Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

4llerbe's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4llerbe's Profile / 4llerbe's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 15 pages)

Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 7:44am On Feb 21, 2013
ciphoenix: I for just wait buy the nexus 4 o. slot had to wait till I got my note before putting it up for sale angry

we will definitely get ports. especially as i hear that its quite easy to port.

what i'm waiting for is a dualboot to tide me till october. the first official release will be with desktop 13.04

pretty sure by then i'd have dumped android
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2013
Later today a developer preview of Ubuntu Touch will be made available to download and install on a handful of Nexus devices.

Both the Phone interface and the newly unveiled Tablet interfaces will be distributed; the type of device you’re installing on deciding which Ubuntu Touch format you get.

With anticipation for the touch-centric interfaces unquenchable, many of folks will be planning to sacrifice a stable Android install for a chance to toy around with the newest Phablet phenomenon.

But is that a wise thing to do?

When property developer’s are trying to sell houses on a plot of land prior to building them they create a ‘show home’.

A show home is a real house that’s finished and furnished to a high standard – but only at face value. So while the bathroom may look great it’s probably not plumbed in, and those big spacious-feeling rooms won’t feel quite so spacious once they’re full of ‘real life’ clutter.

The aim of a show-home is to give buyers an impression; a vision; something that’s easier to imagine living in than that offered by a styro-foam model and set of blueprints. It is an example.

Tomorrow’s preview releases will be a show home for the Ubuntu touch experience.

Although what will be available is working code it shouldn’t be taken as being finished code. Start scratching the surface you’ll find the code equivalent of waxed fruit…

Similarly, though the slick video demos and screenshots show off a launcher and app tray stuffed full of a variety of apps most of these are actually just prettified links to websites – something that might be disappointing to realise should you not know in advance!

Notable app inclusions:

Dialler
Messaging App (SMS)
Basic web-browser
Gallery App
Camera App
Calculator

Notable app omissions:

No IM app
No music player
No e-mail client
No ‘App Store’
No Ubuntu One app

Of the applications that are there be prepared to encounter bugs, quirks, and the odd performance issue (e.g. pinch to zoom in the web-browser is horrendous).

So now I’ve lowered your expectations – and if I haven’t then proceed directly to the start of this post – let’s focus on the positives.

Aside from looking swish, and running pretty damn well, the intrinsic framework of Ubuntu Touch – the gestures – are in place and working. Vital stuff and it’s there from day dot.

So too are other core input methods like typing, speech recognition, selecting text, etc.

The demo apps available – gallery, calculator, messages, etc – are first class and will serve as interactive inspiration for app developers and designers alike, whilst giving curious users a hint at the sort of app experiences they can expect in the future.

And the unique interface features like ‘sidestage’, indicators, and task-switching are all present for developers to get to grips with.

Summary
[size=18pt]
The long story made short is that while tomorrow brings a release of Ubuntu Touch to the public it’s a very early, work-in-progress release that is not aimed at the general user.
[/size]
Phones / Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbe(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
Wilfem:

No one seems to respond to this request of mine. Is there a way of tethering the internet connection from an Android device while connected with DroidVPN?

hmnn... did u try it at all? the vpn is transparent. u dont proxy any app on the phone to work with it

so what answer do u want again?
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbe(m): 7:48am On Feb 20, 2013
Buncha plonkers. mcheew

anyways, this "4th place trophy" is a pipe dream. better accept the fact NOW

i fail to see how any of the events in th past 2 weeks are newsworthy.

are they new? no.

are they strange? no

are they normal? yes.

are they expected? yes

eod.

