Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 (5326 Views)

Abstainence Till Marriage Or Abstainence Till Age 18? / Men! Don't You Ever Be A Nice Guy To Her (photo) / South African Woman States Why Men Don't Want To Leave Her Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2019
I want to share my experience so far. I graduated in 2016 at the age of 26 and proceeded for my nysc in 2017. This was my first time of staying far from home and getting to interact with real life.
Have you ever been privileged to raise a pigeon? You keep it in a cage for a while, let's say 3 weeks and when you release it: the way it stretches its wings speaks the taste of anticipated freedom. I felt so free and felt like the world was at the mercy of my palm. If you have once been a corper, you will understand better.
During my service year I got close to my Employer who was a principal in his late 40s. I told him I met a girl in the town I felt soul attached to... He smiled and asked how old was I and told him. His next comment was the
"I married at the age of 23 with the help of my family and some few friends, and the economy was still friendly then but now, you are 27 and the economy now is in terrible shape." Most men that went to school don't have a respectable source of income until the age of 33. Coupled with the fact that men nowadays don't know what making a choice is. You can't house a woman without putting having a baby in perspective."
Now I realize what the man truly meant, different level different challenges. Women bother about clocking a particular age before getting married, men bother about getting out of their parents house and having their own family before a particular age... Different levels different challenges

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by solutionmi: 11:01am On Feb 03, 2019
bad economy

2 Likes

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 11:03am On Feb 03, 2019
vote Atiku to get Nigeria working

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 03, 2019
not all men
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by 1stHooligan(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2019
Oma307:
not all men
exactly.... I wonder why he didn't make that part bold
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2019
Oma307:
not all men
... He said most.

10 Likes

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by dingbang(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
I know that a good number of men dont want to take responsibility by paying rent, instead they rather stay in their parents house.

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by ednut1(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
False. There are alot of 35 to 38 year old guys wey never still hammer. Its not easy abeg. Even those with better salaries are living from hand to mouth. Family bills and all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Richdad50(m): 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
There were more weddings in Jonathan reign than in Buharis'. Saturdays were boom and event centers were fully booked. Money was bound to flow from the Event manager down to the ordinary but unknown photographer who strolls to the venue. Funny how bad choices at the polling station not only affect governance but also reduces your chances of tieing the nut or making money on a cool weekend.

#Richdad

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Justbeingreal(m): 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
No1 reason why lots of men of marriageable age are still unmarried....

Finance.....

9 Likes

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Biglittlelois(f): 1:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by chigoizie7(m): 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
the op is correct. even though he said most.

majority of men at the age brackets of 26 - 32 are hardly financially capable.

I mean being financially independent in a responsible way.

not all they yahoo boys or other forms of scammers or agbero boys/political thugs or drug dealers or those into sales of substandard goods.

I mean. a man coming out openly and being proud to brag to the world and say . this is what I do for a living.

the few that are legally employed are not paid well.

so op somehow u are correct.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by jorion(m): 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
Disagree, it's not the finance. I know lots of Nigerian guys who are doing well but still single. It's the quality of the who I am to settle down with, not the how are we going to survive. Why would I want to settle down with someone whose highest ambition is to marry or own a shop. Do you want to reduce the IQ/EQ of my children

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Raalsalghul: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:
I want to share my experience so far. I graduated in 2016 at the age of 26 and proceeded for my nysc in 2017. This was my first time of staying far from home and getting to interact with real life.
Have you ever been privileged to raise a pigeon? You keep it in a cage for a while, let's say 3 weeks and when you release it: the way it stretches its wings speaks the taste of anticipated freedom. I felt so free and felt like the world was at the mercy of my palm. If you have once been a corper, you will understand better.
During my service year I got close to my Employer who was a principal in his late 40s. I told him I met a girl in the town I felt soul attached to... He smiled and asked how old was I and told him. His next comment was the
"I married at the age of 23 with the help of my family and some few friends, and the economy was still friendly then but now, you are 27 and the economy now is in terrible shape." Most men that went to school don't have a respectable source of income until the age of 33. Coupled with the fact that men nowadays don't know what making a choice is. You can't house a woman without putting having a baby in perspective."
Now I realize what the man truly meant, different level different challenges. Women bother about clocking a particular age before getting married, men bother about getting out of their parents house and having their own family before a particular age... Different levels different challenges
Like how much is reasonable income to you?
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by lincsnuel: 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
No be lie
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by mastermaestro(m): 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
jorion:
Disagree, it's not the finance. I know lots of Nigerian guys who are doing well but still single. It's the quality of the who I am to settle down with, not the how are we going to survive. Why would I want to settle down with someone whose highest ambition is to marry or own a shop. Do you want to reduce the IQ/EQ of my children

Very thoughtful submission. Quality matters a lot!

