Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:51 AM

4Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4Ebisco's Profile / 4Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

Politics / Shehu Sani Reacts To Mubi Adamawa Bomb Blast by 4Ebisco: 10:37pm On May 01, 2018
Shehu Sani, the Senator representing Kaduna Central has condemned the attack on Mubi town which left 27 people dead.

MC EBISCO recalls that many were feared dead as bomb exploded in a Mosque at Mubi town, Adamawa.

The state Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Ahmad Sajoh, had confirmed that the 56 injuried persons severely injured were on admission in hospital.

Sajoh said the blast occurred in Kasuwan Gwanjo (second hand clothes market) and a mosque within the market.

Reacting, Sani said the attack is an act of terrorism against Muslims and Christians.

The lawmaker described the attack as despicable and evil.

“The suicide bomb attack on a mosque in Adamawa state stands condemned. Its despicable and evil.

“Again, it demonstrated the irreligious lunacy and coloration of terrorism. Both Muslims and Christians are victims,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/shehu-sani-blows-hot-over-adamawa-bomb.html

2 Likes

Crime / Ebonyi: Assailants Behead Businessman, Cut Off Private Parts by 4Ebisco: 6:25pm On May 01, 2018
A middle-aged man identified as Friday Igwe has been murdered in Ebonyi.

Assailants were said to have cut off his head and private parts in his country home of Amaonye in Ishiagu of Ivo local government area of the state.

Speaking with The Nation, a member of Ishiagu community narrated circumstances surrounding the incident.

He said: “Friday Igwe was murdered in cold blood at his country home, Amaonye in Ishiagu in Ivo local government area on 27 April, 2018. The victim’s body was found with his head cut off, his private part cut off.

“The victim was a successful business man who surprisingly came home frustrated. He is a nephew to an Abuja based rich industrialist, who also hailed from Amaonye Ishiagu.

“The victim came home some years ago and was allegedly planning to build a house in a land bequeathed to him by his grandfather near St. Gabriel Catholic Church Amaonye Ishiagu.

“He shares the same grandfather with the Abuja based businessman. But about 2 years ago the victim about 35 years had a serious dispute with his nephew who also laid claim to the land also.

“This disputed land landed the victim in the police as the Abuja based rich man made sure he was detained for more than a month and before the victim could be released. Mr. Ikechukwu Okorie had fenced the disputed land.

“The victim being frustrated decided to live at a distant settlement in the community. Up till now no arrest has been made. The corpse was taken to Agu 3 palace and finally to the mortuary.”

The Divisional Police Officer, DPO of Ishiagu, Mr. Urom stated that the matter would soon be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, of the Police Headquarters in Abakaliki.

“His head was cut off; his stomach also burst open. He was killed by unknown assailant. The matter will soon be transferred to the SCID for further investigation,” he confirmed.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/ebonyi-assailants-behead-businessman.html

Celebrities / Alex Is My Heart Desire – Tobi Bakre Publicly Opens Up by 4Ebisco: 2:12pm On May 01, 2018
EX-BBNaija housemates Tobi Bakre and Alexandra Unusual popularly known as TOLEX have been making headlines because of the friendship or relationship they share. While in the house, Tobi had openly declared on several occasions how he would like to date Alex if given a chance.

Coming out of the house, although, Tobi has shared that relationship is the last thing on his mind but he won’t deny not having feelings for the dance queen Alex. He however, shared that if they were both ready after making a brand for themselves he knows the buttons to press to make her fall for him.

Last night at the Pepsi Lituation party hosted for the housemates, Dotun, the MC asked Tobi on the stage if he was in love with Alex and the over hyped housemate screamed “WIth all my heart”.

Shortly after the declaration, TOLEX shared a very warm and tight hug. Will Tolex be happening anytime soon regardless of their brand’s need to go solo? Watch this space.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/alex-is-my-heart-desire-tobi-bakre.html

Politics / Ibb’s Spokesman, Afegbua Speaks On ”lobbying Buhari Government For Appointment” by 4Ebisco: 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
Kassim Afegbua, the spokesperson for former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, has denied that he lobbied to get appointment in Buhari’s government but failed.

Reports had emerged that Afeguba who is a former Commissioner for Information in Edo state tried to lobby the presidency through Babangida for appointment but he wasn’t offered any which is the reason why he became critical of Buhari’s administration.

Reacting, Afegbua said he has never lobbied for any appointments, adding that he was a supporter of Buhari’s government until he decided to seek another term.

He said “Over my dead body for me to lobby for appointment. In all my life, i have never lobbied for appointment. What I get comes to me by providence and merit. Why would I lobby for appointment? For what?”!

“I was a strong supporter of President Buhari until I saw that he declares for second term. I do not think very strongly that he is fair to Nigerians. Seeing that his capacity has been a matter of patching up, he needed to show leadership by supporting someone much younger, fit and capable to contest in 2019 especially when he declared that age will limit his performance” .

“Please there is nothing personal. I am only exercising my right as a Nigerian even though I know the president too has a right to seek re-election as a Nigerian. But there is something that is not in the constitution; that is called Integrity. And since his handlers say the president possesses that I expected him to display it at this critical time by honourably saying I can’t fit in again”.

“According to him, he said his doctors told him to eat more and sleep more but Nigeria needs a president who is awake to attend to different challenges confronting us. In fact, the hallmark of leadership is being able to take certain altruistic decisions in the life of a nation no matter how painful it will be to your personal gains”.

“I have respect for the president that was why I was involved in 2015 criss-crossing all the 18 local governments of Edo state campaigning for him. It is not about appointment at all. If you ask those who know me well, they will tell you I don’t lobby for positions. But I have a right to raise concerns about my country if it is not properly governed by my elected president.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/ibbs-spokesman-afegbua-speaks-on.html

Politics / PDP Reacts To Bomb Explosion At Ohanaeze President, Nwodo’s House by 4Ebisco: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called for investigation into the the explosion at the country home of the President-General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, John Nnia Nwodo, at Ukehe in Enugu State.

MC EBISCO reports that Nwodo’s residence at Ukehe in Enugu State, was on Sunday rocked by bomb blast.

