Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

4llerbe's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4llerbe's Profile / 4llerbe's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 15 pages)

Phones / Re: China Fones: How Viable Are They by 4llerbe(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2009
crap fones thatbare bof no use except picking a fone call! for that function alone they are too expensive!!!

really they are not good for anything period, E71 clone or not, i saw that and the casing was spot on, i did not know it was a clone till i touched it but that is where it ends, av even seen a blackberry clone and the guy with it told me he bought it for 18 grand. he had to be crazy!!!!! 18k will get me a 3g k series S.E.

man knock yourself out, i hope you dont have any use for fones other than pick calls, cos every other function is messed up,

and do not start a thread asking how to connect it to ur laptop for browsing, i hate those threads, even saw 1 scammer trying to dupe folks into believing he could use a chinko for dial up
Computers / Re: Which Browser Is The Best On Mobile N Pc? by 4llerbe(m): 8:17am On Sep 27, 2009
Did i just see someone say i.e is secure? O.M.G.
LWKMD.

If u knw wats gud 4 ya get d latest firefox, if u want 2 do stuff like banking put on d private browsing under tools n ur gud.
4 speed u can also tweak ur firefox internals. Likewise u can get opera 10 n put on d turbo, or d latest google chrome (its gud now cos they always improving it).[color=][/color]
Romance / Re: How Do I Deal With This Kind Of Girl! by 4llerbe(m): 7:45am On Sep 27, 2009
See proper MUMU. U dense no be small! Anyway look dt girl is fingering your brain. Ur just being a chump.

D thing is she recognises d potential of ur wantintin luv, but ur cramping her style. She wants d freedom to roam. She already has a bf so she wants 2 play! All dis ur feelings just dey spoil mata!

Again she is playing d dog on a leash game wit u, by stimulating ur interest whilst keepin u @ arms length. Dt way whenever she needs something from u she gets it.

Beta find anor chick, and change ur mode of interaction wit dis 1, if she come looking, dnt jump @ her, but if she maga, chop am sharply. THEN u can reevaluate ur position. Bushmeat don catch hunter[color=][/color]
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 11:48pm On Sep 26, 2009
@ lynx, lol, my bro wetin man go do naw? Besides make i no decieve i jst dey try, i no sabi o. I guess am being forced 2 learn cos iv not booted my windows 4 lyk 2 wks now! I was wit a pal n culd not even rmbr hw 2 put of DEP!!.

@weaver, u knw say i no bright like dt naw! I usually check d man pages bt i usually do not understand d gibberish + d cmd parameters! U knw say i no go computer schl
Computers / Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by 4llerbe(m): 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2009
Lol. Thanx but really ehn e get sometimes dt all dis our nland 'gurus' dey vex me. And a tutorial is supposed 2 be easy so dt d person learning will have d confidence 2 try it and i thot d guy needed minimal directions since he was savvy enuf 2 try installin a os. Pc's r jst tools n dnt bite.

Then d folks dt tell pple 2 copy xp, hw come u dnt knw dt its an iso image? Jst cos u put in d cd and see files in it doesnt mean its an everyday data cd!!! Dts d point to d iso. Its an image dts bootable! If u want 2 get an os u need 2 copy d disc image as an iso not as just data copy!! And u need software 4 dt lyk nero or iso recorder etc. U den copy dt iso into d flash,
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2009
thanks man, i use a modem , and am as bemused as you. restarting doesnt do it. anyway its not that important YET,

i tried the top and it worked nicely though am yet to figure out how to kill a program with it,

ah yes those iodine, 6tunnel etc i found out that they can only be run from terminal, as yet i just havent figured out the exact cmds to start them thogh my real fear is how to stop them if indeed i get to start them, wahala! am just too clever for my own good.

hows ur weekend anyway? hope its great.

@ lynx i wandered into my messenger thru pidgin and saw ur offline msg. i dont ever use that thing unless i have an appointment there, thanks maybe we can hook up thru there and share stuff
Romance / Re: Can Condoms Prevent "magun"? by 4llerbe(m): 1:02am On Sep 26, 2009
now who the fck said magun just gets u stuck ha i guess u all london aje abi?

tseew, for ur info we have various varieties, the somersaulting type, the crowing type, the vomiting type, the type that just stays in you quietly and you die abruptly after a couple of days after giving funny signs like swelling belly, e.t.c e.t.c

they are all meant to kill you for trespassing anyway, and a lot of them are harmful to the woman carrier too.

as for the how is it possible folks, well as they say, a child that has not been beyond the confines of his fathers farm thinks its the largest in the world. and anyway the way u say that is the same way a stark villager will tell you a lot of what u think are everyday technologies are impossible for him to concieve.

if u dont know av met folks who absolutely belive HIV is a figment of the imagination, in this very day. and they would cite examples too and challenge you to prove it. watever rocks your cradle
Romance / Re: h. by 4llerbe(m): 12:40am On Sep 26, 2009
ok let me get this straight, weaklow catch your mouth so u cant toast shey? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ha nairaland entertainment plc, lol

and again you are in love with a dead person,

1st my pastor would def say u need deliverance,

2ndly, i would say u need a sound slap and probly u need to admit to yourself that there is something wrong with you.

