Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (194126 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
Seedlings are 5days old today and some are already starting to sprout from the cococoir

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by tpben: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
Psalm4kute:
Seedlings are 5days old today and some are already starting to sprout from the cococoir

Which variety sprouted, Etna or that east west variety
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
tpben:

Which variety sprouted, Etna or that east west variety

Etna f1.... but the efia variety has also sprouted, but not up to the surface just yet
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ublight: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
please can someone start pepper farm with 20k
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by pascal12(m): 10:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
Psalm4kute:
Did you soak the seeds in water?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by GemAgro45: 10:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
Yes you can. At least a half plot. You can easily monitor and irrigate manually. You can use that as a test farm to prepare yourself for commercial Agriculture and gain useful experience.

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
pascal12:
Did you soak the seeds in water?
Yes over 12 hours
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by pascal12(m): 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
Psalm4kute:

Yes over 12 hours
OK. Thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeLaRue: 7:27am On Nov 15, 2019
Psalm4kute:

The emerging seeds are desperate for light...you can see that from the tray in the bottom picture.

You need to move your trays to a shaded location with plenty more light. Otherwise your will end up with leggy seedlings.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 15, 2019
DeLaRue:

The emerging seeds are desperate for light...you can see that from the tray in the bottom picture.

You need to move your trays to a shaded location with plenty more light. Otherwise your will end up leggy seedlings.
You're right, I just instructed my manager to make way for some light to get in the room.. I was trying to secure the seeds from pest in anyway possible that I forgot in doing so, I'm also preventing light from getting into the room..

I'm glad I gave update of my work here
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2019
GemAgro45:

Starting a pepper farm on half plot of land is possible, you'll have to go with organic manure, irrigation will be manual, buy opv seeds like east west variety

management will be below average ..

Infact this is possible only in the rainy season
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeLaRue: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
okoroemeka:
only good systemic fungicides will save a pepper farm ....,as long there is a brief window of sunlight that allows a systemic application to dry on the leaves it will translocate throughout the whole crops including the roots and new leaves

I just want to highlight for the sake of those interested or new to farming that systemic fungicides don't all have the same mode of action.

Many don't translocate up, down, and sideways throughout the plant. Some only move from one part of a leaf to another part of the same leaf - meaning these types don't travel very far, and so you have to ensure that you spray all parts of the plant.

The problem with this approach is that: in most cases 'spraying all parts of a plant' still leaves the underside of most leaves untouched since they tend to be difficult to reach when spraying, especially with a plant like cucumber.

You'll be surprised to know that Ridomil only move up through the plant. To my knowledge, it doesn't move down or sideways. This means that if you only spray a cucumber plant in the normal way that most of us do, with most of the spray material landing on the top of the leaves, the Ridomil will not translocate to the underside of the leaf, and so, if a fungus is on the underside of the leaf, a supposedly 'thorough' spray will be ineffective against it.

Manufacturers like Syngenta and the rest of them can do a lot better by including more helpful information on their packaging about how particular products work.

Right now, most farmers are left to their own devices, with the result that many exceed recommended dose of these chemicals in the wrongful belief that the recommended dose is ineffective. But the real issue in most cases is that we do not understand the fundamental basis of the workings of many of these products.

I genuinely encourage farmers who can, to research the product they intend to use on their plants. Products aimed at the same problem don't all work in the same way.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
Psalm4kute:
The size of this tomatoes isnt tiny,
it is sir! cobra is abt 80g nd it's dt tiny not to talk of something below 50g
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
Today, rats did the unthinkable to my pepper nursery, 7 trays containing 128 cells having 7 days old germinated etna f1 seeds totally destroyed

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeLaRue: 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
Psalm4kute:
Today, rats did the unthinkable to my pepper nursery, 7 trays containing 128 cells having 7 days old germinated etna f1 seeds totally destroyed

Ah, sorry o.

What kind of wahala is this now

What farmers go through ehn.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
Psalm4kute:
Chei, this is bad news! Wish u quick recovery
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by pascal12(m): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
Psalm4kute:
A very terrible thing.Road to success is indeed not straight! I'm sure that you will bounce back better. Try to cover the nursery next time to avoid rodents.Goodluck!
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
Pistotita:

It is better you do the calculation yourself. There are things one should not post where one knows 99.9999% cannot afford. They automatically hate one for making such proposal. I don't deal with poverty bro. I will gladly give you what you need privately. Cos some readers will get hypertension if we continue. grin Many are even "beefing" you for posting that video. Poverty is not easy..

undecided

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Oh God , that's why I protect my nursery bed like baby. For first one week I always serve fish mixed with rodenticide every night at the base of the bed.
Psalm4kute:
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2019
This is a pepper variety from seedforth ... the farmer claims so far hes got 1200kg from 10 ridges 50 by 100ft

100seed sold at 2100

@sir okoroemeka and other co farmers
What do you think of this variety judging from the picture below, as for me its just too pricey..

