Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React (76336 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: NLC Confirms Shelving Strike, Accuse Industrial Court Of Bias / Obidients Accuse Mark Essien Of Bias As Polled Results Hint That Obi Lost / Oyegun: Only One Aspirant Rejected Consensus Except He Is The Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Movingon: 2:43am On Jan 31, 2019
deomelo:

Lagos Ibadan railway on my backyard, your looting and stealing PDP uncles did not complete 1 single railway in 16 years, the $2.7 billion DASUKU/ATIM they looted and shared can build 2 Lagos Ibadan railway, even many in your own SE villages.

Now, show me what 16 years of looting and stealing PDP put in your own community.

Oya, I'm waiting.

Pls say what you know. Google it and see. GEJ bought the trains your buhari is showing off today. Several railways were built and commissioned by him. He even rode on some of them. Go online and check it out. There are pics & vids for all to see... its not your fault though, myopia is to blame and lack of history lessons in schools too. Research GEJ and research BUHARI right from the 80s. My dear you will be amazed of the facts and you will stop talking rubbish. Learn to speak with facts or true references else keep quite & learn from others
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Jman06(m): 2:55am On Jan 31, 2019
dominusgai:

All of the above. Lagos to Ore road was smooth and under 6 hours. The first time I went to Lagos from Warri in Abacha's time was almost 10 hours.

Power supply in our area was at leat 18 hours a day (now it is less than 12 hours)

Men my nephews and nieces were born without a dime.

They constructed bridges in my state.

I did not have to do home lesson till 6 to write common entrance (my teachers where that good and my school fees was less than #5000 then)

Corruption and stealing is still going on (Gaduje is an example and APC offered us #5000 for our voters card in my area last week)

Security is the worst now. They kidnapped a full bus load of people two days back. Did you not see it on nairaland?

Now let me tell you more I enjoyed. Ability of my sisters to train themselves through universities by selling recharge cards and not their bodies to men. Ability to pay for the first skill I learnt with that same recharge card sales. A business started with less than #10,000 then.

What about honor, then being a yahoo boy was a thing of shame, now boys wear the name with pride.

What about youwin, yagep and surep my friends won to start their business they thrived in. Not this #30,000 nonsense that is not responsible for building the economy.

Do you want to talk about the low cost university school fees for federal and state schools. Now their school fees is exorbitant.

Or the low cost of food stuffs, where one could survive on #5,000 a month. Now #15,000 for feeding is management.

When my mom was not afraid feeding my brother's friends repeatedly for free. Now in this Buhari regime, my mom once shouted on me like I stole for drinking garri without permission.
Thank you very much! All you have listed above are facts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by benji93: 2:58am On Jan 31, 2019
Edojoma:

Xo u don't no dat low tax attracts a lot of investors??
Access d America economy n UK,,, tax is just too high,,, as an investor,, if u are to set up a company in Africa n u av d option of Nigeria,, but tax dere is $1m dollars a year n Ghana will tax u $200,000 dollars in a yr as well,,, won't u think twice n set up d business in Ghana den export ur finished products to Nigeria??

My guy,, u need to understand economics n d business environment,, obi knows exactly Wat he is saying,,, we dat r in d game,,, we understand,,,,
Bro you are not listening at all, you do not just offer tax cuts because you think that will offer you an advantage. A good economic development policy will consider the nation's infrastructure inorder to decide if tax cuts are favourable and to what degree they should be applied. I would think that ivnestors consider the trade off between the the investment opportunity offered by an entity and the quality of the services the country offers. The taxes Ghana levies might be less than what nigeria does, but if we offer a better package(services and resources), which could infact enhance the the profit potential of our investor's investment, thereby offseting the tax difference, we would probably get the deal. Think.

