Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,141 members, 7,849,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

4llerbe's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4llerbe's Profile / 4llerbe's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 15 pages)

Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 8:42am On Oct 13, 2009
C.wolf, look through d menu.lst again. Look for a line that has map (hd0)(hd1)

Or wateva d hd nos are, put a space between d hd's. Now try again. If u get ntldr error u have 2 reinstall windows!

Get back wit d result u got from d first tip
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 8:30am On Oct 13, 2009
Well after removing everything dt looked like proxies in /apt.conf
, enviroment, it actually a matter of running 'unset http_proxy'
Computers / Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by 4llerbe(m): 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2009
see winblows disciples quarreling o, wat is the difference in vista and seven?

i tried freestyling that thing for like two hours, IT WAS JUST VISTA TWEAKED TO BEHAVE SLIGHTLY BETTER ( LIGHTER DESKTOP ENVIROMENT) and more drivers!!! what are you folks on about, ur paying for vista (service pack 10 probbly) twice!!

brilliant business acumen. gates na alaba graduate o lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 12:21am On Oct 12, 2009
Cwolf probly just needs 2 increase d timeout value.

I think av had enuf n goin 2 bed, i was browsing n d thing was doing k leg so i hibernated. L8r i put on d Pc n find dt my wallpaper aint displayin n all was somehw. I restarted n am seeing dt d pc has gone back 2 'factory settings' !!
My installed progs r dere but EVERY SINGLE 1 OF MY PERSONAL FILES, DOCS, MUSIC, VIDEOS, APPS ARE ALL GONE N HARDDRIVE IS SHOWING CORRESPONDING INCREASE!

I think am just dreaming so when i wake 2mrw they will appear back. Jeez! Catastrophe.
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2009
: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/jaunty-updates/universe/binary-i386/Packages 504 Connect to archive.ubuntu.com:80 failed: Connection refused [IP: 127.0.0.1 8123]

SIGH!! the above is one of the lines in terminal for sudo apt-get update. actually the proxy was a different one before but out of annoyance i decided to enter this particular one in all the earlier mentioned files, after deleting the proxy it STILL appears. in fact after putting in this one it did not show at first, was still showing the old one. i dunno when this one got there sef, i just wanted to give u an example of terminal output only to see this new one.

i still use a fone with my ubuntu install, BUT I DO NOT USE A PROXY FOR MY INTERNET, AT LEAST NOT FOR THE SYSTEM. u do not have to be behind the wap proxies these days besides i use zain internet and it does not use a user-end proxy.

hell of a bug if u ask me. actually i just want to know which file exactly is the right one to edit to remove the proxy and after removing it, is there something else i have to do cos it still shows the proxy in terminal
Sports / Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by 4llerbe(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2009
Ha ay, ay, see wetin u dey talk? So becos of u17 u dey support? After super chicken go dey mess up u go complain. Dnt u knw dt eagles have 45 yr old in d team. When den no get energy play dem go f up. When @ 32 u play u17, after 6 yrs u enter eagles ur mates don dey coach. Ay ha! Bad nigerian
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 9:02am On Oct 11, 2009
@ weaver ? ? ? ? My issue, any ideas or solutions?
Romance / Re: I want my Ex GF Back! or should I keep the New one? by 4llerbe(m): 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2009
in that case thread closed!! there is no point to this discussion anymore, my guy take time to read ur posts again. go to where u belong bro, nothing like true luv wantintin abi?
Computers / Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2009
nearest:

@deji2000 is there no other solution? i hardly use cafes, and downloads are usually not allowed.

the unlocker software runs as a background service, u dont have to consciously start it, whenever u click on remove hardware and there is any rogue handle it just pops up and say unlock, 1 click and ur thru. dont make it sound like its such hardwork!!!!
and the program is really small and light, like 2 mb. am sure u can get to do that somehow even if its with ur fone.

as for the virus part, yes thats true unfortunately thats not the only reason for handles, at times its an autorun.inf which is always in your flash, at times its just a romance ur windows has with the flash, at times its registry issues so, , watever works fr u sha. thats the beauty of windows, live with the little issues and don't complain if u cant follow free advice
Sports / Re: Is Mikel The New Jj Okocha? by 4llerbe(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2009
overrated Arrow! look whether u like it or not this guys case is a case of someone with a good chi and probably some great home support from mom and dad from some spiritualist.