The party, in a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan on Sunday in Abuja, condemned the explosion.

He described the action of the arsonists as callous, horrendous and wicked.

The Party invited security agencies “to unravel the identities of the masked characters behind the dastardly act.

“All our security agencies must swing into action and arrest the culprits to serve as deterrent to others.”

“Our nation cannot afford another form of criminality in view of the psychological trauma Nigerians are going through with bloodletting and killings in many states of the federation,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/pdp-reacts-to-bomb-explosion-at.html

Politics / JUST IN: Ominous Signs From Benue by 4Ebisco: 5:40am On Apr 29, 2018
The killing of Reverend Father Joseph Gor and his visiting friend and priest, Father Felix Tyolaha, amongst other worshippers by marauding herdsmen last Tuesday at a requiem mass for a member of the community, who passed on, at the Saint Ignatius Catholic Church is the height of the series of attacks on Benue State, a situation that bears unsavoury signs for the security of the nation, reports George Oko

By the time the assailants left, both Fathers Gor and Tyolaha including 17 other parishioners were not as lucky as the heavy rain of bullets pierced through their bodies leaving them completely lifeless. Eyewitnesses recalled that both of them were preaching right at the altar, when they were shot dead. The assailants did not however stop at the killing of those in the church but went further to attack, chase and burn down the entire settlement.

Some of the villagers, who as a result of the sporadic gun shots, sprinted out of confusion to nearby bush, later regrouped to chase the invaders but their efforts were in vain as they had no weapons for self-defence.

A member of the community, Terver Chia, said the church usually has its morning mass by 5.30 am and that on the day, apart from the mass, a burial programme was ongoing.

“I was not at the church but I had woken up to prepare for the farm. I was hearing songs from the church as my house is just a stone throw from it when suddenly the songs were interrupted by sporadic gunshots amid shouting. Initially, many of us wanted to run towards the church but we saw our people running towards us telling us to run that the Fulani herdsmen were after them.”

Chia, who said he lost very close relatives to the church attack lamented why the assailants would kill innocent priests and worshipers.
“Fr. Gor is God-sent to us,” he said, wondering why anyone would cut short a life solely dedicated to the service of God. He wept.
A few months ago, Fr Gor and Tyolaha were posted to another outstation of the Catholic denomination in Daudu, Guma Local Government area where the suspected herdsmen had also attacked the community he was residing on two different occasions.
Before the last attack that led to his untimely death, he posted on his Facebook page, alerting that the herdsmen had invaded Mbalom and were brandishing deadly weapons. He also warned that they were in danger and living in fear.

His friend and Superior General of the Via Christi Society, Father Theophilos Hwande, writes in the pain of his passing: “How do I begin? The pain is beyond compare. Fr. Joseph Gor was my classmate at Mt. St. Gabriel Secondary School from 1990 to 1996. We sat on the same seat given that his surname started with G and mine was H.

Hwande paid tributes to the late priests amidst sobs, “My joy was full when he was ordained a priest five years after I was ordained. He was a sign of doggedness. In 2017, I went to Mbalom and spent ten days with him. They were the most exciting days of life. He saw me as a friend, brother and classmate, not as a superior or some sort of authority.

“On December 31, 2017, Fr. Joe Gor joined me in my parish along my other mates of Set ‘96 to thank God for his goodness. He preached at the mass after which we all went to Adaka for our set’s Mimi and born-fire barbecue dinner.

“Today, the satanic killer-herdsmen have cut short his very beautiful life. On 4th June 2016, I mounted the pulpit to preach at the first thanksgiving mass of Fr. Felix Tyolaha at Ikpayongo, because he was the first priest to be ordained from my home parish for the Via Christi during the time of my service as the Superior General of the Via Christi Society. This is a brother and priest and kin.
“In January, Fr. Tyolaha called to tell me that his Parish, Yogbo was under attack by herdsmen. I instructed him to move to Daudu, where he was staying till the Bishop asked if I could release him to cover for Fr. Joe Gor in Ukpo, Ayar Mbalom, who was going on training. How could a man run from the herdsmen only to be killed by them?

“May the souls of my brothers, Fr. Joe Gor and Fr. Felix Tyolaha, rest with their master in peace as they were both killed in their full vestments at mass. They will sure complete the mass they began here in heaven.”
The Makurdi Diocese of the Catholic Church had confirmed the killing of two of its priest by the herdsmen. Director of Communication of the Diocese, Fr. Moses Iorapuu, said the two priests had been confirmed dead in a deadly attack by herdsmen/Jihadists early Tuesday in Ayar Mbalom village and St. Ignatius Quasi Parish Ukpor-Mbalom.

According to him, they burnt down homes, destroyed food items and killed at will, in their typical style.
“The police seem to know nothing of the attacks, which have been going on in other villages within Benue State since the Anti-open Grazing Law came into effect last year,” he said, adding that many people had been querying the silence of the International community over the massacre of Benue citizens.

He added, “The answer is simple: It has been the goal of the Jihadists to conquer Benue and Tiv people, who resisted their advance into the middle belt and the Eastern part of Nigeria since 1804, the people who rejected Islam and fought for the unification of Nigeria in the civil war of 1967-1970.”

He said the people of Eastern Nigeria do not have sympathy for Benue people, who fought on the side of Nigeria, adding that the Muslim North as a result has been enjoying a sweet revenge overshadowed by an insensitive regime.
The director of communication disclosed that there were over 170,000 internally displaced persons before the Naka invasion and that with the current situation in Mbalom, Benue would be flooded with thousands more.

“What cannot be said at this point is the consequences of the death of Missionaries on the silent killings that have been ignored by the government for over a year…To go for the Priests means total destruction of everything we stand for and believe in as a people,” he said.

The Police Commissioner in the state, Fatai Owoseni, said the police were informed of the attack by 8am. He said, “After doing a wider coverage of the general area, we also went to the church where this incident happened. That was where we were told on the spot that these attackers came by 5am, went into the church and to the venue of a burial that was going on where the priest was supposed to officiate.