@dayokanu abeg abeg, try free this thread ooo
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 7:35am On Feb 20, 2013
Phones / Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by 4llerbe(m): 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
u pple should stop complaining, service is back joor tongue tongue tongue
lagos island. works for me now. dont know about the next hour tho
Computers / Re: Is Your Glo BIS Still Working On Your PC? by 4llerbe(m): 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
u pple should stop complaining, service is back joor tongue tongue tongue
Computers / Re: Windows 8: The Thread by 4llerbe(m): 6:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
semid4lyfe:

See ya life grin

Wetin push you go collect Win8 Contract? tongue
moonraker:

grin grin grin

Are you minding him?? after all the whole insults and yabis, the guy did 360 and

started asking for mak key on a coded level. angry

u pple dont seriously believe i am joking or want to use it for myself?

please abeg, even my work pc is partitioned. and i boot into windows like once in 3 months.

been trying to torrent the damn .iso since sef. no fall my hand abeg, dis na lucrative contract o. all i have to do is install and activate.

abeg. folabiklan@gmail.com
Phones / Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbe(m): 8:33am On Feb 07, 2013
2go works on android.

i dont use it but i tried a long while back. there is just one android version on the 2go site that is for HTC or so i think.

i installed it on my phone that’s not HTC and it worked. i think i told a few chaps about it here too and they used it.

check the 2go download page well, it should still be there, unless they have now removed it
Phones / Re: Huawei 4Afrika Phone By Huawei & Microsoft For Africa by 4llerbe(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2013
I do believe a major issue you people have is that you do not read and comprehend.

talk of overdrive is obtuse. and i will definitely not join issues with THAT fool.
i suspect u probably have a hard-on for ridiculous beef issues, and i will be the last person to indulge your obsession.
as usual the fools miss the forest while looking at the trees.

u have to be really daft if u think im a fanboy of anything other than Ubuntu OS.

for the more reasonable people, perhaps i should repost my initial post for clarification

4llerbuntu: forget story. this will not sell Jack in Nigeria.

why?

the used phone market will not let it.

I'm sure even a pepper seller realises that its not only android phones that are sold as used phones

150 dollar phone plus imports and profit mark up will be nearly 35-40k

we don't do mobile financing by telcos here.

The article says the phones are meant for afrika, they are not going to be sold in europe or north america.

FFS the name is Huawei4Afrika.

it goes ahead to state its for retail at 150 dollars

last time i checked exchange rates it was above 160 naira. 150x160= 24k
plus import duties, plus distribution/profit markups is a MINIMUM of 35k retail

for example, incase u dont understand phone pricing, the announced prices for BB Z10 calculates to 112k, retail prices iv heard suggest it starts at 140k naira in naija. thats a difference of 25k+

lets assume people who want to sell huawei only want to make 5 thousand naira and that will take care of ALL expenses

but unfortunately a much better phone with a better usage profile can be bought for that price. I.e a gs2.

why would you buy this huawei for 35-50k when u can have a easily hackble android with better rep, enough Apps and games and a thriving piracy community?

last time i asked for prices of refurbished phones,i was told a SGS2 now retails for 40k
Blackberry Torch 2 is around 35k or less
a lumia 900 used is around 45k

i purposefully stated this examples, because apparently my mention of "ANDROID" seems to be making people's brains malfunction

Now remember i stated at first that this will not sell Jack in Nigeria.

Can anyone tell me with all honesty that he will recommend that anyone go buy a 30k Huawei phone regardless of whatever OS it runs
when he can buy a much better refurb phone for 5k more.

a phone that will last longer (durable), most likely have more features, be better supported (more fellow users), More pirated apps for use (and admit or not, this is a major selling point), be easier to repair (ask china phones and tablet owners what they go through) etc etc

[size=18pt]
Techno phones sell because they are clearly priced lower. there is one for 18K that i see talked about on NL a lot.
How many people will buy a Techno ahead of a samsung if they are priced equally?
[/size]

worse still its not like the build quality and specs on this phones will be anything worthwhile.

and even worse there are countless budget androids that sell for less, eg those popular Techno phones.

i think maybe i should add Blackberries, Nokia etc etc.

i see the word android makes people lose sense here.

MOD PLEASE CENSOR THE WORD ANDROID, so we can have peace on the phone board

Now what a sane person would do is tell us why a 30k huawei will outsell the refurbished phones market.

incidentally this is exactly what happened to the Nokia symbian market in nigeria. how many people buy 50k symbian phones when they can buy a refurb phone of a ***EVil*** OR a Blackberry?

u do understand that 80% of blackberries sold in nigeria are refurb or "london used"?