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by dominusgai(m): 2:58am On Jan 31, 2019
Jman06:
Thank you very much! All you have listed above are facts.
Gracias

3 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by dominusgai(m): 3:08am On Jan 31, 2019
benji93:

Bro you are not listening at all, you do not just offer tax cuts because you think that will offer you an advantage. A good economic development policy will consider the nation's infrastructure inorder to decide if tax cuts are favourable and to what degree they should be applied. I would think that ivnestors consider the trade off between the the investment opportunity offered by an entity and the quality of the services the country offers. The taxes Ghana levies might be less than what nigeria does, but if we offer a better package(services and resources), which could infact enhance the the profit potential of our investor's investment, thereby offseting the tax difference, we would probably get the deal. Think.
Kai, your understanding of economic development is abysmal. If you like offer the world, if you don't offer favourable tax cuts no investor would consider you.

How on earth do you think China wooed all the companies to their shores, it wasn't with their corporate practices, they had little. It was their tax cuts. Investors would rather make 100million as hundred percent profit than make 200 million as 60% profit after tax. Ask any business owner you know.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Movingon: 3:09am On Jan 31, 2019
benji93:

Now you see there is a conflict of interest there, Moreso, Atiku and his shallow followers do not seem to understand the rudimentaries of his propositions. How can he assure Nigerians that the free education he espouses will be of good quality. If the minimum tuition fee of his institution is over 1.5 million naira per semester, and they supposedly offer good quality education, then my educated guess is that free education in Nigeria cannever be of good quality. Why waste tax payers money on a venture that will obviously not serve the Nigerian people, it's either you do it well or you do not do it at all. Mediocrity is what he proposes. Our schools must be well equipped to offer good quality education before the discussion of free education should rear it's head. I implore you too think about the ideas presented thorougly.

Hell no mr writer. You think about it. What free education are you receiving from this present administration? Then again tell me. Can you vouch or swear that the cabinet members of buhari have not stolen in their previous positions or are not stealing now? You can not vouch for them for fear of Gods punishment then think, think. How many of them invested their loots heavily here in nigeria & how many persons are in their employ? Check out oshiomole, he has an airline in another country etc. Listen no matter how you spin it. The devil you know is far better than the angel you dont know. Stop hating and compare facts. Your beloved president continually defends abacha that he is corrupt free in respective of the over glaring local & international evidence of his evil and corrupt ways all because he benefited from it cos he was the conduit pipe through wish these monies were loot ie when he was in PTF. Yet there is virtually no year that abachas loot is not being returned by one nation or the other. Even in his present govt a huge amount of money was returned and your president accepted it. One would have expected that he will refuse to accept ir after all he believes and defends abacha as a saint. Open your eyes and see the thieves in his govt who have looted and are still looting our nation dry. Tell me oga what is being done to them? Did they even invest their loot here in nigeria? Abeg I done tire for myopic and sentimental people. His govt could follow up a petition against the CJN within days and charge within a week and yet pettions have been written against his cronies for over a year and so on. Yet nothing has been done about it. His party chairman was petition against by one bishop osadolor since last 2 years and yet efcc did nothing and the bishop had to go to court to ask for him to be invited by efcc and investigated. Yet the courts are adjourning the matter every time. Is it amachi? Baba chair? Ganjude? The list is endless. Look at his total disregard for the rule of law. Disobey court orders is the worst form of corruption. Dasuki is there, el zazaki is there. He only obeys court orders that favours him or his cronies or his party. Abeg I done tire. Please use google check things out. Go to the 80s research history. Help your self. Dont destroy this country again. I take God beg you. If you hate atiku then vote sowore if you still hate that one then abeg find anyother but dont vote in this liar again, this scam artist. I have pleaded with you. God is watching us all. The end shall tell

5 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by benji93: 3:37am On Jan 31, 2019
dominusgai:

Kai, your understanding of economic development is abysmal. If you like offer the world, if you don't offer favourable tax cuts no investor would consider you.

