Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ (25527 Views)

Why Won't You Be Voting On Saturday? / Give Reasons Why You Will Be Voting For Your Candidate / Buhari Or Jubril? Another Evidence Of Buhari's Death Resurface (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by mightyhazell: 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
Bimpe29:
Buhari has integrity but lacks competency. Atiku has capacity but lacks integrity.
Unfortunately, there is no third force.
inte what? Somebody says he will stop medical tourism,..in his own words,..'what is the point in seeking medical attention overseas if we cant make our hospitals work'.. And then fiam,..u spend almost a year cumulatively on same medical tourism with ur biker son(and recently ur wife).I will reduce presidential air fleet,i will fly commercial, bla bla bla.. Even yusuf flies private. I dont have a penny,..yet ur son owns bikes worth over a hundred million. Abeg buharu no integrity anything,make una no dey deceive unaselves again. Buhari is as corrupt as they come,..made worse by nepotism which is the worst form of corruption.. Appointing and enriching only ur townsmen
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by berbs: 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
So, we should fry Akara, abi?
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Iamspiritual: 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
WE DON'T CARE WHO YOU VOTE SIR, JUST DO YOUR THING AND SHUT THE F**K UP
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by somehow: 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
At least he voted his conscience not for a promise of looting opportunity.
khingTony:

If you Vote for Sowore, just have it at the back if your mind that you have indirectly Voted for Buhari

1 Like

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by tete7000(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
With almajiris in the North, it will be difficult to change the direction of voting in this country. When people like Buhari boasts, it's because they know that a group exists who will always vote for them whether they perform or not, a group that doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'suffering'. A group that the northern elites will simply line up on election day to thumb print en mass for the candidates they elites want. A group who are incapable of using their heads.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by cosse(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
It would have been paining me if I didn't have PVC, I can't wait to vote for AtikuObi
u av been repeating this line now in several posts.....u are so dry
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Walelavender(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2019
As much as the coalition going on isn't going to work, I'm on the same page with the Prof. Obviously, either Atiku or Buhari will win. The votes, the likes of Kingsley Moghalu,Fela Durotoye and Sowore will get can be termed encouragement votes grin. We know they can't win a state. Let them begin to evolve from now.
The next decade shouldn't be for the old wines in new bottles
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by somehow: 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2019
Not the way forward but paving the way forward.

Voting him to complete all the projects currently ungoing. That I can trust him on.

I can't afford to go back to Egypt.
tenmariner:
Simple, clear and straightforward. There is a devastating way on how a poor economy can affect the mind. Such is the case of Nigeria. The suffering mentality has reduced people's capacity to reason rationally. Buhari is not the way forward, but replacing him with Atiku is synonymous to "the dance of the Penguins" One step forward and then, two steps backward.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by ShameOnAPC: 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
cosse:

u av been repeating this line now in several posts.....u are so dry
zombie kill yourself
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by daddyfreeman1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
Is that not MBAKA at sole Soyinka's back Mbaka why are you hiding? We had seen you na. Please come out....
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by igwefivestar(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka has said that: ‘I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection.’

Soyinka made this known in an ongoing interactive session tagged citizen forum 2019.

He said “It is time for a totally new direction, and when an alternative emerges, we will give the candidate our backing,”

“For the avoidance of doubt, let me make my position quite clear because I don’t want any ambiguity; I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection,” he said.

“For a number of reasons which I will not go into here, I’m not interested in a comparative assessment. My position is simply that it is time for a totally new direction. And obviously, I’m not the only one, as I’m speaking, there is a coalition having its meeting in Lagos from which they hope to produce a consensus candidate.

“There is another group meeting in Abuja, also at the end would send us their consensus candidate. Things have been going on quietly in the background to try and change the direction of this nation in a very positive way, and to make the public understand that they do not have to be enslaved permanently to the old discredited order. It is my sole business in this election.

“I don’t believe in what is called negative vote which means, for me, throwing your vote in a waste basket, I believe instead in a creative vote, not a protest vote, not a negative vote but a creative vote. And a creative vote means that the will to at least sow a seed through your vote that will germinate eventually. The pace of germination is beyond the control of everyone, but it is never too early to make a beginning. It has happened before in other societies. When a dark horse emerges from nowhere and trumps all the political juggernauts caterpillars and so on with their performers, worthless, their capacity for violence and treachery.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/i-wole-soyinka-will-not-be-voting-for-either-buhari-or-atiku/

do u even have PVC?
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by dipopooo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
mightyhazell:
all join

Nah
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by clive2u(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2019
will his vote count as 2 or still 1 as the rest of us?
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Gabriel004: 3:05pm On Jan 31, 2019
baliyubla:
Afonja Soyinka should be bold enough to condemn the dullard he helped foist on Nigerians.
How many time has your father condemned buhari?
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Okoroawusa: 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
No be one vote this man get?
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Ategberoson(m): 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
khingTony:

If you Vote for Sowore, just have it at the back if your mind that you have indirectly Voted for Buhari

on what logical inference did you came up with this absurd verdict?

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Forreellinc: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
mightyhazell:
show some respect to our laureate.. Even if u disagree politically or otherwise
mysteryman2014:

Nobel Laureate, watch your tongue

Moorish:

I don’t know bro

But I think he has achieved more than you so he deserves your respect

grin mtchew the oldman should go f*ck himself, his time don pass and e frnds dey wait am for grave
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by surevik(f): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
Any vote that is not for any of them... That vote is wasted
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Fidelismaria: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
Baba I'm with you

I'm definitely not voting any of those two Fulani bastards

And you people should stop saying this nonsense

' a vote for any Oda Presidential candidate aside Atiku, is a vote for Buhari'.

