Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ (25531 Views)

Why Won't You Be Voting On Saturday? / Give Reasons Why You Will Be Voting For Your Candidate / Buhari Or Jubril? Another Evidence Of Buhari's Death Resurface (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by stasius: 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2019
O si gini?.
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Baroba(m): 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2019
Prof, Sowore, and Fela helped foist the Islamic mullah on us..Can't believe a world renowned writer such as Prof supported the coup plotting Islamic bigot back in 2015..sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by CrestMan: 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Buhari has dissappointed this prof cheesy
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by KingDonald18: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2019
[quote author=Ecstasy154 post=75291526]Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka has said that: ‘I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection.’

Soyinka made this known in an ongoing interactive session tagged citizen forum 2019.

He said “It is time for a totally new direction, and when an alternative emerges, we will give the candidate our backing,”

“For the avoidance of doubt, let me make my position quite clear because I don’t want any ambiguity; I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection,” he said.

“For a number of reasons which I will not go into here, I’m not interested in a comparative assessment. My position is simply that it is time for a totally new direction. And obviously, I’m not the only one, as I’m speaking, there is a coalition having its meeting in Lagos from which they hope to produce a consensus candidate.

“There is another group meeting in Abuja, also at the end would send us their consensus candidate. Things have been going on quietly in the background to try and change the direction of this nation in a very positive way, and to make the public understand that they do not have to be enslaved permanently to the old discredited order. It is my sole business in this election.

“I don’t believe in what is called negative vote which means, for me, throwing your vote in a waste basket, I believe instead in a creative vote, not a protest vote, not a negative vote but a creative vote. And a creative vote means that the will to at least sow a seed through your vote that will germinate eventually. The pace of germination is beyond the control of everyone, but it is never too early to make a beginning. It has happened before in other societies. When a dark horse emerges from nowhere and trumps all the political juggernauts caterpillars and so on with their performers, worthless, their capacity for violence and treachery.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/i-wole-soyinka-will-not-be-voting-for-either-buhari-or-atiku/

[/quote

Professor was part of those that brought us into this mess. Since u are not voting for PDP, APC... its already minus 1 for buhari, some of my friends that voted apc in 2015 has decamp to PDP. So its another minuses. LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by InlandTaipan84(m): 2:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
Says a cultist�
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by BIGDADDY000(m): 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
suit yourself, we, we are all articulating.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by discusant: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka has said that: ‘I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection.’

Soyinka made this known in an ongoing interactive session tagged citizen forum 2019.

He said “It is time for a totally new direction, and when an alternative emerges, we will give the candidate our backing,”

“For the avoidance of doubt, let me make my position quite clear because I don’t want any ambiguity; I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection,” he said.

“For a number of reasons which I will not go into here, I’m not interested in a comparative assessment. My position is simply that it is time for a totally new direction. And obviously, I’m not the only one, as I’m speaking, there is a coalition having its meeting in Lagos from which they hope to produce a consensus candidate.

“There is another group meeting in Abuja, also at the end would send us their consensus candidate. Things have been going on quietly in the background to try and change the direction of this nation in a very positive way, and to make the public understand that they do not have to be enslaved permanently to the old discredited order. It is my sole business in this election.

“I don’t believe in what is called negative vote which means, for me, throwing your vote in a waste basket, I believe instead in a creative vote, not a protest vote, not a negative vote but a creative vote. And a creative vote means that the will to at least sow a seed through your vote that will germinate eventually. The pace of germination is beyond the control of everyone, but it is never too early to make a beginning. It has happened before in other societies. When a dark horse emerges from nowhere and trumps all the political juggernauts caterpillars and so on with their performers, worthless, their capacity for violence and treachery.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/i-wole-soyinka-will-not-be-voting-for-either-buhari-or-atiku/

But you campaigned seriously for Buhari in 2015, and voted Buhari in 2015.

Have you seen your inability to be foresighted?

Now salute easterners who refused to vote for Buhari in 2015.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Ojetayo17(m): 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
Baba soyinka that's ur own opinion. Suspicious of new innovation.
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by KingDonald18: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
Professor was part of those that brought us into this mess. Since u are not voting for PDP, APC... its already minus 1 for buhari, some of my friends that voted apc in 2015 has decamp to PDP. So its another minuses. LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by ofiko123(m): 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
Good for you..
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by jaymee0(m): 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2019
No b I'm fault na.