How on earth do you think China wooed all the companies to their shores, it wasn't with their corporate practices, they had little. It was their tax cuts. Investors would rather make 100million as hundred percent profit than make 200 million as 60% profit after tax. Ask any business owner you know.
You did not obviously read my submission. if the resources and services i have to offer combined will yield enough profits to offset the tax difference, then investors will invest. Taxes are not the only factors that inform an investors willingness to invest.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by benji93: 3:43am On Jan 31, 2019
Movingon:

Hell no mr writer. You think about it. What free education are you receiving from this present administration? Then again tell me. Can you vouch or swear that the cabinet members of buhari have not stolen in their previous positions or are not stealing now? You can not vouch for them for fear of Gods punishment then think, think. How many of them invested their loots heavily here in nigeria & how many persons are in their employ? Check out oshiomole, he has an airline in another country etc. Listen no matter how you spin it. The devil you know is far better than the angel you dont know. Stop hating and compare facts. Your beloved president continually defends abacha that he is corrupt free in respective of the over glaring local & international evidence of his evil and corrupt ways all because he benefited from it cos he was the conduit pipe through wish these monies were loot ie when he was in PTF. Yet there is virtually no year that abachas loot is not being returned by one nation or the other. Even in his present govt a huge amount of money was returned and your president accepted it. One would have expected that he will refuse to accept ir after all he believes and defends abacha as a saint. Open your eyes and see the thieves in his govt who have looted and are still looting our nation dry. Tell me oga what is being done to them? Did they even invest their loot here in nigeria? Abeg I done tire for myopic and sentimental people. His govt could follow up a petition against the CJN within days and charge within a week and yet pettions have been written against his cronies for over a year and so on. Yet nothing has been done about it. His party chairman was petition against by one bishop osadolor since last 2 years and yet efcc did nothing and the bishop had to go to court to ask for him to be invited by efcc and investigated. Yet the courts are adjourning the matter every time. Is it amachi? Baba chair? Ganjude? The list is endless. Look at his total disregard for the rule of law. Disobey court orders is the worst form of corruption. Dasuki is there, el zazaki is there. He only obeys court orders that favours him or his cronies or his party. Abeg I done tire. Please use google check things out. Go to the 80s research history. Help your self. Dont destroy this country again. I take God beg you. If you hate atiku then vote sowore if you still hate that one then abeg find anyother but dont vote in this liar again, this scam artist. I have pleaded with you. God is watching us all. The end shall tell
My brother we are discussing the viability of Atiku's proposal not the capability of the current government, you obviously thought i am a supporter of Buhari. Careful how you communicate your thoughts. What does the CJN have to do with this. Meanwhile, what the hell did the PDP do for 16 years, or what did Atiku do while he was vice. As far as i know, none of those guys is well equipped enough to lead this country(I am not referring to their vices).
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Ategberoson(m): 4:08am On Jan 31, 2019
one member of the audience asked Atiku a question how he tends to handle the health care if elected. he started talking about public/private handling. the woman asked are you saying you will privatise the health sector? he said no but couldn't provide answer. he keep talking about his value for education that didn't reflect in his established university tuition fee

the moderator was asking about his institution, na peter obi dey answer. the woman asked him about PDP $16bn peter obi that wasn't part of the team then answer again and started accusing APC of borrowing. these are questions Nigerians are expecting Atiku to answer and Atiku is saying he won't have cabal ?

on a serious note PDP had nothing to offer. not with Atiku/obi candidacies perhaps likewise APC but APC still has the last grace of reelection to prove their competency, my verdict

1 Like

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Babacele: 6:10am On Jan 31, 2019
WNKQI:
Who implement it is not the subject matter here, Best way to fight corruption without creating tension every where in the nation. The tension created by so call fight against corruption has done more harm than good. It affected the external investors from coming. Atiku is saying with technology, you can actually tame corruption without making noise. Think Mr. Man
Nonsense! without implementation how can you bring about result? The Technology of selling NNPC to fellow rogue ? Which Technology ,what model without a name or identity?

Every day investors are trooping into the country to do business despite Nigeria being in a recession brought by PDP during an oil boom! You know why? A better manager and a disciplined sheriff is in town.

