Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (63330 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:52am On Sep 29, 2019
martyns200:
Good morning, I just noticed the engine oil indicator on the dashboard doesnt come on and off as it should when i start the car. What could be the cause? Its an 05 corolla
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by chuksmad(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello. The problem with the car.will either be,1) is like there have done some electrical conversion on it
2) Or the brain box (ECU) Programer doesn't get the programe perfectly well
3) Or the car has been using a wrong brain box due to the conversion. But when the previous brain box now get spoilt. Your engineers now go and get the correct one which may cause that
4) And also may they can found the right brainbox to that car. That us why the get something more similar to that which may lead them to do a conversion on the car electrical system.
But what so ever.my advice is that the engineer/s working on the car should try to get exactly like the previous ecu that is on the car before and he should do a programing with a good programer machine
I just stumble to this page and very happy to discover your great insight and help you render in this forum. Kudos to you. My Mazda 626 (2000) is having this issue of not steaming normal when you start the car.
Immediately you start the car and remove your leg from the throttle, it will just go off.
What may be the cause?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Loujay(m): 12:17am On Oct 06, 2019
My Lexus ES330 continues to show me the “MAINT REQD“ warning light on the dashboard even when I have replaced the engine oil completely though recently. Please I really need your advice on what to do for the message to go off the dashboard or those this potend any danger for my car engine? Kindly advise a brother Sir.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Billiebaba(m): 1:07am On Oct 06, 2019
Since you have replace the oil, you car is not in danger anymore, you just need to reset the oil life to switch it off.
Loujay:
My Lexus ES330 continues to show me the “MAINT REQD“ warning light on the dashboard even when I have replaced the engine oil completely though recently. Please I really need your advice on what to do for the message to go off the dashboard or those this potend any danger for my car engine? Kindly advise a brother Sir.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Loujay(m): 6:36am On Oct 06, 2019
Billiebaba:
Since you have replace the oil, you car is not in danger anymore, you just need to reset the oil life to switch it off.
Thanks for your timely response. Please how do I reset the oil life?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by LORDEST(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2019
Please how do one fix p2716 error code on Lexus ES 350.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 06, 2019
larrixauto2017:
My good people of nairaland my name is shegzthecarguy i am an auto mechanic but i created this thread because as an automobile mechanic my aim is to provide solution due to my experience with all kind of Toyota/Lexus vehicles, with special reference to sedan,coupes,suvs . E.t.c and it likes, feel free to comment on any ones contribution and suggestion. Thank you for futher information about your car you can call this number 07083676583 Or 08111543369
pls how much is engine price of nissan almera 1996 model
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Billiebaba(m): 1:12am On Oct 07, 2019
Google will explain better than I would, I hope you understand
Loujay:

Thanks for your timely response. Please how do I reset the oil life?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hello ask your mechanic..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:00am On Nov 01, 2019
Ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by PrinceFola(m): 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
Good evening my Ogas in the house. Please sir's i urgently need a clarification on something as i am confused. Please, can CHECK MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT (Sorry if i dont get the real name) showing on my toyota corolla 06 model dashboard make it to consume my fuel too much? I have done everything possible to make this ligjt goes off but, yet, it still showing on... I approximately use 14litres of fuel for 3-4days before REFILL YOUR TANK lights come up on the dashboard.... 2. "Maintenance required" flash and off whenever i start my car, whereas i just changed the oil On Monday...Please sir's, is the fuel consumption okay or do i really need to do anything as soon as possible? Thanks as i await your responses
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2019
PrinceFola:
Good evening my Ogas in the house. Please sir's i urgently need a clarification on something as i am confused. Please, can CHECK MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT (Sorry if i dont get the real name) showing on my toyota corolla 06 model dashboard make it to consume my fuel too much? I have done everything possible to make this ligjt goes off but, yet, it still showing on... I approximately use 14litres of fuel for 3-4days before REFILL YOUR TANK lights come up on the dashboard.... 2. "Maintenance required" flash and off whenever i start my car, whereas i just changed the oil On Monday...Please sir's, is the fuel consumption okay or do i really need to do anything as soon as possible? Thanks as i await your responses
Hello sir... So many things can cause a chech engine light(malfunction indicator lamp) to come on... And also there is a problem on the car system that makes it consume fuel. Which are.....
1) I there is a bad catalytic converter or you no catalytic converter at all...
2) A bad oxygen sensor (Ho2sensor or lambda sensor).. Which may be bad.
3) A leaked exhaust can caused it sir...
E.T.C
When there is a fault in the car system... The check engine light(malfunction indicator lamp) will come on.. Which tells you that there is Somthing wrong.. With the car...
The only wway to get the exact cause or problem is to take it down to the workshop for computerized scanning. After you scanned it. You can now post the result back to this thread for further information...
Thanks....
I remain Shegzthecarguy..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by peteofi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 02, 2019
Well good day. I have two questions for 2 different vehicles. The first is a 2006 Toyota Corolla (it was converted from RHD to LHD). At high speed the steering shakes, all checks show is the steering rack. My question is if I replace the entire steering rack hope it won't happen again? And is there any other issue I have not detected?.
The second is a 2010 Kia Cerato, the brain box was recently replaced, but now it does not select gear. It's automatic by the way. I ran a scan and they say is a speed sensor. What's wrong with this car sir? Am thinking the brain box is bad. Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by PrinceFola(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir... So many things can cause a chech engine light(malfunction indicator lamp) to come on... And also there is a problem on the car system that makes it consume fuel. Which are.....
1) I there is a bad catalytic converter or you no catalytic converter at all...
2) A bad oxygen sensor (Ho2sensor or lambda sensor).. Which may be bad.
3) A leaked exhaust can caused it sir...
E.T.C
When there is a fault in the car system... The check engine light(malfunction indicator lamp) will come on.. Which tells you that there is Somthing wrong.. With the car...
The only wway to get the exact cause or problem is to take it down to the workshop for computerized scanning. After you scanned it. You can now post the result back to this thread for further information...
Thanks....
I remain Shegzthecarguy..
Alright, thanks for the prompt response sir.. I sincerely appreciate but please what about the "MAIN REQD" light too? I just changed the oil last week Monday and the ligjt still show up on my dashboard... Just flash and off again...
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2019
PrinceFola:
Alright, thanks for the prompt response sir.. I sincerely appreciate but please what about the "MAIN REQD" light too? I just changed the oil last week Monday and the ligjt still show up on my dashboard... Just flash and off again...
After an oil change the maintainance required light need to be reset....... And if it is not... The light will not be off untill. It is reset sir... So ask a technician that knows about it to help you do the resetting cause of next oil change..

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by PrinceFola(m): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
larrixauto2017:
After an oil change the maintainance required light need to be reset....... And if it is not... The light will not be off untill. It is reset sir... So ask a technician that knows about it to help you do the resetting cause of next oil change..
Okay sir, i sincerely appreciate you sir. God bless you boss....
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2019
PrinceFola:
Okay sir, i sincerely appreciate you sir. God bless you boss....
You are welcome sir...
Thank you very much
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by val15: 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
Pls sir I want to buy chevrolet Epica 2007..Any major problem with the car
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by tojahh(m): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Ask your mechanic

My Honda civic stall while accelerating, it doesn't change gears as it were. What do I do.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by naphunlimited(m): 8:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
Mech please my baby boy after driving for a long distance and stop for a while it will not start unless l push the pedal a little before it will respond. A rewire top me its the TPS. Can this be true?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by IKPOLIGA: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hello, after change of gearbox, do i need to still change from Brainbox. I drive a toyota rav 4, 2001 model.
Furthermore, my "check engine" light is always on. i really need to get these issues right because i want to enjoy my car before i sell it off.
Thanks.