“We will intensify our search to go after these people wherever they may hide. We will also work on the information from the members of public there, because we believe that they must have been hanging around the place to have committed that act at 5am. So, we still believe that they would be somewhere around there. These are armed marauders, who are going about killing people and we will go after them with all the resources we have.”

Also, the Deputy Governor of the state, Benson Abounu, said “it was another black day in Benue. I am saddened, the governor who is on leave is saddened and Benue people are very sad, because I can put it now that Benue is under is under siege.

“We have been attacked from all corners and this is unacceptable. What happened today is a calculated attack, well planned, and well executed. They must have taken their time and they hit their target and they got what they desired to.
“The police have been able to recover 16 corpses one had earlier on been brought to Makurdi and as I talk to you now, all the corpses have been brought to Makurdi including the two Reverend Fathers killed right inside the church. That is a new dimension of attacks, because it has never happened before and therefore is very worrying.”

Governor Ortom said the killing of people who have made sacrifices of their lives to preach peace and love of mankind was unwarranted and unacceptable. He called on the people of the state to be prepared to defend themselves and their land, because the state was under siege and that they have no other place to run to.

He appealed to the people of the state to support the security agencies to surmount the challenges, noting that it was clear that they have been overwhelmed. He also expressed appreciation to the President, Muhammadu Buhari for condemning the killings and urged him to direct the arrest of the perpetrators of what he described as an ongoing pogrom in the state.

The governor also called on the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led federal government to change the way of doing things in the country by ensuring that the killings in all parts of the nation are stopped, vowing that no amount of killings would make the state review the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law, because it was the product of the entire people and that ranching was the only solution to the incessant farmers and herders’ crisis.

Other prominent Benue indigenes also condemned the killings. They include a former President of the Senate, David Mark; former governor of the state, Senator George Akume and his successor, Dr. Gabriel Suswam as well as the National President of the Nigerian Catholic Diocesan Priests, Rev. Father Sylvester Onmoke.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/just-in-ominous-signs-from-benue.html

Crime / SS1 Female Stabs Classmate In The Eye For Refusing To Join Cult by 4Ebisco: 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
With reference to the increasing rate of cultism practiced in secondary schools, fresh developments gathered reveal that a student who refused to join cultism might have to suffer the consequences of this action, for the rest of her life

A teenage female cultist identified simply as Josephine,as well as her gang members have allegedly damaged the right eye of one Lilian Friday, who is an SS1 student of Community Secondary School Otuoke, Bayelsa State

The bizzare incident which occurred yesterday evening left many shocked as it was revealed that the suspected cultist, also an SS1 student of the same secondary school is said to have been mounting pressure and persuading Lilian to join her cult group.

The victim’s persistent refusal provoked the suspect and she vowed to disfigure Lillian’s face.

Lilian was attacked late yesterday, while returning from her uncle’s residence place when she met her classmate who insisted that she must join her cult group.

Consequently, the two classmates started fighting, and then the suspect alerted her gang members, who came along and had the victim held to the ground, stabbed her right eye and then took off.

Sadly, efforts to arrest the suspect have not been successful, as the Otuoke community is yet to grant arrest warrant to the parents of the victim, because it is against their practice for someone to make arrest in the community without the approval of its leadership.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/ss1-female-stabs-classmate-in-eye-for.html

Celebrities / How Dolapo Ajayi Died At Her Grandfather’s Burial – Bisi Fayemi by 4Ebisco: 9:26am On Apr 28, 2018
We shared recently that Nigeria’s Ambassador to Hungary, Dr Eniola Olairan Ajayi, has been bereaved as she lost her 26-year-old daughter, Dolapo Ajayi, during the funeral rites of her father at Iyin-Ekiti, Ekiti State.

The former first lady of Ekiti State, Mrs. Bisi Fayemi, sent condolence message to her friend, Ambassador Eniola Olaitan Ajayi.

In a piece titled, Loud Whispers: When there are no words, published on her website, Mrs. Fayemi narrated the events that led to the death of the 27-year-old Dolapo Ajayi.

In her condolence message to Ajayi, Fayemi said people had gathered to bury Ambassador Ajayi’s father when Dolapo suddenly dropped dead. She was later diagnosed as having died of ruptured brain aneurysm.

Fayemi revealed her helplessness in the face of such an incident.

Part of her piece reads, “Friday, April 20, 2018 was one of the worst days of my life.

“A very close friend of mine lost her 27-year-old daughter the same day she was burying her 98-year-old father.

“We had all gathered to celebrate the life of a wonderful man who had spent all his life raising generations of teachers. What was meant to be a joyous occasion turned into an unspeakable tragedy when my friend’s daughter died suddenly after suffering a ruptured brain aneurysm.

“It was the kind of day that shook people’s faith to the core, a day when we all kept pinching ourselves to see if we would wake up from the nightmare.

“I felt so helpless watching my friend suffer so intensely. The least I can do is share a few words with my dear sister and friend.

“What has happened to you is the worst nightmare of any parent. As if the tragedy of losing a beautiful young woman so suddenly was not bad enough, the fact that it happened the day you were burying your father is too much to bear.

“As I sat with you and other friends staring at the lifeless body of your first-born child, I felt a sense of hopelessness and helplessness I have never felt before.”

The published author went on to encourage Ambassador Eniola Ajayi to keep the faith and embrace the grieving process.

What is ruptured brain aneurysm?

According to authorities at Mayfield Brain and Spine Clinic, an aneurysm is a balloon-like bulge or weakening of an artery wall. As the bulge grows, it becomes thinner and weaker.

It can become so thin that the blood pressure within can cause it to leak or burst.

Aneurysms usually occur on larger blood vessels at the fork where an artery branches off.

A ruptured aneurysm releases blood into the subarachnoid space around the brain. When an aneurysm bursts, it releases blood into the spaces between the brain and the skull. This space is filled with cerebrospinal fluid that bathes and cushions the brain.

As blood spreads and clots, it irritates the lining of the brain and damages brain cells. At the same time, the area of brain that previously received oxygen-rich blood from the affected artery is now deprived of blood, resulting in a stroke.

A subarachnoid hemorrhage is life threatening, with a 40 per cent risk of death.