FG bonds floated at the international market in 2017 outsold its expectations because more international businessmen are seeing a working hope of doing business here even in a recession than before. Are the banks keeping PDP's loots that left after being exposed of breaching best global practises that kill entrepreneurship that are your kinda investors or what? Such toxic investors can leave ,and we don't care!
What scares a serious investor are basically: a corrupt political system with a compromised Judiciary; lack of infrastructure like road,electricity, etc; excessive tarrif; insecurity ,terrorism/ insurgency and so forth which are what PDP bequeathed this nation and which plunged us into a needless recession in 2014 before we beckoned on PMB to come save us once again. Buhari is doing a great job of cleaning this stable or else how would we have known that in the midst of wicked poverty ,a privileged civil servant with several illegal bank accounts suffers from a billion naira amnesia; or that toilets. septic tanks and some flats in ikoyi are better places of keeping money than banks or rather than investing it in your education or using it to create opportunities that annihilate the immigration job scam prototypes of PDP e.g npower?

From Railway,road constructions, electricity,agriculture, oil and gas (refineries,), Buhari is opening up the Nigerian space for more fresh investment ventilation to flow in which socio-economic disease causing entities won't like a bit. Come FeBuhari 16, we shall beg Buhari to please continue, and such serious tasks to a goblin we can't entrust.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by PointZerom: 6:48am On Jan 31, 2019
deomelo:

Thanks for admitting that your crooked, looting and stealing PDP uncles did not do anything for your community. I know this already of course.

They are known only for looting, stealing and abandoning projects, that's all.

Sucks to be you..

Are you suffering the same sickness with Buhari to have forgotten that Lagos Ibadan express way is not your community?

Take heart.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 31, 2019
Earthquake1:

Shut up
I was glued to my tv, AtikuObi performed much better than Lifeless FC
ok
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by malakaimoscondo: 7:05am On Jan 31, 2019
Tunasco4u:
The fact is Atiku is a waste of time,these program"The candidate"expose him so much,he has nothing to offer am telling you
brain dead like buhari

2 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by toplinetrtrend: 7:18am On Jan 31, 2019
rusher14:
Atiku/Obi could have handed her the questions they wanted her to ask before the programme started.

cheesy

I guess they didn't do that because they are not dull like Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Dynnix34: 7:55am On Jan 31, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Shame on anyone that accuses the interviewer of been biased.

The level of allegations against Atiku were just too much to ignore and the interviewer did her research in digging them out.

Also, Atiku and Obi were on the defensive and they were counterattacking her at every question.

Even the PDP audience comprising of Atiku aids, allies and co were so rowdy. They all lack comportment.

Kadaria held her turf, she's a professional and she refused to be intimidated.
A zombie spotted
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Edojoma(m): 8:58am On Jan 31, 2019
dominusgai:

All of the above. Lagos to Ore road was smooth and under 6 hours. The first time I went to Lagos from Warri in Abacha's time was almost 10 hours.

Power supply in our area was at leat 18 hours a day (now it is less than 12 hours)

Men my nephews and nieces were born without a dime.

They constructed bridges in my state.

I did not have to do home lesson till 6 to write common entrance (my teachers where that good and my school fees was less than #5000 then)

Corruption and stealing is still going on (Gaduje is an example and APC offered us #5000 for our voters card in my area last week)

Security is the worst now. They kidnapped a full bus load of people two days back. Did you not see it on nairaland?

Now let me tell you more I enjoyed. Ability of my sisters to train themselves through universities by selling recharge cards and not their bodies to men. Ability to pay for the first skill I learnt with that same recharge card sales. A business started with less than #10,000 then.

What about honor, then being a yahoo boy was a thing of shame, now boys wear the name with pride.

What about youwin, yagep and surep my friends won to start their business they thrived in. Not this #30,000 nonsense that is not responsible for building the economy.

