Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

4wardever's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4wardever's Profile / 4wardever's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

Career / Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by 4wardever(m): 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2022
JAMO84:
"You have heard me say to you, I am going away and I am coming back to you; if you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said I am going to the father, for my father is GREATER THAN I.
John 14:28

Why do you elevate Jesus to God level, when Jesus himself said that God is greater than him?

The answer to this question lies within the nature of the incarnation.

The phrase “the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28) was spoken by Jesus during the upper room discourse, and the greater context is the promising of the Holy Spirit to the disciples after Jesus’ resurrection.

During the incarnation, Jesus was temporarily “made lower than the angels” (Hebrews 2:9), which refers to Jesus’ status. The doctrine of the incarnation says that the second Person of the Trinity took on human flesh. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, Jesus was fully human and “made lower than the angels.” However, Jesus is fully divine, too. By taking on human nature, Jesus did not relinquish His divine nature—God cannot stop being God.

So how do we reconcile the fact that the second Person of the Trinity is fully divine yet fully human and by definition “lower than the angels”?

The answer to that question can be found in Philippians 2:5-11. When the second Person of the Trinity took on human form, something amazing occurred. Christ “made himself nothing.” This phrase has generated more ink than almost any other phrase in the Bible. In essence, what it means is that Jesus voluntarily relinquished the prerogative of freely exercising His divine attributes and subjected Himself to the will of the Father while on earth.

Another thing to consider is the fact that subservience in role does not equate to subservience in essence. For example, consider an employer/employee relationship. The employer has the right to make demands of the employee, and the employee has the obligation to serve the employer. The roles clearly define a subservient relationship. However, both people are still human beings and share in the same human nature. There is no difference between the two as to their essence; they stand as equals. The fact that one is an employer and the other is an employee does nothing to alter the essential equality of these two individuals as human beings. The same can be said of the members of the Trinity. All three members (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are essentially equal; i.e., they are all divine in nature. However, in the grand plan of redemption, they play certain roles, and these roles define authority and subservience. The Father commands the Son, and the Father and the Son command the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, the fact that the Son took on a human nature and made Himself subservient to the Father in no way denies the deity of the Son, nor does it diminish His essential equality with the Father. The “greatness” spoken of in this verse, then, relates to role, not to essence.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: 5 Ways To Avoid Getting Overcharged By Mechanics by 4wardever(m): 8:25am On Mar 20, 2017
6. Trust your guts. If you have a funny feeling about it, then get someone else.

Just did an overhaul of my car & have the following for sale. Send me a PM if interested:

An 020-cut crank shaft for sale

A 12V 45Ah Car battery

An unlocked brainbox
Autos / Re: Pick Your Choice Cars From Cotonou At Cheaper Rate, Follow Us To Cotonou Today ! by 4wardever(m): 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
demmy66:
ykmotors..pls sincere apologies for doing this on your thread if you find it offensive.. famodav i have used honda 1999/2000 crv manual transmission for sale... if interested.. you can reply.. thanks

I am interested. How much and can I see what it looks like? Email me: frankway86@gmail.com
Romance / Re: HEELP HIM With Tips On How To Sustain A Conversation With The Opposite Sex by 4wardever(m): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
The level of your closeness to her would affect how she responds to your conversation.

Basically, you must look out for her interests and never be short of compliments. Women invest a lot of time to look good and the least you can do is to appreciate what you see.

You can take it further by asking her how long it took making her hair, nails and how she can combine it with work and all.

Guy, you've got to be intelligent and real.

Best of luck!
Food / Re: What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? by 4wardever(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2014
My first comment on Nairaland in a long while...

Well, some of what turns me off in a restaurant includes:

1. Having to wait for the food to be served while am hungry is not the issue but them not keeping to time. As in ehn, what can be so annoying than being so hungry that you loose your appetite cos the food is not yet ready?

2. Untidy and hungry-looking waiters

3. Tasteless food especially when you realise that 'I can cook better than this.'

4. When the owner talks down or even smacks the servers just to show she's boss.

1 Like

Family / Re: I Am Not Happy In This Relationship by 4wardever(m): 9:54am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44:
You are just being silly

Dude, read all of the posts here and examine yourself. Everyone that have posted did it using their brains and hearts. I wonder why you flushed yours away. If you don't have anything to do, go and play in the bush.
Family / Re: I Am Not Happy In This Relationship by 4wardever(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44: Did the same OP not open this same thread in the romance section?