havent u ever noticed that outside that chelsea team the guy has never ever performed? when surrounded by a good system and great players an average player begins to look really good!!!! without the essien/lampard/ballack support this guy has never been all that.

and for the 3 coaches assertion, mikel is simply the cheapest alternative. besides he is not required to do anything spectacular in any match, make up the numbers, get in the way of opposing players, when he gets the ball immediately look for someone to pass it to or face his goalkeeper! abi u don ever see mikel dictating a game before?

he was an ego buy for jose so he needed to justify the spat with fergie, the guy got playing time and any susequent coach simply did/could not make wholesale changes to the system. grant had no spine/ideas/ scolari was too daft and was even trying to bench him at a point, hiddink had no time and couldnt even recruit his own players so he worked with what he had.
now anceloti is starting to show signs that mikel is a bench material.

in fact this days upstarts like song are beginning to look far better! see the boys performances for cameroun and arsenal!

players like mikel are the reason naija wiil be backward in football, average talents overhyped!
Romance / Re: Can A Guy Satisfy A Girl With His Small Manhood? by 4llerbe(m): 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2009
YEAH RIGHT tell that to the marines, yawnnnnnnn!!!!

skill is great, infact essential. but a bit of bulk to go with the skill is winner anyday.

but really poster, ASUU don call off strike so pls go to school, and be warned that small willy will not be popular on campus o, zip up. grin grin grin grin
Computers / Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2009
Ha classic winblows. Its caused by ur windows inability 2 drop handles. Google and download a small utility called unlocker. Install it and whenever dt crap occurs it promptly helps u nlock d handles n free ur flash. It also works 4 rouge programs dt wont quit. Its a must have winblows prog
Computers / Re: Yahoo Is Getting Mad by 4llerbe(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2009
D problem is not yahoo, its ur explorer. STOP USING EXPLORER. Esp if ur not using version 8. Dont u knw dt ie is ur window 2 attacks online? Na u sabi o bt options dey. Google chrome, firefox, opera, safari etc
Romance / Re: The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by 4llerbe(m): 6:23am On Oct 10, 2009
what comes to my mind is the song- you go see danger danger wahala dey.

u dont need advice. take your choice and make up your mind that whatever you get in the future you must not complain.
i feel sorry for the first guy though cos even if u marry him its always at the back of ur mind to compare him to what u would MAYBE get with janded bobo.

i hope and pray God hooks him up with the woman he deserves cos i dont think thats u!!!

u say ur 34? figures, though one would think u will be better equipped mentally.

and as they say dont marry out of pity. unfortunately all this advisers will not be married alongside u in ur home. OYO LO WA O always remember
Romance / Re: What Music Should I Be Playing? by 4llerbe(m): 6:11am On Oct 10, 2009
chic2pimp, CORRECT PLAYLIST!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Romance / Re: I Just Got Rid Of My Chic Of 6months Only To Meet: by 4llerbe(m): 6:08am On Oct 10, 2009
and they wonder why guys are always after the booty? and see that one wey call herself madam, tomorrow now you wiil look back and complain that some guy did something stupid to you. shebi its about the kudi?
once the guy drop money ur game? send me ur fone no abeg, we can run things together and get good money
Romance / Re: I want my Ex GF Back! or should I keep the New one? by 4llerbe(m): 6:01am On Oct 10, 2009
it pains me to say this to a fellow guy but YOU ARE A BIG FOOL!

i guess you just have masochistic tendencies. you like pain. see,free the new girl and go back to where you belong. your the kind of guy who thrives in abusive relationships where there is always fights and stuff. you get your rockers off it. the new girl WILL NEVER BE ALL THAT FOR U SO FREE HER.

its not a crime to love abusive relationships as long as u both like it and i think ur ex is just cool with that s go home boy!
Romance / Re: Why Does He Think His Games Will Make Me More Interested? by 4llerbe(m): 5:54am On Oct 10, 2009
AHHH!!! al of a sudden all of u are clairvoyant and know what is happening based on the few lines she wrote? u ACTUALLY know what the guy is doing and can STAND BY UR ASSERTIONS anywhere? O.M.G.