Where Im children dey?
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by WonderManly(m): 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2019
If you like vote, if you like don't vote. All know is that i'ved Obidiently Atikulated already!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by dam2000(m): 2:38pm On Jan 31, 2019
Leave baba alone he don old abeg make we do our own vote here anybody that win is our nexp president insha alahu in Jesus name,like 4 atiku share 4 buhari
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Slynation(m): 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
This man is very intelligent and i do hold him in high esteem, buy i don't know, he's too facetious for my liken!! always switching talks like a DJ.....!!
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Sanemind(m): 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
khingTony:

If you Vote for Sowore, just have it at the back if your mind that you have indirectly Voted for Buhari
true that
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by ashantitope: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
Did we ask you who you will vote for? Abeg park well you are among those people that led us to what we are today because you also criticized GEJ during his regime and during election so just keep your mouth if you like vote sowore we don't care and you don't have more than one PVC so keep shut

1 Like

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by taurusmena1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
Your opinion doesn't count... Inshore your vote is not going to make any difference that's if you even cast your vote. Coming to look for relevance... Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by otipoju(m): 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
dipopooo:
:baba don't waste your vote... Two weeks to the elections some so called Messiahs are forming coalition. Does that make sense? Either we like it or not we have to choose between INCOMPETENCY(PMB) and CORRUPTION(ATIKU)..

grin grin ATIKU .... it means 'we don die' in Yoruba

Atiku also means " we have not died" in the same Yoruba.
As pet corruption, Atiku has not been indicted, charged, over one single corruption case at home and abroad.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by mysteryman2014: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2019
Forreellinc:
undecided wole soyinka na person?

Nobel Laureate, watch your tongue
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by disturbedman: 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
Firefire:
Chai
This was said about PDP
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Boyooosa(m): 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
We know this already, he is only reaffirming.
We r waiting for the consensus anyway if it conforms with our personal choice and merits the time.
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by 2chukwu(m): 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
....wait are you not Wole the same Wole that helped pull Jonathan down? Are you not Wole the confusionist from the most confused tribe in the whole planet....the afonjas Yeye people who are just good at being confused and acquiring forged certificates.... Processors indeed.
I know your brother the admin will react, but do I give a bleeping fuckery....helll Nooooo I don't!!!
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Bimpe29: 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
Buhari has integrity but lacks competency. Atiku has capacity but lacks integrity.
Unfortunately, there is no third force.
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by bling01: 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Wole na u sabi.
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by dipopooo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
otipoju:

Atiku also means " we have not died" in the same Yoruba

Point of correction..... Aitiku
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by cattylove7(f): 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
We got ur back
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Moorish: 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Forreellinc:
I don’t know bro

But I think he has achieved more than you so he deserves your respect
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by mightyhazell: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2019
Forreellinc:
show some respect to our laureate.. Even if u disagree politically or otherwise
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by mightyhazell: 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
dipopooo:

Point of correction..... Aitiku
all join
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by wink2015(m): 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka has said that: ‘I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection.’

IN TIMAYA 'S VOICE " I CONCUR "

I actually concur to Professor Wole Soyinka submission.

Neither Atiku or Buhari is good for Nigeria.

NIGERIA SHOULD BE RESTRUCTURED TO A TRUE FEDERAL STATE WHERE EACH REGION MUST LEARN TO BE PRODUCTIVE.

A SITUATION WERE MOST NIGERIA STATE CAN NOT CREATE NATIONAL WEALTH BUT TO BE WAITING FOR STIPEND FROM ABUJA IS UNACCEPTABLE.

THERE IS A GROWING NEED FOR NIGERIA TO CORRECT THIS WRONG FOUNDATION THAT THE MILITARY IMPOSED IN NIGERIA IN WHICH SUCCESSIVE GOVERNMENT IS NOT PREPARED TO CHANGE IT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Suspends Oshiomhole’s Appeal Against His Suspension / FRSC Rescues Man Whose Car Was On Fire In Lagos This Morning / Adamawa Rerun: INEC Announcement Of Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.