What nonsense
Pls don't insult yourself. Over 80 views since yesterday & no response, what do you call that? I concentrated here cos of the matured responses am getting. Pls let's stick to the topic.
Family / Re: I Am Not Happy In This Relationship by 4wardever(m): 7:00am On Nov 15, 2012
Thanks for all the mature responses people. Wd defnitely work on a thing or two.

It's not like I don't luv her & never used to call her and them friends. I relocated last year cos of sch to where I live now & lost contact with many. Thank God for my siblings and maybe facebook for a few frnds.

As for her, there was a time in d rel like 2 - 3 yrs ago we talked endlessly day & night. Then d fire was burning hot but along the line (where I think we are now), you discover that those butterflies don't hold anything.
Family / I Am Not Happy In This Relationship by 4wardever(m): 4:58am On Nov 15, 2012
Been seeing this lady for a while now and of late, I been having certain concerns about the relationship. On the surface, everything looks fine but deep down within me, I feel all alone in the relationship.

I spend long hours on my job and side business; sometimes not calling her or friends for days just to be able to make everyone happy at the end. Of course, no one can be as passionate abt your business as you but she doesn't seem to be able to understand this, and even find her place in it. In fact, it was until her father assured her that "he will go places with his business" that she began to feel okay with what I do. This gives me another concern that she would be the kind of person that would always run to her father for everything she doesn't understand - if we get married.

I'm not looking for a perfect person, I just want to be happy with the one I love.

Pls advice me.
Romance / Re: Alone by 4wardever(m): 4:55am On Nov 15, 2012
Someone pls advice.
Romance / Alone by 4wardever(m): 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
Foreign Affairs / Re: Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online by 4wardever(m): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
Glad they all have taken it in good faith cos If USA was Nigeria, the headlines will read:

· Don't celebrate yet, Romney tells Obama (TELL magazine)

· Concede defeat, Obama urges Romney (Punch newspaper)

· 20 opposition cadres riot (The Sun newspaper)

· Romney Demands Vote Recount (Vanguard newspaper)

· Elections rigged (Guardian newspaper)

· No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)

· The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)

· There will be violence if we lose; Romney declares (LTV 8 news)

· Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)

· Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)

· Romney is an opportunist - Go back to your farm (AIT news)

· I will not accept results, Romney tells Obama (STV news)

· McCain heads to Election Petition Tribunal (MITV)

· White Majority rejects results (PM News)

· Kenyan Big Boy Senator Obama Throws Lavish Party to celebrate Election Victory (City People)

· Free for all fight at Obama rally in Grant Park (Channels TV)

· Northern elders, Arewa and Sultan rejects results (ThisDay)

· Republicans and Democrats supporters clash in Ketu and Ajangbadi, 14 dead, Romney threatens more heads will roll

· The people behind Obama's victory: True story uncovered... Newswatch

Can someone tell Donald Trump to shutup!

25 Likes

Family / Re: How Are Nigerian Weddings Funded? by 4wardever(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2012
ONE THING I've learnt in life anywhere is that it pays to be good to others and look for opportunities to give even when they do not ask. However, if you are tight-fisted, it will show even on your wedding day. You might have the money to foot all the bills from the beginning to end but at the end of the day those kind of people are usually bitter/remorseful after spending that kind of money.

In this part of the world, we're still our brothers' keeper and one good turn will always deserve another.

Again I say, when you're good to others genuinely, God will always make a way where there seems to be no way.

3 Likes

Romance / What Makes A Woman Submit To Her Man? by 4wardever(m): 7:17am On Aug 25, 2012
Is it the age difference?
Is it the money?
Or is it his bedmatics? wink

And at what level does this happen?

Honest responses pls.
Family / Re: In One Word Describe Your ''MOTHER'' by 4wardever(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
PRICELESS
Romance / Re: True Life Story by 4wardever(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2012
She should go and marry Jide oh since she has a soft spot for yankee guys (no pun intended), and has once dated him.
At least, it's safe to say that she's quite familiar with Jide more than Demola.
As for the pregnancy, she would be toying with her life if she attempts to remove that baby. If Jide insists on not taking responsibility, she should humbly go and raise the child alone. Don't think Demola would.
Romance / Re: Is He Stingy Or Wise?? by 4wardever(m): 3:11pm On Aug 17, 2012
seedord247:

what makes u think it's naija babe mentality??