Symptoms of aneurysms

Most aneurysms don’t have symptoms until they rupture. Rupture usually occurs while a person is active rather than asleep. If you experience the symptoms of a subarachnoid hemorrhage, get to hospital immediately!

Symptoms to watch out for include:

Sudden onset of a severe headache (often described as “the worst headache of my life”)
Nausea and vomiting
Stiff neck
Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
Blurred or double vision
Loss of consciousness
Seizures

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/how-dolapo-ajayi-died-at-her.html

Romance / Nigerian Sex Slave, Princess, Marries Her Client In Italy (Photos, Video) by 4Ebisco: 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
Most people are aware of the sex trade of Nigerian ladies in Italy but not everyone is of the know that the victims are subject to intense physical and emotional abuse, working up to 20 hours a day under the watchful eye of their love-vendor or madam, or of a fellow forced sex worker.

A Nigerian woman identified as Princess has made some shocking revelations as to how she met her husband of 13years in one of the most bizzare incidences

Princess, a beautiful mother of one while speaking on Australia’s SBS Dateline revealed that she met her husband when she was a sex slave in Italy

According to her, in her search for greener pastures, she had been lured to Italy under the false pretense of receiving a well-paid job and better life but was forced to sleep with five to fifteen men daily.

Upon being trapped by smugglers and pimps, forced to repay a crippling debt after fleeing from her home in Nigeria, and ending up living on the streets in Asti, she was forced to perform MouthAction on men for $6 and as little as $19 for intercourse, noting that her hopes of getting freed one day was nearly impossible.

Speaking on her first time on the street, she said;

“It was terrible and dangerous work because most of the time, I met people that were bad people that they will kill us, you know? They kill girls for fun.

The first night was a nightmare and I was so afraid of entering people’s cars, I was crying throughout the night.”

Princess further disclosed that her life took a major turn 18 years ago after she met a client, Alberto, who after their first meeting, started dating her secretly and saving money to settle her debts and free her from slavery and later became her husband

Princess has rescued over 250 girls so far and is now taking on the Nigerian mafia in a bid to help other victims of trafficking.

Speaking also, Princess’ husband, Alberto, disagreed that most of the girls are not aware of what they are coming to do in Europe and insisted that most of them know they are coming to be a prostitute but mistakenly glamorise it.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/i-met-my-husband-when-i-was-sex-slave.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEBM6oX-4yg

6 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / BREAKING: Oyo Assembly Speaker, Michael Adeyemo Dead by 4Ebisco: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2018
The Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Michael Adeyemo is dead.

MC EBISCO learnt that Adeyemo died in the early hours of Friday at Jericho hospital in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital.

Sources informed our correspondent that the Eruwa born lawyer-turned-politician died of heart attack.

However, efforts made to know the time and other details sorrounding his death proved abortive as calls put through to some members of the Assembly and information officer of the House proved abortive.

But one of the members, Hon. Wumi Oladeji (Ogbomoso North), said she was informed about the incident this morning.

Oladeji, who said she was on her way to join her colleagues in Ibadan, told DAILY POST that can not speak further on the matter.

Details later…

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/breaking-oyo-assembly-speaker-michael.html

NYSC / NYSC Debunks Reports Of Sharia Practice In FCT Camp by 4Ebisco: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
The management of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has debunked a report by a national daily which claimed that the agency has introduced Sharia practice in the Federal Capital Territory orientation camp.

In a statement signed by its Director of Public Relations, Adenike Adeyemi, the agency said there is nothing like ‘Introduction of Sharia Practice in any NYSC Orientation Camp’ including the FCT Camp.

According to the statement, the publication (not Daily Trust) claimed that the NYSC scheme in FCT camp Kubwa has introduced Sharia practice including the banning of sales of alcoholic drinks and non-socialization of male and female corps members. The agency claimed this is untrue.

The statement noted that the scheme runs a prototype policy in all NYSC Orientation Camps nationwide hence the camps are coordinated with a uniform timetable as well as freedom of worship for both Muslim and Christian corps members.

On the issue of restriction of socialization of male and female corps members, the statement added that the report negates the whole essence of the scheme as it was not possible for any camp management to stop the social integration of corps members in an orientation camp.

It emphasized that corps members were grouped into platoons which comprises of both male and female who carry out all camp activities together.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/nysc-debunks-reports-of-sharia-practice.html

Politics / Dino Melaye: Nigeria Police Explains How Senator Attempted To Escape by 4Ebisco: 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
Force Headquarters has come up with details on the circumstances leading to Tuesday’s escape of Senator Dino Melaye.

Melaye jumped down from the vehicle conveying him to Lokoja, Kogi State for possible parade and subsequent arraignment in court.

Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN at the premises of Zanklin Hospital, where the senator is receiving treatment following the development.

Moshood said “Dino escaped around Area 1 area of the Federal Capital Territory.”

He said “men believed to be working for him got wind of the police movement and waylaid the police vehicle carrying him around the Area 1 area with their vehicle after which the senator jumped down and bolted away in the process.”

Moshood explained that a middle aged woman was wounded in the process by the vehicle used by the senator’s men.

He said the police had since set up machineries to investigate the circumstance leading to the escape of the senator, adding that the senator would be charged for case of escape from lawful custody.

He said “the vehicle used by the senator’s men to accost the police vehicle has since been recovered and taken into custody.”

He also said that “useful information has been obtained from its handlers.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/dino-melaye-nigeria-police-explains-how.html

Celebrities / #bbnaija 2018: Biggie Reveals Why Nina Made Grand Finale by 4Ebisco: 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
Biggie has told Big Brother Naija 2018 housemate, Nina, the reason she made the grand finale.

Nina was told during her diary session on Sunday afternoon to ask Big Brother only one question.

Nina is one of the housemates still having the hope of winning the prestigious prize attached to the reality show.

She is the least of all other 4 housemates expected to last till this stage.

Nina asked Biggie why he thinks she made the grand finale of the year’s show.

In response Biggie said, “Well Nina, first of all you are still here because you are you. You have been yourself.