I'm fucking tired of hearing it

Atiku my foot

Buhari my anus

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by SalamRushdie: 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
it means you are voting for Buhari simple!!!! Mumu man doesnt know any vote not for Atiku is automatically a vote for Buhari ...
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by SalamRushdie: 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
surevik:
Any vote that is not for any of them... That vote is wasted

any vote that is not for Atiku is for Buhari and any vote that is wasted is also for Buhari
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by holuphisayor(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
LoL... Oga your vote go end up like kowa party. grin

These 3rd force people should go to their respective states and pick governorship/senatorial slot. They can't be president... Not for nowgrin....the election is too expensive for them.

They should start from the bottom like drake but.... No
They feel too big.... Even akin alabi sef get sense pass them. grin
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by khingTony(m): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ategberoson:

on what logical inference did you came up with this absurd verdict?
You see, the people supporting Atiku are people that are tired of this Current administration, while the people supporting Buhari are the unrepentant "Zombies" and will not vote for any other candidate aside Buhari

Some people are both tired of this current adminstration and the previous adminstration preceding it, those are the people supporting Sowore, Durotoye, Moghalu etc,

Buhari's Supporters are fixed, regardless of what he does, they must still vote for him, while Atiku's Supporters can decide to vote for any other candidate, so if they do so, it will reduce the chances of Atiku winning the election and it will surely boost the chances of Buhari winning it
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by cooltola(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Just hoping that whomever becomes the President do not mess up.
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Ategberoson(m): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
khingTony:

You see, the people supporting Atiku are people that are tired of this Current administration, while the people supporting Buhari are the unrepentant "Zombies" and will not vote for any other candidate aside Buhari

Some people are both tired of this current adminstration and the previous adminstration preceding it, those are the people supporting Sowore, Durotoye, Moghalu etc,

Buhari's Supporters are fixed, regardless of what he does, they must still vote for him, while Atiku's Supporters can decide to vote for any other candidate, so if they do so, it will reduce the chances of Atiku winning the election and it will surely boost the chances of Buhari winning it

nonsense fiction. if Nigerians are tired of this govt, Atiku would be elected

Atiku is not even close to the alternative to the solution of Nigeria problem. so his dream end on Feb 17
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by fortunechy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2019
Expired professor..... Yoruba's can disappoint for the whole world
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Lunockgold: 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2019
haladadon:
I remember when he said he won't go to America if Trump wins. Trump won and he still went.

he doesn't want that to happen to him on this one
wole i knw is big f**l
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Abyima(m): 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
who asked for your opinion? Biko keep it to yourself. Rubbish.
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by Purenaija(m): 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hi
Brainbox2020:
Dm to join our WhatsApp group on how to start a
Perfume oil business with just #14500 and make sales of up to 5pieces per day using our selling pattern techniques.NOTE :this is a new market ,explore it aggressively.

1)we link you with the supplier and bargain to get the product at a rate of #500

2)we also give you the selling approach that works for you

3)make money even while on your bed

4)for credibility sake we gonna give our address just to give peace of mind and of course our Facebook page

5)make 5 sales or more everyday

Send hi to be added to the group chat

Check signature for number
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by 2buffagain(m): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
It would have been paining me if I didn't have PVC, I can't wait to vote for AtikuObi

Explain the logic behind this decision if you will.
Are you accepting of Atiku's no doubt corrupt past?
Re: ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ by collinsprince: 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka has said that: ‘I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection.’

Soyinka made this known in an ongoing interactive session tagged citizen forum 2019.

He said “It is time for a totally new direction, and when an alternative emerges, we will give the candidate our backing,”

“For the avoidance of doubt, let me make my position quite clear because I don’t want any ambiguity; I Wole Soyinka will not be voting for either the two so called contesting parties. I find both of them worthy of absolute rejection,” he said.

“For a number of reasons which I will not go into here, I’m not interested in a comparative assessment. My position is simply that it is time for a totally new direction. And obviously, I’m not the only one, as I’m speaking, there is a coalition having its meeting in Lagos from which they hope to produce a consensus candidate.

“There is another group meeting in Abuja, also at the end would send us their consensus candidate. Things have been going on quietly in the background to try and change the direction of this nation in a very positive way, and to make the public understand that they do not have to be enslaved permanently to the old discredited order. It is my sole business in this election.

“I don’t believe in what is called negative vote which means, for me, throwing your vote in a waste basket, I believe instead in a creative vote, not a protest vote, not a negative vote but a creative vote. And a creative vote means that the will to at least sow a seed through your vote that will germinate eventually. The pace of germination is beyond the control of everyone, but it is never too early to make a beginning. It has happened before in other societies. When a dark horse emerges from nowhere and trumps all the political juggernauts caterpillars and so on with their performers, worthless, their capacity for violence and treachery.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/i-wole-soyinka-will-not-be-voting-for-either-buhari-or-atiku/

prof -fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Payment Platform Crisis: FG May Drop IPPIS For ASUU, Others As Opposition Grows / Police Arrests Maryam Abubakar For Supplying Sex workers To Bandits / Gbajabiamila Will Not Be Majority Leader, Dogara Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.