Sam
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
tojahh:

My Honda civic stall while accelerating, it doesn't change gears as it were. What do I do.
. Hello sir.
You said your car stall while driving/Accelerating
A lot of things can cause your car too stall.. Like.
1. A bad fuel pump.. Or a block fuel pump filter or fuel line.
2. A clogged up injector...In which it may need a service or replace.
3. A bad ignition coil or spark plug... In which will be replaced..
E.T.C..
Yes sir to know the exact issue with the car you will need to run a computerized scan on it sir.. after running the scan you can also or the engneer in charge of the repair to take a physical troubleshoot. if you are in lagos you can come to our workshop.. Sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
naphunlimited:
Mech please my baby boy after driving for a long distance and stop for a while it will not start unless l push the pedal a little before it will respond. A rewire top me its the TPS. Can this be true?
Hello Sir.. First thing is that you need to run a computerized scan on it after that that will give you the exact issue with the car. On a scan result then you can now post it on the thread i will answer it sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
IKPOLIGA:
Hello, after change of gearbox, do i need to still change from Brainbox. I drive a toyota rav 4, 2001 model.
Furthermore, my "check engine" light is always on. i really need to get these issues right because i want to enjoy my car before i sell it off.
Thanks.

Sam
.. Yes sir... According to you sir you said.. You just change the gear box and the check engine light is on..What are the physical symptoms you see before deciding to change the E.C.U. (Brainbox). ?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by tojahh(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
larrixauto2017:
. Hello sir.
You said your car stall while driving/Accelerating
A lot of things can cause your car too stall.. Like.
1. A bad fuel pump.. Or a block fuel pump filter or fuel line.
2. A clogged up injector...In which it may need a service or replace.
3. A bad ignition coil or spark plug... In which will be replaced..
E.T.C..
Yes sir to know the exact issue with the car you will need to run a computerized scan on it sir.. after running the scan you can also or the engneer in charge of the repair to take a physical troubleshoot. if you are in lagos you can come to our workshop.. Sir

Yes I'm in Lagos. You didn't address the issue of not gear not changing.

It keeps revving but not changing
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Peacemaker126: 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
Goodafternoon house pls help a brother am in a big problem I use Mazda 6 04 4plug the gearbox started giving me issues I have to repair it after that my car life never remind the same that the gearbox over heat and burn all wire in the car,so I have to other for a tokunbo gearbox the mechanic want to the market and brought himself we fix it the Car did drive or R i was shock I have to send back the other one and bring another one still the same it driver a little bit not up to a minute and it didn’t drive or R again,what we I do now should I give the gear repair man to fix it which is 10k and 8k to another mechanic that we remove and fix the gearbox again or should I order for another 1 I have wasted money all dis days pls help me
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Simeondemmy: 7:10am On Jan 03, 2020
Please how much is car engine for Toyota Corolla 07/08?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hello Ask your Mechanic is back on thread
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by funcy: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hello sir, how good is lexus ES300 2003 model? Any advice on it?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by seanfer(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello Ask your Mechanic is back on thread

Hello. Please what could be cause of fuel tank leaking when filled to the brim. Please any lthung to do to correct this. I’m worried. Camry 06 i4.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ayo2008: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello sir, have issues with my Honda civic automatic 2003 model. I discover that the D light on the dashboard blinks and due to this whenever the car finds it difficult to accelerate on hilly place and taking off when there is need for me to stop seems difficult as u have to accelerate hard.
Wnt to scan the car and the rewire man who is good too said from the readings, the TPS (Throttle position sensor) has gone bad. I just wondered if the reason for the D blinking was due to fault in TPS?
Try reading on TPS online and its faulty symptoms but know saw D blinking as part of the D light blinking as part of the symptoms of faulty TPS . pls need advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (31) (Reply)

Tesla Owner Implants Keys Into His Own Hands ( Pics, Video) / Just Saw A Toyota Ferari In Lagos Street. / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.