“Secondly, you are still here because you are good enough.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/bbnaija-2018-biggie-reveals-why-nina.html

Politics / Woman Caught While Stealing Baby In Benue by 4Ebisco: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2018
A 26-year-old woman simply identified as Divine was allegedly caught while stealing a six-week-old baby in Makurdi, Benue State.

Divine was said to have stolen the minor,Doochivir Ukeyima, at number 26 Tony Odu Street, Gyado Villa, Makurdi.

The suspect was trying to escape when a 10-year-old girl named Hembadoon Tersoo alerted the mother of the baby.

It was gathered that the mother of the child, Mrs. Doris Ukeyima, who was engaged in cleaning activities behind the house raised the alarm, which led to the arrest of the abductor.

Narrating the incident,the father of the child, Mr. Samuel told Punch that the incident happened on Thursday.

He said, “The lady came to the house through a bush path behind our house. My wife left the child alone in the house and was weeding the premises. The lady went straight into my apartment and carried the baby but unknown to her, a neighbour was watching her.

“It was the girl who alerted my wife and she raised the alarm leading to the arrest of the woman.”

The suspect is currently being detained at E Division, Makurdi.

When contacted on the incident, Benue State Command PPRO, ASP Moses Yamu, said, “I don’t have that report yet, I will have to find out.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/woman-caught-while-stealing-baby-in.html

Politics / ‘lazy Nigerian Youths’: Presidency Clarifies What Buhari Actually Said by 4Ebisco: 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
The Presidency has reacted to comments making the rounds that President Muhammadu Buhari described Nigerian youths as lazy.

While delivering a keynote address at the Commonwealth Business Forum in London yesterday, President Muhammadu Buhari was quoted to have said that many Nigerian youths want everything free without doing anything.

The President was speaking on the topic: “Making Business Easier Between Commonwealth Countries”.

The statement has since attracted lots of criticisms to Buhari.

Reacting to the criticisms in a statement forwarded to MC EBISCO by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the presidency clarified that Buhari had cause to talk about some Nigerian youths, and he said: ‘We have a very young population; our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million.

‘More than 60 per cent of the population is below the age of 30. A lot of them have not been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria has been an oil producing country, therefore they should sit and do nothing and get housing, healthcare and education free.’

The statement reads, “Typical of their stock in trade, manipulators and twisters of statements of Mr President, who lie in wait to make mischief, interpreted the comment to mean that President Buhari had taken all Nigerian youths to the cleaners.

“But elementary English recognizes a wide gulf between “a lot of” and the word ‘all.’

“How can ‘a lot of them,’ suddenly transmogrify to mean ‘all of them?’ Mischievous and unconscionable!

“There is no way President Buhari, father of the Nigerian nation in every sense of the word, who equally has biological children of his own in the youths age bracket, pass a vote of no confidence on all youths. It can only exist in the imagination of those who play what the President has described as ‘irresponsible politics’ with everything.

“President Buhari has always applauded and celebrated Nigerian youths who excel in different areas of endeavour, from sports, to academia, and other realms. And he will continue to do so, because he values the youths, and knows that they are the fulcrum on which the future of the country rests.

“Indeed, every country has its share of idle population, and it is the bounden duty of government at all levels, to create an enabling environment for them to actualize their potentials. That is what President Buhari is committed to doing.

“The focal areas of the administration; securing the country, reviving the economy, and fighting corruption, are actually intended to give youths a future and a hope.

“This much was emphasized in an April 5, 2018 comment by President Buhari, while receiving Letter of Credence from the Head of Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria, when he said: ‘Our insistence on probity is to encourage people to be accountable, and accept honesty as a lifestyle so as to secure the future of our youths.’

“The President also said more than 60 percent of Nigerians fall into the age category of youths and deserve to inherit a stable and prosperous country that they can be proud of, adding that the government will work assiduously to prevent waste and the depletion of resources by corrupt Nigerians.

“It is futile for mischief makers to lie in wait, and take a minor part of the words of the President, and turn it into negative commentary, peradventure they could diminish the profile of the President. Nigerians across all walks of life know who is serving them faithfully and truly, and they will always reciprocate such fidelity as occasions demand.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/lazy-nigerian-youths-presidency.html

Politics / 2019: Only God, Imo People Can Determine My Fate, Not Okorocha – Araraume by 4Ebisco: 7:25am On Apr 19, 2018
2019: Only God, Imo people can determine my fate –Araraume
All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain and governorship aspirant, Senator Ifeanyi Araraume, has said only God and the people of Imo can determine his fate in his ambition to become governor of the State in 2019.

His Special Adviser on Media, Ik Ogbonna, said this in a statement, yesterday, while reacting to Governor Rochas Okorocha’s recent remark that he would retire him (Araraume), among other political bigwigs in Imo politics, after next year’s general elections.

“We are not used to joining issues with anyone, Governor Okorocha inclusive, but, it is instructive to say that my principal, Senator Ifeanyi Araraume, has clearly said Okorocha is not God, and that all powers belong to God.

“Senator Araraume’s ambition, business, life and future rests, squarely, in the hands of God. As a Christian and Knight of the Catholic Church, he is mindful of the role of God Almighty, in the affairs of men and, therefore, in all his dealings (public and private), he acknowledges the preeminence and ultimate authority of God,” the statement read.

Araraume said Okorocha was still “struggling to make ends meet” as at 1988 when he was state treasurer of Liberal Convention Party in the old Imo State comprising Imo. He recalled that in 1999, himself, Chief Evan Enwerem and Okorocha won tickets to vie for senatorial seats, under the platform of People’s Democratic Party (PDP), but, whereas he and Enwerem won their elections, Okorocha could not.

“Let me further state, that Senator Araraume started politics long before Okorocha. As at 1988/89, when Okorocha was still struggling to make ends meet, Senator Araraume was the state treasurer of Liberal Convention Party in the old Imo State, comprising Imo, Abia and parts of Ebonyi State.

From 1990-1993, he was a member of National Republican Convention (NRC) National Finance Committee and State chairman of All People’s Party (APP) in 1998.

This shows a well grounded politician and party man. In 1999, he, alongside Chief Evan Enwerem and Okorocha were given senatorial tickets by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP); they all won except, Chief Okorocha.

