Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (63241 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:35am On Jan 10, 2020
ayo2008:
Hello sir, have issues with my Honda civic automatic 2003 model. I discover that the D light on the dashboard blinks and due to this whenever the car finds it difficult to accelerate on hilly place and taking off when there is need for me to stop seems difficult as u have to accelerate hard.
Wnt to scan the car and the rewire man who is good too said from the readings, the TPS (Throttle position sensor) has gone bad. I just wondered if the reason for the D blinking was due to fault in TPS?
Try reading on TPS online and its faulty symptoms but know saw D blinking as part of the D light blinking as part of the symptoms of faulty TPS . pls need advice
Hello sir firstly i will advice you to go and run a computerized scan on your vehicle to figure what is the matter to avoid wasting of money and time cause so many things may caused that
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2020
Ask your mechanic.. Sorry question will be answer... as soon as i see them... Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by smallboyfarmer: 10:03am On Jan 14, 2020
Weldone sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Adaba0803(m): 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
larrixauto2017:
My good people of nairaland my name is shegzthecarguy i am an auto mechanic but i created this thread because as an automobile mechanic my aim is to provide solution due to my experience with all kind of Toyota/Lexus vehicles, with special reference to sedan,coupes,suvs . E.t.c and it likes, feel free to comment on any ones contribution and suggestion. Thank you for futher information about your car you can call this number 07083676583 Or 08111543369

Pls my Toyota Sienna 92 is not showing the over drive light and always refused to move from gear 3 upward what can I do ?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
Adaba0803:

Pls my Toyota Sienna 92 is not showing the over drive light and always refused to move from gear 3 upward what can I do ?
Hello sir for how long have you do the transmission oil change..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Perfecttouchade: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Ask your mechanic.. Sorry question will be answer... as soon as i see them... Thank you
greetings chief, I have a BMW 316i....it won't start while attempting to start until the mechanic go to the bonnet and pass a little fuel through one small hose then it will start after 2 attempts, serviced the nozzles, change fuel pumps,coil as well but no difference, I got a rewire to work on it and after working for some days, it went back to the hard starting ish...kindly help with solution
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Adaba0803(m): 8:38pm On Jan 14, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir for how long have you do the transmission oil change..

That was the first thing I did when I discover this issue it improved it but not normal
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Kala11(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2020
I really commend you for taken out time solving people's vehicular problems. God will continue to strengthen you.

Please, I did my toyota Corolla 05 car service sometimes in late November, about 2months now. It occur to me yesterday that I should check my engine oil then I noticed the oil is short without any sign whatsoever. The engine works fine, not smoky and no signs of short engine oil on my dashboard. What could could possibly be the cause and what should I do?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Mrford(m): 10:17am On Jan 16, 2020
Kala11:
I really commend you for taken out time solving people's vehicular problems. God will continue to strengthen you.

Please, I did my toyota Corolla 05 car service sometimes in late November, about 2months now. It occur to me yesterday that I should check my engine oil then I noticed the oil is short without any sign whatsoever. The engine works fine, not smoky and no signs of short engine oil on my dashboard. What could could possibly be the cause and what should I do?

Check for any sign of leak around the engine.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by White04: 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir. If am not mistaken the you have been using the car for the last 10 or 9 month without oil replacement.? Ok good
According to what you wrote you said the mileage is just 3,250.
And the right time for an oil change interval for this car is 5,000 miles or 6month.
I will just tell you this things which are :
1) Check if the car as maintainance required light which indicate when there is time for an oil change.
If the light is working normally and he has not indicate in the cluster. Sir you are good to go. till 5,000 miles
2) And also check the oil light if is not coming up.
3) Check for oil leakage
If there is nothing wrong. You are good to go sir

Good day Engineer, please I need your professional advice. My Lexus es330 was acquired by November 2019 (Toks) and properly serviced.

A few days ago, after going on a trip, the "Maintenance Required" light came up on my dash. And I have just driven about 3k miles with it in the past two months.

I have checked the oil gauge, and I think it's at an okay level, oil not dark nor greasy.

Do I ignore this notification or is there a fix?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2020
White04:

Good day Engineer, please I need your professional advice. My Lexus es330 was acquired by November 2019 (Toks) and properly serviced.

A few days ago, after going on a trip, the "Maintenance Required" light came up on my dash. And I have just driven about 3k miles with it in the past two months.

I have checked the oil gauge, and I think it's at an okay level, oil not dark nor greasy.

Hello sir... according to you. You said your maintenance required light come after driving it .Not up to 3k miles...
*Did you check the service record of the car befor buying it i mean the history..
*Did your dealer serviced it when he/she bought it.
*And also how long has it used in Nigeria before you buy it.
Yes sir the maintenance light that comes up suddenly after like about 3k miles is not okay..
But you wil consider the time he has used in nigeria and did the seller service it before selling it to you... And also did you take an automechanic down to the car for an inspection before getting it.. If not sir. Get a mechanic to help you run a check on it i mean a good technician that make use and understand the scan too very well sir..He should help you and run a computerized scan on it sir...Look into all what i have written sir.. And pls let me get a feed back from you..Thanks.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
Adaba0803:

That was the first thing I did when I discover this issue it improved it but not normal
. But for how long have you been using the old oil in your transmission...?
because it might have affect seriously... And so it means you should change the transmission completely.. There is not like repairing of transmission hear in nigeria *avoid been scam.. Thank you ... For asking a question hear on my thread
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by White04: 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir... according to you. You said your maintenance required light come after driving it .Not up to 3k miles...
*Did you check the service record of the car befor buying it i mean the history..
*Did your dealer serviced it when he/she bought it.
*And also how long has it used in Nigeria before you buy it.
Yes sir the maintenance light that comes up suddenly after like about 3k miles is not okay..
But you wil consider the time he has used in nigeria and did the seller service it before selling it to you... And also did you take an automechanic down to the car for an inspection before getting it.. If not sir. Get a mechanic to help you run a check on it i mean a good technician that make use and understand the scan too very well sir..He should help you and run a computerized scan on it sir...Look into all what i have written sir.. And pls let me get a feed back from you..Thanks.