Do you want to talk about the low cost university school fees for federal and state schools. Now their school fees is exorbitant.

Or the low cost of food stuffs, where one could survive on #5,000 a month. Now #15,000 for feeding is management.

When my mom was not afraid feeding my brother's friends repeatedly for free. Now in this Buhari regime, my mom once shouted on me like I stole for drinking garri without permission.

Good will bless u my brother,,,,, I just too feel ur write-up,, I know dat zombie up dere won't understand,, I remembered Wen my elder brother gained admission into unilag back den,,, Wen I heard dia school fees I was shocked,,, quote ME anywhere,,, in 2004,,unilag school fees for biological sciences was #6,500
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by ezkimow(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2019
toplinetrtrend:

I guess they didn't do that because they are not dull like Buhari
Even at that the IMBE still guffed
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by ezkimow(m): 9:32am On Jan 31, 2019
Tunasco4u:
The fact is Atiku is a waste of time,these program"The candidate"expose him so much,he has nothing to offer am telling you
And buhari is what? Waste of......
Abeg come up with something better
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by NkayStory(f): 9:34am On Jan 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

Smh...

So, an increase in the interaction between a human and tech will reduce corruption ordinarily?

Obviously, you can't simplify Atiku's idea because it is purely a lame and lazy idea.

You tried to communicate it to me but it was difficult, wasn't it? That is because it is a foolish idea that reeks of Atiku's lack of ideas. It also shows that he has no will nor zeal to fight corruption.

How do you fight corruption with techs in a third world country like Nigeria where corruption has become a way of life?

Even the introduction of techs would worsen the situation as it would encourage embezzlement of funds with the excuse of purchasing gadgets to fight corruption.

Fighting corruption with tech in Nigeria is like putting laptops before every student in a dilapidated school building. Why not rebuild the walls first and make the environment conducive enough before introducing laptops?

To fight corruption in an endemic country like Nigeria you build strong Instituitions that discourage corruption not strong Man!!..

Akinwumi Adesina the former Agric Minister was able to scrap out fertilizer crooks with the revolutionary system he put in place, which has been destroyed by buhari and his APC gang.by the way undecided..,That is just one small example of effectively stopping undesriables from polluting everywhere.

Without these strong Institutions you will be wasting your time 'pything kwaraption' because the farce we are seeing by your buhari/APC admin will play out..

Shield your friends to continue looting and hunt your"enemies" at the end of the day,corruption still thrives.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by ezenna191(m): 10:46am On Jan 31, 2019
Sponsors of this program should learn their lesson and avoid moderators with bias tendencies. Kadaria Ahmad was obviously biased and clearly told the world she's a card carrying APC member. She was not an inch professional as she even struggled words with her guests on one hand and audience on the other hand. A disgrace to professional broadcasting.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by dominusgai(m): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2019
benji93:

You did not obviously read my submission. if the resources and services i have to offer combined will yield enough profits to offset the tax difference, then investors will invest. Taxes are not the only factors that inform an investors willingness to invest.
And I am telling you that is not true, investors will invest first in where there is little taxes before they invest in where there is more taxes no matter how profitable the higher taxed business is.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by dominusgai(m): 11:50am On Jan 31, 2019
benji93:

My brother we are discussing the viability of Atiku's proposal not the capability of the current government, you obviously thought i am a supporter of Buhari. Careful how you communicate your thoughts. What does the CJN have to do with this. Meanwhile, what the hell did the PDP do for 16 years, or what did Atiku do while he was vice. As far as i know, none of those guys is well equipped enough to lead this country(I am not referring to their vices).
In sixteen years they kept education affordable. Have you seen the current rate of school fees in federal and state institutions?
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by dominusgai(m): 11:52am On Jan 31, 2019
Babacele:
Nonsense! without implementation how can you bring about result? The Technology of selling NNPC to fellow rogue ? Which Technology ,what model without a name or identity?