3rdly, do u not have folks around you who are worried that u do not seem compos mentis?

my guy, if u want to follw the girl pls do, if not, cut the crap, look for a girl that will stand ur bullshit (i doubt but naija girls can do anything for husband and money) and get on with ur life. if u vex its the clearest indication that ther is something wrong with your head.
Romance / Re: How Do I Let My Dad Know Dat Aint Gat No More Time For The Governor's Daughter? by 4llerbe(m): 12:33am On Sep 26, 2009
NICE ONE, NICE WAY TO SAMPLE A PROPOSED MOVIE SCRIPT. SEE ALL UNA DEY YARN,

THE DUDE IS ONLY TRYING OUT HIS WRITING SKILLS, LOL

LISBON-GERMANY, NICE ONE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

dude let me be honest with you, your script sucks, lacks originality, u can already see the crap that is going to be screenplay. in short perfect nollywood, or rather example of wats wrong with nollywood
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2009
my internet is really bad so i cannot go googling properly. my internet apps are reporting that they cannot bind or create sockets on port 8080, but i do not have anything on, hw do i knw wat is using that port permanently and hw do i remove the offender?

then wats like the equiv of task mgr here? not that i need it like i always do in windows but 4 problema such as above it would come in handy.
Computers / Re: How Is Swift Broadband? by 4llerbe(m): 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
word bro, leave them and them marketing for swift, dudes probbly work @ swift, just like all those mtn boiz that are always praising mtn to the heavens for 40% downtime, crazy
Computers / Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by 4llerbe(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2009
dude check in your bios if your hard drive is sata, if it is check if u can disable it, if u can all good, if u cannot, then u have to start looking for sata enabled xp, sp 3 if am correct or u have to do it yourself with sata drivers and nlite.

if u pass the above requirements, right click ur hard drive in vista, use the tool there to shrink your vista install and then create a new partition. this depends on wherther u still want to be using the vista or not. as per sizes and all that,

then download a software called EASY BCD. check google for it its free. put it on external mediacos u gonna have to install it in the xp.

install the xp in the new partition. after u are thru, the vista bootloader will be messed up and u mwont even see the partition that has the vista. now install the easybcd in the xp and use it to repair the vista bootloader so u can dualboot both os, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

when u download the easybcd read or copy the instructions too o, but really its sooo easy to use. just in case sha,
Computers / Re: My Next Door Has A Wireless Network But Protected With A Wep Key by 4llerbe(m): 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2009
hmmmnnnn, but i already helped him naw!!!!!
no mind dem, then dt guy no dey naija so u cant blame him, ko mo wats up, he assumes the internet is readily available for cheap here, look deji and others, i see the adverts for broadband, GENUINE BROADBAND THAT U JUST USE ALREADY EXISTING PHONE LINES FOR, on sky and dude, it is like double that amount to get 56k dialup here in naija, so man we do wat we can to get by and we are in the vast minority,

@ poster look at wat i posted b4 . google is your best friend. cant say more or else i get banned from this site by the ESTABLISHMENT HYPOCRITES
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2009
He he he, now why would moi of d everyday computing schl want 2 go THAT far n get into trouble?

Hmmn, compiling, Saw a tool 4 dt in synaptic naw, Ok. Stop giving me ideas!

Well looking back it was fun, in a perverse way. As 4 iodine, lets just say its need 2 treat some network ailments, Not 2 wori, wen my research is thru, am really gonna be popular on d net.[color=][/color]
Computers / Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by 4llerbe(m): 1:13am On Sep 23, 2009
42 kBps?? that 1 na standard naw, i get 60 on my american digits standard,

sebi u saw that speedtest on the penultimate page? eyecandy, am talking serious movement naw, 100 kBps, na my target now, when i get that on dialup, igboro ma daru mennn!!!!!!