He went on to get a second term and has been actively involved in state and national politics. He is currently a Federal Commissioner, representing the Southeast, in the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC).

Senator Araraume has won all elections he has participated in, but was denied victory in some. As they say, God’s time is the best, and like President Muhammadu Buhari, who won on his fourth attempt, 2019 will be his fourthth attempt, and he will emerge victorious by the grace of God, the votes and goodwill of Imo people,” the statement added.

Araraume said while he is busy ensuring APC is on sound footing in Imo, Okorocha is on the other hand allegedly “hobnobbing with the Social Democratic Party (SDP) and dishing out portfolios to himself as Senator for Orlu, his in-law, as governor, himself, again, as president in 2023 and his deputy as Senator for Owerri, etc.”

He said Okorocha was declared winner of his last two elections after, allegedly, “failing severally, and only after supplementary or rerun elections were conducted.”

The election that gave him victory in 2015 was with the active support of Araraume.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/2019-only-god-imo-people-can-determine.html

Celebrities / How Mercy Aigbe Celebrate One Year Separation From Her Ex, Lanre Gentry by 4Ebisco: 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nollywood actress and entrepreneur Mercy Aigbe has showed gratitude to God for keeping her after her marriage with her husband Lanre Gentry had crashed.

Mercy had abandoned the marriage with claims that her husband was always making her a victim of domestic violence has she was turned into a punching bag.

Mercy Aigbe shared a photo of herself with heavy bruises on her face which can only be obtained from battering by another individual.

In her post she said; “A year thank you Jehovah for grace, for the spirit of forgiveness, for total healing and for strength. You are worthy to be praised”.

During the fume and fight between this two couple that actually lead to the marriage break up Mercy Aigbe had issued that she cannot take it anymore after enduring severally.

According to her, Gentry had always beaten her on many occasions and this time she was giving up. That particular incident saw Gentry spend 7 days in the police cell which he denied the allegations of beating her.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/how-mercy-aigbe-celebrate-one-year.html

Politics / Why EFCC, NIA, DSS Will Continue To Clash – Monguno by 4Ebisco: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
The National Security Adviser, NSA, Major General Babagana Monguno (rtd) has given reasons the country’s intelligence agencies would continue to clash.

Monguno said the clashes will continue unless the National Security Agencies Decree 1986 is amended.

The retired General was quoted in a report of the Senate ad-hoc committee that probed the clash between officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Department of State Service, DSS, and the Nigeria Intelligence Agency, NIA, in 2017.

The agencies clashed last year when EFCC operatives attempted to arrest a former Director-General of NIA, Ayodele Oke, and Mr Ita Ekpeyong, a former Director-General of the DSS.

The NSA expressed concern over the lack of unity and cooperation among intelligence agencies in the country.

He said, “The current state of disjointedness and disharmony amongst sister agencies. This resulted due to the National Security Agencies Decree 1986; Cap 278, Cap 278 LFN section 14 01-2 which has stripped the NSA of the power to check the other Security Agencies that have now become independent of his office due to their now ‘easy’ access to the President. Thus, there is a desperate need to streamline the Agencies and make them answerable to the NSA.”

He further explained to the lawmakers that the President was aware of the state of things and also presented evidences of instances where his duties were usurped due to lack of discipline exhibited by security agencies.

He said he was not aware of the EFCC chairman’s move to arrest any of the former intelligence chiefs until after the media reports and that the resistance made by the security agencies during the arrest cast some aspersions.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/why-efcc-nia-dss-will-continue-to-clash.html

Politics / Ex-military Dictator Thinks Younger Nigerians Will Understand Why He Annulled Ju by 4Ebisco: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2018
Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida believes younger citizens will understand why he annulled the June 12, 1993 elections.

IBB further said he remained friends with late MKO Abiola even during the June 12 crisis unlike many that abandoned him.

Nigeria’s ex-military Head of State, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida believes younger citizens will understand why he annulled the June 12, 1993 elections.

IBB said sometimes in the future, the younger generation will be eager to listen to his side of the historical event that has left him in the bad books of many Nigerians.

“We try to rationalise why we did what we did but nobody is prepared to listen to us. So, it is a matter of time. One day, the younger generation will say they have heard one side and want to hear the other side of the story.

“Maybe by then we will have a better society that is prepared; that is well-informed of what happened within a period of their existence. They will then be able to say this is the true story,” IBB said during a TV programme on Channels TV.
Abiola was my friend even during the crisis - IBB

The retired Army General stressed his relationship with Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, the late hero of the Presidential election of June 12, 1993, saying he remained friends even during the crisis.

“ They say, ‘he canceled the freest election in the history but he annulled it’ but nobody gives me credit for conducting the freest election in the country.

“...Nobody has ever sat down to say the two personalities are friends, what went wrong. I have never seen anybody write about this to try to give people another version of things. I knew his feelings and he knew my own. We even talked about it during the crisis itself,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/ex-military-dictator-thinks-younger.html

Politics / I’m Too Old To Join SDP – Babangida by 4Ebisco: 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nigeria’s former military ruler, General Ibrahim Babangida (retd.) has said if not for his old age, he would have joined the Social Democratic Party (SDP), a political party being led nearly mostly by those who worked with him as a military president.

Speaking when he received the executive of the party led by its national chairman of Chief Olu Falae who was Babangida’s Secretary to the Government of the Federation, at his Minna residence, however, endorsed the party as an alternative to the ruling All Progressives Congress and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

He also asked the younger generation and women should give their support to SDP because, in his words, the party “is populated by men of integrity, men who when they work, they work well, when they speak, they speak well.”

The former military president tagged ‘Maradona’ over his shifty, dubious approach to politics told his guests: “If I hadn’t been too old, I would have loved to join the youth’s vanguard of your party. I have faith in the political party, for what it is and what it stands for.

“When I heard in the news that a party has come on board, the first thing that occurred to me was that the name sound familiar, so I made a decision that I will wait and see how it plays out, I was looking at how SDP will populate itself. And then the next pleasing thing that I heard was that it has people like Olu Falae, Professor Jerry Gana and Professor Adeniran.