JEEZ, what is wrong with people on this site these days?
Art, Graphics & Video / Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by 4llerbe(m): 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
nice thread. keep em coming
Phones / Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbe(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
but i don try for NL sha , and this was not even my first account!!! the first one i cannot remember anymore sef and i used it a for a long while wink wink

Phones / Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbe(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ Puskin, i have lost posting privileges. kindly restore it.

also unfreeze the posts that were caught by the spam bot they are very important ooooooooo

i cant shout
Phones / Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbe(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
jedisco:

Well... I still remember you. Maybe we should finish up this app stuff.

Everybody knows android has plenty apps so I don't need to visit. I visited that of windows to see what kind of apps are there. Moreover I brought this up cos someone was trying to say wp don't have good apps which is wrong.

I'm not expecting you to list all the apps. I have about 250 - 300 apps which is hardly exhaustive. What I want you to do is to explain to me why you think I don't have enough apps by giving me examples. Then I will agree with you.

Coming to games, lumia can play xbox live games. So if you are thinking of real HD games, its got better prospects than some others. With wp8 the talk is now running pc games although the current devices won't be updated.

Talking about the price of the phone, that was well handled on page 1

all right.

i will give you a few instances. looking at my old xperia as a benchmark.

i have the following apps on it, pls tell me the equivalent apps on WP

1. Airdroid. i use it to manage and access my phone from a web browser

2. Adfree native adblock

3. angrybirds grin grin

4. Amazing Alex (na game too) grin grin

5. Beautiful Widgets

6. Color Note for taking short post its notes on the fly

7 Es File explorer (file management)

8. No-Frills Cpu Control (overclocking, Under clocking etc etc)

9. PlayerPro (10 band equalizer enabled music player with ability to scrobble, download art, does everything)

10. RockPlayer lite. every video format player

11. spinlet grin grin grin grin Naija representing. our very own itunes/googlemusic/grooveshark equivalent

12, swiftkey x keyboard

13 Twicca twitter client

14. whatsapp

15. Orbot Tor client

16 temple run, wifi manager, titanium backup, xda premium app, the HOLY bible tongue, Chainfire 3D (graphic card emulator/booster),Google Drive client, Flash, Instagram, Mass effect infiltratoropera mini, setdns, barcode scanner, flashlight app

and thats just the ones on my low 2 yr old fone.

tell me the equivalents on WP 7

[size=20pt]No one has said you dont have enough apps, even my 3310 has enough apps. the question is what can you do with your device that I CANNOT WITH MY ANDROID, MUCH LESS SGS 3?
why are you people dodging this particular question?

i can do countless things with my android that you cannot. but we are supposed to be competitors?

[/size]

you mention gaming. which HD game does WP have? Fifa? Call of Duty? which xbox game? grin grin grin grin

dude, everyone and their dog knows that the HDMI out function on android enables you play the friggin games, watch the movies etc, mirror your phone desktop to a monitor or tv
Type GAME into the play store search box and start counting.

better prospects? grin grin grin grin my xperia has better prospects of flying to the moon unaided. xbox my arse grin grin grin
WP will NEVER rival IOS or Android as a gaming platform, FACT!

btw, YOUR LUMIA IS NOT GOING TO GET WP8 , I HOPE YOU KNOW. its not kuku as if the wp8 will magically turn the things into supa stars sef

as for the price issue, and don't you think its ironic that your super lumia is being dashed out almost free? i mean wow, nokia and ms have got this wonderful fone thats better than the best android but are so magnanimous as to give it out for so cheap like our friend the marketer who bought 18,900 phones but is selling at 17, 000.

like seriously, what are you guys eating? must have lsd in it
Phones / Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbe(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
TV/Movies / Re: A Game Of Thrones, New Series On Hbo/sky Atlantic by 4llerbe(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2012
TV/Movies / Re: A Game Of Thrones, New Series On Hbo/sky Atlantic by 4llerbe(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
this is the second time im posting the link here and NL is banning me.

sorry but i will try one more time, if its banned, i cannot help you
Phones / Re: Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 by 4llerbe(m): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
texazzpete: So hilarious to see these kids arguing among themselves.

