Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,181 members, 7,849,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:16 AM

4llerbe's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4llerbe's Profile / 4llerbe's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 15 pages)

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City [0 - 0] On Sat, 24th April by 4llerbe(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2010
frankly, this is gonna be the lowest point of the season.

silvestre and sol vs adebayor, tevez and bellamy, lord have mercy.

im already weeping for the comedy of errors going to be unleashed.

besides, Mancity want it more, arsenal players just cant be bothered anymore, they never believed they could win the title, now with the impossibility of that added to the fact that they know 3rd place goes into champs lge, they wont move a muscle unnecessarily.

these are players who could not even be motivated by a derby against spurs, how will the sight of adebayor be the motivation?

city 5 arsenal 1
Computers / Re: I Need A Genuine Copy Of Snow Leopard by 4llerbe(m): 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2010
ol boy folks who use mac in naija no fit pass 1000, if at all e reach, grin grin grin grin
and most of them i guess quite typically wont have a clue of what you mean (believe me its that crazy), or even be nice enuf to help,

better look for torrents and download.
Computers / Re: Strictly Internet Speed Screen Shots by 4llerbe(m): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2010
dem don seize my posting privileges o! bad belle bot,

chai ground no level again oh! i just leave the game for a few days all just daru

Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2009
just in case someone wanders in here and knows the answer, i want to change the taskbar in mint to the normal ubuntu arrangement. i find this "windows like" design annoying. u have to go thru hw many drop downs and side tabs to get to where u going.

just tell me how. am too lazy to start poking around it
Phones / Re: Telecom Tariffs May Drop By 50 Per Cent by 4llerbe(m): 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2009
dragnet:

Nobody is saying anything about packet data rates n d silly data limits n restrictions.

i second that. may data rates drop o! and llimits removed AMEN! data na their new cash cow robbing we blind
Computers / Re: Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance by 4llerbe(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2009
first u pple refused to let me start threads, now u took away my posting privileges! this one na power play or what?

ok o! no need 2 complain sha. make una chop the avatar
Computers / Re: Pls How Can I Connect My Se-k800i To My Sys As Modem Using Zain Sim Card by 4llerbe(m): 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2009
sorry bruv am in da mood to spoil biz

@ poster u need to install the pc suite for the fone. if u have the cd install, if u dont have download the pc suite from sonyericsson.com

when u install, connect the fone to the pc, the pc suite will recognise the fone, click on the mobile networking wizard and create the new settings for the network u use

mtn the apn na : web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
username: web
psswd: web
dial up no: *99#

zain
apn: wap.ng.zain.com or internet.ng.zain.com

depends on what ur sim is activated for. call customer care

user name: internet
password: internet
dialup no: *99#

glo

apn: glogwap or glosecure

u also need to be activated first. glosecure is for 3g
username:wap
passwd: wap
dial up: *99***1#
Family / Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by 4llerbe(m): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2009
Phew! So much grammer! But i get d drift.
But what dyu think about a guy who is broke-ass and is STUPIDLY asking for help and money from girlfriend on a daily basis? One day girlfriend looks at d dumb idiot and gives a choice answer like , bla bla bla your mates are out there providing, bla bla bla.?

Hell, i dunno abt all ya yankee doodles but in naija here, when a man get 2 a certain age, even his parents tell him off if he as much as ask 4 help especially monetary! And that line is so popular, ''ur mates are doing dis and dt''

This is just sour grapes from girls who grew up in a society where the male is trained 2 be ALWAYS self sufficient and dominant else he is a failure and where d girls are trained 2 be in competition with men by women who have similar sour grapes hence d siege mentality.

Heck i even rmbr in schl way back, woe betide d class that was headed by a girl performance wise. D teachers would insult n insult d guys 4 dt! Now am sure in d west u prob end up in court or b4 a panel if u tried dt!

Bottomline, i have absolutely nothing against a richer spouse or girlfrnd as long as am not living off her! She can drive a limo, i stick to my tokunbo!
And am gonna be responsible 4 my family upkeep, she can add extras on top 4 our kids but d basics i will do! If all i can afford is a flat we stay there, she can rent her houses out unless she wants 2 live alone there!