Every day investors are trooping into the country to do business despite Nigeria being in a recession brought by PDP during an oil boom! You know why? A better manager and a disciplined sheriff is in town.

FG bonds floated at the international market in 2017 outsold its expectations because more international businessmen are seeing a working hope of doing business here even in a recession than before. Are the banks keeping PDP's loots that left after being exposed of breaching best global practises that kill entrepreneurship that are your kinda investors or what? Such toxic investors can leave ,and we don't care!
What scares a serious investor are basically: a corrupt political system with a compromised Judiciary; lack of infrastructure like road,electricity, etc; excessive tarrif; insecurity ,terrorism/ insurgency and so forth which are what PDP bequeathed this nation and which plunged us into a needless recession in 2014 before we beckoned on PMB to come save us once again. Buhari is doing a great job of cleaning this stable or else how would we have known that in the midst of wicked poverty ,a privileged civil servant with several illegal bank accounts suffers from a billion naira amnesia; or that toilets. septic tanks and some flats in ikoyi are better places of keeping money than banks or rather than investing it in your education or using it to create opportunities that annihilate the immigration job scam prototypes of PDP e.g npower?

From Railway,road constructions, electricity,agriculture, oil and gas (refineries,), Buhari is opening up the Nigerian space for more fresh investment ventilation to flow in which socio-economic disease causing entities won't like a bit. Come FeBuhari 16, we shall beg Buhari to please continue, and such serious tasks to a goblin we can't entrust.
Hmm, and did you notice those same investors have withdrew that investment from the country? Or did you not read of the stock exchange drop in investment last week
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by dominusgai(m): 11:53am On Jan 31, 2019
Babacele:

Hmm, and did you notice those same investors have withdrew that investment from the country? Or did you not read of the stock exchange drop in investment last week? Ogbeni keep quiet. No external investors are coming into Nigeria at the moment. If there was there would not be a need of the government to borrow such huge funds for our budget. How is it in APC 1 + 1 never adds up to 2
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by tk4rd: 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
LET'S GET THIS CLEAR ONCE AND FOR ALL..
___
Did APC actually promise to make N1 equal to $1 during the 2015 APC=CHANGE Campaign??
____
Because I want to know why the lady took it so personal when Peter Obi mentioned it.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by BluntBoy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2019
NkayStory:

To fight corruption in an endemic country like Nigeria you build strong Instituitions that discourage corruption not strong Man!!..

Akinwumi Adesina the former Agric Minister was able to scrap out fertilizer crooks with the revolutionary system he put in place, which has been destroyed by buhari and his APC gang.by the way undecided..,That is just one small example of effectively stopping undesriables from polluting everywhere.

Without these strong Institutions you will be wasting your time 'pything kwaraption' because the farce we are seeing by your buhari/APC admin will play out..

Shield your friends to continue looting and hunt your"enemies" at the end of the day,corruption still thrives.

This thread is about Atiku. For a moment, try and leave Buhari out of it because it appears like he has become some sort of a benchmark.

Everything you wrote (aside your unnecessary mention of Buhari) is correct. I don't have any problem with that. My concern is how Atiku hopes to use tech to fight corruption in Nigeria. Even with certain techs, funds still go missing and find their ways into the pockets of some individuals at the expense of the general populace.

How do you build a strong institution when you have not had a political reform since 1999?

How do you eradicate corruption when nepotism is pervasive in the country?

These are questions that demand critical answers. But Atiku's only response is lame and shows his lack of will in that direction.

His position as a very corrupt politician is a surety that he would never be taken seriously in the fight against corruption. Gani Fawehinmi's expose on Atiku is enough lesson on why we should never vote for Atiku. He has nothing to offer.

As for Buhari, you say he is keeping his friends while attacking his enemies. I suppose you believe that Atiku would fight corruption differently abi?

You must think that Atiku (whose cronies from his years of channeling state revenues to personal effects) would fight his friends abi? I am just laughing at you people.