Imagine folks comparing different phones and all someone could talk about is the hardware specs. Really?

Bottom line is, the GS3 is the most powerful phone on the planet now, and it's OS (Android 4.0) has a very vibrant ecosystem...it's a very solid buy.

The Lumia 900 is a gorgeous phone with a slick OS. It's not nearly as powerful as the GS3 and there are much fewer apps than the GS3 so that makes the GS3 a more sensible purchase.

But...contrary to what these kids here will tell you, the Lumia 900 is not a bad phone. It's an excellent , slick phone that owners love. there's a reason why the Lumia 900 has a higher satisfaction rating on Amazon Wireless than practically any other phone out there.

Agbaya!!!

let them argue jooor. don't come and put your own

BTW, Lumia no go see WP8 oo. just thot id chip that in, make una no go dey deceive unaself sha tongue tongue

anyway, pls continue the yarns abeg, my popcorn still plenty
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hello guys

Something just occurred to me now.

with the advent of DVB-T in nigeria, Startimes and GOTV, what do you folks think is the possibility of hooking those stuff to our pc boxes and watching from the pc instead of the box directly?

or alternatively, buying a DVB-T Tuner and hooking it up?

you may think its an unnecessary exercise grin grin grin but for me, it has potential.

for one there are some apps in the software center that seem to be tailored for that

i.e TV Time, ME Tv etc. those allow you to record!!

but mostly for me is that i really like my HTPC running XBMC.

now with a large screen tv, a small pc running xbmc with a large hard drive, and a remote, xbmc is really sweet. top that with being able to add digital tv, you got a one-stop ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS ALL MEDIA way to spice up your living room, stream around the house etc.

plus you can do stuff simultaneously!!! the kinda shizzle DSTV ask you 100 k for , dual view, multi use etc.
you would be able to view multi channels at one on different tvs if i get it right.

personally i love xbmc, but i guess MYTH TV and some other stuff would do.

the thought got me salivating. startimes got scart output........... getting that thing to pipe signals to my htpc would be the ish.

plus i got a hunch if i got it to, id be able to bypass... grin grin grin grin

chai, no time on my hands sha....... but really i need ideas and input.

collaborative effort. if we get something like this off the ground its marketable o.

we can spin up a precooked distro primed for this type of ish.........

what do u guys think?
TV/Movies / Re: New Tread For HITV Subscribers by 4llerbe(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2012
come back to which market?
this same one wey new entrants with wherewithal to stay don dey?

their demographic na im startimes and gotv don take already. no price point game again.

besides who wan buy dem again? how many 1 person wan get? fact is satellite tv is on the out for new entrants.

wetin dem wan bring come dis market wey wan unique? with the former debacle?
TV/Movies / Re: A Game Of Thrones, New Series On Hbo/sky Atlantic by 4llerbe(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2012
got banned cos of u chaps angry angry angry angry

kingsilly: Plzz i nid the complete ebook 4llerbuntu abeg...kingsleyboltz@ymail.com

greymatter: Can someone please send me the ebooks for game of thrones, please. My email is; luciano1882@yahoo.com

@viera & @4llerbuntu, if you guys have it can you please do me a favor and fwd it to my mail

Thanx

http:///T935t
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
THIS THEIR USELESS SPAMBOT IS STILL WREAKING HAVOC?

UNBAN ME JOO. RUBBISH!!!

@New maonza the following is for u, i hope u understand it sha

Fix your grub2 after Windows (Ubuntu installed 1st) installation for dual or multi boot with Ubuntu:
[size=18pt][/size]

Tool required:
Live CD Ubuntu

Procedure:

* Boot using your live CD

* Select " Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer "
* Once you've login to desktop run Terminal ( Application > Accessories > Terminal )

* Change to root, using this [enter only red lines] command in Terminal:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo -i
root@ubuntu:~#

* Find partition location of your Ubuntu:

root@ubuntu:~# fdisk -l

example output:
Disk /dev/sda: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 19457 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x10031003

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 * 1 6374 51199123+ 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/sda2 6375 19457 105089197+ f W95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/sda5 6375 11473 40957686 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/sda6 11474 19457 64131448+ 83 Linux <--- Here