In case u wondering that aint a complex, that is standing up 4 principles of which 1 is neva live off a woman, u always regret it! If u havent lived in a household where d woman was breadwinner, u wont understand!
N its not asking her to tone down! Cos she is free 2 do wat she wants, wear expensive stuff, drive expensive cars etc. Hell in dis society, once ur not jobless pple tend 2 assume ur taking gud care of ur wife! And d beta looking and living she is, d more props 4 u!
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:33am On Nov 07, 2009
i just guess a lot of the issues are from upgrades and pple with bad cd burns!!

and too many new things at once, grub2, dmraid, new video drivers e.t.c

hmmmn temporary verdict is try it live, if it works feel free, if not give it a month.

av seen two guys now claiming it damaged their hardware, i mean, haba! EVEN AFTER A FORMAT AND CLEAN INSTALL BACK TO 9.04!!! well we shall be monitoring this closely
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:19am On Nov 07, 2009
my posts are not showing again oooo!!!! take dis guy in the forum, he complains that bhe upgraded to karmic and now his pc crashes, then he downgraded back to jaunty and the thing still crashes!! how is that possible, the dude has problems with his hardware. he just found out! unless of course he is claiming that karmic spoiled his hardware.

the only confirmed bug yet is issues with ATI graphics, in 9.04 it was NVIDIA yet that wasnt a failure. the thing is its early days tet, in like a month, updates and workrounds will solve most issues. the only 1 i dont like is the reports about kernel regressions, that is a no-no
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
Hmmn weaver, iv seen d site n as far as i knw its a bunch of bull.
I luv d answer dt guy gave him. Wat crap, prior 2 2day av read reviews from 11 sites including from some who are anti-linux n d ey neva made mention of all dis supposed gripes!

Cmon dis chap is making out koala 2 be worse than 8.4! U mean u belive ubuntu culd regress dt much! Haba!
Agreed upgrades via synaptic av always bin an issue bt really! Dis is d first time in am hearing of ?thousands Haba. Av bin trawlin forums n dis is so not true. Even d beta was not reporting dis bad! N dis guy did not factor in d fact dt a lot of dis so-callf issues r minor, gotten by newbies who knw next to nothing bt eager to try it n d odd esoteric hardware!

Ubuntu has come a long way dt it cant be dt bad! N u notice dt its always d winblows hardies who r just lookin 2 complain.
Take a stat from dis site abt windows issues n u get my drift. Will i now open a blog n say bec of dt o windows is so bad? Which truly it is!

Im free diswknd. Lets see if i can get enuf mileage outta my internet 2 download it. Am sure there is no issues.
Computers / Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by 4llerbe(m): 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2009
Free.avg.com
Computers / Re: Glo 3g Modem Or Starcomms Modem Since Visafone Is Trashy! by 4llerbe(m): 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
Ehen naw! Its d apn dt matters. D 1 4 gprs is glogwap.
3g is glosecure
Computers / Re: Live Ip. How Do I Use It? by 4llerbe(m): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2009
Send me a message with d ip n port so we see. Its not hard
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2009
Just keeping thread alive. Where is every1? Its time 2 review and debug 9.10
Computers / Re: I'm Almost Duped: Pls Hlp Me: by 4llerbe(m): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2009
R u just joking? Or r u sure u knw wat ur talking about? Cos am trying 2 undastand why ur diagnosis is a vga card. Hw did u eliminate alternative possible problems? Does dis monitor even display anytin at all?

Am just wondering. But anyway, of wat use is it 2 ans with a detailed trouble shooting how-to when like most oda nl pple u hav already made up ur mind wat u wanna do! Anyway 4 ur gud i suggest u talk 2 a knwledgeable techie.
Computers / Re: Is It From Mtn Website? by 4llerbe(m): 10:25am On Nov 05, 2009
Are dt dense? Wat will mtn want wit ur acct no? Online! U neva hear abt atm fraud in dis naija? Ha,
Actually u shld give dem d details o! So u can dash dem d 1 million instead. Maga
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hey pls who has downloaded karmic koala oooo! Help me with a copy o! My internet is down ooooo!
Abeg ooooo! Even if u dnt hav yet but can download pls ooo! Help oooo!
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 11:13am On Nov 03, 2009
@ hayprof, see me see wahala o! because of u, my posting privileges hav bin taken by bad belle pple. U sef na mod abi? See una lyfe!

Well check 4llerbuntu's posts on my profile and read. I don answer u.

N.b u see d line abt source files. U need 2 compile dose files. Hope u knw hw. U need checkinstall if i rmbr. Guy i dey work. If dem catch me online.
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2009
ok so do u knw proxifier in windows? i want to achieve the same result in ubuntu.

i want to intercept all TCP traffic and send them thru a https proxy.
just let me leave it at that, nad not nring up all my half assed attempts,

pls answer me, cos all iv bin able to do is tunnel thru a http and not https
Computers / Re: Tech Heads. Slight Problem Needs Attention. by 4llerbe(m): 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2009
err actually it works, i was fishing for an easier option. read up on RAID in windows.

in linux its a peach, but it will take my time and the requirements i dont have, but ITS A REGULAR THING TO DO!!!! NOT THAT COMPLICATED.

very possible in windows too, even with the apps aforementioned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 15 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.