How many places have you been too?? . .

what naija guys complained about is the same thing my frnd from, tanzania, somali, kenya, brazil, ghana, cameroon, Ivory coaast, Liberia do complained about. It's not just a naija babe thing. It's humanistic culture for girls to ask from guys/

Oh, I see the link, its just her & their stinking poverty! undecided undecided grin
Politics / Re: Why Nigerians Ridicule Nigeria by 4wardever(m): 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
Truth is, we can ridicule this country from now till tomorrow, it would only bounce back at us cos the so-called government we criticize is a product of us all. Whoever has led or will still lead this country will surely emanate from this current system and if we are to continue in this current wave, I fear for this land.
My people, we are the government!

Fine, Nigeria has given us few or no reason to be proud. In fact, there a thousand and one reasons why I could choose not be called a Nigerian but the question we need to ask ourselves is that in what way have we been part of the solution? Difficult one it is especially when a tree cannot make a forest but guess what? It sure can make a difference! Put that one tree in a scorching desert and it will be a source of hope to any traveler.

The poster has pointed a lot of fingers at the inefficiency of the country's leadership, I agree. But my point is that we do not need any form of re-branding or cosmetic approach to the various issues in this land. What we need is individual and collective REPENTANCE. It is then that the Nigeria of our dreams can be realized.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Romance / MARRIED OR SINGLE: How Do You Know When You've Met Or Are With The Right Person? by 4wardever(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
MARRIED OR SINGLE: How do you know when you've met or are with the right person?

A friend needs advice pls.
Romance / ‎6 Things Men In Love Do (how To Know If He Really Loves You) by 4wardever(m): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
HE’LL CALL
. Drunk dials and booty calls don’t count, only conversations where the man is expressing genuine interest in getting to know a woman.

HE’LL LISTEN

. Yeah, she might be cute and I could be attracted to her; but if she can’t hold my interest in conversation then what’s the point? Conversations about sex don’t count, again, only ones where a man is genuinely interested in getting to know a woman.

HE’LL WATCH/DO SOMETHING HE WOULDN’T NORMALLY

. Men are very particular about certain things, especially movies and TV shows. But a man that gives up control of the remote (and movie tickets) to a woman is a sign he’s feeling you.

HE’LL GO SHOPPING WITH YOU

. Every man hates shopping cos it can be time consuming and boring. However, when a man’s feeling a woman he might not only grin and bear it, but actually participate. A straight man that appreciates how his woman looks might willingly chime in on her outfit and enjoy the mini-modeling show of having her try on different outfits for his approval. Trips to Victoria’s Secret don’t count because what man wouldn’t appreciate a potential lingerie peep show.

HE’LL CRY

. For the most part, men are not emotional creatures so crying is the ultimate form of opening up. Now, it’s not like guys are running around shedding tears at every opportunity but in the rare instances where one does it should be noted. Crying is a major display of vulnerability and if a man breaks down in front of a woman because of a death in the family or a similarly tragic experience it displays a considerable amount of trust in her.
The flipside of the crying scenario is a man shedding tears at the end of a relationship. If a man had no feelings for the woman at all it would be no problem, but a man breaking down over a breakup shows that he truly cared about her. The fake sobs of a man busted for cheating don’t count, though.

HE’LL SAY “I LOVE YOU,” …AND ACTUALLY MEAN IT

. Anyone can say “I love you,” but actually meaning it is a whole other ball game. The hard part is discerning when a man is being genuine and not just running game. If the L-word gets uttered during the throes of passion, then it should be taken with a grain of salt, as good sex will make people say and do almost anything. The true test of a man’s feelings comes from his actions.
Not everyone is honorable. There are individuals that will claim they love you until they’re blue in the face, yet these are the ones who are continually cheating and lying. As I’ve said before, words have no real value without meaning.
Man in love with a woman will not only say it but he will show it. He’ll call you when he misses you. He’ll listen to you when you’re talking. He’ll make sacrifices to make you happy. He’ll be emotionally available and willing to express himself with you. He’ll mean what he says and do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important woman in the world.