“After that, I said this party is real because most of the names are names that I have known and I have worked with and for the sake of this country, so I said the party is smart to convince all these gentlemen to come and join them.

“That is why I did not hesitate to give direction to those who came me to seek advice on which direction to go.

“The security and well-being of Nigerians are very important and you have identified this in your programme so Nigerians must rally round you and support you to ensure that this is realizable.

“You must tell Nigerians what you intend to do for them because this is very important. The people must know if we vote SDP what do we expect so that it becomes politics of issues not politics of insult and name-calling.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/im-too-old-to-join-sdp-babangida.html

Politics / 2019 Presidency: ACF Speaks On Buhari’s Fate, Says ‘it Has Not Decided’ by 4Ebisco: 10:08am On Apr 16, 2018
The Northern socio-political group, Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, says it has not decided the fate of President Mohammadu Buhari in the 2019 election.

Chairman of the group, Ibrahim Coomasie, who made the remark, noted that ACF will soon give directives on which candidate the North should vote for.

Coomasie, while speaking with New Telegraph, said Nigerians should wait for the voice of the ACF, stressing that those speaking “are on their own.”

According to the former Inspector General of Police, “In 2015, I was the champion of the whole process.

“We said that leadership must come back to the north and we said that any party that nominated a northerner, we would support the person and the party.

“Then APC nominated President Buhari and then I came out to say that we would support him and we did support him.

“So, it is now left for him and his political party. So, let us wait and see. Because until his political party decides to give him the ticket or not, it is too early to say what will happen or not. If his party decides to renominate him, then we can talk”.

Commenting on groups which passed vote of no confidence on the President, Coomasie said, “Those groups are on their own, and that is why ACF issued a rejoinder to that effect. So, ACF is standing by that rejoinder. For what are they, the Alpha and Omega?

“ACF is the Umbrella organisation of all northern groups and organisations. So, you have to wait until ACF talks.

“Even though it is too early for me to comment on President Buhari’s re-election bid, let me say that it is his constitutional right to contest for the presidency of this country just like he did in 2015.

“He has the right to contest and nobody can stop him. If you remember, former President Olusegun Obasanjo tried to stop him and we said it was wrong for Obasanjo to stop him and he should not. Let us leave the man to decide for himself and he has now decided that he wants to contest.

“In 2015, it was after the APC gave him the ticket that we came out to talk. And we decided to support him. But for now, the time is too early”.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/2019-presidency-acf-speaks-on-buharis.html

Crime / Police Apprehend 4 Suspected Kidnappers by 4Ebisco: 8:50am On Apr 16, 2018
The Kebbi Police Command has apprehended four suspected kidnappers in Koko-Basse Local Government Area of Kebbi and retrieved N800,000 ransom they collected from their victims.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Mustapha Suleiman, told newsmen in Birnin Kebbi on Sunday that they were apprehended by police patrol team along Koko-Basse- Fakai Road after the gang completed their operations.

“The suspects are Mohammadu Mani, Muhammadu Muhammad, Umar Mohammadu and Abdulkarim Isiya who were caught while heading to Zuru Local Government Area.

“All the ransom they had collected from their victims were retrieved and they will be charged to court for proper prosecution,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that the suspects had kidnapped one leader of the Fulani community in Koko-Basse, Alhaji Aliyu Dikko, and collected N300, 000 out of N3 million ransom demanded from his family before he was released.

The suspects also collected N500, 000 from a victim, whose identity could not be ascertained before they were arrested by the police.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/police-apprehend-4-suspected-kidnappers.html

Celebrities / To Honor A Jazz Musician, Some Prayed, Some Played by 4Ebisco: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ba-ba-doo-dee-dee-deep. Bum-ba-ba-ba-bummm.

Hundreds of people had crammed into the humble basement bar to pay tribute to the organ’s owner, musician Seleno Clarke, who had died in December at 87.

Some said prayers. Some read poems. But mostly they played jazz.

From 3 in the afternoon until 11 p.m., dozens of organists, saxophonists, guitarists, drummers and singers rotated onto the modest stage. They played with verve and abandon, as the crowd hooted and clapped and cried out, “Seleno!”

It might have been a strange sight for an American Legion post. The veterans service organization has struggled to keep up membership nationwide, but Post 398’s reputation as one of the last authentic jazz venues in Harlem has kept its seats full and the atmosphere popping. Every Sunday night for nearly two decades, an unlikely mix of aging veterans, tourists and musicians from around the world have come to enjoy cheap drinks, Southern-style home cooking and jazz.

Legion members say Clarke’s death left an irreplaceable gap in their close-knit community. Today, the organist can still be spotted smiling, always wearing a suit, in many of the photos lining Post 398’s yellow and blue walls. But Clarke’s former bandmates, on a mission to uphold his legacy, are tightening their sound, broadening their repertory and playing with more enthusiasm than ever.

“Seleno brought people together with his music,” said David Lee Jones, 59, a veteran alto saxophonist who played with Clarke for 27 years and who now fills his old mentor’s shoes as bandleader. “We want to keep that going. We want to keep jazz going here in Harlem.”

Post 398 occupies an inconspicuous brownstone on West 132nd Street. The music started in 1998, after Clarke bought the Hammond B-3 — a legendary instrument played by the likes of Fats Waller, Count Basie and Jimmy Smith — but soon realized there wasn’t space for the 425-pound machine in his Bronx apartment. An Army veteran and Legion regular, Clarke asked if he could store the organ at Post 398. The post commander at the time said yes, as long as Clarke agreed to play.

Already a well-known performer around the city, Clarke started his Sunday afternoon sessions with only a drummer to accompany him. As the informal gigs grew in popularity, he pulled in friends from established venues like Showmans, Smoke and Pepper-n-Salt. He added a saxophonist, a guitarist and the occasional singer, forming the Harlem Groove Band. In a few years, Post 398 had become an unlikely hot spot to jam on a Sunday night in Harlem.