* Create mount-point for ubuntu's partition

root@ubuntu:~# mkdir /media/root

* Mount the partition using this line:

root@ubuntu:~# mount /dev/sda6 /media/root

* Confirm your root location by typing this line:

root@ubuntu:~# ls /media/root

example output
bin dev initrd.img lib32 media proc selinux tmp vmlinuz
boot etc initrd.img.old lib64 mnt root srv usr vmlinuz.old
cdrom home lib lost+found opt sbin sys var

if those line above appear, you may proceed by installing GRUB 2:

root@ubuntu:~# sudo grub-install --root-directory=/media/root /dev/sda

it should give no error messages!!

* Reboot your system! remove the livecd!!!

No Windows ?
No worries,

* Boot to your ubuntu
* Run Terminal to update GRUB2 so that grub able to identify mount-point location for Windows. This can be done by typing this command in Terminal:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo update-grub2
[sudo] password for ubuntu:

example output:
Generating grub.cfg ,
Found Debian background: apollo.tga
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.31-15-generic
Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-2.6.31-15-generic
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.31-14-generic
Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-2.6.31-14-generic
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+.bin
Found Windows 7 (loader) on /dev/sda1
done

Try reboot again & you should be able to see Windows at Grub menu.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 4llerbe(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
i know u will still continue arguing blindly.

a Barca fan, who knows more football than u do, knows his players more than u can or will ever know said this just 4 posts above

:
AjanleKoko:

^^
Busquets had his most brilliant season in 2010/11. 2009/10, he was just coming into his own. This season he has been sub-par, obviously struggling for fitness.
His style of play is different and intriguing, more suited for traditional tiki-taka than the modern game, but he's got many flaws in my view.

Many of them are defensive flaws. In 2009/10 and 2010/11, he showed himself as more of a passmaster than a destroyer, and holds the ball up pretty well. But his tackling is awful, and he seems to be better at drawing fouls than avoiding them, hence his moniker Biscuit. Also, I don't see him marshalling the midfield and controlling the ball distribution like a Xavi would.

All told, I think he is yet to fully come into his own. To his credit though, he looks like one of the few players at Barca that can easily play for any other team at the top level.

yet he is the best DM in europe in the last two years? i suppose that will include this season too?

U need deliverance
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
i got banned by the spambot for my post, still 4llerbuntu

4llerbuntu:

is it beef? nope. i just do not suffer fools gladly. and truth be told, a lot if not most of the mint users are dunces and retards (apologies for my language)
u actually wonder if most of them actually know they are still using ubuntu!!

actually, waay before Gnome 3 and Unity palaver i just discovered that i would go to Mint forums (which i used to download every release and recommend to new users) and find quite a lot of the foolish posters there dissing UBUNTU. i would be like WTF!!!! how foolish can u get, YOU ARE USING UBUNTU!!!! with a fancy windows clone menu, a lot of green color everywhere, and a lot of applications that COME FROM UBUNTU REPOS installed by default.!!!

which even reminds me, dude call it by whatever name u wish, every click and every download of MINT is a download of UBUNTU, it still gets registered as a ubuntu desktop. its simply a remix!!!

just cos i install ubuntu, remove some stuff, add some stuff which incidentally i did not create, and name it some fancy name dont mean its changed. i also remaster my desktop with my own customisations for install across devices and even give to pple, it saves tham hassles and money. i actually named it 4LLERBUNTU OS.
all thats left is a website and a host for my iso images and im also a full fledged "distro"

the real reason mint had to include their dumbass menu is that without it, the entire thing would be exactly the same with any other GNOME 3 desktop. so much for customiseability. MINTS ONLY CLAIM TO FAME IS THEIR DAMNED MENU. any fool with an internet connection can install apps and codecs.

i can hear u say the software manager app? redundant, its a terrible piece of software to use. u need to update it, to update your apps EACH TIME. plus its a badly written frontend to synaptic, which incidentally is also included. anyone who has spent 1 week with ubuntu/mint will use synaptic over mint software manager all the time., lest i forget the annoying way it keeps u from doing anything on the package management system if its crying out for an update. u need to learn how to kill it all the time, and it restarts automagically.