@ poster well the ball is in your court but hmmnnn,
Romance / Re: Oga Broke My Heart: I Cant Move On: Help! by 4llerbe(m): 5:49am On Oct 10, 2009
why is it that you will never see a woman advice a woman with relationship issues to just stick with it? IN EVERY CASE all you hear is leave the guy bla bla bla. if na so una be truly ni, none of you pple will ever marry! its very easy to advice pple to break their relationships abi, but if u go to this person's life she is putting up with worse things!!!

why una be like that? women are the primary problems of fellow women! abi how many father in law u don hear dey get problem with son's wife> the mother no be woman like una?

reminds me of a chick i knew once who adviced a younger babe to leave her bf over an incident that culminated in a slap. a few years later babe was still looking for husband and went to aunty's house and met aunty with a black eye! she then found out aunty was married to a serial batterrer. of course aunty meant well and did not want babe to go thru what she was going thru but why aunty never leave her own husband who had been beating her before marriage!!!!!!!!
Phones / Re: Opera Mini And Mtn At Odds? by 4llerbe(m): 5:37am On Oct 10, 2009
which planet una dey live? so una neva find out say mtn don try block operamini from their network? well they have and if u manage make am work, e no go pass 1 or 2 days before e go stop. with money or no money it doesnt matter.

which 1 be access point? this one no be access point matter.
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 4:28am On Oct 10, 2009
dont get me wrong o, /etc/apt/apt.conf; /etc/bash.rc; /etc/enviroment all DO NOT HAVE PROXIES IN THEM, OR RATHER I HAVE REMOVED WHAT I FOUND IN THEM YET THIS THING IS TRYING TO GO THROUGH A PROXY. MY TERMINAL IS PRESENTLY USELESS. HELP
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 4:07am On Oct 10, 2009
after formatting did u reinstall windows again?
anyway you need to repair grub. thats your bootloader.

This will restore grub if you already had grub installed but lost it to a windows install or some other occurence that erased/changed your MBR so that grub no longer appears at start up or it returns an error.
Boot into the live Ubuntu cd. This can be the live installer cd or the older live session Ubuntu cds.
go into terminal

sudo grub

This will get you a "grub>" prompt (i.e. the grub shell). At grub>. enter these commands

find /boot/grub/stage1

This will return a location. If you have more than one, select the installation that you want to provide the grub files.
Next, THIS IS IMPORTANT, whatever was returned for the find command use it in the next line (you are still at grub>. when you enter the next 3 commands)

root (hd?,?)

Again use the value from the find command i.e. if find returned (hd0,1) then you would enter root (hd0,1)

Next enter the command to install grub to the mbr

setup (hd0)

Finally exit the grub shell

quit

That is it. Grub will be installed to the mbr.
When you reboot, you will have the grub menu at startup.

When you get to the desktop open a terminal and enter. (I am going to give you the commands and then I will explain them later)

meanwhile where weaver and the fire squad. pls i dont understand how come i have a proxy set in terminal. i have not been able to sudo apt get for ke weeks now. i can install thru synaptic but i always have to set the network proxy. and i have checked gconf and there is nothing in the file. i heard its i bug but there has to be a way to either remove or set the proxy for terminal. urgent problem o pls.
Computers / Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 12:15am On Oct 09, 2009
see this is why i like life and its circles. that Karvex chap sold me a laptop like 2007, went with a friend to but it for the guy's lawschool programme, the laptop was one hp, the flat black type.

first the laptop was china clone, but we muguns paid for the original price,

the laptop did not have its accessories complete. apparently the package had been opened, and stuff removed,

the only thing inside was the charger. there was no backup cd/dvd for the os and drivers.

when we booted it, there was no recovery partition!! and could you believe that after 3 days whenever you put on the laptop and should you forget your limitations and run 3 programs at the same time no matter how light, the hard drive freezes and the laptop will not respond for like 30 mins no matter what u do. u can only remove the battery.