“A lot of clubs in the neighborhood, they were closing then,” said Annette St. John, a Harlem native and longtime jazz singer. “Small’s Paradise, the Baby Grand, the Rennie, La Famille, they were all gone.” Clarke, she explained, “made the Legion a stronghold.”

Big names showed up, too, including filmmaker Spike Lee; Charles B. Rangel, the congressman representing Harlem and Washington Heights at the time; and musician George Benson.

Clarke welcomed everyone with open arms. “It was definitely an all-inclusive atmosphere that he created,” said Judd Nielsen, 31, who made weekly trips to Post 398 from Brooklyn when he was a teenager to watch Clarke play. “Even when there wasn’t much time left in the night, Seleno always wanted to get everybody in. If we had a line of guys, he would call them up and say: ‘Come on, short stories, ya’ll! Short stories!'”

Nielsen is now one of two organists sliding into Clarke’s seat at the Hammond on Sunday nights. The Harlem Groove Band includes four regular musicians in addition to Jones, but every session features familiar stand-ins, many of whom have been playing with the band for years. Sundays bring a handful of walk-ins, too, who wait eagerly for a chance to play.

They always get their turn.

“It’s pretty special,” said Zaid Mahiri, a 36-year-old from Oakland, California, who alternates with Nielsen on the organ. “Music in this city can be a rough business. There aren’t many places like this where you can come to learn and try things out on stage.”

Even rarer, Nielsen and Mahiri said, is a venue that still has a real organ. In many clubs, if the set includes an organ at all, the instrument has been replaced by a digital keyboard, which lack the Hammond B-3’s iconic and singular sound.

In jazz, when an organ is included, it joins the drums in forming the rhythm section of the band. Sean Cameron, 40, the drummer for the Harlem Groove Band, started playing at Post 398 in 2003. Over time, his vibe became deeply meshed with Clarke’s grooving style.

Cameron initially had trouble imagining a next chapter for the band with Clarke gone. But then he saw a transformation in Jones, who he said subtly adopted many of Clarke’s paternal tendencies.

Even Jones’ decision to keep the original members of the band together spoke volumes, Cameron said. “David is not small potatoes,” he explained. “He could have made a few calls and gotten anyone in here. When he told me he was keeping it in the family, that’s when I realized how serious he was about living out Seleno’s vision for this place.”

Though much will stay the same, the band is starting to experiment a bit more. In the old days, the band mostly played songs written by Clarke. Under Jones, leading the way on his shiny Selmer Mark VI saxophone, band members are playing around with different styles — everything from progressive to modern to hard bop and blues. Many nights, Jones simply asks band members what they want to play and lets the music take them from there.

Sessions still close, however, with “BJ Blues,” a song Clarke wrote for his longtime partner, Brenda Chapman. It was the last song Clarke played at Post 398, on a December night last year when his ailing body had the energy for only two songs.

“It’s a swinging shuffle blues that grooves like hell and defines everything that Seleno was about,” Jones said.

This article originally appeared in The New York Times.

ANDREW McCORMICK © 2018 The New York Times

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/to-honor-jazz-musician-some-prayed-some.html

Crime / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Lekki, Lagos. Goes Unclad (Video) by 4Ebisco: 8:52am On Apr 15, 2018
A video clip has made it's way to social media, showing an alleged Yahoo boy who seems to have run mad for unknown reasons.

If the comments heard in the background are to be believed, the young man is allegedly known to be an Internet fraudster.

According to the post, whatever the young man got involved in to get rich, must have been aided by charms which seem to be backfiring.

The video clip shows the young man strip naked along a road in Lekki phase one while wondering around aimlessly.

See the clip below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwoDECmgCZ4

This is hardly the first in a string of similar cases.
Yahoo-Yahoo and Charm

Earlier this week, a video clip showing a known Yahoo boy, barking like a dog, surfaced online.

According to the reports, there is a new money ritual system which requires wealth seekers to bark like a dog once a month in order to be rich.

In the clip posted by Instablog9ja on Friday, April 13, 2018, a young man was captured in this act while his buddies made fun of him.

Texts which accompanied the file revealed the ritual as a new trend common in Ijebu-Ode located in Ogun State, Nigeria.

The person in the footage, name unknown, seemed vast in the procedure he once exhibited during a visit to the Club Royale located in Oba-Akran, Ikeja, Lagos.

It appeared a distasteful exhibition by a following of Nigerian youths who have developed a liking for easy money.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/alleged-yahoo-boy-reportedly-runs-mad.html

7 Likes 4 Shares

Politics / Igbos Will Benefit More Under Buhari - APC Chieftain by 4Ebisco: 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
Chief Uche Ogar, a former governorship candidate under the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Abia State says that Igbos will benefit more under President Muhammadu Buhari if he emerges in 2019.

Ogar told the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday in Enugu that the president had revived some projects abandoned by the immediate past administration in the South East zone.

According to him, President Buhari’s declaration for presidency in 2019 is good news especially for Igbos.

“What he has done in the South East zone is quite remarkable despite the fact that we did not support him in 2015.

“He gave us substantive ministers, Enugu-Onitsha and Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressways are all under construction including the 2nd Niger Bridge in Onitsha.

“Most importantly, his emergence will give the zone the opportunity to produce the President in 2023,” he said.

Ogar urged people of the zone to support the president’s intention and vote for him massively when the time comes.

On plans to rerun in 2019, the political chieftain said he had not made up his mind adding that he would speak at the appropriate time.

Ogar, who was in Enugu to attend the 43 Annual Synod of the Methodist Church Nigeria, preached for peace in families and the country at large.

Speaking on the theme of the synod, `Strive for Peace and Holiness’, the business magnate noted that the world presently was in crisis as nowhere on earth was safe.

“We hear constantly about wars and rumours of war around the world. Our world is in trouble and the United Nations as a body is helpless in the face of it all.

“I believe it will require reconciliation between man and his maker to bring or enthrone peace on earth.

“For every child of God, peace is our vocation. Let us, therefore, do all in our power to live and make peace. Let us apply the dictum of `Live and let live,’’ he said.

Ogar used the occasion to appeal to the youth to show maturity, capability and ability in order to be involved in governance.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/igbos-will-benefit-more-under-buhari.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.