6 Likes

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by pocohantas(f): 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
ednut1:
False. There are alot of 35 to 38 year old guys wey never still hammer. Its not easy abeg. Even those with better salaries are living from hand to mouth. Family bills and al.

Walahi, salary upgrade is a scam cry

1 Like

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by babakb: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Apart from Lagos, Rivers, Abuja, Ogun and Abia states, 75k Salary is very reasonable if your employer pays as at when due.

4 Likes

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
True cry
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by JbravoAdodger(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
watchu talking? I am not yet 32 and I'm a bloody multi-billionaire!!! bomboclat....
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Gerrard59(m): 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2019
jorion:

But errm...it's called entrepreneurship.

4 Likes

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Gerrard59(m): 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
BUTTERMILKSUGAR:
"I married at the age of 23 with the help of my family and some few friends, and the economy was still friendly then but now, you are 27 and the economy now is in terrible shape." Most men that went to school don't have a respectable source of income until the age of 33.Coupled with the fact that men nowadays don't know what making a choice is. You can't house a woman without putting having a baby in perspective."

And that my people is another cause of the increasing poverty in Nigeria. Marry today, born tomorrow culture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
How much is reasonable income to you too Sir, please factor in Rent, Feeding, Transportation & light bills (Nepa & Gen)

Edit
OP actually said Respectable income & not reasonable. Reasonable means something you can manage with while respectable is something that can cater adequately for your needs.

1 Like

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Raalsalghul: 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
truthsayer009:

How much is reasonable income to you too Sir, please factor in Rent, Feeding, Transportation & light bills (Nepa & Gen)
Which location?
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Which location?
Lagos
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Raalsalghul: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
truthsayer009:

Lagos
Single or married? Working or dependent wife? How many kids are we talking about here? Which area in Lagos?
We have to be specific here? wink
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by cooldood(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
Sometimes, the challenge is with the quality of females in our environment coupled with their willingness to be groom-able where necessary. For instance, am on a 7-figure income and have been on that since I was 32 last year. However, finding a reasonable Nigerian lady has been the issue. Note, I have related with foreign babes while I was outside the country and I could simply see that Nigerian gals are aggressive, not very patient/ calm and have entitlement mentality. Where these attributes came from, I don’t know. Yet, I keep searching cos I believe in companionship.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Single or married? Working or dependent wife? How many kids are we talking about here? Which area in Lagos?
We have to be specific here? wink

Newly Married with 1 kid, living on mainland & working on Island
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Raalsalghul: 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2019
truthsayer009:

Newly Married with 1 kid, living on mainland & working on Island
Working/dependent wife?
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Working/dependent wife?
Please leave Wife out of this for now sir. Let us assume her money isn't involved, I cannot be banking on my wife's money.

Just give me your figures.

3 Likes

Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
cooldood:
Sometimes, the challenge is with the quality of females in our environment coupled with their willingness to be groom-able where necessary. For instance, am on a 7-figure income and have been on that since I was 32 last year. However, finding a reasonable Nigerian lady has been the issue. Note, I have related with foreign babes while I was outside the country and I could simply see that Nigerian gals are aggressive, not very patient/ calm and have entitlement mentality. Where these attributes came from, I don’t know. Yet, I keep searching cos I believe in companionship.

Guy you never ready cheesy
Re: Most Men Don't Have A Respectable Income Till Age 32 by Raalsalghul: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
truthsayer009:

Please leave Wife out of this for now sir. Let us assume her money isn't involved, I cannot be banking on my wife's money.

Just give me your figures.
Anything above 120 k/month will sustain such family. What ya think?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Public Display Of Affection(pda) / CokersClub Entertainment: Disclaimer Of All Photos/Videos / I Snatched My Best-friend's Fiance And Married Him And So What? (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.