now we bought the laptop because we were cleverly hoodwinked. we got ther around 3pm. when we wanted to buy, we were shown various laptop in packs displayed on the shelves, we bargained for one and my guy that wanted the thing was too eager that he was just misbehaving. when i demanded for physical inspection the guy then tod us that they would have to go bring the laptop from somewhere as the ones in the shops were empty packs. he then demanded some of the money in order to ensure we would buy. we gave hm half, he pocketed it and disappeared telling his boys to go bring the laptop.

we waited for 3 hours and could you believe they were telling us they wanted to close as they had to close in comp villa at 6. eventually boy turned up and then manoevered us into rushing from the shop. i refused and wanted to inspect on the spot. when i noticed some things i said we was not buying again and they told us our cash was gone!!!!!!

my foolish friend decided to avoid a scene and gave them the balance of which the boys were even demanding something.

upon closer inspection at home well, story no good.

so i guess KARVEX AINT THE PLACE TO GO O!!! WARNING TO YOU ALL
Computers / Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by 4llerbe(m): 11:54pm On Oct 08, 2009
other os? hmmn, if u interested there is ubuntu linux for which there is a thread here on nairaland, and there is excellent support on the web via ubuntu forums and many other websites where any questions you may have have already/ will be answered. you need internet access for your ubuntu experience to be successful!

google and download the ubuntu pocket handbook. there is a pdf version for it though that is particularly behind as ubuntu has made giant leaps foward. not that the book is wrong or flawed, just that there have been vast improvements on some areas.

feel free to google and read up about it and then make up your mind. the experience has been rewarding BUT ITS NOT FOR LAZY MINDED PEOPLE!!!!!!

you can come over to the ubuntu thread to come hang out and ask questions,
Romance / Re: What Should A Man Do When A Woman Hits Him? by 4llerbe(m): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2009
End of dt relationship period! What bull are u all spouting? If i beat her u hear all manner of things n all dese same pple will be saying she shld leave u. If she hits me, 2 bad. Its ova. Animal in human skin. Taboo, imagine my son seeing his mother slap daddy. Emotional scarring.[color=][/color]
Computers / Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by 4llerbe(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2009
Hunh? Wetin?. See am not trying 2 put down anything, but av bin a windows user 4 YEARS. Real power user n not mai mai user. Now av changed 2 linux n i can say categorically dt unless u really knw hw to open up d internals of a windows os e.g kernel etc n can tweak d thing to mars n back U WILL NOT GET PERFORMANCE LIKE DAT!

Moreova if u read my post i stressed d limitation of my hardware. Ok 4 d last shot i used a 115kbps modem on se k800i via bluetooth dongle thru a proxy chain on tor, Wat are u now saying? I didnt doctor dt shot. Wat will d speed hav bin on a 3mbps modem direct on paid package dts always waaay faster? Nuff said[color=][/color]
Phones / Re: Opera Mini And Mtn At Odds? by 4llerbe(m): 2:42am On Oct 08, 2009
actually ,mtn has tried to block opera mini servers.

nonsense if u ask me but then, since we are slaves and fools in our own country and south africans are now our masters a la mtn and dstv. wetin u wan do. God i hate this crap. idf u really need to dash them ur money, use bolt browser
Computers / Re: How 2 Connect A Mtn Manualy Configured China Phone 2 A Computer by 4llerbe(m): 2:21am On Oct 08, 2009
na wah o, you mean this scam is still going on strong
Computers / Re: Help! Whats Wrong With My Laptop? by 4llerbe(m): 2:18am On Oct 08, 2009
hmmnn. i can see the hara-kiri is the solution to life's problems are out in numbers. abi? if u get problem the real permanent solution to it is to kill yourself!!!

tseew. bloody minded windows users, as u could see the guy ALREADY FORMATTED the laptop, and i guess EVERYTIME the thing cough naw na to format shey?
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:06am On Oct 08, 2009
thanks bruv. this thingy na real soiling o. am not at all encouraged. so if i get another model na anor entirely new parol be dat?

i think what we should be doing now is to either on this thread or on a new one. list hardware that is supported by ubuntu out of the box, and those that require tweaking. you say c15 is plug and play?

its the auto recognition part that gets to me, and as am not looking for that particular modem, yawa dey. hmmmn my fone and me's romance just dey start. but then if there is no switch how does the thing work in windows? it comes with software shey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 15 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.