with technology, you can actually tame corruption without making noise. Think Mr. Man
APC,PDP are incompetent.VOTE OMOYELE SOWORE.SIMPLE
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2019
Omolomo4eva:
Then the rat race continues if APC or PDP wins.This is truly shithole
true but let me tell you, honesty does not exist in politics, we just chose the one that feeds out interest at the xpence of those who lost, this is reality!
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 11:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
adudu208:

Peter Obi didn't admit anything. He said he doesn't own a single share in the company.
The company in question belongs to his parents. He stopped having anything to do with the company when he became a governor.

The deal in question was a government-private sector driven. The state is close to $70m richer and those other private firms involved also benefited.
The question is should he had allowed moral concerns stop him from a deal that will enrich the state and create employment.
The answer in my opinion is NO, because he didn't do any illegal. If the current government feels otherwise the should prosecute him.

The moderator was ill prepared because she was asking questions based on false and poorly researched facts.

She based her questions on hearsay and was enlightened a couple of times by the candidates when she made wrong assertions i.e when she claimed Peter Obi deported handicaps in Anambra and also her claims that Intel had monopoly providing logistics in the ports.

In my opinion they did well considering the obviously hostile questions asked by an overly excited and bias moderator.
Thank you very much, they are talking as if we are all not watching same program.Im yet to see where teh host connered them, she did try though.I would have loved her probe deep into PTF when teh time of PMB comes! but me n you know that is nada
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by oluwatobi076(m): 11:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
And why did pmb sat were peter obi sat and osinbajo sat were Atiku sitted two weeks ago....just my observation though

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by GoodMuyis(m): 11:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
ebujany:
She's actually defending APC . when ever atiku or obi attacks them to the extent she had to claim not to be an APC member on her own. But even with her clear bias, its obvious Atiku/ obi is very ready for her. Peter obi is very very intelligent, his VAR analysis killed it

NB: She even referenced USA as evidence of the failure of Capitalism just to find fault in obi's analysis and that was were she finally flopped and showed she was acting a script written by lai Mohammed

Here is the problem, it is not a debate and they are not supposed to mud-sling but answer the questions. Also, I see unintelligent Obi doing rhetorics with the interviewer
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 11:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
akpumpy:
Buhari had little or close to nothing to say because there was nothing serious to defend. He did not buy any of the government properties not borrow EFCC money. What do you have to say when all that you have is a few cattle on your farm compared to Atiku who is a bundle of allegations( logistics,oil and gas, tax evasion etc).The lady could have gone on and on if not for the time. Let the truth be told, Atiku has skeletons and skeletons in his cupboards!
you can rewind back on dtv.media, check where EFCC was borrowed from and how Atiku said he brought teh blue print from Pele country
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by martineverest(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
adudu208:

The deal in question was a government-private sector driven. The state is close to $70m richer and those other private firms involved also benefited.
The answer in my opinion is NO, because he didn't do any illegal. If the current government feels otherwise the should prosecute him.

the Intel and deportation of beggars were well cleared by Atiku and obi,but many other questions weren't especially when she came with facts.for example,the Atiku wife's company in USA and Adamawan people's lives upliftment were dodged by Atiku when kadaria brought in facts that Atiku couldn't counter
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Here is the problem, it is not a debate and they are not supposed to mud-sling but answer the questions. Also, I see unintelligent Obi doing rhetorics with the interviewer
Are you being serious? did you not see how she attacked Obi on his family company and she never knew the company was set up by Obi's family even b4 he becam governor? I note also you 4got to aknowledge where he listed howmuch he left with teh state and challenged kadiri to mention one state governor in 9ja that left 10%, just 10% she went mute? with all the research helps she is getting on the go

2 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by LibraKing: 11:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
TheAngry1:
When she was asking Buhari/PYO tough questions, where were the critics? Una dey craze! She was awesome!
Tell us 3 difficult questions she asked buhari which he answered or did not answer........
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by ofem89(m): 11:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
pls nairalanders i want to know when the candidate will be replayed.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by GoodMuyis(m): 11:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
Larryfest:
I don't think she was biased, she was just trying to keep them on their toes which was actually good though so people can see through their candidates but if she was this tough on Buhari damn the man would have lost total cool and control and probably poo is pants before the show ended.

If Notice Buhari way of answering the question, it was direct as it was asked, w/o spending much time, but the way AtikuObi were responding, it looks as if they prepared for a debate and defence. there are questions AtikuObi should have answered straight but 1st divert to call-out APC government. An example is when he say APC promised N1 = $1 where everyone knows it was Okorocha that made such statement.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by GoodMuyis(m): 11:44pm On Jan 30, 2019
ofem89:
pls nairalanders i want to know when the candidate will be replayed.

will always be on Youtube here, you will need to forward it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZTFLzlS_5Y
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by micky22: 11:44pm On Jan 30, 2019
Does it mean that the masses have no choice? But to continue to support these failed parties?

Again Kadaria was never biased. She got her facts right. She represented and well expressed the disappointment of the masses in APC and PDP.
Nigerian youths, why do you allow these self-centered septuginarians with analog brains that have proven times and times again of their ineptitude to offer anything good to the well being of the masses, to tie your brains down?
Shine your eyes, Let us wake up, take up this giant step and vote AAC. Sowore 2019.

erico2k2:

I agree with you, if only the youths can open their eyes and see what teh AAC was about.I think she is APC though
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by isnovic(m): 11:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
stanliwise:
oga you're clearly lying except it wasn't the same show I watch. Were you not all smiling when she was screwing Buhari and osinbanjo on a hot sit. Anyway I am not a partisan. But I don't think what you said was fair. Kadira was just been blunt that's all.
BTW to me it was Atiku who show pure intelligence.

She did not need to screw Buhari, as he was enough screw-up already.

APC candidates session was more of Osibanjo babysitting an Elderly.

The difference in both candidates is the presence and soundness of mind.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by dominusgai(m): 11:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
Friend01:

Who needs an orator?

According to my brother that was why he led for forty years a 40 days journey. Since you are not a Christian you might not know it. But there is a reason Paul was more popular than Peter. Even though Peter was head of the Church, Paul sold the message of Christ more because he was more learned and Articulate. Bro, Solomon's love was stemmed from his wise speaking. So do not deceive yourself with this Moses line you guys keep quoting

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bandits Bomb Abuja-Kaduna Train (Photo) / Hope Uzodinma Procures Innoson Vehicles For 'Operation Search And Flush' In Imo / Nigerians React To Ambode's Press Conference, And Tinubu Endorsing Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.