What signs do you use to tell if someone is genuinely in love with you?

source: http://art2shere..com/2012/08/6-things-men-in-love-do-does-he-really.html

1 Like

Romance / Re: Yoruba Terms Of Endearment by 4wardever(m): 8:54am On Aug 04, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Irin ishe mi

Omi garri mi

Iroko mi

Opa eyin 1

Ajase poki poki mi

Paraga tan yi mi lori

Fadeyi gbogbo awon toasters mi

Bobo tan yi ata mi cheesy

Alase mi too much money.....

Alade mi

Oko mi ale Iya mi

Chocomilo ton choco galilee mi....

Animashawun mi

Oyoyo to gbaski

Obonatus abe mi

Opa mose tan salu bata mi

Olugbala Konjificacion mi

Asiwaju mi

Ibanuje stopper

Idunu tan nu omi je mi

Akanni teminikan sho sho

Omo ti o we tan dan

Sigbonle oko Badosky...... kiss grin

Olori oko bam bam!

Ifanu mi

Giji mi

Tofunmi

Ifemi

Ajiri omo koshefowora mi

Ojowu idowu

Ake baje teminikan

Panla tan se efo mi

Brokoto tan fa wahala ninu ikoko obe mi

Bobo tan lana sibe....

IDOWUOGBO abukereleti toba sun a si ma ja to... Babeeeeeee, ma gbadun lo!!!
Romance / Re: My People by 4wardever(m): 8:12am On Aug 04, 2012
Knowing ur life partner first has to do with fully understanding who you are & what you have to offer him - not just becoming a baby factory. I don't subscribe to those who say that immediately they met, they knew instata... Works for a few but to every man his own sha.
As a man, I wd look for someone who:

Has found her place in my vision,

Is teachable,

Is trustworthy,

Loves n respect my siblings,

Is a practising believer (her values, standards & beliefs must be in sync with mine (Can 2 work together except they agree?... With time, wd produce: Patience, Kindness, etc

And of course is well endowed front & back :p... We r talkg abt life here wink
Romance / Re: Honest Opinion Needed by 4wardever(m): 11:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
The guy was simply a gold-digger and obviously, the money is as good as gone. The first rule you must learn is to never lend money out that you cannot afford to loose no matter who the borrower is. That way it could have lessen the shock (if defaulted).

Does he have relatives, siblings or anyone who you know can talk sense into him? Pour out your heart to them.
That, I think is the most reasonable for now.
Romance / Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by 4wardever(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
19) TRUST - I cannot compromise on this. Without trust, everything will crumble.

11) GOOD LISTENER/ADVISER - There's something very sexy and magnetic when you can pour out your heart to someone who not only listens but gives sound advice.

12) & 18) HARDWORKING - Goal-getters are always hardworking. And together, we will build our empire.

3) PRACTISING BELIEVER - With this, her values, beliefs and standards will be in sync with mine. With time, it would also produce the fruits of the spirit (LOVE, JOY, PEACE, FORBEARANCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL)

2) PHYSICAL LOOKS: Yep!!! She's got to be well-endowed home and away grin grin grin!

1 Like

Romance / Re: Relationship Mistakes You Made. by 4wardever(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
shymmex: You can't really learn from other people's mistakes in relationships because people are different... You learn from your own mistakes..

Applying other people's experience(s)/mistake(s) to your relationship, will make it fail before it starts...

Go into every relationship with a clear mind, set out your objectives, and treat everything that happens as an isolated case..

Actually, it is MUCH better to learn from other people's mistakes not ours cos not everyone can survive to tell their own mistakes. grin grin
Despite some of the misleading/outrageous posts stated here, there are still some valuable ones I have learnt from; @ Sex Kills, well done bruv.

@ shymmex, I get your drift that we should not carry stereotypes but I think our mistakes really are a reflection of the principles we applied and since principles are universal, it can be applied anywhere and by anyone. However, it is our personal experiences that are unique.

1 Like

Business / What Kinds Of Businesses Can Only Be Registered Using Only "Business Name"? by 4wardever(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
What kinds of Businesses can Only be Registered using only "Business Name Registration?"
Any ideas?
Business / Re: What Kinds Of Trade Or Services Can Only Be Registered As A Business Name? by 4wardever(m): 9:28am On Jun 19, 2012
Any help?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.