I'll be buying 100 seeds from them on Saturday, I want to test it and see for my self

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
Psalm4kute:
This is a pepper variety from seedforth ... the farmer claims so far hes got 1200kg from 10 ridges 50 by 100ft

100seed sold at 2100

@sir okoroemeka and other co farmers
What do you think of this variety judging from the picture below, as for me its just too pricey..

I'll be buying 100 seeds from them on Saturday, I want to test it and see for my self
dtz d price he told me! 1200kg from hw many months of harvest nd how many stands? cz it could paint a better pic of d economics of dz variety. I think dts afadja f1
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
ideepaul:

dtz d price he told me! 1200kg from hw many months of harvest nd how many stands? cz it could paint a better pic of d economics of dz variety. I think dts afadja f1
@ the time this post was made.. they where still in the period of harvest.. 1680 pepper stands on 10 ridge bed
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
ideepaul:

I'm just impressed by the size,

Average pepper weight, 17 to 18kg
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by tpben: 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by tpben: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
Psalm4kute:

@ the time this post was made.. they where still in the period of harvest.. 1680 pepper stands on 10 ridge bed

Any link to post bro
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ideepaul: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
Psalm4kute:

1680 stands on a 50*100ft plot of land? z ds feasible! if u may recall, some weeks ago when I brought up d Rz seeds issue here, someone said he had abt 30% germination rate, dz z one f d reasons I m slowing down a bit. I even met a east west agent during an agri-expo in uyo who said they r abt 2 release a new habanero f1 b4 d month runs out...I am jst bidding my time
I think he meant 2 say 17g nt kg
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2019
first of all the 1200kg harvest is it a once harvest,weekly or total yield from the pepper farm, because a bag of pepper is roughly 15-20kg so you see 1200 kg is a lot almost 50-60 bags,also the 1680 crops for 100 ft×50ft land I think maybe it will work in my dreams because the closest spacing you can dare with a hybrid variety like that is 90cm,we used 100cm spacing in our avenir hybrid farm still no space at all,if you even use 60cm spacing on 100×50ft land what you will get is 500-600 crops max,a vigorous hybrid habanero pepper like that RZ seed that will be topped will be planted with nothing less than 4 feet spacing or least management will be difficult because there will be no space to enter and spray or harvest,you can try closer spacing of 60cm with heirloom varieties like efia,Safi or Cameron pepper,if you try that with a properly topped hybrid pepper sorry will be your second name.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
Psalm4kute:

I'm just impressed by the size,

Average pepper weight, 17 to 18kg
apart from poor germination I am yet to see a hot pepper variety that is bigger ,spicy and flavorful than avenir f1
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
ideepaul:

1680 stands on a 50*100ft plot of land? z ds feasible! if u may recall, some weeks ago when I brought up d Rz seeds issue here, someone said he had abt 30% germination rate, dz z one f d reasons I m slowing down a bit. I even met a east west agent during an agri-expo in uyo who said they r abt 2 release a new habanero f1 b4 d month runs out...I am jst bidding my time
I think he meant 2 say 17g nt kg
Yes 17 to 18g thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
okoroemeka:
apart from poor germination I am yet to see a hot pepper variety that is bigger ,spicy and flavorful than avenir f1
You guys are the ones who scared me away from buying avenir, I no fit gamble with my money, but the etna f1 germination rate was superb, infact If not for rats I would say I had over 98% germination rate.. so far I have no problem with efia germination rate either.. but comparing it to etna f1, I'll say etna f1 is better
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
Psalm4kute:

You guys are the ones who scared me away from buying avenir, I no fit gamble with my money, but the etna f1 germination rate was superb, infact If not for rats I would say I had over 98% germination rate.. so far I have no problem with efia germination rate either.. but comparing it to etna f1, I'll say etna f1 is better
we are scratching our heads on how to germinate that troublesome avenir pepper,I think we will sow in plastic trays and put inside a place were everything can be controlled by us,like temperature,light intensity, moisture and of course RATS,let it be double work to re transplant the germinated seedlings,that variety definitely worth the added stress,only if it germinates that's the big IF !!
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by TTGIL: 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
Today, the international trade in pepper is worth a lot of money. Starting pepper export business is one of the most profitable business you can think of in Nigeria. One of the great things about the export business is that it is not limited by a boundary.

You have the potential to make a good fortune from exporting chilies like Atarodo, Sombo, Bawa and Tatase.

Due to its strong and aromatic flavour, pepper is commonly used to give a rich seasoning and colour to food and is also used for medicinal purposes.

The pepper business is a multi-billion dollar global industry and a significant source of revenue for several investors. You too can be one of them.

Read more: http://exportfromnigeria.info/thread/2326/pepper-export#ixzz65u7CUO1A

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.