Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (62875 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by codeKart(m): 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2020
I gave my Corolla to a painter sometime in September/October.

While the car was with him, it apparently got flooded and water entered the gear. After picking it up, less than 5 minutes later, the car stopped entering gear and I had to tow it back to the painter. He brought a mechanic who 'serviced' the gear. And then they drained the oil and replaced it a couple of times.

Since then sha, I've had to drain and replace gear oil about 3/4 times. The car will be fine and then after awhile, it will just stop entering gear. I had to push it back home on Sunday.

It wouldn't enter drive but it enters reverse.

Does anybody know what could be wrong with it? Also, can you recommend a good gear mechanic on the island? The car isn't even moving at the moment
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by suzzyrims: 12:46am On Jan 25, 2020
Good morning guys.

I use a Toyota Camry 2003, I recently started hearing a sound from the engine side like boiling water. Please I need an advise of what could be going wrong?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by PrinceFola(m): 10:29am On Jan 25, 2020
Good morning my Ogas, please my Corolla 06 do make unnecessary noise while driving in the morning....The sounds usually come from the front wheel..... It do sounds like something is lubricating each other and when I apply brake it will stop, then when I accelerate it sounds again.. Then,later it will finally stop till after the next day I drive it out...(I serviced it last year October).. Please what could be cause??
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Kingsdave(m): 11:15am On Jan 25, 2020
My 2009 Camry Xle V6 radiator is bad... water in the radiator last only 2 days... my mom had a minor accident with it... I'm about to change the radiator.. a mechanic told me to change to double cell radiator so that my engine will last ... so far I haven't experienced over heating with the follow come radiator... should I buy double cell or should I go for the one cell radiator.... I heard that if you buy the double cell they will bypass some things so I don't want any illegal bypass.... How much is the one cell and double cell radiator.... thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
IMOHS:
House I intend buying this car, Wat do u think about the damage/repairs, seller says it can be fixed within 48hrs.
yes sir it could be fixed sir.. But it depend on who you will give the car to fix and f you are ready to fix it. Cause it will cost you money sir...If you are ready to fix it we can help you with that sir our company is situated in lagos..
Thanks sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
Okeyworlu:
RX 350.
Hello sir Rx350 and Ml 350 both are all a good Suvs.. But you know what.? It all depend on maintenance.... And the technician that help you handle your cars..(Se mechanic does'nt know how to go about a repairs for cars.) Ml 350 it a durable car with a V engine that is consumption of fuel it reasonable.. And also it a bit rugged in terms of suspension(wheels or leg) because of the road.. It a really nice Suv.. Same goes for Rx350 also...
But in cost of maintaining them And RX350 is less expensive and it enjoyable
.Ml350 is also the same but it depend on your choice and your status .... Which one are you fitted for or fit you...
Thanks for asking us..
If you want to get a car suvs either naija used or toks full option you can contact me 07083676583 am Shegzthecarguy
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
PrinceFola:
Good morning my Ogas, please my Corolla 06 do make unnecessary noise while driving in the morning....The sounds usually come from the front wheel..... It do sounds like something is lubricating each other and when I apply brake it will stop, then when I accelerate it sounds again.. Then,later it will finally stop till after the next day I drive it out...(I serviced it last year October).. Please what could be cause??
Hello sir take it a good mechanic for proper inspection and good test driving so many things can cause a noise on a car thanks for Asking
. I am shegzthecarguy
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by PrinceFola(m): 5:50am On Jan 26, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir take it a good mechanic for proper inspection and good test driving so many things can cause a noise on a car thanks for Asking
. I am shegzthecarguy
Thanks for your response sir...
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Okeyworlu: 10:49am On Jan 26, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir Rx350 and Ml 350 both are all a good Suvs.. But you know what.? It all depend on maintenance.... And the technician that help you handle your cars..(Se mechanic does'nt know how to go about a repairs for cars.) Ml 350 it a durable car with a V engine that is consumption of fuel it reasonable.. And also it a bit rugged in terms of suspension(wheels or leg) because of the road.. It a really nice Suv.. Same goes for Rx350 also...
But in cost of maintaining them And RX350 is less expensive and it enjoyable
.Ml350 is also the same but it depend on your choice and your status .... Which one are you fitted for or fit you...
Thanks for asking us..
If you want to get a car suvs either naija used or toks full option you can contact me 07083676583 am Shegzthecarguy
thanks..
Looks like Lexus rx 350 will be a better option considering the maintenance cost. I fear rewire problem of ML. I heard the electrical problem plenty..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by codeKart(m): 10:52am On Jan 26, 2020
Good morning everyone,

Please can anyone recommend a good mechanic on the island or close to the island who can take a look at my Corolla's gear?

codeKart:
I gave my Corolla to a painter sometime in September/October.

While the car was with him, it apparently got flooded and water entered the gear. After picking it up, less than 5 minutes later, the car stopped entering gear and I had to tow it back to the painter. He brought a mechanic who 'serviced' the gear. And then they drained the oil and replaced it a couple of times.

Since then sha, I've had to drain and replace gear oil about 3/4 times. The car will be fine and then after awhile, it will just stop entering gear. I had to push it back home on Sunday.

It wouldn't enter drive but it enters reverse.