Thanks for your prompt response Mech.
Yes, the car was well serviced after purchase.
Secondly, the car is foreign used. Wasn't driven in Nigeria.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Adaba0803(m): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2020
The transmission oil should around a month old

larrixauto2017:
. But for how long have you been using the old oil in your transmission...?
because it might have affect seriously... And so it means you should change the transmission completely.. There is not like repairing of transmission hear in nigeria *avoid been scam.. Thank you ... For asking a question hear on my thread
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:00am On Jan 17, 2020
Adaba0803:
The transmission oil should around a month old

the transmission is faulty might be from the opd user of the car or the way ypu maintained it sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Sheriff19: 11:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
larrixauto2017:
hello please my VW Golf 3 in overheated, I have changed everything that has to do with the cooling system (fan, radiator, pumps, thermostat e.t..c) yet the engine is still always overheated. What could be the cause and what can do please?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Mrford(m): 6:10am On Jan 19, 2020
White04:

What's the year model? Which oil did you use for service?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by White04: 11:12am On Jan 19, 2020
Mrford:

What's the year model? Which oil did you use for service?

Lexus es330 2005
Oil uses was Mobil 1000
4 litres
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Mrford(m): 11:34am On Jan 19, 2020
White04:

Lexus es330 2005
Oil uses was Mobil 1000
4 litres

Your car uses a 3mz-fe engine.

You are using the wrong oil. Manufacturer recommended oil weight is SAE 5w30 (its wrriten on your engine oil fill cap)
Drain and refill as soon as possible with 5w30 oil weight and a new filter.

The 4L you used is small.

Oil capacity is 4.7L with filter changed or 4.5L if you are not changing filter.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by White04: 11:37am On Jan 19, 2020
Mrford:

Your car uses a 3mz-fe engine.

You are using the wrong oil. Manufacturer recommended oil weight is SAE 5w30 (its wrriten on your engine oil fill cap)
Drain and refill as soon as possible with 5w30 oil weight and a new filter.

The 4L you used is small.

Oil capacity is 4.7L with filter changed or 4.5L if you are not changing filter.

Thanks so much bro. Will be draining the oil by Monday. GAZZUZZ also hinted on that.

I appreciate you all. Thanks for the help.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Tservices: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
Nice job larrixauto2017,
I just read about coolants. from what I read, I was made to understand that coolant is better than water. Due to this, I want to give it a try, which coolant do you suggest for 2000 model of Lexus RX300?
PS: There are no issues with the radiator or Engine, just want to explore
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by oluwaleokey: 1:31am On Jan 20, 2020
My 04 toyota camry vibrates when a/c kicks start
I realised the rpm pin is almost at zero when car a starts and a/c is turned on.
A mech the other day help raised the rpm pin to 1 but after few drive around, it dropped back again... is that there is some sort of device that regulates the pin that needs to be changed?
How do i fix this?
Its annoying when the vibrations sets in except you tap the gas pedal a lil or to 1 rpm before it normalises
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by MyMouth(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
Good afternoon, pls I drive a corolla 2004. Whenever I put it in reverse gear, I feel a little vibration. What could be the problem
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by matoseyems(m): 7:57am On Jan 21, 2020
Pls I need a mechanic that reside in PH at this address

HMC the merchant Retail Outlet PH: Nta Road, After Boby Filling Station, Port Harcourt

to help urgently

Whatsapp me on this number +234 815 289 1220
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 1:21am On Jan 24, 2020
Ask your mechanic noW
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Okeyworlu: 5:34am On Jan 24, 2020
Gents...which is a better car economically for use...Lexus RX 2010 or Benz ML 350 of 2010?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2020
Okeyworlu:
Gents...which is a better car economically for use...Lexus RX 2010 or Benz ML 350 of 2010?
what rx specifically
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Billiebaba(m): 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
greetings chief, I have a BMW 316i....it won't start while attempting to start until the mechanic go to the bonnet and pass a little fuel through one small hose then it will start after 2 attempts, serviced the nozzles, change fuel pumps,coil as well but no difference, I got a rewire to work on it and after working for some days, it went back to the hard starting ish...kindly help with solution
The issue might be along the fuel line, check fuel pressure, check the fuel regulator.
When does it do hard start, is it when you want to start it after long hours of sitting or when few minutes after you stop the engine to restart??
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Okeyworlu: 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2020
larrixauto2017:
what rx specifically
RX 350.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Perfecttouchade: 4:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
Billiebaba:

The issue might be along the fuel line, check fuel pressure, check the fuel regulator.
When does it do hard start, is it when you want to start it after long hours of sitting or when few minutes after you stop the engine to restart??
it happens everytime..thanks I will note all u stated sir and if there is any other thing I need to do please state.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by IMOHS(m): 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2020
House I intend buying this car, Wat do u think about the damage/repairs, seller says it can be fixed within 48hrs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply)

Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos) / Kenneth Bramor Buys 2019 Bentley Super Luxury Car / Tesla Owner Implants Keys Into His Own Hands ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.