Because of obvious hate and in your desperation to be rid of Buhari, you think a man whose past is tainted with evidences of money laundering will fight corruption. Who would he fight? His cronies? You honestly think he would fight Obasanjo or Saraki?

The person I pity is Obi. Perchance they win, his image would be so damaged that his political career would be ruined forever.

No matter how bad you may think Buhari is, his international image as per being clean, remains the same. But Atiku is perceived differently, in a very negative way and with suspicion.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

Smh...

So, an increase in the interaction between a human and tech will reduce corruption ordinarily?

Obviously, you can't simplify Atiku's idea because it is purely a lame and lazy idea.

You tried to communicate it to me but it was difficult, wasn't it? That is because it is a foolish idea that reeks of Atiku's lack of ideas. It also shows that he has no will nor zeal to fight corruption.

How do you fight corruption with techs in a third world country like Nigeria where corruption has become a way of life?

Even the introduction of techs would worsen the situation as it would encourage embezzlement of funds with the excuse of purchasing gadgets to fight corruption.

Fighting corruption with tech in Nigeria is like putting laptops before every student in a dilapidated school building. Why not rebuild the walls first and make the environment conducive enough before introducing laptops?

At my work place do U know how we check people come to work on time and go home after time??
Do you know how you pay your Biz rate without speaking to no body?
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by erico2k2(m): 1:24pm On Jan 31, 2019
tk4rd:
LET'S GET THIS CLEAR ONCE AND FOR ALL..
___
Did APC actually promise to make N1 equal to $1 during the 2015 APC=CHANGE Campaign??
____
Because I want to know why the lady took it so personal when Peter Obi mentioned it.
Ofcos they did
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Ofemannnu: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
PointZerom:

As expected

PointZerom fall my hand here.He has shown you what the cattle rearer did in his community in almost 4 years,why don't you show him what baba iyabo,yaradua and Jonathan did in 16 years in your community too?Thanks.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by Babacele: 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
dominusgai:

Hmm, and did you notice those same investors have withdrew that investment from the country? Or did you not read of the stock exchange drop in investment last week? Ogbeni keep quiet. No external investors are coming into Nigeria at the moment. If there was there would not be a need of the government to borrow such huge funds for our budget. How is it in APC 1 + 1 never adds up to 2
which investors? So if stock fluntuates means investor would disappear ? What you are saying makes no sense. Every day, investments and investors are expanding in Nigeria. The best economies in the world like the US owe to meet certain obligations so why the cry about borrowing? What economy,reserve or infrastructure did PDP leave for Buhari apart from recession? Or you want Buhari to do roads, electricity etc with workers' salary so that you can happily instigate the populace against him ? From $30/barrel receipts, didn't Buhari loan governors money owed workers during GEJ administration which is popularly known as ' bail out'? If these rogues from Wadata were the one ,wouldn't they have done mass sacking of workers all over the country citing Venezuelan and Greek debacle due to fall in oil price as GEJ had threatened us in 2014 ,urging the poor people to adopt austerity as they told us under Shagari while they continue to steal and flaunt our wealths to our faces? But under a relatively disciplined manager like pmb, we have been having a steady and sincere foundation structuring of the key components of the economy e.g infrastructural development which would bring in more and better investors. We can't allow PDP near this economy with its cursed fingers. Go and prepare for the Next Level.
Re: Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React by PointZerom: 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ofemannnu:

PointZerom fall my hand here.He has shown you what the cattle rearer did in his community in almost 4 years,why don't you show him what baba iyabo,yaradua and Jonathan did in 16 years in your community too?Thanks.

I am not as dumb as Buhari supporters. If Buhari has done well for his community, why is he showing me Lagos Ibadan express way?. He should as well show me Aso rock as his community.

#NONSENSE

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bandits Bomb Abuja-Kaduna Train (Photo) / Hope Uzodinma Procures Innoson Vehicles For 'Operation Search And Flush' In Imo / Nigerians React To Ambode's Press Conference, And Tinubu Endorsing Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.