Does anybody know what could be wrong with it? Also, can you recommend a good gear mechanic on the island? The car isn't even moving at the moment
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
Okeyworlu:
thanks..
Looks like Lexus rx 350 will be a better option considering the maintenance cost. I fear rewire problem of ML. I heard the electrical problem plenty..
ok sir no p.. we have rx350 on gtound used and toks if you are intrested...dm me 07083676583
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by funkymeky: 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2020
Please where can I get a good auto mechanic for my Lexus ES350 in port Harcourt. I don't mean road side mechanics. A good auto maintenance company that specializes in modern Toyoto and Lexus cars will be very much appreciated. Their location and contact number will be very much appreciated too. And can I get a good Ac technician here in port harcour
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by seanfer(m): 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
funkymeky:
Please where can I get a good auto mechanic for my Lexus ES350 in port Harcourt. I don't mean road side mechanics. A good auto maintenance company that specializes in modern Toyoto and Lexus cars will be very much appreciated. Their location and contact number will be very much appreciated too. And can I get a good Ac technician here in port harcour

Get in touch with Gazzuzz. He will give you contact of Mr Chuks, He’s in Woji.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by funkymeky: 10:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
seanfer:

Get in touch with Gazzuzz. He will give you contact of Mr Chuks, He’s in Woji.

Thanks but how can I get in touch with Gazzuzz?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by seanfer(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2020
funkymeky:

Thanks but how can I get in touch with Gazzuzz?

Search for his name and contact him with the WhatsApp link on his page. He will give you Chuks number. Hope Woji is not far for you.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by funkymeky: 8:11am On Jan 29, 2020
seanfer:

Search for his name and contact him with the WhatsApp link on his page. He will give you Chuks number. Hope Woji is not far for you.

Thanks a lot worji is not too far..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by seanfer(m): 6:38am On Feb 03, 2020
larrixauto2017:
ok sir no p.. we have rx350 on gtound used and toks if you are intrested...dm me 07083676583

Please what can make fuel gauge to be giving wrong reading. Sometimes when I have more than half tank fuel, and drive for some minutes the gauge will show that I am having 1/4 tank. If I park for some time and start driving again it will go back to the normal gauge of 1/2 tank. Please what can be the cause so that I can tell my Mechanic what to do. Car is 06 Camry.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2020
Ask your Mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Seunaina2(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hello House, I have a Toyota Matrix 2006 manual. I intend to convert it to automatic due to heavy traffic and stress of changing gears in traffic. I still wish to use the car because it hardly give issues but I can't keep driving with the manual transmission. Kindly advise if I can change it to automatic transmission without issues thereafter.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by senatorken01(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hello house, my Honda civic 2002 model gear got burn, is it advisable to repair it or change it completely.
If I repair it, is it reliable. Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:05am On Feb 19, 2020
Ask your mech
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by martyns200(m): 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hello, Is It possible to change brands of synthetic oil? When my car came as toks have serviced twice using a full synthetic engine oil brand but I intend to stop using that and use another synthetic brand on next service, is it advisable and any side effects aftermath?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:35am On Feb 26, 2020
martyns200:
Hello, Is It possible to change brands of synthetic oil? When my car came as toks have serviced twice using a full synthetic engine oil brand but I intend to stop using that and use another synthetic brand on next service, is it advisable and any side effects aftermath?
Not really..

If you want to switch. Just make sure is full synthetic... Like the one you are using previously....And also i will urge you to make a research deeply about the new brand you will be using...Cause some brand you see and think it from germany,usa..E.T.C are... The aburo in Nigeria... After putting.. It in the gallon they will now seal for sale.
just. Watch out ..
Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by martyns200(m): 8:36am On Feb 26, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Not really..

If you want to switch. Just make sure is full synthetic... Like the one you are using previously....And also i will urge you to make a research deeply about the new brand you will be using...Cause some brand you see and think it from germany,usa..E.T.C are... The aburo in Nigeria... After putting.. It in the gallon they will now seal for sale.
just. Watch out ..
Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy..

Hmmm, dts scary now
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Zane2point4(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2020
Pls is 2006 Avalon xls a good car?
Anyone used it in this thread?
Pls help a brother is about to make the choice.
Thanks.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Selfkontrol: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Pls is Corolla sport 06/07 a good car? What are the problems. I intend to get a direct Belgium that would serve as personal and also for Uber sometimes. Advice pls. If there’s another good option too pls advice becos it would be my first car. Thanks.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by seanfer(m): 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
Selfkontrol:
Pls is Corolla sport 06/07 a good car? What are the problems. I intend to get a direct Belgium that would serve as personal and also for Uber sometimes. Advice pls. If there’s another good option too pls advice becos it would be my first car. Thanks.

Go for the LE, the sport looks funny after sometime on our bad road. no difference from the LE just that the Sports wear skirt and blouse.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Ambalicious(m): 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Gud evening. I just notice 3 diff lights on d left side of my dashboard flash when i accelerate on my 2007 Camry. Pls wat could b d problem
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:18am On Feb 29, 2020
Ambalicious:
Gud evening. I just notice 3 diff lights on d left side of my dashboard flash when i accelerate on my 2007 Camry. Pls wat could b d problem
Hello..Those light... flashing.. Is Callled MIL(Malfunction Indicator Lamp.).. They are on the dashboard. Instrument cluster. Which is also called the speedometer.. To pass information to the driver when ever there is an issue with the car.... The information they are passing may be minor or critical the best thing to do. When you detect that is to... Take your car to a sound automobile workshop to help you run a computerized scan on it...Sir cause the scan too is only the one that can pass information too you...In verbal(written) form.... Sir then you will understand why those light are flashing...
Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by sheu01: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
martyns200:

Why do u want to change? What's d name of d synthetic oil u are using b4? I have a reason for asking this questions. Thou no side effect but pls ans those question b4 I further explain
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by sheu01: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
Selfkontrol:

No issue but corolla sport is a good car but u enjoy it, on bad road u drive gently and don't never raise d car but u can change d tire size to 205/70rim 15. All corolla sport always come with alloy rim 15 but d follow come tire size is 195/65/rim15
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Activity77(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
I ve changed my valve cover gasket twice now on my camry 2008 still yet leaking oil... Please help... Don't know what to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.