please spare me the bullcrap, i dont want to come on out like i really beef them, which i dont. but their bullshyte has got to stop.

and no weaver, i JUMPED FOR JOY when i learnt of the LMDE fork. over two releases now, how many of the NEW USERS, WHO WANT CUSTOMISEABILITY use it? what percentage of mint users actually use LMDE?
without ubuntu, MINT IS NOTHING. i told CLEM directly a long time ago when he badmouthed UBUNTU, start your own full distro, and lets see it rival ubuntu. dumbass .

incase u didnt also know, MINT"S supposed KDE desktop is a one man souped up shyte-pile. try going to the KDE part of the site, its soo stoopid its hilarious, it actually makes KUBUNTU look like the best thing ever. it simply does not work, not without an advanced degree in hacking and a desire to overlook the faults, which are so bad, even the KDE project would stop them from releasing it if they could. RUBBISH.

so what should PINGUYOS do if MINT is claiming so much props, that guys remixes have been rock solid and stable, though bloated by so many apps u may never use, which u can remove yourself. but then isnt MINT guilty of the same thing? 4 media players!!! Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

spare me bruv.

AHHH i feel better now iv let just a quarter of my rant out.
Career / Re: Airtel Sacks All Her Customer Care Staff? by 4llerbe(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2011
but why are u folks castigating the chap who said glo dont pay 200k?

it has nothing to do with the situation, he never said the situation was good or justified, he said contrary to @ op's assertion, Glo do not pay 200k to customer care workers.
i get the nationalistic cameraderie and back thumping thing. its quite normal on Nairaland grin grin grin

those damned indians, coming to rip nigerians off, i advocate that we start a company, amass money so we can take over the coy back from the indians and pay our fellow nigerians 200k for customer care, ahan its a telco naw, not biz center!!

mcheew, buncha keyboard warriors.  better stop showing big mouth tarzan here and start giving constructive advice, are u going to force an employee on an employer?

the affected people should take up the matter with the[b] ministry of Labor[/b] and raise the issue in the mass media so it garners attention.  this calling people names on NL is not attention seeking, neither is your facebook campaign, u think this is Syria?
ask all these pple above to show up for a protest tomorrow in front of Airtel Hq, u wont see 1 soul.

The inhouse negotiation that had been going before was clearly mismanaged by the staff hence this decision by Management. which is not surprising, the average nigerian's idea of collective bargaining is to pull out idealistic figures from the sky and impose it on employers and refuse to budge A LA  NLC vs Fed Gov

what they need to do is to get both parties back to a table with sensible outsiders to broker decent agreement on wages.  besides the outsourcing coys surely do not pay 30k
TV/Movies / Re: The Arabs Have Arab Sat. The Ghanians Have Multi Tv. Where Is Nigeria's? by 4llerbe(m): 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2011
i take it u have never heard of HITV? or TRENDTV, or FSTV, or DAARSAT, oe even STARTIMES? grin grin grin
Phones / Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbe(m): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2011
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qotPB2UG0[/flash]

this is my fone running ubuntu netbook remix.

the vid is slow and choppy cos of the screencast ware. it slows down the fone, and its FPS is low anyway. its actually run a bit faster
Phones / Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbe(m): 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2011
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/embed/-X4kfVvbi20[/flash]

trying to make screencasts of my fone running.
Phones / Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbe(m): 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2011
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-X4kfVvbi20?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Banned. AGAIN!!

trying to make screencasts of my fone running.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by 4llerbe(m): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
ol boy, then i guess its time to say your goodbyes and start supporting west bromwich albion.

has it just come to your attention that the owner of CFC is a hopeless money miss road with more money to blow playing fantasy football in real life/laundering cash for his fellow russkie criminals?

abi u think without making buys such as this chelsea would have even smelt a trophy?

i dont even have to be a chav to tell u you are blowing kolanuts outta ur azz
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by 4llerbe(m): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
has almunia been actually released? pls confirm before you make me go to church for thanksgiving o
Phones / Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbe(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
sorry that 3rd line should read "else open up the .zip file, " not script lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 15 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.