with the lord and mtn, nothing is impossicant o!!!!!
Computers / Re: My Next Door Has A Wireless Network But Protected With A Wep Key by 4llerbe(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2009
ha ha ha, naija sturvs, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
well as he said THAT IS VERY DISHONEST, angry angry angry

hmmn, well as a fellow naija bruv, i have just 1 phrase for u, 'cain and abel'
figure the rest out on your own, lets see if u can put 2 plus 2 together
Computers / Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2009
get rid of it and get anor antivirus abeg, that thing will frustrate the enjoyment of ur pc. im surprised u havent started complaining of slow speed computing, norton = crapware
Computers / Re: Plz Who Uses Ubuntu? by 4llerbe(m): 11:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
pls there is an officially, absolutely thriving ubuntu thread on nland, pls use it for ubuntu related issues, we do not want a duplication of resources. it makes it easier for us if its in 1 place. though u shld have noticed it naw, its ALWAYS on the first page. see u there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the licensed ubuntu noob/pest, cool cool cool grin grin grin grin grin
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
its official, im no longer a green noob. grin grin grin grin grin maybe a blue 1 sha.
pls ignore the fmr post, i had some issues with updating my system and a new kernel and as such my system did not boot, i made a post here and it did not show.(this crap has to stop) so i eventually solved the issue on my own. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
man it wasnt easy but i guess it was commonsense in the end sha.

i lost pwr during an update and the boot config was messed up, there was a new kernel installing,
i eventually figured out that i shld use the menu, booted into the old kernel, ran sudo dpkg, updated the kernel issues im synaptic, bingo the remaining updates configured, my pc is back,

that sounded easy abi?, it was HELL trying to figure it out, my first reaction was panic, lol
this thread helps me think, dts y i disturb it all the time,
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2009
actually now the cd did not help, so i restarted the pc and tapped esc and went into menu where i saw the 2 different kernels, the new one did not start in recovery mode nor normally, im going to try the old kernel now and see.

hope this works oooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

i honestly dont think any1 has had the amount of drama am having with this thing.

hmmn it seems, am coming wait
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
Hummph! I did run as root n got a list like urs though not as long. Then funny thing is i see iodine alongside urs, i had 2 mark dt seperately! Thot synaptic did dependencies! Anyhw sha, HW DO I START DT PROG 4 EXAMPLE?
Iodine - ?

I do that n it says run as root, i run as root n it says bash cmd not found. I tink i will give this 1 up jo, its jst 4 leisure anyway.[color=][/color]
Computers / Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbe(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2009
sudo apt get tells me that the app is already the latest version!!!!!! means it thinks the thing is installed no?

where can 1 get a comprehensive listing of linux commands? so i dont have to disturb nland all the time. i googled for one and found one site that listed a few, and quite frankly dem was not everyday commands for simple people like me o!!

then pls how do i start a regular program from terminal? iv tried start (app), it tells me to get as root, then says job not found as root or something similar!!!
Romance / Re: Is It A Crime For A Man To Be A Virgin Till He Get Married?. by 4llerbe(m): 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2009
nothin wrong at all. I JUST HAVE A COUPLE OF MISGIVINGS. LOOK THE TRUTH IS BOYS DO NOT GROW UP IN THAT WAY!!! BOYS ARE VERY CURIOUS ABOUT THEIR SEXUALITY AND EVERYTHING CONNECTED. ITS A MALE THING!
so maybe a guy has passed the teenage stage without getting lucky with getting laid (WHICH PROBABLY RANKS VERY HIGH ON A TEENAGE BOY'S MIND) and decides to be celibate, no problem.

BUT you shld ask, is he ok? as in not impotent,
does he get hard ons,
do his hormones do him at times?,
do women turn him on? closet gay alarm!!!!!!
has he had experiences in the past that have influenced his sexuality? really important cos most folks just do not realise that like girls men too get traumatised!! iv heard of boys who saw daddy doing mommy and have been turned off sex somehw!!!

is he looking foward to getting laid?
IS HE A WANKSTA?? most likely anyway, most supposedly celibate folks just make do with masturbating and keeping a straight face, problem is wanking soon becomes better than sex, besides there is nobody to satisfy except themselves so y bother, i knw married couples who have issues with this, IN CHURCH TOO BY THE WAY!
so if by some freak reason he is free, shake his hands and encourage him.
otherwise he needs help, PROFFESSIONAL HELP
Computers / Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by 4llerbe(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2009
dude that is not free freedom naw!!!! cool

make una no advertise this zain abeg, the thing don dey slow these days, kai i don delete that shot ooooo!! but lyk 2wks ago at 1 am i do test for this zain thing when i move 100mb in 8 mins o boy i fear o! na like 5.1 for that speedtest page o!!!!

but sigh, nawadays,

Computers / Re: Microsoft Word Problem by 4llerbe(m): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2009
dude sorry to disappoint you but that flash drive is fcked!!! pure and simple.
in naija here a very scarce commodity is a decent flash drive believe me! and never mind all the canvassing you hear, YOU CANNOT GET A N ORIGINAL FLASH DRIVE FROM IKEJA COMP VILLA. believe me iv bin a victim several times over. the flash corrupted your doc and probly every other thing in it, the flash memory is bad pure and simple.

try get another one, from where, is what i cannot say but i would hazard a guess and say you try the discount mega hardware stores like the game at the palms or such other places. if the ones they sell there are also bad, too bad for naija o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 15 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.